AuthorMessage
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

Families, Clan, etc. Empty
PostSubject: Families, Clan, etc.   Families, Clan, etc. EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 4:22 pm

Can someone tell me the name of the office in charge of seals, coat of arms and the like? In Scotland, we call it the Lyons Court.

Devin's family is from Holland. He'd like a marriage coat of arms, which would combine our coat of arms together. Holland, from what I am hearing, does not allow coat of arms for those who are not Aristote and will not even put our marriage on the official family tree. Rolling Eyes Laughing

The Lyons Court does not care about religious affiliation, since we're so pagan there. Very Happy But the rules are stricter in Scotland, where you need to be noble, a knight, a dame, a chief, a duke, etc. If I stayed in Scotland, it would not be too hard for me to achieve one of those things but I don't feel like going through all that.

So anyway, wondering what office it is, who's in charge and what the regulations are.
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger
RK Profession: Blacksmith

PostSubject: Re: Families, Clan, etc.   Families, Clan, etc. EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 4:29 pm

ireland has no nobles, no kings, no clans

is no CoA authority there, and im thankful for that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nngo.biz
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Families, Clan, etc.   Families, Clan, etc. EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 4:35 pm

Awesome. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sephrenia
Citizen
Sephrenia

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Baker

PostSubject: Re: Families, Clan, etc.   Families, Clan, etc. EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 8:29 pm

I'd just go for asking Lance or Dusk or someone if they'll do it off the books, personally Razz
Back to top Go down
Lance
Knight
Lance

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Whiskey Distiller

PostSubject: Re: Families, Clan, etc.   Families, Clan, etc. EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 8:33 pm

Yeah Elois if you want one, get me the artwork and I can have anything made you want, CoA, flags, seals, birthday invitations, whatever Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Families, Clan, etc.   Families, Clan, etc. EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 9:02 pm

I already spoke to Flaithbheartach about it a week or two ago. I'm sure he'll be watching closely if ya do that. Hmm. Razz

Oh and I love my clan and clans in general. To me, clan is the same as a family, but the term is more Scottish. I could do without it being tied to politics though. Smile
Back to top Go down
Bekah
Noble
Bekah

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Families, Clan, etc.   Families, Clan, etc. EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 9:57 pm

The Hill of Tara is the Irish version of the CoH or the Lyons Court.
Back to top Go down
Lance
Knight
Lance

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Families, Clan, etc.   Families, Clan, etc. EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 10:57 pm

Elois wrote:
I already spoke to Flaithbheartach about it a week or two ago. I'm sure he'll be watching closely if ya do that. Hmm. Razz

Oh and I love my clan and clans in general. To me, clan is the same as a family, but the term is more Scottish. I could do without it being tied to politics though. Smile

Well . . . I'm not so worried about that Razz. I'm a little more lax then most people, only in there because I like researching heraldry and just history in general. I'm not one of those pricks that won't let people have things that will give them enjoyment IG though Very Happy. It's seriously no problem, just let me know.

Last edited by Lance68har on Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sephrenia
Citizen
Sephrenia

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Families, Clan, etc.   Families, Clan, etc. EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 1:36 pm

Hey! I don't politicise you guys! Everybody else does Razz Do whatcha want, is the whole ethos me and the rest who decided to set up Irvine wanted. Seemed an area somewhat lacking ingame. It makes for what could be interesting family reunions if we could ever get everyone writing at the same time :L
Back to top Go down
Grace
Mummy Bait
Grace

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Families, Clan, etc.   Families, Clan, etc. EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 2:33 pm

Yeah, in Ireland, you are supposed to go to the Hill of Tara for seals, CoA, etc. However, they are pretty relaxed and don't really have crazy rules.
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet
DDO character: Fighter
RK Profession: None

PostSubject: Re: Families, Clan, etc.   Families, Clan, etc. EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 4:04 pm

Yeah, the guy who tried to make rules for the HoT has gone to live in England, where I think he'll be much happier.

Also if you want a forum for your house/clan in the circle, just hit up the forum admins for one and ignore the HoT definitions on what is a house/clan as they hold no say over who gets to call themselves what.
Back to top Go down
Romanos
Commoner
Romanos

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Families, Clan, etc.   Families, Clan, etc. EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 7:28 pm

There does exist a "Hill of Tara" in Ireland. This concerns only those who wish to climb that hill, the rest may live their lives without enduring such an experience.
Back to top Go down
Boris
Commoner
Boris

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Families, Clan, etc.   Families, Clan, etc. EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 8:18 am

We're Irish. Do what you damned well want. Someone will complain, someone else will support you, there'll be a massive row, then the whole thing will go off-topic and end in personal mudslinging, just before some damned zoo animal kicks in and shut the whole lot down without anything being decided.

