AuthorMessage
Toasti Jen
Noble
Toasti Jen

Character sheet
DDO character: Barbarian
RK Profession: Blacksmith

~The RK Censors Thread~ - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~The RK Censors Thread~   ~The RK Censors Thread~ - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 11:53 am

Maine coon says "I believe"...how about the part where I don't give a fuck what you believe? Can we get that written in forum rule please?
Back to top Go down
Trinity
Noble
Trinity

Character sheet
DDO character: Paladin
RK Profession: Butcher

PostSubject: Re: ~The RK Censors Thread~   ~The RK Censors Thread~ - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 4:45 pm

Yeah about sick of that critter >.<
Back to top Go down
Bellz
Knight
Bellz

Location : in a galexy far far away or Khyber... or stuck at work dreaming of Hawaii

Character sheet
DDO character: Cleric
RK Profession: Baker

PostSubject: Re: ~The RK Censors Thread~   ~The RK Censors Thread~ - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 5:38 pm

wow talk about butt hurt .... that thread is funny.

it will likely get removed, but this is what I posted...

{ooc: it is sad to see that censors need to come into an RP thread and post OOC stuff in it. There is such a lack of actual RP that one would think RP would be encouraged and NOT have the censors derailing it with talk of players and their interpretations of OOC choices. ALL posts here have been that of RP, so your comment about cheap shots at players is not required. We are as characters allowed to not like people, we are allowed to talk badly about people. We are even "gasp" allowed to say we want people dead and that we hate them, as this is ALL fictional and no one is talking about the player. Perhaps if censors are having issues discerning IC from OOC they should ask for clarification of a post in private, or if they really have issue with not everyone playing holding hands and being BFF's, they should look at not being a censor anymore.

And yes, I am aware this will likely get removed, but it needed to be said, and I will be voicing my concerns with Badger and sending him the link to this and a copy of what I have said.}
Back to top Go down
Trinity
Noble
Trinity

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~The RK Censors Thread~   ~The RK Censors Thread~ - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 7:54 pm

Trinity wrote:
Yep, thanks for ALL of that clarificatin MC and if you're done now, maybe you can split your stuff out of here so we can continue? or would that be asking too much? Rolling Eyes BTW, in case you were having a hard time deciphering whether this post is IC or OOC. It's OOC, you're welcome.

I didn't even get to see yours Bella >.< figured I'd post mine since it'll be removed shortly too I'm sure. lol
Back to top Go down
Dee_Snider
Knight
Dee_Snider

Character sheet
DDO character: Wizard

PostSubject: Re: ~The RK Censors Thread~   ~The RK Censors Thread~ - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 8:08 pm

Yeah he got me too...

Thing is Endracne does his broken English on purpose (I've seen him briefly go OOC to let someone know it is intentional and that he does know how to spell).

{Maine_Coon} wrote:
Dear player of Dee Snider,

the highlighted part of this post

Dee_snider wrote:
English Composition (Endracne)
Hospitality Leadership (Any Munsterite)
Underwater Exploration (Any English sailor)
Full Body Massage for Women (Dee)

has been removed in line with the following:

{Maine_Coon} wrote:
There seems to be a growing trend to criticise other posters words, on the basis that people can't understand them. This could be because they are written in dialect or are written by non native English speakers (with or without the "help" of a program like Google translate).

To clarify what is acceptable in forum:

If someone chooses to write English in a regional dialect that is perfectly acceptable in RP. If it is a very strong dialect then it would be courteous to provide a translation, but there is no requirement to do so.

As a character if you can't understand their accent then it is fine to RP that it is too strong for you to understand and proceed on that basis of non-comprehension.

As a player, if it is important to you to understand for your own RP purposes then please pm the author and ask for a translation or RP asking them to speak slower or clearer etc.

If you don't understand a post because it is a poor translation or obviously written by a non-fluent English speaker, then it is not acceptable to comment in RP, you are not talking in character but as a player.

All such comments will be treated as OOC and removed, (obviously if a character says in RP they are a foreigner and that is why their English is fractured, you can RP on that basis, but if they are playing a native Irishman/woman that would not be the case).

which can be found here

Please bear this in mind for future posts.

Thank you.

