AuthorMessage
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet
DDO character: Fighter
RK Profession: None

The adventures of Shaaaron The Elf Empty
PostSubject: The adventures of Shaaaron The Elf   The adventures of Shaaaron The Elf EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 1:43 pm

Been a weird day. Shipwrecked after a dragon attack and then picked up by three pervs. The halfing kept wanting me to pick his weapon, the warforged got all hot over whether I'd been excited to see a dragon up close, and the cleric wanted me to rest with her. Still, they gave me some stuff and didn't seem to mind when I hid in the corner while they fought these lizard creatures. Sow-hore-gins I think they called them. There was a bit of an awkward moment when it came to swimming for this key. They all had their excuses and I think they just wanted to see me all wet in my skivvies - like I said, bunch of pervs. Yet I got this awesome wand from the cleric at the end. Eternal wand of finger of fire. I'll try it out soon.

(The Grotto completed . XP total 910. 10 gp. 16 pots clw)

So then I went for a drink at the Wavecrest in Korthos and to sort out my spell book. I got 5 spells, but can only prepare three at one go. I got Masters Touch, Grease, Burning Hands, Charm and Jump. While I was there this halfing donated me a robe of lesser lightning resist (cos I was still in my rags) and then invited me to her guild. Seemed impolite to say no so I became a guildee of the Nest of Vipers (lvl18 guild). Not that keen on being a viper ... I may leave soonish.

Went exploring and found three people to help out. Got some nice stuff out of it and also found out that Charm is a great spell if you're feeling lazy. The great axe that jeets gave me is pretty heavy and I am a delicate elf after all. Spent a lot of time charming then zapping people with my excellent wand. It's also great for breaking boxes! Amazing what crap people leave in boxes. Grease is pretty funny, knock 'em over and zap them from a distance. Now wearing some bracers of assistance, a rugged belt and an amulet of inner focus. I feel good. I also run in a very perky way that shows off my great ass and boobs.

(Heytons Rest, Storehouse Secret, Cannith Crystal completed. XP total 2414. 49pp. 19 pots clw)

Gotta go see Sigmund Bauerson in the tavern. He's kinda handsome for a human. Bit old though. Everyone is saying I'm a hero. I agree.
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The adventures of Shaaaron The Elf   The adventures of Shaaaron The Elf EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 6:06 pm

I am the saviour of Korthos. People love me and shower me with gifts. It's kinda cool. Sigmund hooked me up with a bunch of people to help out and after finding Lars Heyton I then went on to defeat a mindflayer who was controlling the dragon that originally shipwrecked me. But you know what ... Korthos is a small time place and I think I'm destined for better things. Got passage to stormreach and am gonna have some fun. Met up with Philver Sharpwood right off the boat and he gave me some gold for dealing with the quickfoot gang. Piece of piss. My eternal wand of finger of fire continues to rock.

Some of my excellent goodies: spearbane bracers, archivist necklace, feather cloak, blessed goggles, winter boots, discarded ring, engraved ring. Also found a scroll so I can now summon monsters, although when I tried it I got a doggie instead.

Oh, no longer need to use my masters touch spell as I decided to learn some ranger stuff. Means I can swing my axe happily - got a better axe too. Found one with some acid on it in a chest. I can also do a spectacular sprint - I say spectacular because a faster speed really makes my arse wiggle. I think people notice as they keep asking me to group with them. Pervs.

(Stopping the Sahuagin, Sacrifices, Redemption, Necromancers Doom, The Collaborator, Misery's Peak, An Explosive Situation - completed. Cannith Crystal repeated for spearbane braces - total XP 13097, 154 plat, 31 clw pots, 45HP, 215 SP)
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The adventures of Shaaaron The Elf   The adventures of Shaaaron The Elf EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 9:05 am

The weirdness continues. Went to have a nap and when I woke up I was back on that damn beach. Had yesterday just been a long and rather involved dream? Heck knows but I'm having the strangest deja vu. There's a halfling waving at me and treating me like an idiot ...