It's our way. drunken
Back to top Go down
Dillion
Serf
Dillion

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Families, Clan, etc.   Families, Clan, etc. EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 12:32 pm

oh mudslinging, my favorite Laughing
Back to top Go down
Grace
Mummy Bait
Grace

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Families, Clan, etc.   Families, Clan, etc. EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 4:46 pm

Boris wrote:
We're Irish. Do what you damned well want. Someone will complain, someone else will support you, there'll be a massive row, then the whole thing will go off-topic and end in personal mudslinging, just before some damned zoo animal kicks in and shut the whole lot down without anything being decided.

It's our way. drunken

Not always. Sometimes it degenerates into popcorn or pie. Or drinking.
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Families, Clan, etc.   Families, Clan, etc. EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 5:25 pm

Grace wrote:
Boris wrote:

It's our way. drunken

Not always. Sometimes it degenerates into popcorn or pie. Or drinking.

Maybe Ireland isn't so bad. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger

PostSubject: Re: Families, Clan, etc.   Families, Clan, etc. EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 5:41 pm

or drinking?

there is always drinking lol

is the biggest difference i notice in the wars in england vs the wars in ireland. in ireland, enemies still share drinks, in england, they boot ya from the tavern like little fucktwats
Back to top Go down
http://www.nngo.biz
Grace
Mummy Bait
Grace

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Families, Clan, etc.   Families, Clan, etc. EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 6:58 pm

Yeah, there are a very few idiots here that can't manage to be in a tav with their enemies and act like jackasses, but they are in the small minority, and everyone else hates them too Razz
Back to top Go down
Bellz
Knight
Bellz

Location : in a galexy far far away or Khyber... or stuck at work dreaming of Hawaii

Character sheet
DDO character: Cleric

PostSubject: Re: Families, Clan, etc.   Families, Clan, etc. EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 3:25 pm

Beth wrote:
Yeah, the guy who tried to make rules for the HoT has gone to live in England, where I think he'll be much happier.

Also if you want a forum for your house/clan in the circle, just hit up the forum admins for one and ignore the HoT definitions on what is a house/clan as they hold no say over who gets to call themselves what.

He left?

That has to be the best news I heard about Ireland yet cheers
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Families, Clan, etc.   Families, Clan, etc. EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 3:56 pm

anto_capone wrote:
or drinking?

there is always drinking lol

is the biggest difference i notice in the wars in england vs the wars in ireland. in ireland, enemies still share drinks, in england, they boot ya from the tavern like little fucktwats

Pfft - I had massive fun booting nngo from my tav in imleach! Toastini managed to wave the ooc flag in time though, so we had a catch up and a drink instead Cool
Back to top Go down
Boris
Commoner
Boris

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Families, Clan, etc.   Families, Clan, etc. EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 9:58 am

The only person I couldn't stand being in a tavern with was that heinous ratbastard Evan. I even managed a half-civil chat with Saamnn once.

Only once, mind.

Er...nobody has invited Evan here, have they?
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Families, Clan, etc.   Families, Clan, etc. EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 11:38 am

LOL, I don't think Evan would come here, even if he was invited. I haven't even been to Ireland yet but I see how he complains that the badguys ruin the game. Doubt he'd want to come to Anto's forum.

But I see people on this forum who dislike each other in RK but manage to be civil here. Only 2 rules on this forum and we manage that. Must be some sort of Willy Wonka magic. Razz
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Families, Clan, etc.   Families, Clan, etc. EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 12:41 pm

Evan tends to disagree with everyone no matter what side they pin their colours to. And he purposefully mixes up ic and ooc in his posts with some color code and expects everyone reading to remember this. I think he just likes being in opposition to all which is his prerogative I guess. I think that's his 'thing' but its easy enough to ignore if you find it irritating. I tended to ignore the crossing when I had an irish character. There was usually very little of real interest in there asides from posturing. *shrugs*
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Families, Clan, etc.   Families, Clan, etc. EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 12:47 pm

So basically the BJB/Amelia lovechild. Gotcha.
Back to top Go down
Bellz
Knight
Bellz

Location : in a galexy far far away or Khyber... or stuck at work dreaming of Hawaii

Character sheet
DDO character: Cleric

PostSubject: Re: Families, Clan, etc.   Families, Clan, etc. EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 12:54 pm

rotfl ... you have no clue what a proper description that is El

*tries very hard not to choke on her tea*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Families, Clan, etc.   Families, Clan, etc. Empty

Back to top Go down

Families, Clan, etc.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All your Nachos are belong to us! :: RK :: Ireland :: Irish OOC-
Jump to: