Join us at our NEW forum: www.nngo.biz
All your Nachos are belong to us!
Join us at our NEW forum: www.nngo.biz
All your Nachos are belong to us!

~NNGO IZ SRS BSNS~

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» TORN
Games to Replace RK - Reviews - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2018 3:03 pm by anto_capone

» Ridiculously rough draft ideas
Games to Replace RK - Reviews - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2018 7:50 pm by James

» The Music Thread!
Games to Replace RK - Reviews - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 08, 2018 1:19 pm by Trinity

» How's life treating ya?
Games to Replace RK - Reviews - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 05, 2018 8:06 am by Trinity

» Games to Replace RK - Reviews
Games to Replace RK - Reviews - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 23, 2017 7:28 pm by Bekah

» Queen of Ireland
Games to Replace RK - Reviews - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 23, 2017 12:28 am by jaqk

» RPG Maker
Games to Replace RK - Reviews - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 18, 2017 9:52 pm by Trinity

» Fight of Ages
Games to Replace RK - Reviews - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 17, 2017 8:43 pm by Trinity

» Access to NNGO Forums
Games to Replace RK - Reviews - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 28, 2017 2:28 pm by gonads

» Laugh of the day
Games to Replace RK - Reviews - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 21, 2017 9:40 pm by Bekah

Navigation
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 215 on Tue May 18, 2021 2:52 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Discord

Games to Replace RK - Reviews

Go down 
+24
Toasti Jen
The Dark Knight
ArcaneJill
Rareit
Beth
Zogdor
Terrasophia
Diragon
Neptunuk
TheMightyTrooper
James
Selyna
viery
Francesca.
Silenus
Minority01
Bekah
Achilles_
Aidan
Dee_Snider
HELGENATOR
ahlia
Trinity
anto_capone
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Achilles_
Admin

Games to Replace RK - Reviews - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Games to Replace RK - Reviews   Games to Replace RK - Reviews - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 4:05 pm

Here's a description I found:

Quote :
The most dynamic and immersive MMO to date, Chronicles of Elyria is the first MMORPG where your character ages and dies, encouraging you to think beyond your character to their role in a larger story.

Fearless in its design, it embraces a character's ability to impact other characters. A closed economy, finite resources, non-repeatable quests, and a fully destructible environment means the world is experienced differently for every character. Each time you log in there is something for you to participate in. Local, regional, and national conflicts are continuously unfolding, giving birth to repeated opportunities for you to change the course of history.

Enter the world as a member of a player-run family, then work your way up from a humble adventurer to a landed vassal, develop your dynasty, and work your way to King. Not interested in running a kingdom? The fully skill-based system and lack of classes means you're rewarded with the ability to create the exact character you want to.

Will you follow a path of virtue... or something darker?

A closed-economy? finite resources? destructible environment? Sounds too good to be true lol.
Back to top Go down
Silenus
Citizen
Silenus

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: Games to Replace RK - Reviews   Games to Replace RK - Reviews - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 7:41 pm

Quote :
Chronicles of Elyria hits 25k Community Members!
By Caspian
Earlier today one of our community members, Rahunei, posted an informational post on imgur.com that quickly went viral. As of this announcement, we've received roughly 2,000 new accounts in one day as a result of his post and loads more publicity in addition to that. His imgur.com post has received over 10,000 points and over 150,000 views! From those of us at Soulbound Studios to Rahunei: "Thank you!"

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/
Back to top Go down
James
Squire

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Games to Replace RK - Reviews   Games to Replace RK - Reviews - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 9:38 pm

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/ wrote:

No exact price has been set, but we anticipate it will be on par with the retail cost of other PC games. Lives will be roughly the cost of a game expansion - between $20 and $40 USD.

As for the souls, it seems when you die in game, like in combat, your soul is separated from your body and you need to find your way back. Every time you die though it weakens your soul, which shortens your total lifetime. Once that is up you need to buy another life.
Back to top Go down
Bekah
Noble
Bekah

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Blacksmith

PostSubject: Re: Games to Replace RK - Reviews   Games to Replace RK - Reviews - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 10:36 pm

Sounds wonderful, but not something that I can afford.
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger

PostSubject: Re: Games to Replace RK - Reviews   Games to Replace RK - Reviews - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 10:47 pm

Bekah wrote:
Sounds wonderful, but not something that I can afford.

