Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet
DDO character: Paladin
RK Profession: Weaver

Elder Scrolls Online Beta - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Online Beta   Elder Scrolls Online Beta - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 6:48 am

So apparently there was a huge duping bug that has severely affected the economy...a bit like in DDO. It was reported during BETA by many people but nothing was done and suddenly they have recently disabled Guild Banks and have said that they will perma-ban any accounts that were found guilty.
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet
DDO character: Fighter
RK Profession: None

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Online Beta   Elder Scrolls Online Beta - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 6:04 pm

All true, except for it severely affecting the economy - doomsayers liking spreading that about but eh, not noticed that. Guild banks are back and working now, so it was just a day that the banks were disabled. Like most exploits though, I tend to hear about them after the event :p

There are many various bugs, but on the whole they seem to be dealing with them as they work through this first month live. I'm not finding them to affect me much, but I think things will generally get better. I started several new alts (due to my altoholic syndrome :p ) and I'm finding that the quests that were bugged in the lower levels have been fixed.  

The main obvious problem seems to be the gold sellers spamming zone chat and their bots which are farming out the bosses in the public dungeons. This is one thing they'll have to address soon, although its mainly in the chat at the lower levels - but given that this is where the new players are, it'll be a problem if people are put off by it.  

Again, doesn't really affect me as I tend to just have my guild chat turned on, and I'm perfectly happy farming out the bosses alongside the bots. As long as you get one hit in (easy enough), you complete the dungeon and get the boss loot :p

Some players are worried that the gold sellers will affect the economy, or that the duping bug would, but given that trade guilds are used rather than a ubiquitous auction house, it doesn't seem to be. Also there doesn't seem to be anything really to spend gold on, except horses - and the cheapest one can be reasonably saved up for in a week or so. Some players are trying to sell the racial motifs at a high price, but after buying one and then having it drop for me the next day, I'm just relying on swapping spare copies with guildies now. Very Happy Some players are also trying to sell vampire and werewolf bites at dumb prices, but eh, I'll get that free from the guild in time, or will just go quest to get bitten. Although not actually sure if I want to go vampire/werewolf yet.  

So the way the guilds and trading have been set up, there's not really a need for high amounts of gold to get the 'best' gear. As it is, crafting gets you the best gear rather than elusive equipment dropped as rewards from quests.

So yeah, teething probs, but on the whole not finding it affecting my game.  Which I'm still loving Very Happy Reached lvl 43 and am trying to slow down levelling to be honest as its going by too quickly! The mix of solo play and group play is really well balanced. And the difficulty level is again good. Some quests I skip through quick and easy, others are more challenging and some seem impossible at first attempt so I have to go away and think through different tactics, or group up to beat them.  

Very happy in my guild. We've a nice mix of hard core players (some have already reached veteran lvl 10), super casuals who are still in the first main area, and then the others like me who are making steady progress. There's usually about 20-30 online out of the 60 members at any one time during the day and evening.
Back to top Go down
Bellz
Knight
Bellz

Location : in a galexy far far away or Khyber... or stuck at work dreaming of Hawaii

Character sheet
DDO character: Cleric
RK Profession: Baker

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Online Beta   Elder Scrolls Online Beta - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 2:56 am

WW is a bit broken right now, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. The ultimate cost is too high, it seems to drain to nothing in a blink of an eye and the only way to level up in WW is to kill things in form (which you MAY get to do once a delve/quest)

For the most part, there hasn't been a bug that has been that horrible for me. I've been having a blast, have capped out alchemy (laughed like hell when I nearly killed Grevin with a bad potion) and in general love the game.

Graphics and detail are great, story line is so cool... totally in love with Raz, and Cadwell. And I have gotten lost just wandering after new shiney things Laughing

Not in any guild yet... really haven't seen the need to be in one? I run with Grevin 90% of the time and a couple of his friends. We all picked a crafting thing and went with it, so pretty well all bases are covered for me getting things I need.

Only thing I can say I hate about the game are the harvesters....*mutters and curses*
Back to top Go down
Darkness
Commoner
Darkness

Character sheet
DDO character: Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Online Beta   Elder Scrolls Online Beta - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 5:07 pm

Our dear little piker getting lost in a game.. who would have thought... Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
Bellz
Knight
Bellz

Location : in a galexy far far away or Khyber... or stuck at work dreaming of Hawaii

Character sheet
RK Profession: Baker

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Online Beta   Elder Scrolls Online Beta - Page 6 EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 4:55 pm

haha...hey I actually had to come SAVE Grev in one run... I felt so useful Laughing
Back to top Go down
ArcaneJill
Admin
ArcaneJill

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Online Beta   Elder Scrolls Online Beta - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 6:23 am

Kind of off topic since I'm not actually playing ES.. But would you guys like a separate forum section for this?
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet
DDO character: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Online Beta   Elder Scrolls Online Beta - Page 6 EmptyFri May 09, 2014 7:10 pm

Harvesters! Gah ... they're a freaking nightmare for my nightblade. Usually have to drop the melee for them and pick up my restoration staff to survive, although I'm getting better at interrupting their attacks and I'm starting to use an AOE dual wield attack to nix those pesky bubbles >.<

Reached VR1 and am starting to level up my templar. Things seem a lot easier with that class but I think that is partly down to quest knowledge and being more savvy with the combat now.

Really getting into the PvP but finding it a bit frustrating as my guild chose the most popular campaign, which means there are some lag/connectivity issues at peak times. My lil laptop is really being pushed to its limits and I probably need a better graphics card. No trouble with the PvE content though.

No need for a separate forum, Jill. Thanks for asking though. If you want to move this thread to the forum on other games, that's cool as I realise this is out of place in the DDO section. Up to you Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Online Beta   Elder Scrolls Online Beta - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Elder Scrolls Online Beta
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6