Join us at our NEW forum: www.nngo.biz
All your Nachos are belong to us!
Join us at our NEW forum: www.nngo.biz
All your Nachos are belong to us!

~NNGO IZ SRS BSNS~

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» TORN
This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2018 3:03 pm by anto_capone

» Ridiculously rough draft ideas
This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2018 7:50 pm by James

» The Music Thread!
This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 08, 2018 1:19 pm by Trinity

» How's life treating ya?
This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 05, 2018 8:06 am by Trinity

» Games to Replace RK - Reviews
This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 23, 2017 7:28 pm by Bekah

» Queen of Ireland
This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 23, 2017 12:28 am by jaqk

» RPG Maker
This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 18, 2017 9:52 pm by Trinity

» Fight of Ages
This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 17, 2017 8:43 pm by Trinity

» Access to NNGO Forums
This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 28, 2017 2:28 pm by gonads

» Laugh of the day
This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 21, 2017 9:40 pm by Bekah

Navigation
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 215 on Tue May 18, 2021 2:52 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Discord

This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n

Go down 
+28
viery
Mysterie
Bellz
Francesca.
Dunmharfora
Trinity
Goblindad
Kazimi
Lordmatthew
Kalaf_torran
Mikhaila
Aidan
fhead
Devin
Red
Zakku
Kazgorath
Telcara
_Melissa.
ArcaneJill
Stalvan
anto_capone
Toasti Jen
Bekah
Edwin
WhiteSnow
James
Elois
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Zakku
King of the Incinerator!
Zakku

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Blacksmith

This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n   This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 12:33 pm

one of the best things I ever did for myself was learn how to cook Very Happy

now I never have to deal with shitty fast food ever again!!
Back to top Go down
Lordmatthew
Citizen

PostSubject: Re: This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n   This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 12:40 pm

Subway is shit.

I have an italian deli near my house where I get the best sandwiches possible. Their mortadella sandwich is made by god himself. Ciabatta bread with a vinegar spread on the inside, mortadella, Lettuce, tomatoes, mozzarella.
NY has the best food although pricey(however if you know the city you can get some cheap good food)

And yes cooking is great, hate the cleanup though
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n   This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 12:45 pm

I made my folks dinner yesterday, as penance for being such a mean girly. The oven door had a sticky spring, so I tore the door off. I say Mom, God wants you to buy a new oven. lol!
Back to top Go down
_Melissa.
Knight
_Melissa.

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: None

PostSubject: Re: This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n   This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 4:01 pm

Last edited by _Melissa. on Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n   This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 10:42 pm

_Melissa. wrote:
I made an oven dish BIG tray full of lasagne yday to eat with Corona; and finished it ALL today with coke. Shocked Today: coffee, rice cracker crisps, oreos, lasagne dish x 2 helpings, coke, choc Gu mousse, sparkling water (spilled a bit near public PC again ssshhh!) Neutral Usually I have grapes too/ berries.

This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n - Page 3 96hjyt
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n   This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 8:16 am

Hey Stal! This is why we'll lose weight. Razz

This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n - Page 3 Dietcokebacon
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n   This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 2:29 pm

I really want a baklava right now.

This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n - Page 3 Wb9q42
Back to top Go down
Stalvan
Commoner
Stalvan

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n   This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 3:45 pm

Hope yall's hungry...

This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n - Page 3 2mi4wle
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n   This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 7:01 pm

Elois wrote:
Hey Stal! This is why we'll lose weight. Razz

This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n - Page 3 Dietcokebacon

Sad I emailed Coca Cola to demand this, and they say it is a hoax. Sad
Back to top Go down
Stalvan
Commoner
Stalvan

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n   This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 8:07 pm

Too bad. Everything should taste like bacon.
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger

PostSubject: Re: This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n   This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 2:04 pm

so, what kind of holiday food people been eating? Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.nngo.biz
Zakku
King of the Incinerator!
Zakku

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n   This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 1:24 am

Lots and lots of eggnog and syllabub

On christmas I had lamb chops with citrus infused white beans, potato gratin, and pan fried brussels sprouts.

the holidays are pretty much the only time of year that I let my self eat sugary things and boy do I feel it once the new year kicks in.
Back to top Go down
Kazimi
Citizen
Kazimi

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Baker

PostSubject: Re: This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n   This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 2:51 am

Turkey, croquettes, peaches and sliced pineapple with some cranberry juice.

Like always Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n   This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 6:00 am

Yeah, hear you, Zakku. Hear you.
Back to top Go down
Goblindad
Squire
Goblindad

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n   This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 12:32 am

N N N N N N N N Necro post!!

This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n - Page 3 Dar-monday-27
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n   This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 2:26 pm

Was taken out to dinner yesterday, to some Russian place. Had everything not Russian. Had...

escargot with garlic sauce on cheese bread
This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n - Page 3 15bn11

chardonnay
This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n - Page 3 2rxa1ya

greek salad
This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n - Page 3 Rieo9u

rack of lamb in mustard sauce
This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n - Page 3 35d3yg5

and baklava
This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n - Page 3 2zhnwo7

I think the best part was the salad and the rack of lamb. Tomatoes in the salad were perfect. The rack of lamb was juicy and the mustard sauce it came with added a very interesting flavor.

The restaurant also served lamb testicles, which I almost dared to order but didn't have it in me to do. So I ordered the escargot instead. Escargot tastes like mussels but softer.

The baklava disappointed me. It wasn't dripping with honey like I thought it would and wasn't really flavorful.
Back to top Go down
ArcaneJill
Admin
ArcaneJill

Character sheet
DDO character: Cleric

PostSubject: Re: This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n   This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n - Page 3 EmptyFri May 30, 2014 1:54 pm

Necro thread!

Talking with Trin and Morgan today about my strawberry custard cake...  This is what I know as cassata cake from the Italian bakeries in Cleveland where I grew up.  The internet, however, thinks cassata cake is something totally different so I just go with strawberry custard cake.

Here's the recipe with my tweaks, and the frosting recipe altered to reflect a smaller quantity since I had way too much with the first try.  I recommend baking the cake on a rack about 2/3 up in the oven to keep it from getting too brown, though it will take closer to the 40 minute mark than the 30 minute mark to do so.  The recipe looks kind of like a pain in the butt, but it's really not bad.  Only annoying part is having to keep washing the mixing bowl between parts.

Cake:

1 cup sugar

½ cup butter

2 eggs

2 tsp vanilla extract

1 ½ cup all-purpose flour

1 ¾ tsp baking powder

½ cup milk

Preheat oven to 350.  Grease and flour a 9” cake pan.  Cream together butter and sugar until lightened in color and fluffy.  Beat in the eggs one at a time then stir in the vanilla.  Combine flour and baking powder, add to the creamed mixture, and mix well.  Stir in the milk until the batter is smooth.  Bake for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick comes out clean.

Filling:

4 oz cream cheese

½ cup ricotta cheese

1 (3.4 oz) instant vanilla pudding mix

1 cup milk

1 quart strawberries

Cream together cream cheese and ricotta.  Slowly add milk and then the pudding mix.  Beat on low 2 minutes.  Slice about 2/3 - 3/4 of the strawberries and add about a tablespoon of sugar (to taste) and allow to macerate in the refrigerator for several hours if possible.

Frosting:

3 oz cream cheese

¼ cup confectioners sugar

1 pint heavy whipping cream

1 tbs instant vanilla pudding mix

Beat the cream cheese until smooth.  Mix in the confectioners sugar.  Slowly add the whipping cream and beat on high 2 minutes.  Then sprinkle on the pudding mix and beat on high until firm peak is achieved, about another 2 minutes.  

Putting it all together:

Cool cake completely and remove from pan.  Split cake into 2 layers.  Spread all the filling mix on top of the bottom layer, then the sliced strawberries.  Place top layer.  Frost completely and use remaining strawberries to decorate.
Back to top Go down
Trinity
Noble
Trinity

Character sheet
DDO character: Paladin
RK Profession: Butcher

PostSubject: Re: This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n   This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n - Page 3 EmptyFri May 30, 2014 1:57 pm

Thank you Jill! Very Happy

Sounds so good! and I have just about everything too already cept for the strawberries and ricotta cheese, super excited! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dunmharfora
Serf
Dunmharfora

PostSubject: Re: This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n   This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 12:41 am

I saw this thread, read over it, and saw a lot of tastiness. Figured this would be a good place to share what I'm about to share.

