AuthorMessage
Trinity
Noble
Trinity

Character sheet
DDO character: Paladin
RK Profession: Butcher

[Idea] Role Play Game - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Idea] Role Play Game   [Idea] Role Play Game - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 11:24 pm

pretty sure i screwed up the die roll >.<
Back to top Go down
Bekah
Noble
Bekah

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Blacksmith

PostSubject: Re: [Idea] Role Play Game   [Idea] Role Play Game - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 11:54 pm

yups! You did lol. Not really, just you rolled two dice instead of one twice.
Back to top Go down
Trinity
Noble
Trinity

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: [Idea] Role Play Game   [Idea] Role Play Game - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 17, 2014 12:22 am

Bekah wrote:
yups!  You did lol.  Not really, just you rolled two dice instead of one twice.

That's what I figured when I looked at it after posting and all the others lol ugh! Thinking instead of rolling again just go with the roll that posted first?
Back to top Go down
Aidan
Noble
Aidan

Character sheet
DDO character: Fighter
RK Profession: None

PostSubject: Re: [Idea] Role Play Game   [Idea] Role Play Game - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 17, 2014 3:27 am

Bekah, I understand this is completely optional, but do you think it would be beneficial if the world we're in had a background? Whether it be a full on description or just a one/two line explanation?

EDIT:
Bekah wrote:
Half of the population are settlers; people who grow crops, trade and build strong walls for their cities.  The other half of the population are nomads, content to own only the things they can carry and scavenge from the land.

&
Bekah wrote:
The role play I suggest is to be set in a non specific time or place, but will be a low tech questy type world ( no space ships or lasers or stuff).

Question answered ^^

" Some things along the way will be made known only to the character alone, to be revealed or kept hidden as they see fit.  Be aware, just because you choose to hide something, it doesn't mean your secret may not be found out!"

Can you clarify this? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ritaa
Commoner

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: [Idea] Role Play Game   [Idea] Role Play Game - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 17, 2014 7:17 am

Gonna be a little slow as well >.< I will try to keep up but sorry in advance if I ever zone out! Uni and RL life being necessary evils and all Sad
Back to top Go down
Luffy1
Squire
Luffy1

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: [Idea] Role Play Game   [Idea] Role Play Game - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 17, 2014 7:37 am

I have a question on the winning conditions preez:

The winner:

Is the person who has enslaved everyone else

Just need some clarity. Because it seems like a team based game? or is it all solo? Reason I ask is because say six of my teamies and I all get 1 settler each and all the settlers are technically enslaved. What next? Do we have to fight our own nomads from this point on to enslave them all? There can only be one!

Disclaimer...imma make you all wear leather skimpy outfits!
Back to top Go down
Bekah
Noble
Bekah

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: [Idea] Role Play Game   [Idea] Role Play Game - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 17, 2014 10:13 am

Good question Luffy. In the unlikely scenario that the all the settlers roll over and play dead, then yes, it will become a free for all unless you all agree to co-operate in which case all can be declared joint winners Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
Luffy1
Squire
Luffy1

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: [Idea] Role Play Game   [Idea] Role Play Game - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 17, 2014 10:37 am

Aidann settler plebeian serf peasant is mine! MUWHAHA! It will be my life mission to DOMINATE YOU! MUWHAHAHAHA!  Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
Bekah
Noble
Bekah

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: [Idea] Role Play Game   [Idea] Role Play Game - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 10:35 am

Okay, I seem to have confused a few people and I am sorry about that.  

Sometimes things are really clear in my head, but then I fail to communicate them effectively.

Currently everyone who has expressed an interest in the RP has been sent a character sheet via PM.  I have done this so that you can post your own sheets and modify them yourselves instead of me modifying them each round.  

Nothing on those sheets so far has information that can't be available to everyone.  They are the base standard.

The RP part of the game is open now for everyone to establish where their characters are, remember this is a guided RP game, so you are free to mess about in this 'sandbox' as much as you like.  The guided part comes in with random events and the rules of engagement.

Luffy's post is a good example of establishing his character's setting and utilising the dice roll for the round.  Chyler's post is another good example of establishing the setting (love the alligators Very Happy).  

There can be more than one post per round, this will allow for greater interaction between characters and more free flow RP.

The dice rolls happen at the beginning of each round to let you use that random number to decide if you are going to explore, craft, attack, etc.  

Other dice rolls will come into play if you have a random encounter or engage in battle.  Don't worry if you are confused.  I will guide you all every single step of the way - I have to do all of the hard thinking, you guys are making the story Razz

So, for everyone who is still unsure as to what they need to do right now, all I need is for you to "arrive" in the thread (so make a post Very Happy).  Once everyone has done that, then I can move things along depending on how everyone has posted (see how I have to do the big thinking?  Razz)

Above all, I want this to be fun for everyone, so please don't get stressed out by the 'rules' I put them there as a guide, not as a 'do this or you are wrong'.

Hopefully this clears matters up, but if not, feel free to ask questions.  Knowing my luck, you will think of something I hadn't considered and will have me going 'mmmm good question' and thinking very fast behind the scenes Razz
Back to top Go down
kythera
Commoner
kythera

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: [Idea] Role Play Game   [Idea] Role Play Game - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 10:50 am

Sooo I'm confused how the dice roll/turn actions works. Like some people's special action seems to take 'one turn' and some take '3 action points' or something like that. So does mine take one full turn or just one point on the die? If I roll a 3, can I dig some traps and still do 2 other things, or is that it for the turn? And can I ONLY dig traps, or can I do other crafting/fortification thingies too? Is exploring 1 square per die point? Sorry I'm very dense Sad
Back to top Go down
Bekah
Noble
Bekah

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: [Idea] Role Play Game   [Idea] Role Play Game - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 11:23 am

not at all dense, those are excellent questions!

yes, some people's actions take longer, but also confer a correspondingly greater benefit.

