Join us at our NEW forum: www.nngo.biz
All your Nachos are belong to us!
Join us at our NEW forum: www.nngo.biz
All your Nachos are belong to us!

~NNGO IZ SRS BSNS~

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» TORN
Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2018 3:03 pm by anto_capone

» Ridiculously rough draft ideas
Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2018 7:50 pm by James

» The Music Thread!
Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 08, 2018 1:19 pm by Trinity

» How's life treating ya?
Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 05, 2018 8:06 am by Trinity

» Games to Replace RK - Reviews
Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft - Page 5 EmptySat Dec 23, 2017 7:28 pm by Bekah

» Queen of Ireland
Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft - Page 5 EmptySat Dec 23, 2017 12:28 am by jaqk

» RPG Maker
Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 18, 2017 9:52 pm by Trinity

» Fight of Ages
Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 17, 2017 8:43 pm by Trinity

» Access to NNGO Forums
Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 28, 2017 2:28 pm by gonads

» Laugh of the day
Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 21, 2017 9:40 pm by Bekah

Navigation
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 215 on Tue May 18, 2021 2:52 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Discord

Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft

Go down 
+42
ahlia
Mikhail_216
Trinity
Springtime
Anthony_Wayne
Dizmalus
_Melissa.
Lance
Aidan
Cina
Lordmatthew
Motherlucka
Zogdor
Romanos
Magogh
Mikhaila
Perl.
Aalish
Plutogirl
Achilles_
Boris
Michelle_macale
Sephrenia
Likaios
HappyHerder
Elois
JonathanDailey
OutlawCutie
WhiteSnow
ArcaneJill
Hannah
Zakku
Bellz
Bekah
Toasti Jen
Aveline
Angeljoy25
anto_capone
Alexandrelejuste
Beth
Grace
LadyJazzy
46 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Magogh
Serf

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Blacksmith

Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft   Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 12:34 pm

He's a sane person who isn't Springtime in a mask or NNGO. That's about it. His history in Scotland isn't too relevant and he seems like an okay choice to just find out what the role is.

Back to top Go down
Boris
Commoner
Boris

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Whiskey Distiller

PostSubject: Re: Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft   Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 6:03 am

I think this whole King thing sounds like Admins clutching at straws. I say if he wants to do it, we should let him. He seems smart enough. Time will tell whether we are all being conned yet again.
Back to top Go down
Magogh
Serf

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft   Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 9:02 am

Basically it looks like we won't have much of a choice. Admins are gonna force us to have a King one way or another. So unless we can prove that we are independent through evidenced historical RP then we are gonna get a King forced on us. Given that scenario we should stump up someone semi sane to just do what the counties want. One example would be that if the King gets all corruption and other sinks then he could just give them all back to counties - helps Chonnacht work that port, reduced Munster's debt, fixes Laighean's mines kinda things.

I really don't want a King, but if we are gonna get one anyway we should sort it out so it doesn't fuck us all up.
Back to top Go down
Mikhaila
Knight
Mikhaila

Character sheet
DDO character: Cleric
RK Profession: None

PostSubject: Re: Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft   Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 12:05 pm

Then perhaps RP a revolution before we have to vote for a "King". We have 3 weeks Smile
Back to top Go down
Romanos
Commoner
Romanos

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft   Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 12:12 pm

Look all, the ideal King for us is one who will retreat upon being elected, unless we all really want him/her to actually DO something.

I got to do some exposition here, so please bear with me a bit. Smile

I belong to the realistic school here, I want things done as close to 15th century as possible! Ireland irl had elected Kings, one for each of the Counties. These do magnificently correspond to elected Dukes. Ireland never had an elected King for the whole island until England invaded! Now, my personal preference is 3 independent Counties, living in peace. There is no place for a King in my plans, unless it is some poor soul mumbling on whom he/she descends from.

Chonnacht law, which I wrote, states that:

The County of Chonnacht is an independent County, governed by its elected Council and subject to no monarch, either of this island or of any other place.

It does not anyplace state that there will not be some nut someplace who thinks they are Jah!

If we get a "king" who will simply talk their bit, I do not care. If we get a King who wants to actually do anything as King, as far as I am concerned, that person will have declared war on Chonnacht!

Now here is the hitch: If any Lv3 person is willing to run for this as village fool. I can help them, but once elected they must totally disappear!

If we got volunteers for that, lets go!

If we do not, I will energetically and to the fullest of my ability (which is usually more than anyone bargains for) fight against anyone who seeks to exercise any power as King of Ireland!

Very Happy

Btw, I have never lost a battle yet!
Back to top Go down
Mikhaila
Knight
Mikhaila

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft   Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 12:55 pm

lol...then why don't you run? I don't mean to be rude by seriously, you expect someone else to run and do whatever you say? Dumping their character in re-treat for months? That is unrealistic. Most of us here follow Anto because he does not expect us to do things that he would not and does not do.

So the question is, IF you expect someone to do this surely you can lead by example? After all you said its not that hard Wink
Back to top Go down
Bellz
Knight
Bellz

Location : in a galexy far far away or Khyber... or stuck at work dreaming of Hawaii

Character sheet
RK Profession: Baker

PostSubject: Re: Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft   Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 1:20 pm

Because Mik, he likes to think he controls everything and has the power to pull everyones strings. He built Chonnact all by himself, and we're all mere pawns in his game so of course we will follow him

(aye, a wee bit tired and bitchy still... I'll blame the travel and the fact my brothers friend wore out my putting up with peoples stupid shit ability Razz)
Back to top Go down
Bekah
Noble
Bekah

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft   Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 10:55 pm

I will run for queen as long as I don't have to do anything afterwards lol. I am so not the leader type. I would get bored anyway. Would be nice to see if I could mess things up for springtime though .... *wanders off to hatch evil plan #549*
Back to top Go down
Mikhaila
Knight
Mikhaila

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft   Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 11:10 pm

Oooo are you serious? Razz I will vote for ya if you are Smile
Back to top Go down
Bekah
Noble
Bekah

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft   Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 11:15 pm

The spinozist (sounded better as Jewish lol) queen of Ireland? lmao! That would be history in the making Very Happy Now stop making me think about it Wink
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft   Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 12:32 am

You have my vote.
Back to top Go down
Romanos
Commoner
Romanos

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft   Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 12:48 am

Mikhaila I don't want to, I cannot expect anyone else to want to since it means ending their character, but since I see people considering supporting someone, I am stating the limits we should all set to that. If we participate and elect anyone who will not be very clearly bound to just sit there and do nothing, then we will be giving legitimacy to this process and this position. Unless we get a candidate clearly devoted to doing nothing, we should not participate at all, just go to war over it.
Back to top Go down
Mikhaila
Knight
Mikhaila

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft   Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 2:18 am

Its not an ending of a character Wink Technically one could click the magic name change button and RP as a "new" character then once their term is over just switch back. Badger posted about this in babel. TBH its something we are going to end up with. Not saying I like it. Personally I view it as another position that can easily be abused by anyone. The RP aspect... well we have seen the regency die in Scotland and its just more of a "I am better then you" position in England. So yes. It is possible for one such as yourself to be "king" without sacrificing your current character.

As to going to war over this. That is up to the individual counties and groups to decide for themselves.
Back to top Go down
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet
DDO character: Paladin
RK Profession: Weaver

PostSubject: Re: Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft   Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 8:43 am

Vote Queen Bekah!
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet
DDO character: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft   Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 9:40 am

Demanding someone goes into retreat is kinda extreme. Yes, you can be king and we wont attack anyone, if you agree to not play the game for six months?
Back to top Go down
Motherlucka
Knight
Motherlucka

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft   Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 9:36 pm

I considered running as King to just sit there and funnel whatever money I had into building level 2 ports around Ireland. No taxes, no intervention, just a figurehead - until I realized Springtime is probably going to win this election. Let me explain:

20 lvl 2 clones that can buy 10 votes each: That's a good 200 votes right there; probably enough to get her an outright majority. The only question is if she can funnel the right money to enough accounts to buy the election. Alternatively she could just get all her clones to Noble of the sword and get 300 votes that way (I'm not sure if this would work since JDW said you have to be lvl 2+ to vote but also said Noble of the sword gets 3 votes).

If Springtime does win, I will leave Ireland or quit the game entirely.

@Romanos: Yeah, good luck with a civil war there, just don't let Hannah command the troops or she'll send 14 off to face 80+.
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft   Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 10:01 pm

We could just create a mass exodus to Scotland and takeover its governments. Razz It could add a certain level of maturity, I think.
Back to top Go down
Romanos
Commoner
Romanos

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft   Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 10:33 pm

Motherlucka, buying the election with real money is always possible, but it would be extremely costly, no one will be doing that.

Now as to war, it all depends on what IG powers the King would have, what buttons are available for pressing. We can and should protect the County treasuries before anyone is elected King, I mean use the money to upgrade the port in Gort for Chonnacht.
Back to top Go down
Motherlucka
Knight
Motherlucka

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft   Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 12:06 am

Let me clarify:

Every character level 2 and up can vote up to 10 times in the election, each vote costing 100 pounds each. If Springtime has access to enough money stolen over time from Laighean she may be able to have her higher level clones buy enough votes to win.
Back to top Go down
Lordmatthew
Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft   Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 12:21 am

Elois wrote:
We could just create a mass exodus to Scotland and takeover its governments. Razz It could add a certain level of maturity, I think.

Return to Glasgow, we need more sanity Very Happy
And we dont have a clone problem tongue
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet
DDO character: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft   Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 2:27 pm

Real money has been used to rig previous elections with clones becoming nobles. Yes, this is how badly spring wants to 'win' RK.
Back to top Go down
Bellz
Knight
Bellz

Location : in a galexy far far away or Khyber... or stuck at work dreaming of Hawaii

Character sheet
RK Profession: Baker

PostSubject: Re: Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft   Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 10:25 pm

Spring isn't the only one who's spent money to rig elections... and sadly wont be the last... it's prolly why they are doing the whole king thing... they need to make more money
Back to top Go down
Achilles_
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft   Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft - Page 5 EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 12:09 am

It's not sad. The fact that there's someone somewhere spending money on these things is far from sad, it's hilarious Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cina
Serf

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft   Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft - Page 5 EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 1:35 pm

When I realized that spending real money on Facebook games (Seriously? Fucking Facebook?) is becoming so normal that the cards are sold at 7-11, I stopped thinking that people buying RK tokens were sad.

Humanity is just kinda fucked re: priorities, that's all. I am choosing to share Achilles' view of it and laugh, because crying is better saved for other stuff. Razz
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft   Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft - Page 5 EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 1:48 pm

I read somewhere that teenagers actually get a Facebook allowance these day. O.o
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft   Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Of Child-Stealers, Clones and WitchCraft
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All your Nachos are belong to us! :: RK :: Ireland :: Irish OOC-
Jump to: