AuthorMessage
Toasti Jen
Noble
Toasti Jen

Character sheet
DDO character: Barbarian
RK Profession: Blacksmith

Fucking Ireland - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fucking Ireland   Fucking Ireland - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 11:25 pm

As seen in the Crossings, Celtic Alliance Discussion thread:

Quote :
From what we have gathered, the ship sunk was making a trading run to Laighean. The people reported to have sunk it were a criminal organization known as the Riffs.

The council of An Mumhain has no problem with the riffs being sunk by anyone desiring to do so.

I bolded the part I found worthy of lawls. So many things to say.
1)that sounds familiar Rolling Eyes
2)Someone else sinking Riff for Munster...that sounds like a benefit of an alliance. An alliance they have thumbed their noses to.
3)If Munster wants them sunk, Munster should sink them.
4)Maybe I am interpreting it wrong and Munster doesn't WANT them sunk so much as they are giving others permission to sink them. How gracious.
Back to top Go down
Lordmatthew
Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Fucking Ireland   Fucking Ireland - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 11:38 pm

Who the fuck are the Riffs?
Unless they mean these riffs Laughing
Fucking Ireland - Page 3 Gramercyriffs
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet
DDO character: Fighter
RK Profession: None

PostSubject: Re: Fucking Ireland   Fucking Ireland - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 1:41 am

The Riffs are one of those groups of players who enjoy rping that the whole world is against them and therefore they be rebels. However as they started their rp lives with that premise rather than a story that developed from their experiences within RK has meant that it was very hard to take them seriously. Some of them have god-modded other characters through creating events referred to in their rps that never actually occurred. It's all a bit sad.

Their particular ooc grind is the use of clones. The irony that the criteria that these players use for defining clones can also be applied to a number within their very small band has passed them by. They seem particularly set against certain players in Ireland who have tried to share the game with their RL children since the change of rules last year that allowed players to share an internet connection. The Riffs players frown on this, apparently. Bad people wanting to play a game with their children!

Honestly, I sorta long for intelligently played bad guys for my character to hate. I've been toying with creating a lawful evil alt using the 'acceptable' face of cloning, just to try it out.
Back to top Go down
Daubigny
Knight
Daubigny

PostSubject: Re: Fucking Ireland   Fucking Ireland - Page 3 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 12:23 pm

Very one sided version of who they are Beth. And you seem to overlook the fact that no reasonable person believes that 50 people born in two spurts (one last july/aug and another last nov) who all ended up in Cork, were mostly vagrants and all work for Porcina as couriers are not really probably children of actual players.

I don't really care what the Mackenzies decide to do, I think Spring's experiment has shown cloning is a failure and I think PL has shown if you want to build a strong economy and retain people it's about working at it every day, but don't insult people with ideas like the Macs just have a lot of kids who signed up. You and I both know that is hooey.

I don't really see how a real "gamer" can think making alts is cool no matter what the rules.
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: Fucking Ireland   Fucking Ireland - Page 3 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 4:42 pm

Yeah, I know that Hephastion has to be Kragomir, because that was his name in Secfenia, and Wandress was one of the first to give it trust points. That's just one of many examples. Maybe Porcy started out with her kid registering, but I doubt that's where it ended.

And this isn't really the kind of game where friends are leaping at the chance to register. Maybe I'll get my sister to register one day, but for the most part, everyone I know knows just enough about RK to think, "Ewww, these people are stupid. Stop playing."

Razz
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger

PostSubject: Re: Fucking Ireland   Fucking Ireland - Page 3 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 5:13 pm

I got my brother to play RK once, for like a week.

I believe he called the game 'utterly stupid' Razz

Personally, I can't be bothered to have more than one account. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.nngo.biz
Toasti Jen
Noble
Toasti Jen

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Fucking Ireland   Fucking Ireland - Page 3 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 6:48 pm

I got my sister to play along with me back when we first started. I think she stuck around simply to appease me because as soon as I casually mentioned that I was thinking of quiting, *boom* she was dead. Laughing

And yea, I can't honestly think of a friend of mine that would play RK with me. I have told some writerly types who found the RP aspect mildly interesting but it still wasn't enough to lure them over.

Maybe RK self-selects? Shocked

Back to top Go down
Daubigny
Knight
Daubigny

PostSubject: Re: Fucking Ireland   Fucking Ireland - Page 3 EmptySat May 05, 2012 12:36 am

I own my own company, and I have a significant amount of money I can give away each year to rank and file employees as bonus. Over the years we have mixed these bonus with a some being performance based and some being fun based. I'm talking 300+ employees here. So a few years ago I offered $50 per employee if you joined Ireland RK and leveled up to level 1. If you sold your fields and moved to Pl you got $100 total.

Out of 300+ employees, 2 made it to level. None made it to Pl. From a lifetime of being an advocate for the game I have one friend, one, who plays. So don't tell me 50 people moved to Cork, out of the blue, after deciding to be vagrants, and there was no foul play. BS- I throw the big flag.
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Fucking Ireland   Fucking Ireland - Page 3 EmptySat May 05, 2012 4:57 pm

If 50 clone accounts moved to Cork who were born last july and last november, I certainly missed that memo. You only have to do a brief scout of lavabo to see that it isn't so. Honestly, staring at the lavabo page now and flipping through the accounts to check start dates. It doesnt take long to do ... Cork is not that highly populated. So 50 of them, and all working for Porcina's character, eh? All born in those two spurts? I can find 5 accounts born in november. 12 accounts for roughly july last year. In that 12 I can pick out a number who are related through sponsorship and other means to other players. And I can see the accounts of the kids in that batch too.

