Bimber
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Bimber
Serf

so... DDO :D Empty
PostSubject: so... DDO :D   so... DDO :D EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 2:35 pm

sup folks Very Happy

long time no see and so far i seen most of the old faces wich is awsome Very Happy

been long time away so in short been on runes of magic (needs to much money or hell of a lot of free time) and on lord of the rings online (not so bad the best i seen so far thats free!) had a few guilds there but never had more fun then with you guys on rk Smile

well giving DDO a go to see how it is didnt want before since i played lotro first and since both are made by turbine lots of folks who tried both said lotro was the new cool younger kid so it got all the cool and better stuff and more updates, so far it looks cool maybe a lill boring but probably coz i hate the noob stage Very Happy

thinking of going dps and so far i find the class base system to be confusing and strange but guess it makes it unique and fun to play with Very Happy

so any heads up? oh and cool to see ye all again Smile
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet
DDO character: Fighter
RK Profession: None

PostSubject: Re: so... DDO :D   so... DDO :D EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 2:42 pm

What kind of dps? *grins*

Every class claims uber dps. Rogues are particularly known to draw attention to their dps when blah blahing in quests. As are sorcs and wizards (whoa i just crit my polar ray for a million damage!!!!11!!!). Rangers get very upset if people don't recognise them as dps ... and also the warchanter bards and battle clerics ... and lets not forget the newest class of artificer which people cant seem to decide on whether they are meh dps or overpowered dps. Almost forgot the monks. Don't get me started on the monks...

But if you're meaning a good ole fashioned barbarian or fighter? Welcome Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: so... DDO :D   so... DDO :D EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 2:43 pm

Of course apologies due to the FVS class whom I neglected to mention. They are of course the bestest eva!
Back to top Go down
Dee_Snider
Knight
Dee_Snider

Character sheet
DDO character: Wizard
RK Profession: Blacksmith

PostSubject: Re: so... DDO :D   so... DDO :D EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 3:28 pm

Welcome.

If you are interested in DPS and F2P (Free to play), then I recommend a Dwarf THF (Two Handed Fighting) Barbarian.

Here is a thread devoted towards barbarians:

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=296816

Have fun! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet
DDO character: Paladin
RK Profession: Weaver

PostSubject: Re: so... DDO :D   so... DDO :D EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 4:20 pm

Welcome Bimb! Great to have you among us Smile
Back to top Go down
Grace
Mummy Bait
Grace

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Baker

PostSubject: Re: so... DDO :D   so... DDO :D EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 4:48 pm

Beth wrote:
What kind of dps? *grins*

Every class claims uber dps. Rogues are particularly known to draw attention to their dps when blah blahing in quests. As are sorcs and wizards (whoa i just crit my polar ray for a million damage!!!!11!!!). Rangers get very upset if people don't recognise them as dps ... and also the warchanter bards and battle clerics ... and lets not forget the newest class of artificer which people cant seem to decide on whether they are meh dps or overpowered dps. Almost forgot the monks. Don't get me started on the monks...

But if you're meaning a good ole fashioned barbarian or fighter? Welcome Very Happy

You are clearly biased ^^ lol rogues don't blah blah about their dps, they are yelling "Gah! Let me in your stupid group, I have dps!" Razz We are not appreciated Sad

DPS is different in every class though. Barbs give the best straight-up dps. Fighters can do better with clickies and feats and have a bit more ability to be tactical (imo). Rangers have awesome dps vs. favored enemies and also are a bit more self-sufficient with healing and buffing abilities. Rouges do the best dps if they utilize their sneak attacks and have fun UMD abilities. Monks have pretty great dps when they use their various abilities and are also a bit more on the self-sufficient side. Warchanter bards can put out enough dps to be respectable, and their buffing abilities are in demand. Clerics/FVS/wizards/sorcs can kill stuff faster than anyone usually by end game. Artificers...get a cute puppy Razz

Basically, any class can dps if built correctly. What you want to ask yourself is what roles you want to take on in a group. Is it just "kill things! faster!"? Do you have the desire or patience to play with clickies/buffs/spells? Do you want to be self-sufficient when it comes to healing yourself? Are you going to tear people new assholes if they keep asking you for buffs? Once you think on those things a bit, we can probably guide you better on what class you want.

Then we can move on to arguing about race Razz
Back to top Go down
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: so... DDO :D   so... DDO :D EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 4:59 pm

Don't forget Paladins - they crit for huge numbers, especially when using Exalted smite and they can also get high UMD, so self-heal/ party heal/ D door, cast GH, etc. Wink

Last edited by Zogdor on Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Grace
Mummy Bait
Grace

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: so... DDO :D   so... DDO :D EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 5:03 pm

Knew I was forgetting someone Smile Thanks Zog!
Back to top Go down
ArcaneJill
Admin
ArcaneJill

Character sheet
DDO character: Cleric

PostSubject: Re: so... DDO :D   so... DDO :D EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 5:26 pm

