Toasti Jen
Kerin_logan
Francesca.
Luffy1
Donnor
anto_capone
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Do you like the direction that RK is going as a game?
Yes
Renaissance Kingdoms Poll! Vote_lcap7%Renaissance Kingdoms Poll! Vote_rcap
 7% [ 3 ]
No
Renaissance Kingdoms Poll! Vote_lcap72%Renaissance Kingdoms Poll! Vote_rcap
 72% [ 31 ]
Not sure yet
Renaissance Kingdoms Poll! Vote_lcap14%Renaissance Kingdoms Poll! Vote_rcap
 14% [ 6 ]
Don't care/Don't play RK
Renaissance Kingdoms Poll! Vote_lcap7%Renaissance Kingdoms Poll! Vote_rcap
 7% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 43

AuthorMessage
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger
RK Profession: Blacksmith

Renaissance Kingdoms Poll! Empty
PostSubject: Renaissance Kingdoms Poll!   Renaissance Kingdoms Poll! EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 11:10 pm

Figured this would get more views here.

Anyway, a simple poll/thread about the new system! In the poll, you can change your vote later if you want (maybe something changes).

So, what do you all think about the new hourly based system?
Back to top Go down
http://www.nngo.biz
Donnor
Knight
Donnor

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: Renaissance Kingdoms Poll!   Renaissance Kingdoms Poll! EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 1:52 am

Dont like it, I log in sporadically and the fact that am always working even after reset pisses me off. Its an annoyance.
Back to top Go down
Luffy1
Squire
Luffy1

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Renaissance Kingdoms Poll!   Renaissance Kingdoms Poll! EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 3:31 am

no because my job only allows me to log in later in the day. so I have to wait up for the last days work to get done before i can work and if its too late i have to skip a days work. its crap. messing with my pirate dream!
Back to top Go down
Francesca.
Squire
Francesca.

PostSubject: Re: Renaissance Kingdoms Poll!   Renaissance Kingdoms Poll! EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 4:36 am

Ok, the game isnt one of those to develop a char fast...its a slow game. We are all used to the fact of one action a day as the limit. This change may be appealing to new players that want to grow fast and are willing to act like a slave depending on a clock. I dont!

I think there is a compromise: take the old system back, but instead of 1 reset in 24 hours, make it 2 resets in 24 hour so every 12 hours. It doubles your actions, so people can progress faster. At the same time people have a 12 hours timeframe to log in and take an action. In my opinion all mechanics can be used in the same way as before.
Back to top Go down
Kerin_logan
Commoner
Kerin_logan

PostSubject: Re: Renaissance Kingdoms Poll!   Renaissance Kingdoms Poll! EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 10:13 am

Not sure yet since the new system is in place there are no mines (LM) for me to muck with and try different hours etc etc

maybe one day ill be able to see just what everyone else is talking about. In a way im lucky reset time for me is 7pm so i can usually get on within the 2 hour mark to take a 22 hour field job or chop wood. then im able to self study just before reset happens.

just wish we had mines here.

But i can see why ppl are upset we do have life's to be had. For me im a stay at home mom so im usually around but now that spring is here ill be less and less at home

winter is ok being in Canada you stay home but spring summer ya get outside.
Back to top Go down
Toasti Jen
Noble
Toasti Jen

Character sheet
DDO character: Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: Renaissance Kingdoms Poll!   Renaissance Kingdoms Poll! EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 12:38 pm

I don't care for it.

My objections are these: the changes shift how the entire game is played. Now, I typically embrace change happily. But with an internet game, people are drawn to certain aspects (or turned away because something doesn't work for them). I have played this game longer than any other game in my life because the dynamics work for me (and clearly, they work for a lot of other people as well--lots of "old" players in RK).

To completely switch the game play is very shortsighted on the developers part. Change is good, it brings new blood to the game (and by blood I mean money). But changing the entire dynamic is how you clean house, get rid of old players and bring in new. Maybe that was their plan. Maybe us old players don't bring in enough cash. I dunno.

I just wish maybe they could have kept the old way while introducing the new way. I wish they considered what long time players actually want.

I am sure there are positives to the change (working and studying in one day). I am sure we will all be here a year from now, bitching about the next backwards "improvement" Celsius makes. Or maybe not. Who knows.
Back to top Go down
Trinity
Noble
Trinity

Character sheet
DDO character: Paladin
RK Profession: Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Renaissance Kingdoms Poll!   Renaissance Kingdoms Poll! EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 1:10 pm

Good deal Bossman! Very Happy

Voted, No. Surprised? lol

I can't stand it! I'm losing out big time! There's times, especially now, that I can only log in once a day and not at the same time everyday and I'm losing money/work etc. If it was slower before it sure as hell is creeping now lol. Grrr. Not to mention what they did to the mines our economy has gone and will go further into debt. It's all shit. Pisses me off.

edited to add:

Also! (cause you know i'm not done ranting lol) It's totally taken it way far from the origins of the game in the first place! It's suppose to be a role playing based game not some clicky cheap POS. WTH? already with other changes in the recent past the forums have took a major dump, other than from us and some other's I've come across which is very far and few between, it's just not note worthy anymore. I'd seen the admin had posted something along the lines that they were staying true to RK and what it was about...right, not sure what kinda drugs they were on when posting that but definitely farther from the 'ideal' image than they can apparently comprehend with their anti-give a shit attitudes.
Back to top Go down
Dee_Snider
Knight
Dee_Snider

Character sheet
DDO character: Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Renaissance Kingdoms Poll!   Renaissance Kingdoms Poll! EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 5:33 pm

Dee (the eternal optimist) sez:

Fuck this game in the ass sideways with an ungreased chilled left hand monkey wrench.