Look, I realise that a lot of the crap that's going on is being stirred up with these accusations of cloning and that to retract would make you look like an arse so I know you won't. But seriously ... its all there on paper, Daub. I know which ones are Paddy's and Porcies kids. I know one of them had a kiddy fit over being sunk and isn't playing anymore too lol.

50? Srsly? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Daubigny
Knight
Daubigny

PostSubject: Re: Fucking Ireland   Fucking Ireland - Page 3 EmptySat May 05, 2012 5:49 pm

Hephastion isn't a kid. That is Kragomir.
Cinder isn't a kid, and you know it.

I could go on and on.
Back to top Go down
Achilles_
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fucking Ireland   Fucking Ireland - Page 3 EmptyMon May 07, 2012 2:55 am

Ha, it's always ironic and hilarious when Munster people talk all this "vibrant community" crap on the forums.

Fact is, their vibrant community started around august-september last year, for good reason.
Back to top Go down
Daubigny
Knight
Daubigny

PostSubject: Re: Fucking Ireland   Fucking Ireland - Page 3 EmptyMon May 07, 2012 12:37 pm

to be fair, Beth is right I exaggerated I guess when I said 50.

We've kept lists and we have 31 that we are convinced are clones run by Macs in Cork.
That is not counting SlartyBartfast/NuadaSilverhand, who are the same person, or Fae's legion of Alts that travel with her and RP as different people. Two of which even have the same RP history in their profile. I don't count them because annoying as they are, they aren't part of the Mac plan to clone their way to significance.
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Fucking Ireland   Fucking Ireland - Page 3 EmptyWed May 09, 2012 3:45 pm

Daubigny wrote:
I own my own company, and I have a significant amount of money I can give away each year to rank and file employees as bonus. Over the years we have mixed these bonus with a some being performance based and some being fun based. I'm talking 300+ employees here. So a few years ago I offered $50 per employee if you joined Ireland RK and leveled up to level 1. If you sold your fields and moved to Pl you got $100 total.

Out of 300+ employees, 2 made it to level. None made it to Pl. From a lifetime of being an advocate for the game I have one friend, one, who plays. So don't tell me 50 people moved to Cork, out of the blue, after deciding to be vagrants, and there was no foul play. BS- I throw the big flag.

I giggled. I would have taken the incentive. Either they were unmotivated or RK is just a great demotivational website.
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Fucking Ireland   Fucking Ireland - Page 3 EmptyWed May 09, 2012 4:28 pm

Hey Daub. You hiring? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Oydelia
Squire
Oydelia

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Weaver

PostSubject: Re: Fucking Ireland   Fucking Ireland - Page 3 EmptyWed May 09, 2012 5:10 pm

Daubigny wrote:

would have been a real joke when they paid you the 100 as long as they do not have to play the game.
I can image that, one after the other knockin on your door: "please boss, I pay YOU the 100, but don't let me play that game."
Back to top Go down
Toasti Jen
Noble
Toasti Jen

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Fucking Ireland   Fucking Ireland - Page 3 EmptyWed May 09, 2012 5:40 pm

Oydelia wrote:
Daubigny wrote:

would have been a real joke when they paid you the 100 as long as they do not have to play the game.
I can image that, one after the other knockin on your door: "please boss, I pay YOU the 100, but don't let me play that game."

That is hilarious! I can just imagine: Boss, I will take a paycut, just don't make me log in to that game! Laughing

*scurries off to long into That Game* Yea, I am with Elois. You hiring??? I mean, we ARE logging in already, after all. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Daubigny
Knight
Daubigny

PostSubject: Re: Fucking Ireland   Fucking Ireland - Page 3 EmptyWed May 09, 2012 11:54 pm

Elois wrote:
Hey Daub. You hiring? Very Happy

for you always Cool
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Fucking Ireland   Fucking Ireland - Page 3 EmptyThu May 10, 2012 2:55 pm

I feel the love. Very Happy

Now, how do you like your coffee? Anything I can file for you? Anything I can schedule? Anyone you want me to take care of from 500 yards? I mean uh boss, anyone you need me to watch over? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Daubigny
Knight
Daubigny

PostSubject: Re: Fucking Ireland   Fucking Ireland - Page 3 EmptyThu May 10, 2012 3:20 pm

can you make a good cocktail? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Fucking Ireland   Fucking Ireland - Page 3 EmptyThu May 10, 2012 10:33 pm

*Googles*
Now I do. Just call me Pepper Potts. Cool
Back to top Go down
Daubigny
Knight
Daubigny

PostSubject: Re: Fucking Ireland   Fucking Ireland - Page 3 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 3:38 pm

Rawr!
Back to top Go down
Telcara
Squire
Telcara

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Fucking Ireland   Fucking Ireland - Page 3 EmptyWed May 16, 2012 8:18 am

lmfao... Laughing Just read this now... <3
Back to top Go down
Trinity
Noble
Trinity

Character sheet
DDO character: Paladin
RK Profession: Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Fucking Ireland   Fucking Ireland - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 1:43 pm

Fucking Ireland is right. Grrr.

WTF is wrong with people?

Fucking Ireland - Page 3 A-big-middle-finger-296x300
Back to top Go down
Aidan
Noble
Aidan

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Fucking Ireland   Fucking Ireland - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 25, 2015 6:32 am

Reading that last conversation is pretty funny Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dee_Snider
Knight
Dee_Snider

Character sheet
DDO character: Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Fucking Ireland   Fucking Ireland - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 25, 2015 5:55 pm

Trinity wrote:
Fucking Ireland is right. Grrr.

WTF is wrong with people?

Fucking Ireland - Page 3 A-big-middle-finger-296x300

+1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fucking Ireland   Fucking Ireland - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fucking Ireland
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3