Yeah DDO can definitely be confusing at the beginning. When Anto and I started it was just the two of us and we were definitely noobs. PnP D&D and DDO are definitely different when it comes to stats. First rule of DDO is that everyone screws up their first toon lol. But I like that it's versatile and that there's a lot of different paths you can take even within one character class to make the toon you want. I'd just say to give it a chance and don't be afraid to re-roll or make a couple different kinds of toons to try things out Smile

And welcome to the party Bimber, long time no see Smile
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger

PostSubject: Re: so... DDO :D   so... DDO :D EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 9:49 pm

any class can do great dps. there is no one true king of dps in all the classes.

you can really make any class dps if you build it that way. some classes are easy to build, like fighters, barbs, wizards and sorcs. others are pretty easy to screw up but as long as its fun who cares? Smile

personally, i like self sufficiency and versatility. here is a rundown on all my toons:

antocapone - ranger/fighter/rogue - able to disarm traps, open locks, heal a party, and easily do about 4000-8000 damage to an enemy in 20 seconds with manyshot. he mainly relies on two weapon fighting, and is usually the last person alive in the party when it all goes to hell.

antonin - pale master wizard - this is the guy i use when i want to solo or kill some time farming. i didnt make him very well but he has far exceeded my expectations. still working on his equipment tho, took me a long time to figure out how i wanted to play this one.; which is to insta-kill everything if possible.

shover - my dark monk dps build. he is a dps tank, and not very versatile at all. fun to play tho because of all the different attacks, called 'ki strikes'. there are combination attacks that should be more useful, but touch of death is his bread and butter, doing 250-1500 extra damage every 10 seconds.

soullstone - my favored soul 'caster'. designed to kill things with spells, and heal on the side. this one is a sort of experiment that should be fun as hell when he is level 20

rockwilda - dps sorc nuclear annihilation style. he lights things on fire, and at level 14 does more fire damage than my level 20 wizard, because he is fire-specced. you can be ice, fire, air, or earth. ill eventually try them all and see what i like best.

smurfmaster - spellsinger aka support class bard, that i recently 'fixed'. he is still competing with all the others above for playtime but is hell of fun.

durundundun - kensai greataxe fighter. is fun to cleave things, which hits many enemies at once, but the glancing blows you get with a greataxe pay off and keep people alive. i mostly have him parked, because i simply enjoy playing the others more at the moment. Smile

so those are just some examples. i think dee has like 8 toons as well lol.

as free to play you can make 2 toons. if you ever spend 5 bucks on the game you get upgraded to 'premium' permanently. this will give you 4 character slots, and max limit auctions and plat limit ect..

so make two and try them both perhaps. if big damage numbers are what you aim for, i would recommend dwarf two handed fighting barbarian and a water savant sorcerer. both are easy to make.

sorc needs charisma and constitution. dont bother with other stats.
barb needs strength and constitution. dont bother with other stats.

have fun Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.nngo.biz
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: so... DDO :D   so... DDO :D EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 5:38 am

I have a few toons that Anto doesn't, so maybe I can give an idea on them:

Gilders - Paladin - Is a Human Defender of Siberys. He has high Hit Points when in Defender Stance, does "pretty" good DPS, and his smites hit for around 800. His UMD is high enough to throw heal and raise dead scrolls on himself and the party, plus he has 5 "Lay on Hands" which heal for 380-400 a pop, and an unyielding sovereignty which heals for over 1,000 and removes all negative energy effects. Basically he's a raid boss tank, who generates hate through threat and intimidation. The other good thing about him is that his saves are huge. The bad thing is that he only gets the full benefit of his build, when he's sword and board, and I find that pretty lame to be honest. Main stats are Strength, Charisma and Constitution, with the rest in Dexterity.

Zogdor - Is a Dwarf rogue (with 2 levels of barbarian for Dwarven Axes, sprint boosts and a couple of rages). He's an Assassin build, so he can insta-kill anything that can be sneak-attacked (not including red-name bosses of course), but the cool-down on assassinate is something like 15 seconds. He can get traps, pick locks, throw heal scrolls, Dimension door, raise dead scrolls and unlike many rogues, he has reasonably high hit points. Main stats are Strength, Intelligence, Constitution and Dexterity.

Taykare - is a human cleric. I used to play him as a heal bot, but have recently started to make use of his offensive spells, such as implosion and destruction and I must admit they are great fun Smile. You'll never have trouble finding a group if you have a good cleric and you can even outkill most melee at higher level, if the group doesn't constantly need hjealing. Main stats are Wisdom and Constitution.

Harzak - is a Half-Orc Barbarian. Two-handed fighting and is basically built to hit things as hard as possible with rages and frenzies. He's based on the Half-Orc build in the link that Dee put up earlier. Main stats are Strength and Constitution.

Trappbot - is a Warforged wizard, with two levels of rogue for evasion and trap skills. He also has the highest UMD of all my toons, so can throw heals and raise dead scrolls. I'm actually enjoying him the most at the moment, since Anto helped me work out how to raise the DCs on his spells. He's also built to insta-kill, and I must admit that I love having evasion on him... it saves his butt so many times! Main stats are Intelligence and Constitution.

