Join us at our NEW forum: www.nngo.biz
All your Nachos are belong to us!
Join us at our NEW forum: www.nngo.biz
All your Nachos are belong to us!

~NNGO IZ SRS BSNS~

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» TORN
{Guide and Q&A} What I've learned about clerics...  EmptyMon Oct 29, 2018 3:03 pm by anto_capone

» Ridiculously rough draft ideas
{Guide and Q&A} What I've learned about clerics...  EmptyMon Jul 09, 2018 7:50 pm by James

» The Music Thread!
{Guide and Q&A} What I've learned about clerics...  EmptyThu Feb 08, 2018 1:19 pm by Trinity

» How's life treating ya?
{Guide and Q&A} What I've learned about clerics...  EmptyMon Feb 05, 2018 8:06 am by Trinity

» Games to Replace RK - Reviews
{Guide and Q&A} What I've learned about clerics...  EmptySat Dec 23, 2017 7:28 pm by Bekah

» Queen of Ireland
{Guide and Q&A} What I've learned about clerics...  EmptySat Dec 23, 2017 12:28 am by jaqk

» RPG Maker
{Guide and Q&A} What I've learned about clerics...  EmptySat Nov 18, 2017 9:52 pm by Trinity

» Fight of Ages
{Guide and Q&A} What I've learned about clerics...  EmptyFri Nov 17, 2017 8:43 pm by Trinity

» Access to NNGO Forums
{Guide and Q&A} What I've learned about clerics...  EmptySat Oct 28, 2017 2:28 pm by gonads

» Laugh of the day
{Guide and Q&A} What I've learned about clerics...  EmptySat Oct 21, 2017 9:40 pm by Bekah

Navigation
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 215 on Tue May 18, 2021 2:52 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Discord

{Guide and Q&A} What I've learned about clerics...

Go down 
+6
Dee_Snider
anto_capone
Bellz
Beth
Seldomseen
ArcaneJill
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ArcaneJill
Admin
ArcaneJill

Character sheet
DDO character: Cleric
RK Profession: None

{Guide and Q&A} What I've learned about clerics...  Empty
PostSubject: {Guide and Q&A} What I've learned about clerics...    {Guide and Q&A} What I've learned about clerics...  EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 4:09 am

So as I've gotten Jill to level 20 as my first toon, I've learned a lot about clericking on the way. I've ungimped her as much as her base stats will allow, but I am fully planning on TR'ing her when I'm ready (i.e. when I have another toon high enough to run high level stuff) so I can fix her! I've made a lot of mistakes along the way. So I'm going to post some stuff here about clerics, though some applies to all characters.

Basic reminders:

+Stat items do not stack! If you have a +1 wisdom ring and a +1 wisdom helmet... you still only have +1 wisdom Smile

All feats that need to be activated (like empower or extend spell) need to be in your hotbar to be turned on and off. They are not passive things.

Get the best +spell point item you can wear.

Stats:

Jill's suck lol. But I recommend:

Str - 10-12
Dex - 10-12
Con - NEVER A DUMP STAT - at LEAST 12.. 14 minimum if you have 32pt build
Int - dump stat, leave at 8
Wis - max this out to 18
Chr - 12-16

Why? Clerics suck at melee... Seriously. My lvl 8 pally does better damage than my level 20 cleric with divine power buff. And my level 20 cleric has 22 STR! Enough STR so you can maybe hit something once you have a good +STR item on is nice, but you shouldn't be spending a lot of time trying to hit things. Wisdom affects spell points and spell DC (how hard it is for enemies to resist spells). Charisma affects your turn undeads and the number of turn undeads you have (the more the better for Radiant Servant). Dex is for being able to get up after you're knocked down, it also improves your armor class.

Once you can wear them, get +6 items for STR, DEX, CON, WIS, and CHR (if you don't have space for all, skip DEX).

Enhancements:

Radiant Servant is the only Prestige Enhancement path available to clerics. It rocks. Saves a TON of spell points by using bursts and auras. The pre-req's are all listed here: Cleric Compendium listing under enhancements at lvl 6 (Radiant Servant I) and lvl 12 (Radiant Servant II).

Other than the pre-req enhancements for Radiant Servant...