I use to hitch hike and spent a lot of time living on the streets when in the cities I would visit and due to this I would often eat from trashcans when a soup kitchen was not available. Also, I would cook often when in the wilderness and use local ingredients found growing wild in the desert, woods, plains, etc. Well, one of my hobbies is cooking and I would take the food found in the trash and turn it into meals to feed myself and others who happen to be in the jungle with me at the time, for those of you who don't know a jungle is a spot a group of hobos live and cook in. I was given an idea by a friend recently to write a cook book filled with recipes I used while on the road as well as stories from the road that may be entertaining to folks. I loved the idea and started work on the book. I'm still trying to figure out what recipes would be best and what stories would be most appropriate. I have contacted a few of my old roaddogs, facebook does come in handy sometimes, and have been getting some ideas from them including one who was a sous chef in Boston back in the eighties who also taught me a lot of great tricks of the trades; cooking and tramping. If I do finish this project and manage to get it published I'll share it with y'all. Anyway, I'm done here. Figured I'd share this with y'all.
Back to top Go down
Francesca.
Squire
Francesca.

PostSubject: Re: This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n   This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 4:04 am

Great idea, i'm looking forward to the finished book. Ever considered crowdfunding for publishing?
Back to top Go down
Dunmharfora
Serf
Dunmharfora

PostSubject: Re: This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n   This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 4:51 am

Crowdfunding? Honestly, I'm not sure what that is. Is it something akin to getting donations from the public for a particular endeavor? If so, then it's a good idea and may help me get this project off its ass. Trouble is, I have no idea on how to go about that aside from putting something in the local paper which wouldn't net much of a result due to so few people getting their news from pulped trees. If there's a website for such a thing then I would check it out, google here I come.

I may be a writer but I have never had anything published, never really tried to get anything published to be honest. But this book on hobo cooking is something I would like to get out there, mostly to show the yuppies, a term street kids use to describe anybody not homeless -yeah I know it is used with a different definition by the rest of the world- that not every homeless person is an uneducated, drug and booze addicted, sleezeball. There are decent individuals out there on the road, back then I was naive and innocent enough to be one of those decent ones, not so much anymore what with disillusionment and bitterness being in the forefront of my personality. I digress, the point is to show that those folks out there are as human as anyone else and also to give people a different point of view when pertaining to food and how it can be prepared.
Back to top Go down
Francesca.
Squire
Francesca.

PostSubject: Re: This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n   This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 5:35 am

Yeah, it's pretty much that you display your goal on a crowdfunding site and ask people to donate. Make a pitch for your product and set your goal : how much money you need to get this project finished. This seems a good site for your book:

http://www.patreon.com/

This site has more links to different sites for crowdfunding:

http://www.crowdfunding.com/ and this one:

http://www.crowdit.com/
Back to top Go down
Bellz
Knight
Bellz

Location : in a galexy far far away or Khyber... or stuck at work dreaming of Hawaii

Character sheet
DDO character: Cleric
RK Profession: Baker

PostSubject: Re: This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n   This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 3:07 pm

So it was mentioned that I kinda forgot to show you all the pictures from the wedding cake I was  hired to make... ( Sorry Myst!!!)

Wedding cake, 150 filled and deecorated cupcakes as well as the serving stand & cake topper

This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n - Page 3 <a href=This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n - Page 3 Cake1" />
This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n - Page 3 <a href=This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n - Page 3 Cake2" />
This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n - Page 3 <a href=This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n - Page 3 Cake3" />

and yes I'll post pics after the pies are done too Wink
Back to top Go down
Mysterie
Squire
Mysterie

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n   This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 4:22 pm

*heavy breathing*

*wheezes*

Epic. Deliciousness. I want to bury my face in it and die happy from the inevitable hyperglycemia. Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
viery
Citizen
viery

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Butcher

PostSubject: Re: This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n   This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 10:45 pm

any chance of sending samples as well? Razz

It looks yummy!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n   This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

This Is Why You're Fat - Food Pr0n
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next