Rtee - is a Warforged Artificer. I'm not really sure what to make of her yet to be honest... I like the party buffs she can throw out, but her pew-pewing doesn't do great DPS and the pet gets her into more trouble than anything else Smile Main stats are intelligence, constitution and dexterity.

Last edited by Zogdor on Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dee_Snider
Knight
Dee_Snider

Character sheet
DDO character: Wizard

PostSubject: Re: so... DDO :D   so... DDO :D EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 12:31 pm

Here's a list of my toons:

Davidleeroth: Bard that thinks he's a barb. Known for jumping around in studded spandex armor waving a big pink axe, while singing.

Deesnider: Devils? Demons? This TR pally is not gonna take it anymore.

Doctorluv: Arcane love is his calling. Too bad his player doesn't love him enough to level this TR sorc up.

Mistermiyagi: This monk is good at waxing things to death with his bare robot hands.

Quasqueton: A talented purple toaster. She fights, she casts, she heals, she picks locks, she tanks, she does it all. Ninja looter - look out!

Rhankor: Big, dumb, and very strong but ugly half-orc barb. Needs a bath and a breath mint or two.

Whackit: Green robot multiclass thingamabob who sets things on fire before whacking them with a big green axe.

Back to top Go down
Bimber
Serf

PostSubject: Re: so... DDO :D   so... DDO :D EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 2:10 pm

cool thanks everyone for so much input Very Happy

well am basicly spoiled since am used to play OP classes in past games Razz
but what they usualy are the same type kill anything in less then 3sec or be killed ,dual weilding so guess some type of rogue/fighter class... and since they were OP usualy didnt need to pot as could kill anything fast Very Happy

so far am going with fighter but will mix it up with somethin soon and am leaning towards maybe pal or rogue
Back to top Go down
Grace
Mummy Bait
Grace

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: so... DDO :D   so... DDO :D EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 2:20 pm

Do you have the character planner? If not, definitely use it. It helps a ton. Also use the DDO wiki to look at the paths for your class and the prereq stuff.

I would actually recommend running up a pure class before you multiclass. Multiclassing in DDO can be extremely tricky, and paladin and rogue are two of the easiest classes to completely gimp. My first toon was a rogue, and I had to redo her stats and such completely with a heart of wood around level 15. I rolled several pure classes and messed with them before I multi'd, and I'm glad I did.

http://www.rjcyberware.com/DDO
Back to top Go down
Bellz
Knight
Bellz

Location : in a galexy far far away or Khyber... or stuck at work dreaming of Hawaii

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: so... DDO :D   so... DDO :D EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 3:11 pm

won't add anything but this..

BIM!!!!! *pounces &hugs *
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: so... DDO :D   so... DDO :D EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 5:00 pm

Definitely recommend going premium btw if you find yourself enjoying the game. As Anto said, its just five bucks and it makes using the auction house so much easier when you're wanting to sell stuff there to save up your plat for better gear. Smile
Back to top Go down
Bellz
Knight
Bellz

Location : in a galexy far far away or Khyber... or stuck at work dreaming of Hawaii

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: so... DDO :D   so... DDO :D EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 5:04 pm

Dee_Snider wrote:
Here's a list of my toons:

Davidleeroth: Bard that thinks he's a barb. Known for jumping around in studded spandex armor waving a big pink axe, while singing.

Deesnider: Devils? Demons? This TR pally is not gonna take it anymore.

Doctorluv: Arcane love is his calling. Too bad his player doesn't love him enough to level this TR sorc up.

Mistermiyagi: This monk is good at waxing things to death with his bare robot hands.

Quasqueton: A talented purple toaster. She fights, she casts, she heals, she picks locks, she tanks, she does it all. Ninja looter - look out!

Rhankor: Big, dumb, and very strong but ugly half-orc barb. Needs a bath and a breath mint or two.

Whackit: Green robot multiclass thingamabob who sets things on fire before whacking them with a big green axe.

I just actually read this Laughing

Have I mentioned lately how much I love you Dee
Back to top Go down
Tod_Whitesnow
Squire
Tod_Whitesnow

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: so... DDO :D   so... DDO :D EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 7:00 pm

Drags out a large cross. hands out some nails and a hammer to Grace.

Time to string Beth up for disrespecting Monks and thieves.

Welcome mate or welcome back.

Tod
Back to top Go down
Bimber
Serf

PostSubject: Re: so... DDO :D   so... DDO :D EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 2:11 pm

*hugs Bella back* hey you Smile

so got another question... guild activities and such? weekend parties?
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: so... DDO :D   so... DDO :D EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 7:57 pm

Tends to be on a casual basis. If enough of us are on at the same time and inclined to run something in a group, it happens. Pre-planned grouping sometimes happens but we're kinda stretched over timezones - US east coast to west coast, canada, australia, europe. Couple that with RL work commitments and, on the whole, the casual approach to guild activities seems to be the best approach.

Some of us have however been known to log on at 6am on a Sunday morning to help celebrate a birthday with a raid train ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: so... DDO :D   so... DDO :D Empty

Back to top Go down

so... DDO :D
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All your Nachos are belong to us! :: DDO :: All Things DDO-
Jump to: