Squire
Telcara

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: None

Crusader Kings 2 Empty
PostSubject: Crusader Kings 2   Crusader Kings 2 EmptyWed May 02, 2012 6:33 pm

I'm gonna send you to a review which can explain the game better than I can:
http://uk.gamespot.com/crusader-kings-ii/reviews/crusader-kings-ii-review-6350562/

Yes its complex but at the same time really easy. I dislike boring looking map strategy games with armies here and there but I really got hooked on to this one and so did my boyfriend. We have complete different playstyles, he is a conqueror while I'm quietly biding my time looking for a way to marry into successor lines of kingdoms. I'd say its a game which suits many different people. I like taking my time to arrange marriages for my courtiers and vassals, making them like my character, and choose who is going to be tutors for children in my court as the males will stay in my court and I can use them in my council. If I choose wisely I can have some children grow up with mean steward skills for example. These parts my boyfriend completely ignored and they don't interest him at all Very Happy To please his vassals he throws feasts etc, which can have some humours effects but also dangerous (you can get killed in hunting accidents etc). One thing I love is traits. Children can pick them up from tutors but other than that, its random and you can get events that change these. Some traits will make others dislike you, while some will earn you respect.

As the review says, when your starting character dies, you will play as the heir IE your eldest son or daughter if there is no sons. If there are no heirs, game over. The gameplay runs for 400 years and there are scores stuffs etc which to me personally doesn't mean much. A lot of reviews mention conquering and becoming king/ruler but there are reviews which show an alternative, more passive yet enjoyable gameplay. You can ignore wars and such quite easily and focus on the parts that you like.

It has multiplayer mode but I haven't tried it. Hope someone else will put hours into this and become frustrated that their spymaster is too shitty to assassinate people without being detected Razz

Trailer that shows some funny game stuff Laughing

HILARIOUS series of the seven sins.

And the seventh: Piracy, a parody of downloading games. Personally didn't find it funny, and you can enjoy it all with DLC (downloadable content) without purchase. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger
RK Profession: Blacksmith

Crusader Kings 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crusader Kings 2   Crusader Kings 2 EmptyWed May 02, 2012 8:08 pm

huh, im gonna check it out Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.nngo.biz
Achilles_
Admin

Crusader Kings 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crusader Kings 2   Crusader Kings 2 EmptyWed May 02, 2012 9:33 pm

Oh fuck Macs :/
Back to top Go down
Telcara
Squire
Telcara

Character sheet
DDO character:

Crusader Kings 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crusader Kings 2   Crusader Kings 2 EmptyWed May 02, 2012 10:55 pm

We play it on a quite bad laptop, while there isn't much to change in the game to improve performance, there is a settings.txt file in My Documents, things that can make a change is turning off trees and citysprawl. I have draw_postfx and draw_sky off too as I didn't notice anything vital vent missing. I did try to turn off water but that looked plain odd! I don't know why they haven't made them as option in the game but its simply writing yes/no to turn the function on or off...
Back to top Go down
Edrahil
Commoner
Edrahil

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Butcher

Crusader Kings 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crusader Kings 2   Crusader Kings 2 EmptyWed May 02, 2012 11:10 pm

I'm used to playing the Paradox strategy games and I can assure you, once you get used to it, graphics are totally irrelevant. The older versions (including the first CK) all had basic colored maps, no fancy effects, and the result was the same.

In fact, I much prefer the 2d cartoon portraits of the characters from the first game to the 3d versions in CKII.

In any case, turn all graphic effects down, and enjoy the best medieval incest simulator in the market. Awesome game.
Back to top Go down
Achilles_
Admin

Crusader Kings 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crusader Kings 2   Crusader Kings 2 EmptyThu May 03, 2012 12:09 am

I love paradox games too, I have (well had, until I broke my old laptop) all EU games with the expansions. I really want to try this game, but no Mac release yet. There was a beta in february apparently though, so heres hoping.
Back to top Go down
Lordmatthew
Citizen

Crusader Kings 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crusader Kings 2   Crusader Kings 2 EmptyThu May 03, 2012 12:49 am

40 bucks! I will stick with Empire Total War till the price goes down. Looks sooo coool though Sad
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

Crusader Kings 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crusader Kings 2   Crusader Kings 2 EmptyThu May 03, 2012 6:14 am

Lordmatthew wrote:
40 bucks! I will stick with Empire Total War till the price goes down. Looks sooo coool though Sad

torrents cost 40 bucks? Razz
Back to top Go down
Lordmatthew
Citizen

Crusader Kings 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crusader Kings 2   Crusader Kings 2 EmptyThu May 03, 2012 8:51 am

I am dumb,forgot I had utorrent
Back to top Go down
the_flame
Squire

Crusader Kings 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crusader Kings 2   Crusader Kings 2 EmptyThu May 03, 2012 9:00 am

sounds good, i'll try it.
Back to top Go down
Edrahil
Commoner
Edrahil

Character sheet
DDO character:

Crusader Kings 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crusader Kings 2   Crusader Kings 2 EmptyThu May 03, 2012 3:53 pm

Achilles wrote:
I love paradox games too, I have (well had, until I broke my old laptop) all EU games with the expansions. I really want to try this game, but no Mac release yet. There was a beta in february apparently though, so heres hoping.

I'm pretty sure the devs said they did want to port it to macs, but yeah, no idea when that's going to happen.
Back to top Go down
Edrahil
Commoner
Edrahil

Character sheet
DDO character:

Crusader Kings 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crusader Kings 2   Crusader Kings 2 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 2:10 pm

And the heir to my great spanish empire turns out to be gay. God damn you son.

Crusader Kings 2 EmgEt
Back to top Go down
Adik
Commoner

Character sheet
DDO character:

Crusader Kings 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crusader Kings 2   Crusader Kings 2 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 2:51 pm

haha Paradox makes so awesome games Very Happy I personally love EU3, and if I ever get my hands on this one here ill check it out Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Edrahil
Commoner
Edrahil

Character sheet
DDO character:

Crusader Kings 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crusader Kings 2   Crusader Kings 2 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 3:15 pm

Well, this was unexpected, but Prince Sancho the Queer inherited his father soon after that screenshot, defeated all his half-brothers in a short war for the throne, and now has 3 children with the great wife I got him, a princess of the Byzantine empire. I guess my dinasty is safe, for now...

Back to driving the muslim scum off my lawn.
Back to top Go down
Telcara
Squire
Telcara

Character sheet
DDO character:

Crusader Kings 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crusader Kings 2   Crusader Kings 2 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 3:20 pm

Great to hear some people here are playing already! Its hilarious... The copy that you buy is actually a download from steam. I don't like Steam so you can guess what path I take.

I started with a female duchess in Östergötland, Sweden with the help of the Character Designer (an extra bit you have to buy or ARRR). She started with 3 counties, of which one belonged to a vassal. He died of a natural death (I swear!). She married the heir to Denmark but because they have elective succession the old senile king couldn't make up his mind of which son would inherit it so it was back and forth. If I had the funds and a competent spymaster I could have assassinated my way to it. Declaring war for it was out of questions with my shitty troops.

The king of Denmark and the King of Sweden were declaring holy wars on some heretics. I was being verrryyy sneaky. Their bigass armies would be in the way of any army trying to defeat me, so I claimed a few counties. The King of Sweden gave me a county so I would be happy. Voila, 6 counties. I've then fabricated claims on two which are nearby. My character died after a short period of illness at the age of 45. Just before, she had changed the succession laws to selective instead (I and any vassals of mine elect who is the next heir) of gavelkind (where all heirs get a piece of the cake). So if I had 9 counties and 3 sons, all 3 sons would get 3 counties each. As the next character I play as would be the heir, I would start with a character with only 3 counties after all the effort to claim the 9. There are ways to work around this dividing of the cake. She was quite disliked by the time she died, I mean being possessed by demons and all. Shocked

So, her heir was a dwarf and I discovered that dwarves will like other dwarves. His sister is a hunchback, luckily she could be married away despite that. He has one heir now and twin daughters, of which one is ugly - at least they aren't identical twins! Because the crown laws are low I can now eat away some of my King's counties that some weak dukes hold. Then I can become independent. Or somehow get the hands on the Kingdom of Sweden. I've yet to figure out how to do that. I can nominate myself so I suppose I can bribe others to nominate me so that I become the heir. I need to figure that one out.

Edwin had one heck of a gameplay. He's playing in Poland and his character's first wife cheated on him. The event that popped up was "My wife is pregnant but I was away, wasn't I?" and after 9 months... its the king of Poland she's been sleeping with! He divorced her and got remarried. She squeezed out 5 daughters, no male heir. And apparently didn't like him cheating on her as she went to the church convent or something. He got remarried again and after some time still no male heir, what the heck, I'll just go with this daughter as she is competent. What happens, oh yes, he gets a son! Nothing a dagger won't solve... Laughing
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

Crusader Kings 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crusader Kings 2   Crusader Kings 2 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 6:10 pm

i cant seem to figure out this game Sad

its so confusing, maybe because i really want to start with a home made character in napoli Razz
Back to top Go down
Edrahil
Commoner
Edrahil

Character sheet
DDO character:

Crusader Kings 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crusader Kings 2   Crusader Kings 2 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 7:19 pm

Napoli is not a bad idea to start with, small counties are better to pick up how things work. Starting as a king is usually a bad idea, since you also have to manage vassals getting mad for random shit and rebelling on you.