(Holy crap had to reroll. Shaaaron is destined to be a gimp, but there are gimps and Gimps. Different starting stats were used, but will be taking the levels as already decided)
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The adventures of Shaaaron The Elf   The adventures of Shaaaron The Elf EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 11:43 pm

I can only conclude that I have the gift of prophetic dreams for all that has happened today is what happened in the dream. I was once again the saviour of Korthos. The only difference is that I wasn't picked up by the Nest of Vipers guild. Instead, after being showered with gifts from the people of Korthos and heading on out to Stormreach, this guy shouted at me, calling me a gimp - and then proceeded to ask me to join his guild. Make of that what you will. So I now sail with the NNGO guild on their rather smashing airship.

Did a bit of exploring and am starting to rake the loot in from treasure chests. This is a good thing as I need the plat for arrows. Yes, I have decided to follow the ways of my people and become an awesome archer. To assist with this I did some ranger training. That was interesting but not very inspiring. I have tried to charm animals since then but with no luck. The trainer told me I lacked charisma. I told the trainer that he would soon lack something too if he carried on being so rude.

Getting better with the archery, anyway. I think it will mesh well with my superb wizard powers. Also got some cleric training in.

It's good to be versatile. Many have commented in the past at how flexible I am Very Happy

(harbor solos, bringing the light, info is key, durks, garrisons, haverdasher, kobolds new ringleader. 48hp, 210sp, total xp 28,851, 46 clw pots! New gear of note - Moogs Ornament, Hat of Detect Secret Door, Bloodknuckle's Loincloth Waistband)
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The adventures of Shaaaron The Elf   The adventures of Shaaaron The Elf EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 11:03 pm

Today I continued to do good deeds for loot in the habour of stormreach and took a cursory tour around the market place. Made good friends with this war forged barbarian called Frenzy. His conversation is a bit lacking but he's cheap and willing to kill stuff without questions. Settling into a rhythm and finding that hitting things with the axe remains the most effective way to kill monsters and bad people, although it is still fun to zap them with the wand. Fumbling a bit with the longbow. Often when I'm shooting people in the face, I still seem to miss. I am often impervious to their feeble attempts to strike me because of protective magic, both divine and arcane. This is the result of my cunning plan to diversify into these different areas of magic. Dead clever, me.

I was a bit disappointed with the poor result from attempts to turn the undead and ended up having a bit of a fight with the cleric trainer over this. She said I lacked charisma. This irked as it is what the ranger trainer said the previous day. So I told her she had a fat arse. The cleric trainer is now no longer talking to me. Luckily this was after the second day of training with the fat dwarf so I'd already reaped the benefits, but I may have to go elsewhere for future training until she forgets about our spat. Perhaps back to the wizard trainer next?

Money situation looks good. I feel rich. I have over a thousand plat!

(Remaining lvl 2 quests done, ringleader farmed out for xp and renown, some coin lords quests repeated for favor. Currently cleric2/ranger1/wiz1. Total xp 63,225, 73hp, 245sp, 1178plat. Gear of note: clever +1 ring, sacred necklace, disease immunity necklace)
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The adventures of Shaaaron The Elf   The adventures of Shaaaron The Elf EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 8:33 am

I continue to rock Stormreach. Not only did I destroy the Sharn Syndicate, but I also cleared up the problems in the Catacombs. They call me hero, and I have to agree.

The Friar at the Catacombs was particularly grateful, giving me this amazing sword as a reward. He called it the Blade of Inquisition and said it can kill ghosts and the undead with ease, as well as being wrought from silver, so watch out you vampires!

The coin lord who rewarded me for breaking up the sharn syndicate was less grateful and only gave me a lousy long bow. No fancy twists to it at all. I said 'is that it?' and apparently it was ... Still the folk I met along the way gave me some nice gear for helping them out. I have these bracers that really help improve my core strength along with this cool ring that has magic imbued into it. Once activated I fight faster and hit people harder for thirty seconds. Very nifty.