MC
Back to top Go down
Mick
Squire
Mick

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: None

PostSubject: Re: ~The RK Censors Thread~   ~The RK Censors Thread~ - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 8:19 pm

Quote :
OOC: And you can know whether Dee's post about "English composition" directed at someone was OOC how? As the rest of the post was IC, I think it's a good bet that that bit was as well. It would certainly not be surprising if Dee's character found Endracne's character to have a poor grasp of the English language.

And, for the record, I had no idea Endracne had English as a second language, nor would I care, but I think the fact that you clearly did may of been letting OOC knowledge cloud your judgement of an RP post.

I posted. I'm sure will be pulled too. I don't care.
Back to top Go down
Bellz
Knight
Bellz

Location : in a galexy far far away or Khyber... or stuck at work dreaming of Hawaii

Character sheet
DDO character: Cleric
RK Profession: Baker

PostSubject: Re: ~The RK Censors Thread~   ~The RK Censors Thread~ - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 8:19 pm

{Maine_Coon} wrote:
Dear Bella player,

the following part of this post (higlighted in red) was removed from
St. Francesca's Academy: Classes We Would Like To See 101

Bella_catorina wrote:
Bell wanders in hearing about the academy and looks at her sweetheart sitting with a look of anticipation. Her eyes dart to the strange talking cat who seems to talking in gibberish even? She shakes her head, and concludes if a cat would talk, it really should be gibberish, and she sits down beside Donnor.

Remind me not to let you cook dinner tonight aye?

{ooc: it is sad to see that censors need to come into an RP thread and post OOC stuff in it. There is such a lack of actual RP that one would think RP would be encouraged and NOT have the censors derailing it with talk of players and their interpretations of OOC choices. ALL posts here have been that of RP, so your comment about cheap shots at players is not required. We are as characters allowed to not like people, we are allowed to talk badly about people. We are even "gasp" allowed to say we want people dead and that we hate them, as this is ALL fictional and no one is talking about the player. Perhaps if censors are having issues discerning IC from OOC they should ask for clarification of a post in private, or if they really have issue with not everyone playing holding hands and being BFF's, they should look at not being a censor anymore.

And yes, I am aware this will likely get removed, but it needed to be said, and I will be voicing my concerns with Badger and sending him the link to this and a copy of what I have said.}

because it contravened Rule 10

Quote :
Rule 10: Protesting Administration or Moderator Actions

Game owner mandate prohibits the use of the forums to protest or criticize any moderation by the moderators or any administrative action taken against players by Forum or Game administration. Constructive critique and discussion of the Game developers' changes or additions to the game is allowed in The RK Game Discussion forum only. Please note: your consent upon registering for this forum granted your acceptance of the following:

Quote:
You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit.

Notes:
Complaints about Administrative or Moderator action must be made by private message and follow the Complaint process laid out in Rule 8.
Moderator identities are not to be discussed for any reason in a thread. If there is an issue relating to moderator identity it can be forwarded to a forum administrator by a private message only.

As for for the reason the comment you object to was amde was made, I edited a post that contravened the following:

Quote :
There seems to be a growing trend to criticise other posters words, on the basis that people can't understand them. This could be because they are written in dialect or are written by non native English speakers (with or without the "help" of a program like Google translate).

To clarify what is acceptable in forum:

If someone chooses to write English in a regional dialect that is perfectly acceptable in RP. If it is a very strong dialect then it would be courteous to provide a translation, but there is no requirement to do so.

As a character if you can't understand their accent then it is fine to RP that it is too strong for you to understand and proceed on that basis of non-comprehension.

As a player, if it is important to you to understand for your own RP purposes then please pm the author and ask for a translation or RP asking them to speak slower or clearer etc.

If you don't understand a post because it is a poor translation or obviously written by a non-fluent English speaker, then it is not acceptable to comment in RP, you are not talking in character but as a player.

All such comments will be treated as OOC and removed, (obviously if a character says in RP they are a foreigner and that is why their English is fractured, you can RP on that basis, but if they are playing a native Irishman/woman that would not be the case).

I do not believe it is cool, clever or acceptable to mock a player's English, whatever you think of the character. RK has enough problems retaining players without mocking those who do not have English as a first language.You may complain to Forum Admin about my attitude but as far as I am concerned it is a cheap shot, bigoted and unacceptable. The person whose post I edited understood the reason for the edit. I am sorry that you do not.

Maine Coon

And I do not think it is cool, clever or acceptable to have a censor go above and beyond what they are assigned to do. YOUR feeling can honestly be whatever you want them to be on the matter, it still does not supersede the fact that those posts were in character and that it was YOU who took it out of character.