What version is everyone playing? We could try an nngo multiplayer match Razz
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

Crusader Kings 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crusader Kings 2   Crusader Kings 2 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 9:58 pm

1.05e?

the launcher things says its updated
Back to top Go down
Telcara
Squire
Telcara

Character sheet
DDO character:

Crusader Kings 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crusader Kings 2   Crusader Kings 2 EmptySat May 05, 2012 8:59 pm

Start with a lil shit somewhere and learn by trial and error. The tutorial can be helpful but it just isn't set up that well. Best to start as a duke or such with only a few counties. I found that to be the best way to learn. If anyone came up that I didn't know what to answer to, I saved first.
Back to top Go down
Lordmatthew
Citizen

Crusader Kings 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crusader Kings 2   Crusader Kings 2 EmptyMon May 07, 2012 5:52 pm

Anto, which torrent link did you use? I keep getting these annoying skidrow links/
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

Crusader Kings 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crusader Kings 2   Crusader Kings 2 EmptyMon May 07, 2012 6:56 pm

Crusader Kings II 105b RePack by SxSxL:

http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/7201402/Crusader_Kings_II___1.05b__amp_amp__Ruler_Designer_DLC

(I am pretty sure that is the link I used, even tho it was uploaded by an anon it is legit)

The installer is in Russian, but is easy to figure out. Once installed, you can update the game through the launch screen, you don't need a crack- it's a legit copy with all the downloadable content. The game is in English.

Its a shame I can't really figure this game out, since it works pretty brilliantly. Does make me want to dust off my copy of warband tho Razz
Back to top Go down
Lordmatthew
Citizen

Crusader Kings 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crusader Kings 2   Crusader Kings 2 EmptyMon May 07, 2012 7:50 pm

Thanks a bunch
Back to top Go down
eiodain
Citizen

Crusader Kings 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crusader Kings 2   Crusader Kings 2 EmptyTue May 08, 2012 2:12 pm

While were on the subject any one ever Play TOTAL WAR?
Back to top Go down
Telcara
Squire
Telcara

Character sheet
DDO character:

Crusader Kings 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crusader Kings 2   Crusader Kings 2 EmptyTue May 08, 2012 2:21 pm

Yeah that's the one I have too. Anto, don't give up on the game! If someone like me who usually hate these types of games can figure it out...!

I had changed from gavelkind to elective succession yes. I favoured my eldest daughter as heir. I had read something about that when you educate your children, they will pick up the culture of their tutor so I made sure my heir would become Baque (apparently enables you to build Cabellor Training Stable in castles for ponies). I wanted to give females the same inheritance rights as men and also have female councillors. I changed the inheritance law to absolute cognatic, ok the females can inherit now but I can't put them as bishops etc... If anyone knows how... =P You might laugh (especially you Edrahil!) but I don't like how women are so useless. And with a female ruler everyone thinks -10 of you...

My starting character died, good good cause nearly everyone was 'outraged by succession change -50' lulz. The eldest daughter then got the possessed trait soon after and got excommunicated. And she was gluttonous. Let's see, possessed -25, excommunicated -30, Gluttnous -20 (or so), and because most vassals are male: attraction to gluttonous -15. That's nearly -100! I tried playing but ZOMG... I had to give up and go back to the latest save 7 years earlier before all that shit. I didn't get possessed then but I got a nickname... "Duchess Alma "The Drunk" of Östergötland". WTF?! I didn't even have the drunkard trait... But phew was a lot easier to play when not being excommunicated. She fabricated some claims on swedish counties, munched them and died of Syphillis at 50. I blame her new husband... While she was munching away on the counties she also made herself independent. Poland waged war and then she died, which should've made the war stop I thought... but her eldest daughter Moa had to deal with that and won of course. She was betrothed to a prince of Norway and could've got whole Norway with some assassinations. As fate wanted she got assassinated herself before she even married him. Sad Short rule there, I had barely changed the council dammit. At least I chose another heir first. Her sister (Alma "The Drunk" had 3 daughters and 2 sons), so the third sister Aime because she had 20 stewardship as well as her husband. Rulers get half of their spouses skills, a high stewardship lets you hold more counties. Alma could hold 11, and Moa only 7... so I had to give them away to vassals. And Aime could hold 11. Sniff, that's 4 more counties. I'm starting to see the downside of elective succession. I got like 10 land owners to keep happy and all vote for my heir. This is where I'm now and hoping to munch away more of Sweden.

I forgot to mention.. Edwin's curse with wives... there was another wife too, to the same character I mentioned. He had assassinated himself to the Kingdom of Poland but got imprisoned. The wife then thought she could use some money for shopping and 30 gold disappeared way too often for his liking. The spymaster caught her stealing funds. I think Edwin chose to execute her for that Razz
Back to top Go down
Lordmatthew
Citizen

Crusader Kings 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crusader Kings 2   Crusader Kings 2 EmptyTue May 08, 2012 3:46 pm

Im a total war god.

Crusader Kings if fucking awesome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Crusader Kings 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crusader Kings 2   Crusader Kings 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Crusader Kings 2
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next