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Toasti Jen
Noble
Toasti Jen

Character sheet
DDO character: Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: Renaissance Kingdoms Poll!   Renaissance Kingdoms Poll! EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 6:36 pm

Amends dee's statement

**with hot chilli oil as lube
Back to top Go down
Bekah
Noble
Bekah

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Renaissance Kingdoms Poll!   Renaissance Kingdoms Poll! EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 8:34 pm

I hate it, but it doesn't mean that I am also not exploiting it. I can sit for hours at a stretch and clicky clicky (finally, an advantage to being physically disabled Razz) but also, I play other games that require that and they have far better mechanics and graphics than RK. If I have to choice to clicky RK or there, RK will lose. Right now, I am making good money on RK, but the fun side of it seems to be diminishing. For me, the appeal was always about the community and the creativity of the players. Now creativity isn't necessary any more.

I will stick with RK for now, but I am starting a program that I believe is going to vastly improve my health, and that will mean I will spend less time in front of the computer and more time being active again. When the time time comes to cull my online activity, RK, formerly last on the list, may well be the first to fall.
Back to top Go down
Lance
Knight
Lance

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Whiskey Distiller

PostSubject: Re: Renaissance Kingdoms Poll!   Renaissance Kingdoms Poll! EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 9:52 pm

No . . . but here's my dilemma . . .

I'd quit RK in a heart-beat to play another game with you all. The problem being, is that it would have to not take up a lot of time and would have to be not be graphic intense (like DDO is). Unfortunately, haven't been many games put forth that fit both those bills :/.
Back to top Go down
Tadhg o' Cleirgh
Commoner

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Renaissance Kingdoms Poll!   Renaissance Kingdoms Poll! EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 10:09 pm

Don't you mean clicky clicky being mentally disabled, Bekah? 'Cause I feel mentally disabled when I try that click click at all hours of the day.
Back to top Go down
Aidan
Noble
Aidan

Character sheet
DDO character: Fighter
RK Profession: None

PostSubject: Re: Renaissance Kingdoms Poll!   Renaissance Kingdoms Poll! EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 5:33 am

I don't mind the direction the game is going in.
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Renaissance Kingdoms Poll!   Renaissance Kingdoms Poll! EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 8:53 pm

Kinda surprised this poll didn't get more votes, one way or another. Slow week eh
Back to top Go down
Angeljoy25
Noble
Angeljoy25

Character sheet
DDO character: Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Renaissance Kingdoms Poll!   Renaissance Kingdoms Poll! EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 8:02 am

I'm surprised also. I wonder if people have just given up. But at least now the game can suck with pets and backgrounds? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Donnor
Knight
Donnor

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Renaissance Kingdoms Poll!   Renaissance Kingdoms Poll! EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 9:36 am

Angeljoy25 wrote:
I'm surprised also. I wonder if people have just given up. But at least now the game can suck with pets and backgrounds? Rolling Eyes

+1

Wonder what will be next? Hell, they might even bring it out of the renaissance era and add in robots that we can send off to war in place of CHARS... Neutral
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Renaissance Kingdoms Poll!   Renaissance Kingdoms Poll! EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 1:12 pm

Why do so many people on this forum say '+1' but don't actually give the +1? Razz

See that + and - symbols? Yes you can rate people's post..
Back to top Go down
Bekah
Noble
Bekah

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Renaissance Kingdoms Poll!   Renaissance Kingdoms Poll! EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 3:27 pm

more annoying, those who plus one and don't say so Razz
Back to top Go down
Terrasophia
Squire
Terrasophia

Character sheet
RK Profession: None

PostSubject: Re: Renaissance Kingdoms Poll!   Renaissance Kingdoms Poll! EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 4:33 pm

I've been avoiding the changes- sticking to the Uni for now.
Back to top Go down
Trinity
Noble
Trinity

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Renaissance Kingdoms Poll!   Renaissance Kingdoms Poll! EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 5:12 pm

Surprised it hasn't either but if anyone has been as busy as I have, can understand lol. Sorta. I mean, I've posted, considering. Haha.