If this turns out to be 'the' game we all end up jumping on, we will crowd fund those that cannot afford ^^
Back to top Go down
http://www.nngo.biz
TheMightyTrooper
Commoner
TheMightyTrooper

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: None

PostSubject: Re: Games to Replace RK - Reviews   Games to Replace RK - Reviews - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 21, 2016 6:26 am

Bekah wrote:
Or we could play this:  http://freeronin.com/gr_files/SiF_Fastplay.pdf

I haven't been checking these forums much so only just saw this. If anyone is interested, the WoS actually play this every Saturday. Anyone that would want to play it with us should be welcome. We're still early into the campaign too.

Last edited by TheMightyTrooper on Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:27 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo needed fixing)
Back to top Go down
Silenus
Citizen
Silenus

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Games to Replace RK - Reviews   Games to Replace RK - Reviews - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 21, 2016 1:25 pm

TheMightyTrooper wrote:
Bekah wrote:

I haven't been checking these forums much so only just saw this. If anyone is interested, the WoS actually play this every Saturday. Anyone that would want to play it with us should be welcome. We're still early into the campaign too.

the PDF looks like a rulesbook for a tabletop game - I assume thats not what you're playing on saturdays ... so where do you play?
Back to top Go down
TheMightyTrooper
Commoner
TheMightyTrooper

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Games to Replace RK - Reviews   Games to Replace RK - Reviews - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 21, 2016 9:03 pm

Roll20+teamspeak Razz
Back to top Go down
Minority01
Commoner
Minority01

Character sheet
DDO character: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Games to Replace RK - Reviews   Games to Replace RK - Reviews - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 3:30 am

TheMightyTrooper wrote:
Roll20+teamspeak Razz
Classic combo.
Back to top Go down
Achilles_
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Games to Replace RK - Reviews   Games to Replace RK - Reviews - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 3:46 pm

So I stumbled upon this game:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mmitchum/brunelleschi-age-of-architects/description

It's a city builder social RPG which seems to have a lot of the stuff from RK that we love. It's in open beta but is launching soon apparently. I signed up to see what it has to offer, but the kickstarter description sounds promising.
Back to top Go down
Bekah
Noble
Bekah

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Games to Replace RK - Reviews   Games to Replace RK - Reviews - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 8:38 pm

that kickstarter looks a couple of years old. I tried the beta link and nothing much is happening. I hope that it does start moving because it sounds like a good idea
Back to top Go down
James
Squire

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Games to Replace RK - Reviews   Games to Replace RK - Reviews - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2016 12:58 am

Clicked a link in the kickstarter to http://brunegame.com and logged in with facebook. Didn't have to sign up for the beta or anything, just make a character.
Back to top Go down
Achilles_
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Games to Replace RK - Reviews   Games to Replace RK - Reviews - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2016 3:44 am

They give you a couple of quests to start you off. For some reason, the move menu never really loads for me so I'm kind of stuck in the wilderness till I figure out how to make it work. But the game generally works.
Back to top Go down
Francesca.
Squire
Francesca.

PostSubject: Re: Games to Replace RK - Reviews   Games to Replace RK - Reviews - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2016 7:02 am

" Works best in Chrome"
Back to top Go down
Bekah
Noble
Bekah

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Games to Replace RK - Reviews   Games to Replace RK - Reviews - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2016 7:35 am

Yeah I got to the character creation stage and then it just hung. And yes, I use chrome Razz
Back to top Go down
Neptunuk
Serf

PostSubject: Re: Games to Replace RK - Reviews   Games to Replace RK - Reviews - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2016 4:14 pm

http://www.swcombine.com

I have played this game for about 4/5 years. Although it is star-wars based, I literally have no idea about star wars and have never found it a problem. It's browser based, free. Strong RP community, factions are a huge part of the game who have lively IRC's, forums are good and plenty of experienced players. The actual game mechanics can be as simple or as complicated as you like (I know about 5% of the functions possible to do IG).

Death is final.  Twisted Evil

I'm not very good at describing it, but please check it out. My name is Neptunuk McLovin IG so mail me if you join (there are actually quite strict naming rules but the admins were having a day off when I signed up I reckon).