Energy of the Zealot maxed
Wisdom II or III (depending on your base Wisdom - remember that you can add them as you level to even out!)
Charisma II or unyielding sovereignty (but recommend Charisma II - US has a really really long cooldown timer)
Divine Vitality maxed (you will be a arcane caster or your fellow healer's best friend)
Cleric Life Magic maxed - makes your heal spells more effective
Cleric Prayer of Life/Prayer of Incredible Life - makes your critical heals bigger and more often
Extra Turning - you'll want these for Radiant Servant and Divine Vitality

Not a class enhancement, but some kind of Toughness enhancement after you get the feat is good too for more HP.

Feats:

You'll need Empower Healing for Radiant Servant. The nice thing about it is that it also affects your Radiant Servant bursts and auras even though these don't use SP. So turn it on before you burst Smile

Must-haves:
Extend Spell
Mental Toughness
Improved Mental Toughness

Other recommended but not essential:
Toughness (take this later rather than early - better to have extra SP to heal yourself and others than a few extra HP).
Extra Turning

Equipment:

Get the best Devotion item you can wear (usually a shield). This will passively improve your heal spells as long as you are wearing/holding it. Improved Devotion IV is better to have than Superior Devotion I (because Superior Devotion I will only affect Cure Light Wounds +50% whereas Improved Devotion IV will affect all through Cure Critical Wounds +30%). Ultimately you want the best Superior Devotion item you can find, but at lower levels go for something that will bonus the spells you usually use.

Fortification... Heavy Fort is best but Light Fort is better than nothing. By the time you're level 15 or so make sure you have something with Heavy Fort though.

The Girdle of Faith is awesome for mid-level clerics. I still wear mine in fact, as I don't have a healing lore item to replace it yet (will be replaced with the Lorrikk's set). It drops in the Dreams of Insanity quest or you can pick one up on the AH (don't know how much they are though right now).

Full Plate. You want the best protection you can get, and no one expects a cleric to be an acrobat. Most clerics suck at jumping and swimming and this is well known so no one will give you crap - they're more likely to pass you a jump pot! I wore Gleaming Adamantine until I got my Dragontouched Armor. They're quite pricey though. Drops in Tempest Spine. Wear the best Full Plate you can find though. The spell failure only applies to Arcane spells and all cleric spells are Divine.

Get a good concentration item as well. You don't want to be unable to heal yourself or the melee who might be able to aggro mobs off you because you keep failing to cast whenever you're hit.

Play style:

Ok... Here you have to find what works for you. A lot of clerics gripe about them being looked on as just a healer, that they want some of the action too... Well if you want to be a melee cleric, make a paladin Very Happy Better melee and no one will expect you to heal.

Warforged are SP drains.. they heal for half that fleshies do. WF Sorcs/Wiz's are fully capable of healing themselves with wands so heal them last or only if they're surrounded and too busy to heal themselves.

Basic order though... Heal the melees starting with whoever's bar is lowest. Heal the casters. Then raise anyone who's dead (once you have Raise Dead) if you're not actively healing. If the group isn't too heal-intensive (not getting hit too hard or there's a lot of shrines to replace SP) then throw in some offensive spells - Searing Light, Harm (on living enemies) or Cure (on undead). But as a cleric, you are expected to heal.. that's why clerics are there. Don't waste all your SP trying to kill the boss. Blade Barrier is a great spell for some mass damage, but don't throw them up constantly - only when there are a bunch of enemies.

Clerics also have some of the best buffs in the game. Keep them loaded up - you and others will want them!

I am still learning Smile But if anyone has any questions let me know and I'll see if I can answer them. Also, anyone who wants to make a guide here for other classes, I think it would be really nice.

Back to top Go down
Seldomseen
Knight

Character sheet
RK Profession: Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: {Guide and Q&A} What I've learned about clerics...    {Guide and Q&A} What I've learned about clerics...  EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 7:58 am

This will be helpful with my cleric in the static group, I started making a character sheet that I can go back and tweek now.
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet
DDO character: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: {Guide and Q&A} What I've learned about clerics...    {Guide and Q&A} What I've learned about clerics...  EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 10:21 am

Nice =) The main thing I'm trying to learn at the moment is to not over heal, and when to turn the metamagics on and off. I recently got Quicken for eelliz which is great for healing in the middle of a melee, but oops, then I forget to turn it off when topping people up in between fights, or rebuffing. *grins*

A note on using soundburst at lower levels - since update 7 you now have to hard target a mob for it to work, otherwise you end up using SP to no effect.
Back to top Go down
Seldomseen
Knight

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: {Guide and Q&A} What I've learned about clerics...    {Guide and Q&A} What I've learned about clerics...  EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 10:35 am

Well I used the char gen up to level 7 (only bec ause I will probably change my mind before then)

Some reasons for my choices, DV i know how important it can be to casters and other healers so naturally you need to take the extra undead turns to give more dv out.
Low str I dont plan on doing much melee.