I'm still pissed about the whole clicky shit. Each weekend now, since I can't get on at specific times, I've lost out huge. Then it's taken me the better part of the beginning of the week to get back on track only to be fucked again lol. I give up. They're a bunch of worthless bastards with too much time on their hands and only wanting to make a quick buck.
Back to top Go down
Donnor
Knight
Donnor

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Renaissance Kingdoms Poll!   Renaissance Kingdoms Poll! EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 7:13 pm

anto_capone wrote:
Why do so many people on this forum say '+1' but don't actually give the +1? Razz

lol it was early when I posted, must have forgotten to give the +
Back to top Go down
Kazimi
Citizen
Kazimi

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Baker

PostSubject: Re: Renaissance Kingdoms Poll!   Renaissance Kingdoms Poll! EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 12:21 am

It's nice to work and travel/study now on the same day and in fact be able to do more than before but in the end it will make the game lose more people than it actually benefits to some Sad
Back to top Go down
Trinity
Noble
Trinity

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Renaissance Kingdoms Poll!   Renaissance Kingdoms Poll! EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 11:16 am

Donnor wrote:
anto_capone wrote:

lol it was early when I posted, must have forgotten to give the +

Gosh Dondon! You're slacking! Razz and yet, here I sit with tons of coupons for a much needed grocery trip, and I've been on here lol. Ahem.

Yeah it's been hell for me Kaz.
Back to top Go down
Zukran
Commoner

PostSubject: Re: Renaissance Kingdoms Poll!   Renaissance Kingdoms Poll! EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 8:04 pm

Honestly, I have to go with 'no'. For me part of the 'fun' of the IG aspect was the simplicity to me only actually having to click about 5 buttons a day, and that'd be it. The rest of the time I could either spend in the Forums or Taverns, and if I wanted, I could simply spend 5 mins doing the basics, then logging out and that'd be it for the day. However with the changes I just don't bother anymore. Since the changes I have actually stopped working in any job, bar my field to keep my food supplies up, I just honestly don't have the time to log in every few hours to exploit the new system, and those who do just get an advantage over people who are unable, for whatever reason to spend time throughout the day doing that.

Furthermore, I have to agree with some of the prior posters, just with the direction the game is going in terms of the focus being about the graphics, and even with these 'updates' are shite in comparison to most games. In truth if I want a game which has got 'graphics' I will play something off a disc on a console or on my PC, when I think of high quality graphics, I don't go browser based RPG game. Yet with every update be it backgrounds, 1000 pound crows, Crowns that are limited to certain people, or outfits which don't actually provide any IG benefit at all. I just start to wonder what is the point, I mean really I have hit this stage where I either save up hundreds of pounds and do a Uni course, or I buy a orange colored hat, the development of the game is really limited now to 'new clothes' and apart from the Doctor and illness update there has been nothing drastic or interested to keep me hooked. In contrast other games I play constantly update every few weeks to a month with large changes on an IG aspect, which mean there is a reason to continue the IG Aspect.

Now RK to me is simply down to pure stubbornness. I have played for 4 years, if I quit now thats 4 years of my time, RPing, meeting people and what-not wasted. I am not playing this because I 'enjoy' the game or because I 'want to experience more in the game' but simply due to my own ego, and the fact there is a small community of people who I can RP and get along with...
So really my reasons to play have nothing to do with the actual IG interface, rather these forums, and the RPs I have going on in the RK forums...so again the direction in which RK is going I do not like it.

Maybe, just maybe it's my natural hatred towards social media, but with the desire for RK to become more 'facebooky' it is resulted in this increase in buy able objects, and graphical enhancements, which really are the sorta thing a lot of those facebook browser gamers get addicted too, and so to me it looks more and more like RK is appealing to an audience, which I am not part of. Fair enough, I understand that, your a business, and i'm a bloke who hasn't spend a pound on your game. I know your going to go after the stooges who want seven different colored hats, with their credit cards, and not me the person who's actually played through thick and thin.
I also have to believe the 24h system replaced with the choice time system is also an affect of Facebook, because I know from friends, and people who buy into that crap, that they also tend to work on the hourly, sometimes 15 minuitley scale, where people can pick their hours ect, ect, ect. When they browse FB they can easily just pick the next job, ect, ect,ect. So again, i'd point to this most recent update both in graphics, game features, and colorful RL money buyable objects simple consequences of the Facebook effect of RK.

Honestly, Character Wise and Game wise, the only reason I have left to play RK is for this, NNGO community. So you know what, my ego and stubbornness will prevail and I will continue to play this.

That being said my time and focus here is going to decline in favor of another game, which was the same way RK was a long while ago, and gets updates, and I can both enjoy the IG and RP/Community aspects, without having to wonder how they'll fuck up the game next month with the new 'big' update. However, i'll still be around and clicking *5 times a day at most* and will happily follow if another body is needed in a conflict or situation.
Back to top Go down
jaqk
Noble
jaqk

Character sheet
DDO character: Druid???

PostSubject: Re: Renaissance Kingdoms Poll!   Renaissance Kingdoms Poll! EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 12:04 am

This game has been dying and I don't oknw what keeps me going. The new hourly system is another bad idea that we are stuck with.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Renaissance Kingdoms Poll!   Renaissance Kingdoms Poll! Empty

Back to top Go down

Renaissance Kingdoms Poll!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next