I have a feeling your censorship has a lot to do with bias towards players then it does towards actual care over people leaving the game over what was posted. Posting your own ooc knowledge of a players written language speaks to that. No one in there was OOC. YOU took it upon yourself to decide that it was not in character. Which leads me to wonder if there was whining and crying from a friend or what....because I have seen worse slander of players in the London Commons and not a single edit.... then again, they would be slandering, flaming, mocking players that chose to portray bad characters....so fair game right? Lord knows we don't need THAT type in this game, they ruin everything.

Yes,I know...there will be the excuse that they have a different censor...but you all follow the same rules, or are supposed to.

Sad to see bias and personal feelings trump fact and actual IN CHARACTER RP. Silly of me to assume that in a role playing game, people would be allowed to role play all aspects of their character and not just ones that don't insult the delicate sensibilities of an over zealous censor.

I will be forwarding this pm to Badger as I did with the post I made in the thread.

And to make it very clear, I will be standing by every word I have said so there will be no need to attempt to spout off more section whatever of the forum rules.... it's not like they are followed unless you want to enforce them anyhow.

Yay I got a letter
Back to top Go down
ahlia
Knight
ahlia

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Miller

PostSubject: Re: ~The RK Censors Thread~   ~The RK Censors Thread~ - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 8:25 pm

As someone who knew Endracne/Toisech closely for a while, he really is a fucking twit.

He does the english thing deliberately. And once he did change his preferred language so he could jump countries and get away with it... Which he did.

Endracne can spell, as highlighted by the time he revealed personal information about my fiancee on the forums during an IC political argument during the munster war.
Back to top Go down
Donnor
Knight
Donnor

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: ~The RK Censors Thread~   ~The RK Censors Thread~ - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 9:58 pm

I feel left out since I havent gotten any mails so I decided to be a bigger smart ass than before...

Donnor wrote:
Doesn't speak cat but continues to wait for the creature to step into his trap. After several moments he grows tired of wait and pulls a bow and arrow from behind him and fires an arrow at the creature in hopes of catching dinner for the night.

[hrp]This is just getting ridiculous, I found nothing wrong with the post by Dee and I tend to be rather hard on people who make fun of others for not having english as a first language. Are you seriously telling us that if we do not understand a person dialect we should just RP not understanding them? Kinda makes it hard for the person with the dialect to RP then wouldn't you agree? I guess we should just start ignoring anyone who writes with an accent now, they should learn to RP clearly I guess, to hell with wanting to be original I guess...[/hrp]
Back to top Go down
Trinity
Noble
Trinity

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~The RK Censors Thread~   ~The RK Censors Thread~ - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 10:05 pm

Olivershaggy wrote:
Maincoon-what a f u ck ing dumbass

You derail thread with ooc when Roxanne gets away with talking about giving head

Laughing

About choked laughing so hard Laughing
Back to top Go down
Donnor
Knight
Donnor

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: ~The RK Censors Thread~   ~The RK Censors Thread~ - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 11:00 pm

There ya go again Trin, Choking on Oliver...What did I tell you about that? Wink
Back to top Go down
Trinity
Noble
Trinity

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~The RK Censors Thread~   ~The RK Censors Thread~ - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 11:06 pm

Donnor wrote:
There ya go again Trin, Choking on Oliver...What did I tell you about that? Wink

Laughing /me facepalms. Swear if my brain wasn't always mush I'd remember to watch myself with you around hahaha
Back to top Go down
Toasti Jen
Noble
Toasti Jen

Character sheet
DDO character: Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: ~The RK Censors Thread~   ~The RK Censors Thread~ - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 12:47 am

Trinity wrote:
Olivershaggy wrote:
Maincoon-what a f u ck ing dumbass

You derail thread with ooc when Roxanne gets away with talking about giving head

Laughing

About choked laughing so hard Laughing

That weirdo has a point tho. Buffet Censorship--my favorite! Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Trinity
Noble
Trinity

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~The RK Censors Thread~   ~The RK Censors Thread~ - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 5:57 pm

Toasti LOL!
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger

PostSubject: Re: ~The RK Censors Thread~   ~The RK Censors Thread~ - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 12:56 am

moved here
Back to top Go down
http://www.nngo.biz
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ~The RK Censors Thread~   ~The RK Censors Thread~ - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

~The RK Censors Thread~
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3