Turns and action points (most likely me being tired and messing up there) are the same thing and are the equivalent of one number on the die.  So if you throw a 5, then you have 5 "points" that can be used however you see fit.  So you can use some to craft and some to explore.  

As of right now, you can only do your speciality, so digging traps is all that you can do.  But, everything that you can craft is also a tradeable item, so you can "sell" your traps to get a wall or a weapon.  As you progress you might also find scrolls that teach you a new skill.  

Exploring is one square for one point.  It works in such a way that say you are on square B10 and travel to D8.  You only actually 'explore' the square you land on and just travel through the other squares. So if there are any hidden traps or special events on the squares you bypass, you do not trigger them.  Only the square you finish your move on is considered "explored".

I hope that answers your questions, but if not, feel free to ask for more clarification Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ritaa
Commoner

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: [Idea] Role Play Game   [Idea] Role Play Game - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 1:45 pm

I rolled a six. Does that mean I can craft poisonous arrows and kill innocent animals with that six? How far can I move? *is having a slow week, sorry!*
Back to top Go down
Bekah
Noble
Bekah

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: [Idea] Role Play Game   [Idea] Role Play Game - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 4:48 pm

You can craft poison darts, one per number on the die and move whatever number is left.

Example: If you choose to craft 4 poison darts, you can also move two squares.

However, this round being the opening round has no movement (this is to allow to build up weapons, defences and establish trades if wanted).

As to innocent animals, you are free to do whatever you choose with your environment, it is your sandbox to play with as you wish.
Back to top Go down
Luffy1
Squire
Luffy1

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: [Idea] Role Play Game   [Idea] Role Play Game - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 5:44 pm

LOL I'm coming after you George! MUWHAHA! Mebbe >.>
Back to top Go down
Chyler
Citizen
Chyler

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Miller

PostSubject: Re: [Idea] Role Play Game   [Idea] Role Play Game - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 6:57 pm

Yes I rolled a six and I am confused on what to do from there  Shocked
Back to top Go down
Aidan
Noble
Aidan

Character sheet
DDO character: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: [Idea] Role Play Game   [Idea] Role Play Game - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 8:08 pm

Im assuming we can't craft anything except what has been pointed out that individuals can?
Back to top Go down
Bekah
Noble
Bekah

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: [Idea] Role Play Game   [Idea] Role Play Game - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 8:15 pm

Chyler, you can use this turn to craft (yours is build a wall) so you could build three walls with your dice roll and maybe trade with another settler for something they have crafted? It is assumed that you are able to send and receive "merchants" and that items you craft are tradeable (bit like flat pack furniture Razz) Its all about using this round to establish trade and for settlers to build some defences before the nomads are let loose to wreak havoc. Or not as the case may be.

Aidan, you can only craft your speciality but you can trade for items you desire.
Back to top Go down
Colonel_ives
Serf

PostSubject: Re: [Idea] Role Play Game   [Idea] Role Play Game - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 11:26 pm

I want in
Back to top Go down
Bekah
Noble
Bekah

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: [Idea] Role Play Game   [Idea] Role Play Game - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 6:20 pm

Yay Ives!  I've sent you a sheet, have fun.

Also, *gets out her whip and looks mean* not everyone who signed up has posted their sheets yet or posted in the RP.  This is nudge number one to you.  I normally don't nudge on RP's, but as this is a group RP, we do need to be able to move things along every now and then.  If you are not posting because something is unclear or confusing, then please let me know so I can sort things out.  I am going to give a few more days for a response, then I am going to move things along to the next round.  Anyone who hasn't posted by then, basically misses a turn, but can still take part Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bekah
Noble
Bekah

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: [Idea] Role Play Game   [Idea] Role Play Game - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 12:39 am

Oh dear. This is the response I expected at the beginning, not after all the hard work I put in Sad Not feeling the love here guys, did I mess up so badly that nobody wants to post any more?
Back to top Go down
Chyler
Citizen
Chyler

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Miller

PostSubject: Re: [Idea] Role Play Game   [Idea] Role Play Game - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 7:12 am

I will work on a post just trying to figure out what to post now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Toasti Jen
Noble
Toasti Jen

Character sheet
DDO character: Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: [Idea] Role Play Game   [Idea] Role Play Game - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 7:00 pm

Are we ready for round two? I was waiting. Razz
Back to top Go down
Bekah
Noble
Bekah

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: [Idea] Role Play Game   [Idea] Role Play Game - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 7:08 pm

I was trying to give time for everybody to post and then, well erm, I left it a couple of days longer than I expected (blame it on my volunteer work Razz)  But yes, I have posted up the end of round one results so everyone can fix up their sheets and I have set the new rules for round two and changed the map (you all have little people icons now:P)  I suppose I should be not lazy and mail everyone to let them know.
Back to top Go down
Trinity
Noble
Trinity

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: [Idea] Role Play Game   [Idea] Role Play Game - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 7:09 pm

I'm sorry I've not been into it like I said I would :/ just can't wrap my head around writing anything lately. Will make it a point to read everyone's stuff tho as it goes along ^^ maybe jump in at a later date?
Back to top Go down
Bekah
Noble
Bekah

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: [Idea] Role Play Game   [Idea] Role Play Game - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 7:36 pm

that's fine, just remember that each round without a dice roll is a missed turn.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Idea] Role Play Game   [Idea] Role Play Game - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

[Idea] Role Play Game
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next