AuthorMessage
Lance
Knight
Lance

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Whiskey Distiller

Funny stuff. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 9:22 pm

Bella_catorina wrote:
Obviously someone who didn't like him Laughing

Now that we can agree on Wink
Back to top Go down
Aalish
Citizen
Aalish

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Baker

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 9:55 pm

Aww poor Lance, I think this is a sign for a trip.
Back to top Go down
Sephrenia
Citizen
Sephrenia

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Baker

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 10:03 pm

Angeljoy25 wrote:
You have so got to be kidding me!

Who was the judge?

K.... erm Madkcat, wasn't it?

Other funnys, now everything offsite is out of character apparently. I'm ignoring that theory, cos my Irvine offsite is just absolutely awesome right now and we're actually getting on with writing out our story because hey - we don't have to go on proper forums and wade through the nonsense or get dragged into it Laughing
Back to top Go down
Bekah
Noble
Bekah

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Blacksmith

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 7:24 pm

If you have people that pissed off at you, it shows that you are doing it right Lance. Though if Torpedojoe is involved, nothing surprises me, that and Madkcat mmm, I remember that face when it wore another name ...
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 5:26 am

Two new hits for today:

Arckangels wrote:
Dont worry for that paddy.....

It is not suprising that she has done that. And to be honest i would have been more ashame to have received any title or honor from that lady regent even more then wen we were push out from carlisle by 4 ennemies army after having whitstand so manys attack and days of siege.

And i have more respect for my ennemies then her has they stab from the front.....

The greatest honor was To do my duty and to served the poeples of Cumberland and England in protecting thems.

Has for my intrusion in scotland well if my army would have been bigger i could have taken the town has they were not even ready for a battle.theire general was quite indisposed.....instead i trade whit thems and it force the duchess penny to speak to us has she did not respond to mail......a week or 2 later well we received an official message of an offer of trade.......so it was not that bad after all....

only there pride were hurt has my army was so small....Very Happy and probably lady janet proud to......for what it's worth........

the only problem is that now well it's yiet again the dam cambell that are in power.......so i guess like any talk whit thems it goes up to the wind.

Osbert wrote:
If you, your town, and your county are still slumbering and not preparing for the next round, the same mistakes are destined to be repeated.

Is it mere coincidence that a level 3 port is being constructed in Whithorn?
Is it mere coincidence that NNGO was heavily involved in the finacining and construction of said port?
Is it mere coincidence that the said criminal organization has gone even further underground?

I hope that in this time of "peace", your eyes and ears serve you well...
Back to top Go down
Lance
Knight
Lance

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 1:08 pm

Forgot to mention that both Drummore and Kirk will be level 2 ports soon as well . . .

Where's all this money all you people are supposedly giving us? Razz
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 5:35 pm

Kelster wrote:
Well it's pretty plain you don't live on the border with Scotland and have no idea as to what a state of war is. Everyday in Cumberland we watch the border and the situation in Scotland. The troubles in Glasgow county at the moment, the Campbell's getting ready for what Campbell's do. If you think we are at peace, that is England, then you obviously don't live in Cumberland, we have to live with it everyday, the thought of being attacked. If you declare that England is at peace that's fine, but if you believe it, you are a fool. That is of course, unless the regent now thinks that Cumberland and possibly Lancaster is no longer a part of England?
Back to top Go down
Bekah
Noble
Bekah

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 7:41 pm

And what have the Campbells done to put the fear of deities into them? I am very out of touch with most politics and especially Scottish politics.
Back to top Go down
Lance
Knight
Lance

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 8:20 pm

Eh, we just do random raids across the border every now and again . . . never actually hurt them, just for fun Razz.

People's imagination is often far worse then reality . . .
Back to top Go down
Bekah
Noble
Bekah

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 2:03 pm

You're a Campbell? Embarassed Boy am I glad I didn't say anything bad about them lol! Not that I would, I have to meet people to form an opinion of them.

*Looks at Lance*

Mmmm, time will tell Razz
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 5:03 pm

Robbery - WoS robbed - ROFL

Thread in Lancasters inn ^^

After being blocked from England for so long, now I'm really enjoying it Very Happy

Winstanley wrote:
Poor old Eve, one time Lancastrian and current WoS seems to have been robbed by bad characters on the road...

All together now...aaah!

Dry, Kuprenex and Plutogirl on the Preston Manchester road if you are thinking of travelling.

Back to top Go down
Bekah
Noble
Bekah

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 6:06 pm

And she is crying about it? One, she should know better, and two, instead of trying to get you prosecuted she should have spoken to you lot first. I used to have respect for the WoS, but now I am starting to wonder what is going on with them.
Back to top Go down
Donnor
Knight
Donnor

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 6:27 pm

ROFL...Priceless! IS she a self proclaimed WoS? If so, are they making fun of her for it? lol
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 11:49 pm

Quote :
Date : 09/11/2010 - 13:49:49
Titre : Greetings
Greetings Smile

I know we've never met but I have a situation you might be able to help me with.