I put no equipment on and only the +2 tomes at level 7, as I dont know what equipment i might be alble to find.

If you think there are tweaks let me know before i make him:

Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 3.7.2
DDO Character Planner Home Page

Level 7 Lawful Good Human Male
(7 Cleric)
Hit Points: 90
Spell Points: 537

BAB: 5/5/10
Fortitude: 7
Reflex: 3
Will: 12

Starting Feat/Enhancement
Abilities Base Stats Modified Stats
(28 Point) (Level 1) (Level 7)
Strength 8 10
Dexterity 10 12
Constitution 12 14
Intelligence 8 10
Wisdom 18 24
Charisma 14 17

Tomes Used
+2 Tome of Strength used at level 7
+2 Tome of Dexterity used at level 7
+2 Tome of Constitution used at level 7
+2 Tome of Intelligence used at level 7
+2 Tome of Wisdom used at level 7
+2 Tome of Charisma used at level 7

Base Skills Modified Skills
Skills (Level 1) (Level 7)
Balance 1 4
Bluff 2 3
Concentration 3 6
Diplomacy 2 3
Disable Device n/a n/a
Haggle 2 3
Heal 8 18
Hide 0 1
Intimidate 2 3
Jump -1 0
Listen 4 7
Move Silently 0 1
Open Lock n/a n/a
Perform n/a n/a
Repair -1 0
Search -1 0
Spot 4 7
Swim -1 0
Tumble n/a n/a
Use Magic Device n/a n/a

Level 1 (Cleric)
Feat: (Human Bonus) Improved Turning
Feat: (Selected) Mental Toughness
Enhancement: Cleric Life Magic I
Enhancement: Cleric Energy of the Zealot I
Enhancement: Cleric Divine Vitality I
Enhancement: Cleric Extra Turning I

Level 2 (Cleric)
Enhancement: Cleric Wisdom I
Enhancement: Cleric Divine Cleansing I

Level 3 (Cleric)
Feat: (Selected) Extra Turning
Enhancement: Improved Heal I
Enhancement: Cleric Prayer of Life I
Enhancement: Cleric Wand and Scroll Mastery I

Level 4 (Cleric)
Enhancement: Cleric Life Magic II
Enhancement: Cleric Charisma I
Enhancement: Cleric Extra Turning II

Level 5 (Cleric)
Enhancement: Human Adaptability Wisdom I
Enhancement: Cleric Energy of the Zealot II

Level 6 (Cleric)
Feat: (Selected) Improved Mental Toughness
Enhancement: Cleric Wisdom II

Level 7 (Cleric)
Enhancement: Cleric Divine Vitality II

Back to top Go down
ArcaneJill
Admin
ArcaneJill

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: {Guide and Q&A} What I've learned about clerics...    {Guide and Q&A} What I've learned about clerics...  EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 7:08 pm

Beth - I don't have Quicken on my cleric and I'm not planning on taking it on my TR, but that's a personal preference. I concentrate on getting my Cure spells as effective as possible (my Cure Light does about 40-50 on a non-critical cast). When I have to do mass heals, I go back and forth between Cure Critical Mass and Cure Serious Mass so usually by the time I need the other again the cooldown timer is done.

Seldom - This is my TR build through lvl 7. Ignore the stats - you won't have 34 points to work with. Also ignore the tomes - I haven't decided what I'm going to eat yet though I know I'll need an odd number on constitution by the end (either +3 or +1).

This ends up with the same number of HP and 22 fewer SP than your build. However, you will save 100s of SP by being able to use Radiant Burst instead of a Cure spell. Personally, I don't bother with Improved Turning on a cleric (maybe on a Paladin) because I don't use the turns usually for actual turning. I used them for DV's and RS. But it is entirely possible to have both DV II and RS I by level 7. I must say, you got it pretty good though!

Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 3.7.1
DDO Character Planner Home Page

Jill TR'd
Level 7 Lawful Good Human Female
(7 Cleric)
Hit Points: 90
Spell Points: 505
BAB: 5\5\10
Fortitude: 7
Reflex: 3
Will: 10

Abilities Base Stats Modified Stats
(34 Point) (Level 1) (Level 7)

Strength 10 10
Dexterity 12 12
Constitution 14 14
Intelligence 8 8
Wisdom 18 21
Charisma 14 15

Tomes Used
+1 Tome of Constitution used at level 20

Base Skills Modified Skills
Skills (Level 1) (Level 7)

Balance 1 1
Bluff 2 2
Concentration 6 13
Diplomacy 2 8
Disable Device n/a n/a
Haggle 2 2
Heal 4 7
Hide 1 1
Intimidate 2 2
Jump 1 1
Listen 4 5
Move Silently 1 1
Open Lock n/a n/a
Perform n/a n/a
Repair -1 -1
Search -1 -1
Spot 5 6
Swim 0 0
Tumble n/a n/a
Use Magic Device n/a n/a

Level 1 (Cleric)
Feat: (Selected) Empower Healing Spell
Feat: (Human Bonus) Mental Toughness
Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Cleric
Enhancement: Cleric Life Magic I
Enhancement: Cleric Energy of the Zealot I
Enhancement: Cleric Divine Vitality I
Enhancement: Cleric Extra Turning I

Level 2 (Cleric)
Enhancement: Improved Heal I
Enhancement: Cleric Wisdom I

Level 3 (Cleric)
Feat: (Selected) Extend Spell
Enhancement: Improved Concentration I
Enhancement: Cleric Prayer of Life I
Enhancement: Cleric Wand and Scroll Mastery I

Level 4 (Cleric)
Enhancement: Cleric Life Magic II
Enhancement: Cleric Charisma I
Enhancement: Cleric Extra Turning II

Level 5 (Cleric)
Enhancement: Improved Heal II
Enhancement: Cleric Improved Turning I

Level 6 (Cleric)
Feat: (Selected) Improved Mental Toughness
Enhancement: Cleric Radiant Servant I
Enhancement: Human Adaptability Wisdom I

Level 7 (Cleric)
Enhancement: Cleric Energy of the Zealot II
Enhancement: Cleric Divine Vitality II

Back to top Go down
Seldomseen
Knight

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: {Guide and Q&A} What I've learned about clerics...    {Guide and Q&A} What I've learned about clerics...  EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 8:22 am

Thanks Jill, I dont remember seeing radiant servant as an enhancement ill have to go back and look, and after thinking about it the improved turning probably should be switch to empower healing.
Back to top Go down
ArcaneJill
Admin
ArcaneJill

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: {Guide and Q&A} What I've learned about clerics...    {Guide and Q&A} What I've learned about clerics...  EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 2:31 pm

The Empower Healing is a pre-requisite for Radiant Servant so that's why it didn't pop up Wink

Edited to note: The Improved Turning I enhancement is also a pre-req for RS, the only reason I took it.
Back to top Go down
Bellz
Knight
Bellz

Location : in a galexy far far away or Khyber... or stuck at work dreaming of Hawaii

Character sheet
RK Profession: Baker

PostSubject: Re: {Guide and Q&A} What I've learned about clerics...    {Guide and Q&A} What I've learned about clerics...  EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 4:03 pm

Carita is my cleric and level 14 now. I'm still one of those ones who will play with things, just because I like being different Razz

I did choose to take two levels of sorc. I did it for healing the wf I ran with, and the extra sp is a huge bonus really

Str 10
Dex 10
Con 20
Int 16
Wis 22
Char 27

She has empower healing, quicken and extend as well as both levels of radiant servant. She can do dv's as well, 12 turns of undead and they to regen on her now.

Right now with her minos helm shes at 234 hp and has 1178 sp.

I know that the 2 sorc levels make me a bit lower with a few of the cleric spells, but I rather like the added sp, and the ability to cast jump on myself... this drow can't jump Laughing
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger
RK Profession: Blacksmith

PostSubject: Re: {Guide and Q&A} What I've learned about clerics...    {Guide and Q&A} What I've learned about clerics...  EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 2:04 am

2 sorc levels tho means you wont get your level 9 spells. is an interesting build tho Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.nngo.biz
Dee_Snider
Knight
Dee_Snider

Character sheet
DDO character: Wizard

PostSubject: Re: {Guide and Q&A} What I've learned about clerics...    {Guide and Q&A} What I've learned about clerics...  EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 6:14 pm

I'll keep you posted on the development of my new favored soul.

He's only level 4, so hard to judge at this point.

However, I rolled him to be a dedicated healer, so we'll see how that goes... Wink
Back to top Go down
Dee_Snider
Knight
Dee_Snider

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: {Guide and Q&A} What I've learned about clerics...    {Guide and Q&A} What I've learned about clerics...  EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 11:52 am

Now at level 8 - still no mass heals (soon though) but my FVS Docktorluv is starting to shine.

I feel he is worthy enough to invest in a +2 supreme tome and huge collectibles bag for, if that says anything. Very Happy

He was called "gimped" by someone at level 5 in the Chronoscope, which sort of pissed me off (until that person died). Laughing

So far, so good - will keep you posted...
Back to top Go down
Bellz
Knight
Bellz

Location : in a galexy far far away or Khyber... or stuck at work dreaming of Hawaii

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: {Guide and Q&A} What I've learned about clerics...    {Guide and Q&A} What I've learned about clerics...  EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 12:35 pm

I did get the spells Anto, just only 3 I think, and I'd miss out on the capstone thing at 20. I did use that heart I pulled on her, and she now has 1 sorc level... having learned a wee bit about clerics between when I made her and that I managed to actually improve her sp and get her a few more hit points. At lvl 18 she has 300hp and just over 1800 sp

Dee do FS get mass heal that much earlier then clerics? I just got it when I hit lvl 18
Back to top Go down
ArcaneJill
Admin
ArcaneJill

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: {Guide and Q&A} What I've learned about clerics...    {Guide and Q&A} What I've learned about clerics...  EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 2:53 pm

I think he means mass heals (mass cures) rather than mass Heal. I do the same thing.. there's a big difference between "HJEEL MEEEEEE!" and "can I get a Heal?" Second usually means some kind of fatigue/exhaustion/etc that the person needs to get rid of.
Back to top Go down
Dee_Snider
Knight
Dee_Snider

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: {Guide and Q&A} What I've learned about clerics...    {Guide and Q&A} What I've learned about clerics...  EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 4:11 pm

Yeah - mass cure light wounds is the first one I'll get at level 10 (I could probably scroll it already with a percentage of failure but haven't looked into it yet).

And I hear you about heals - my first experience was just the other day with some cretin in the Chronoscope (a squishy bard with room temperature HPs). Laughing

This mentally-challenged bard walked out from safety into the open immediately after we announced we'll all buff in the Phoenix tavern before going into the bank to take on the boss.

Standing outside the bank (alone) waiting for everyone to get there, he died after 3 bearded devils jumped him (he died 5 times total during the raid and cost us all XP) and then screamed "WHERE WERE THE HEALS??!!!" along with "REZ ME!!!"

Needless to say he didn't make too many friends, especially with me and the other healers.

I can tell this is going to be an interesting ride to 20 (and good practice for the sarcastic remarks to ignorant/rude squishies).

LaughingLaughingLaughing
Back to top Go down
Bellz
Knight
Bellz

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: {Guide and Q&A} What I've learned about clerics...    {Guide and Q&A} What I've learned about clerics...  EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 5:15 pm

I had a WF fighter last night in shroud that was a total mana sponge, me and another cleric wasted so much trying to keep his wooden butt up.

I'm finding that with having Cari, I am fairly critical of others healing abilities now...and get quite testy when esp in raids there are other healers not pulling their weight.

In that same shroud run, there were 3 healers, in pt 5 another healer and I ran out of sp trying to heal everyone and mana sponge... the other healer did fuck all... his bar never moved, we had 2 people die and thankfully the dps to finish harry off before a wipe happened. He just refused to do anything... ya, he's gonna go on the DNG list... there is no excuse for that.

And Dee, just put in your bio what I did... I have in there, zergers receive no heals, I won't run around after you if you decide to go off on your own... and the best cuz I hate those fecking anon invites... If you invite me without asking first, I may join just to watch you all die ...ya, I get a wee bit bitchy sometimes Razz
Back to top Go down
Dee_Snider
Knight
Dee_Snider

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: {Guide and Q&A} What I've learned about clerics...    {Guide and Q&A} What I've learned about clerics...  EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 2:14 pm

Been a little slow going on my FVS - trying to perfect my other toons' DT armor (what an uphill battle that is - hehe).