Getting to know the people in the guild a bit more. Spent some time dancing on top of the shrine on the boat with another elf. She had great hair. I think she fancies me.

(sharn syndicate and catacombs complete. total xp 98,750, 1911pp, 79hp, 292 sp)
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The adventures of Shaaaron The Elf   The adventures of Shaaaron The Elf EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 7:55 am

I've had to start wearing a mask so that people won't recognise me when I'm relaxing in a tavern. All the attention is nice but sometimes you just want to kick back and enjoy a Dirty Kobold without being pestered for autographs. People are loving having their pictures taken with me when I wear the mask about Stormreach. This guard in particular was so made up that he kept farting with excitment. Ah, the things a superhero has to put up with.

The adventures of Shaaaron The Elf Gimptastic

Today I helped return some dogs to their owner, put out a fire and rescued some dame who was being held captive by orcs in the cerulean hills. The rewards weren't that brilliant but I guess it can't be roses and sunshine all the time. I also went down the stinky sewers to look for these two guards, Arlos and Venn. Found the first, but the second was dead. Frigging kobolds ... they need to be wiped out.

As we were collecting our reward, Frenzy mentioned the black widow bracers to me, told me that I'd find them useful. Well, may be they would have been if they'd been waiting to be chosen from the stash of goodies, but no. Still, I got another eternal wand ... this time of acid splash. Looking forward to trying it out. I may see what's down the auction house later on. Did I mention I was now rich? Found some sucker in the guild who gives me 200 plat for every greater essence I find. Easy money!

(cerulean hill quests and waterworks completed. total xp 114,024 : 8455pp: 79hp: 292sp - no new gear worth mentioning. Current spell selection - mage armor, shield, shield of faith, remove fear, clw, repair light damage, featherfall, nimbus of light - extend metamagic used sparingly. Not using ship buffs yet. AC with spell buffs comes to 25!)
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The adventures of Shaaaron The Elf   The adventures of Shaaaron The Elf EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 4:51 am

I feel the need to make a Public Service Announcement to the mercenaries of Stormreach. Beware of this halfling, Guilliam Feathercrest. His skills of persuation in getting you to part from your plat are uncannily high. I only went in to buy a couple wands for healing and repairing and ended up walking out with eight wands and my purse ten thousand plat lighter. He lurks in outlets of House Jorasco. Don't underestimate him even though he is just a halfling.

The adventures of Shaaaron The Elf Wandvendor

In other news, my training in wizardry continues. I can now cast blur and web. Looking forward to trying out both in the next couple of days. Also, with the aid of one of the wands I can now create flame arrows. This should be helpful in my pursuit of adventure. I feel drawn to House P where many opportunities lie.
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The adventures of Shaaaron The Elf   The adventures of Shaaaron The Elf EmptyThu May 03, 2012 9:04 pm

Been taking time off from being a hero and instead discovered the joys of ale down the Hammersmith's Inn in House Deneith. Been hanging out with the lads there. Nice bunch, and had my eye on Giggs, but after numerous promises to meet me down the sewers for slaughtering various monsters and him failing to turn up, I can only surmise that he is a shyster of the highest order and a commitment phobe. Still, they're a laugh when altogether and I learnt a lot about this game called football which they all claim to be dead good at.

The adventures of Shaaaron The Elf Depths

I think I'll be moving on though. I must remember that I have a job to do, being a hero and generally awesome. Web, by the way, is a disappointing spell, so I swapped it out for Knock which works brilliantly. No door is locked to me now! Mwahaahaaa!

((85hp, 378sp, 19,627pp, 179,714 xp))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The adventures of Shaaaron The Elf   The adventures of Shaaaron The Elf Empty

Back to top Go down

The adventures of Shaaaron The Elf
Page 1 of 1