I'm a member of the WoS and I heard this morning that another of our members had an unexpected encounter with you and a companion last night. During that encounter you were kind enough to assist her in relieving her of her burden. The problem is that she was in the process of moving and is now destitute and stranded. I realize that it was perhaps not the wisest of moves for her to travel without safe-guarding her worldly possessions, but what is life without a series of live and learn lessons?

I'd like to appeal to your sense of chivalry to help this damsel in distress by returning these goods. I would also consider this an act of, shall we say, professional courtesy? Wink

Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
~Liza Wolf

No deals Very Happy Its either PP and the judge who pays the money or me. And the wolf seems to be quite sensitive it seems:

Eve23 wrote:
Winstanley, as I've never done anything to Lancaster or it's citizens, other than help and volunteer when needed, I think it's charming that you find it so amusing to belittle my attack.

You know, I've had a gutsful of being shat on in the forums because I happen to have allied myself with a particular group. If ever you're wondering why populations are falling and people aren't staying around to play this game, then take a look at how you treat people in here. After 2 1/2 of playing, I really am ready to just walk away.

Thanks for the memories.
Back to top Go down
Boris
Commoner
Boris

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 1:20 am

Soooo many reasons to quit.

How long before admins introduce the "tumbleweed" graphic for towns?
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 2:24 am

I keep saying they should make it like Silent Hill. Ya show up on an abandoned node and the ghosts of all the past eradicated people try to kill you. And if you manage to actually be able to survive there longterm, good hideout. Razz
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 3:42 am

Plotnik wrote:
Well said, Jack.

He has many reasons. But in short, Glasgow is about £220.000 in debt, more-or-less. They agreed to go deeper into debt to buy their upgraded port, to build more trade ships, on the gamble that trade will bring in great sums of money and allow them to get out of debt.

Coupled with that, was some extensive ... and I mean pages and pages of reading ... economic reforms. For instance, in Stirling, if I recall correctly, the county tax is £50 per corn field. Why? Because he wants another city to specialize in corn. Corn mass in this city, meat mass in that city, and so on, and so forth, and that DEMANDS the cities trade with each other for the resources.

Each city specializes in producing certain somethings. And the incentive to do it, is a county tax that is excessive on the things the Duke doesn't want produced in THAT city. If four cities are taxed £50 for corn, then one city won't be taxes on corn fields. Et cetera.

By taking Lazy's basic ideas of a government-controlled economy, The Duke of Clan Glasgow takes it to the next step, backing his ducal decrees with the army of the county, and that of Fury, and that of the clans who support him. The economy is state-controlled. The economy is state-run.

He admits this will fail if the county is not highly active. He admits that cities will crumble unless their mayors are actively involved with the council, and the neighboring cities. It is a dangerous gambit he makes.

But you know what? I think Glasgow can make it work. To most Glaswegians, the Duke is a benevolent dictator. And most of them support him. The others... disagree with him violently, but they are, so far, the minority. If the people support his iron fisted policies, and if the elected officials work their fingers to the bones writing grants and working trades, then County Glasgow is set to be the most powerful and richest of the English-speaking counties by the end of next year.

If not... they'll continue being the most out-of-the-way English speaking county in the world. Meh.

The border policy is just part of his strict control. He decides who comes and goes. And, frankly, his county has a lot of enemies in the rest of Scotland. So he is able to reduce the number of hostile people who might wish harm to his county, and he reduces the hostile trade with other counties.

Many of you might still remember how Sussex, many years ago, used to send out traders with massive quantities of supplies in a grant, and dump it on markets of anyone not friendly with Sussex. Glasgow has policies in effect now, to defend themselves from this. Defend with force, if they need. To Glasgow, killing outsiders is acceptable. If you're not sponsored by a local, then the locals hold you in xenophobic disdain. If you go to Glasgow without permission, expect to be 1) robbed and 2) killed, not necessarily in that order. Unless they welcome you in advance, you are not welcome.

It's just their culture.

I pray the duke is successful in his goals. But I do not like his policies - not one bit. Freedom is far more important to me, than his goals. But his intentions are pure, but his morals and methods are distasteful to me. Judge for yourself. And let history judge, whether he will be a great Scot, or a greatly cursed Scot.

Plotnik wrote:
Word has come down from the north, that Glasgow is now embroiled in a civil war. Blood has been spilled - "Clan Glasgow" is at war with itself. Details are still sparse.

My earlier statement that much of Glasgow supports the Duke might have been a bit too... naïve. Clearly, my understand of Scotland continues to need more study.

The Scots once again make war upon themselves. Which is why their king revoked their right to form a national government years ago. What can we learn from our neighbors?

Veshess wrote:
Plotnik wrote:
Word has come down from the north, that Glasgow is now embroiled in a civil war. Blood has been spilled - "Clan Glasgow" is at war with itself. Details are still sparse.

LMAO
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 1:05 pm

Quote :
Aggnes wrote:
Ldylew wrote:
If anyone wants to teach G.I. today. Go ahead. I leave for work in an hour.