However, thanks to Anto and Jill for dragging the Doktor out on New Year's Eve - he needed to get out of the house. Laughing
Back to top Go down
ArcaneJill
Admin
ArcaneJill

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: {Guide and Q&A} What I've learned about clerics...    {Guide and Q&A} What I've learned about clerics...  EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 2:39 pm

Thanks for coming out Dee Smile Was late and you definitely helped us finish our run.
Back to top Go down
Bellz
Knight
Bellz

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: {Guide and Q&A} What I've learned about clerics...    {Guide and Q&A} What I've learned about clerics...  EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 5:44 pm

Cari is lvl 20 now =) and I rolled a FS, she's the new one in the guild... Meelove we'll see how it goes with her

Cari now has over 2200 sp, and her gs goggles aren't finished yet... I'm hoping to have her up to at least 2300sp in the end. She has over 330 hp now too, so no longer a squishy healer =)
Back to top Go down
Seldomseen
Knight

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: {Guide and Q&A} What I've learned about clerics...    {Guide and Q&A} What I've learned about clerics...  EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 1:37 pm

Do drow make good clerics? I am about 250 points from vet status, and was thinging about making a drow cleric, any thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Tod_Whitesnow
Squire
Tod_Whitesnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: {Guide and Q&A} What I've learned about clerics...    {Guide and Q&A} What I've learned about clerics...  EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 1:48 pm

They make good Sorc's with the High Chars.

a FS is a mix of Char and Wis. But as a FS there is a special Drow line you can follow

Maybe the Guild could do with another thief
Back to top Go down
Dee_Snider
Knight
Dee_Snider

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: {Guide and Q&A} What I've learned about clerics...    {Guide and Q&A} What I've learned about clerics...  EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 3:27 pm

Level 12 quick update on Doktorluv:

Well, the evoker finally awoke in the Dok in the form of Blade Barrier (BB), a level 12 FVS spell.

I have a +2 spell penetration scepter in one hand and a Greater potency VI in the other hand (Superior potency VI at level 14).

I also have all 3 FVS spell pen enhancements (+3 additional spell pen), the FVS evocation feat (+1 to DC for enemies to resist) and evocation bracers (+1 additional to DC).

My BB's are empowered, maximized, and extended for optimal damage.

What does this mean?

It means everything gets ground to hamburger at 250 HP damage a tick kiting mobs through the BB (nothing survives - bosses may take an extra run through, but they die nonetheless).

I soloed two desert quests at level last night and farmed the Shadow Crypt (Necro 2 - barf) with a WF arcane caster on elite for 100,000 xp lol.

On the healing side of things - just got the heal spell - what a nice addition - costs less than cure moderate and one click and I have all my HP back.

Also, cure light mass isn't too bad either with all the healing enhancements.

SPs are very generous for FVS - I have over 1400 SP at level 13 - plenty. Wink

Will keep you posted - for now I'm having a blast! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Grace
Mummy Bait
Grace

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: {Guide and Q&A} What I've learned about clerics...    {Guide and Q&A} What I've learned about clerics...  EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 4:32 pm

The increased charisma on the drow will give a cleric more turn undeads. Jill is really the person to quiz on clerics, though (you can thank me later for sending everyone your way, Jill Razz).
Back to top Go down
Bellz
Knight
Bellz

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: {Guide and Q&A} What I've learned about clerics...    {Guide and Q&A} What I've learned about clerics...  EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 5:41 pm

both cari and meelove are drow healers... I've had no problems with them in anything yet
Back to top Go down
ArcaneJill
Admin
ArcaneJill

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: {Guide and Q&A} What I've learned about clerics...    {Guide and Q&A} What I've learned about clerics...  EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 1:45 am

Going to TR Jill as a human I think (she's an elf right now) for the extra feat... Or might keep her as an elf for the granted weapon proficiencies. I wouldn't TR her as a drow simply because I don't think you get your full 34 points as a drow TR. But yeah, charisma doesn't hurt a cleric. It's not a stat you want to max, but it's nice to have extra turn undeads.

Bella, you either have your 2300 SP from your level of sorc or the fact that you probably didn't screw up your stats as badly as I screwed up mine when I made Jill Laughing I have over 2K and I'll have about 2150 when I finish my GS.
Back to top Go down
Tod_Whitesnow
Squire
Tod_Whitesnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: {Guide and Q&A} What I've learned about clerics...    {Guide and Q&A} What I've learned about clerics...  EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 5:33 am

Thanks Dr, I was about to mail you what to take as I got Ubleed to Lv7 today.

I have taken none of the Spell Pen stuff as I was concenrating on heals.

I have 680 Sp at Lv7 with out ship buffing and holding any goodies that give me extra.

I took a skill in Slashing weapons but I may have to see Fred and remove it for the Maximise or extend spells feats.

Also thanks heaps for the cash to get a few goodies I will be following in your footsteps soon.

Be nice to see a double BB of doom.

Tod
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: {Guide and Q&A} What I've learned about clerics...    {Guide and Q&A} What I've learned about clerics...  Empty

Back to top Go down

{Guide and Q&A} What I've learned about clerics...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next