Suitable for those who lack time, as well as those who wish to spend lots of time on it. Similar to RK in that you can go into semi-retirement for a few months and it not be an issue, which for me is necessary due to my flakiness.
Back to top Go down
Achilles_
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Games to Replace RK - Reviews   Games to Replace RK - Reviews - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2016 6:00 pm

Francesca. wrote:
" Works best in Chrome"

I downloaded Chrome for just this purpose. It better be faster, I hate google chrome.
Back to top Go down
Diragon
Citizen
Diragon

PostSubject: Re: Games to Replace RK - Reviews   Games to Replace RK - Reviews - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2016 6:14 pm

TheMightyTrooper wrote:
Bekah wrote:

I love tabletop!!!! Very Happy I've never tried Roll20 though.
Back to top Go down
Diragon
Citizen
Diragon

PostSubject: Re: Games to Replace RK - Reviews   Games to Replace RK - Reviews - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2016 6:17 pm

Neptunuk wrote:
http://www.swcombine.com

I have played this game for about 4/5 years. Although it is star-wars based, I literally have no idea about star wars and have never found it a problem. It's browser based, free. Strong RP community, factions are a huge part of the game who have lively IRC's, forums are good and plenty of experienced players. The actual game mechanics can be as simple or as complicated as you like (I know about 5% of the functions possible to do IG).

Death is final.  Twisted Evil

I'm not very good at describing it, but please check it out. My name is Neptunuk McLovin IG so mail me if you join (there are actually quite strict naming rules but the admins were having a day off when I signed up I reckon).

Suitable for those who lack time, as well as those who wish to spend lots of time on it. Similar to RK in that you can go into semi-retirement for a few months and it not be an issue, which for me is necessary due to my flakiness.

I used to play that! I used to play Mikael Larthona, for some factions I can't even remember. First as a transport pilot, and then as a mining pilot thing. I can't remember my login info though xD
Back to top Go down
Terrasophia
Squire
Terrasophia

Character sheet
DDO character: Paladin

PostSubject: Re: Games to Replace RK - Reviews   Games to Replace RK - Reviews - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 10:50 pm

Heh, I went back into perma-retreat for RK right before this got posted. We're sucked into DDO again with the Ghallanda guild, but if folks are running in the NNGO guild again, Rage and I would probably be up for adding another night to the rotation.

Chronicles of Elyria sounds interesting but it does sound like some other RK-type games that Smudger has convinced me to play, which unfortunately just never sucked me in. Sidenote: Google then led me to the FB game Knighthood group on Tribal Wars which is eventually how I found RK all those years ago. It's true that nothing ever goes away online.
Back to top Go down
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet
RK Profession: Weaver

PostSubject: Re: Games to Replace RK - Reviews   Games to Replace RK - Reviews - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 2:27 am

Tried Secfenia and Stronghold - meh!

I've been playing DDO religiously for about 6 years but the last update was the worst so I'm on a hiatus.

In the meantime, I've been playing two Payday 2 (was ridiculously cheap on Steam), Warhammer: Vermintide, which I really like and as far as MMOs go, I've been casually playing Skyforge, which is pretty good!
Back to top Go down
Trinity
Noble
Trinity

Character sheet
RK Profession: Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Games to Replace RK - Reviews   Games to Replace RK - Reviews - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 4:18 pm

I have lots of cheesy apps on my phone currently that's working out just great!!

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet
DDO character: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Games to Replace RK - Reviews   Games to Replace RK - Reviews - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 10:44 pm

DDO. I've been the poster girl for ESO for the last couple years but I took a break from it this year and picked up DDO again. And it's still pretty awesome. Free to play and you can earn the points through game play to get some of the main adventure packs. Good for those who love tinkering around with different builds, but there's also the option of rolling a preplanned toon if you don't want to mess about with custom builds.

For it to work - and to get people into it if they've never played, I'd recommend the old timers always have a low lvl character on the go that they only play when grouped with guildies. I might even suggest a guild night run on static group lines for the casual players who just want to hang out and play a game once a week, safely knowing that they won't be several levels behind others because they have less time to play during the week.

If ppl want to pick it up again, and find themselves out of the NNGO guild on Khyber server (Dee went mad with the Feather duster), mail me IG on Eelliz with the name of your toon and I'll send you a guild invite.

Back to top Go down
Dee_Snider
Knight
Dee_Snider

Character sheet
DDO character: Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Games to Replace RK - Reviews   Games to Replace RK - Reviews - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2016 7:45 pm

I have 9 toons that all need TRing. Hopefully this summer I'll have more time to play.
Back to top Go down
Rareit
Commoner
Rareit

PostSubject: Re: Games to Replace RK - Reviews   Games to Replace RK - Reviews - Page 2 EmptyTue May 10, 2016 11:34 am

If I may make an appearance from lands of Azeroth and so humbly suggest trying World of Warcraft. *disappears back forever into stormwind* ....though if you do avoid moonguard server.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Games to Replace RK - Reviews   Games to Replace RK - Reviews - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Games to Replace RK - Reviews
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next