I see Dry's doing it. That's almost ironic, in a way, though having him teaching Law would be even more so.

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 3:06 pm

Bboblzs wrote:
Word from the South.

Rumors that "a known war criminal" has been allowed to teach at the Lancaster university seems to have spread to southern counties very quickly as I was confronted with it last night in a tavern in Bristol. It is however only half the truth that have been spread, and English soldiers who have tried getting teaching jobs in Lancaster in the past without any luck are somewhat offended.

I do not suggest advertising this around but I do suggest that the Rector should be ready to explain to people outside of Lancaster how Dry was simply lucky to get to sub by being at the right place at the right time as filling slots is of large priority. It seems to be something that people find very hard to understand.
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 5:23 am

Rolling Eyes

Remmi wrote:
I am not a pretentious man. I believe I am a fair and just man. I have fought to keep Ayr clean of controversy, as I know the dangers of warfare. However, this has gone far enough now.

While we don't go looking for trouble, when we see injustice in Scotland I believe we should respond to it. I've now been told that the entirety of the McTavish and Fraser clans will be tried for treason and hung. There are also other citizens of Scotland that are standing against Fury in Glasgow like our loyal Maddog and a founder of Scotland itself: LFA.

Dracmuller was already sentenced with death (with a case any high justice would overturn) in Glasgow and several new cases are being posted today. Along with other McTavish from Galloway our beloved Ayrish residents will be tried and hung also.
Funny stuff. - Page 4 Glasgowcasesnov14
Just because they aren't all from Ayr does not mean they don't deserve our support and defense. I don't believe any man should be executed just for forming an army.

I've been asked to sign this petition to the King and I have done so. It is your choice if you choose to sign it:

http://forum.renaissancekingdoms.com/viewtopic.php?t=1521106&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=&sid=d7aQ2DPfBknpp9cZYGaWPzvPQ

Here are a few words from the Duke of Galloway on the matter:
Alistair243 wrote:
[rp]People of Galloway I wish to inform you to whats going on in the north and the councils decision pertaining to it.
As you can read and see for yourself in the Highland Halls Dracmuller MacTavish is being executed by the county of Glasgow. The case was without proof and whatsmore against the kings wishes to charge individual soldiers in a war. I am personally disgusted by Glasgows actions and as such I am withdrawing my request to build a ship for Galloway there.

...Well i expected more civility that this especially from Barerose but it appears hes no better than Fury when it comes to a fair trial.[/rp]
I would like to support Alistair, Duke of Galloway in saying that we will not agree with Glasgow in this action and will seek to stop further unfair sentences being imposed.

The crimes against MacTavish are simply existing and that one traveler died while they were defending their town against the Fury army. I have proof that the majority of Bevin's army is Fury. Here's one example:
Funny stuff. - Page 4 Jasmynefury

I post this to inform the people of Ayr but also to make a statement that we are watching you Glasgow. Wink

LFA founder of Scotland ? Shocked I wont even comment other stuff.
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 12:37 am

Amelia_suffolk wrote:
A strike against the harbour project is a strike against tyranny!

The townhall resources of Ardencaple have been syphoned off to help fund goods needed for the harbour project--NOT for the good of the town itself.

Do not take up employment in the harbour project. It hurts--not helps--the County--and consumes scarce natural resources that are needed by residents and citizens.

STRIKE AGAINST THE HARBOUR PROJECT!!!!

*Amelia thinks dreamily to herself that such shipyard strikes may be a very powerful tool sometime in the far far future.....perhaps those in the future will recall the example set here*

Amelia_suffolk wrote:
Given the extreme scarcity of basic resources in Glasgow, with no sign of that improving any time soon due to the tax scheme in place, the spiralling county debt, and the plunging county prestige, many of us in Glasgow request that no orders for ships be put into place.

It does not help the County in any way. It simply lines the pockets of those who likewise are clamouring to use scarce resources and workers for their own benefit in building a larger harbour.

Ardencaple and the County of Glasgow benefit neither from the ship building work nor the building of the harbour.

Mines are shut and not maintained. Instead the goods are being used in something that is entirely unnecessary and a drain on what little remains of a viable economy of the County of Glasgow.

Many of us request that no orders be placed until such time that the basic needs of the County have been addressed and fixed.

She has a point, I guess we should use part of funds in order to build lunatic asylum in Glasgow Smile
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 1:05 am

Amelia_suffolk wrote:
I'm a little lad that loves strawberries and cream.
Funny stuff. - Page 4 Berriesandcream

Fixed. Cool

You guys haven't booted her out the county yet?
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 1:14 am

She's got stealth pack, doesnt move and is in retreat: only comes to whine on forums Smile
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 2:18 am

How does she get on forums when she's in retreat? I'd like to know this trick.
Back to top Go down
Lance
Knight
Lance

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 7:14 am

Her existence is proof that Jah exists . . . and he hates all Scots
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Funny stuff.   Funny stuff. - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Funny stuff.
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next