5 posters
AuthorMessage
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet
DDO character: Paladin
RK Profession: Weaver

Necro I (and maybe II) Empty
PostSubject: Necro I (and maybe II)   Necro I (and maybe II) EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 1:24 pm

Hey all, I kinda buggered up my Necro experience and need to rerun the whole thing again so I can touch my trinket on the altar at the end. I can only do weekends at the moment and would like to do this as a guild run so we can do it slowly without the pressure of hotheads hurrying you up all the time.

Who'd be up for it and when? (Probably next weekend now...)
Back to top Go down
Aidan
Noble
Aidan

Character sheet
DDO character: Fighter
RK Profession: None

PostSubject: Re: Necro I (and maybe II)   Necro I (and maybe II) EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 5:02 pm

when abouts? timewise
Back to top Go down
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Necro I (and maybe II)   Necro I (and maybe II) EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 6:30 pm

Just in case people didn't know, it's P2P, so you either need to be a VIP or buy the adventure pack.

As I live in Europe, it'd most probably be quite late on Friday night or at some point on Saturday/Sunday during the day, depending on when our friends on the other side of the pond are available Smile
Back to top Go down
Dee_Snider
Knight
Dee_Snider

Character sheet
DDO character: Wizard
RK Profession: Blacksmith

PostSubject: Re: Necro I (and maybe II)   Necro I (and maybe II) EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 1:21 am

A little hint about upgrading the silver flame trinket at each "end crypt" in Necro 1, 2, and 3:

Necro 1 (Bloody Crypt): Can be upgraded from trinket to amulet only (run once).

Necro 2 (Shadow Crypt): Can be upgraded from trinket to amulet and amulet to pendant (run 2 times).

Necro 3 (Cursed Crypt): Can be upgraded from trinket to amulet, amulet to pendant, and pendant to talisman (run 3 times).

Just like in Necro 3, you can also upgrade from the trinket to the talisman in the Necro 4 Ascension Chamber raid (run 3 times). You can then run it a fourth time and upgrade the talisman to a selection of silver flame "nuggets" (a shield, helm, armor, shirt, robe, or docent), but it is not worth sacrificing the talisman for a nugget, IMO. Here is more information about that.

If you are doing quests where there are beholders (Tempest's Spine, Invaders, Hound of Xoriat, etc.), then the talisman or the pendant are very useful for having deathblock in the neck slot, freeing up other equipment slots for higher-end gear. Deathblock protects you against: Finger of death, Phantasmal Killer, Wail of Banshee, Slay Living, Destruction, and Immolation. It is essential to have when around beholders, because beholders debuff spells (but not songs) cast on you (including the more powerful death ward spell), leaving your equipment (with or without deathblock) as the last barrier between you and beholder insta-death. Laughing When encountering beholders, you can see this one-two punch happen when the word "Antimagic field" comes up (spells debuffed, plus you can't cast more), followed very quickly by laser beams and then death (if you don't have deathblock).

Btw, you do not have to own all the Necro adventure packs to upgrade the trinket (nor do you need to do the packs in any particular order - they are all independent of one another). Whatever is the highest level pack you own is the highest that you can upgrade your trinket. If you are VIP then of course you have access to all packs. Another alternative is to have someone buy you a 90-minute pass to Necro 3 and then window farm Cursed Crypt three times quickly.

Furthermore, you don't actually have to do the 4 pre-quests for each end crypt (Necro 1, 2, and 3) if you have someone who can open each end crypt for you. You won't get your end reward if you haven't done all the pre-quests, but you will still have access to the altar to upgrade your trinket/amulet/pendant, you'll get the full XP, as well as all the loot inside the tomb.

FYI, I would not waste my money on Necro 2 unless you absolutely need the favor/XP - that pack is worse than the pit.

Back to top Go down
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Necro I (and maybe II)   Necro I (and maybe II) EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 5:30 am

Worse than the pit? That surely isn't possible...

So what you're saying is, do Necro I, skip Necro II and go straight onto Necro III and run the last part twice to upgrade the trinket to the talisman?

I came across a beholder when I did a quest this weekend. I can't remember the name of it but it involved disspelling a lot of barriers (using runes), fighting a lot of great iron defenders and there were also some pretty nasty warforged in there too. We entered via the caravan right next to Tempest's Spine... Anyway, one thing I noticed is that I kept getting messages telling me that I was dropping levels! The first time was one level and the second time was 5 levels. So by the end of the fight it was if I had my level 5 skills all over again :s

Will you be free to run it with us (albeit slowly) Dee?
Back to top Go down
Dee_Snider
Knight
Dee_Snider

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Necro I (and maybe II)   Necro I (and maybe II) EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 5:58 am

Ah yes, that is Dreams of Insanity I think - nasty quest.

Last time I ran it, the person responsible for the runes couldn't make their jumps in the rafters in the end room and we all died. Laughing

Yeah, skip Necro 2 unless you are VIP or you already own it. If you're high enough level to run Dreams of Insanity, then you should have no problem running the Cursed Crypt twice - good XP too (bring your silver/holy/metalline weapons).

The talisman will help with that level drain (aka enervation - another thing beholders are famous for besides insta-killing you). There's 10 charges on the talisman that absorb negative energy (and can be recharged at a shrine). It keeps track of the charges too, so if you had 5 negative levels cast on you by a beholder, the talisman would have eaten those instead and the necklace icon would have shown 5 charges left.

In the meantime if that happens again, ask your cleric or pally for restoration.

I'd be happy to try running it again sometime - hope you can jump! Smile

Btw, here is what beholders cast.

Back to top Go down
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Necro I (and maybe II)   Necro I (and maybe II) EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 6:31 am

I have boots of the mire and a jump helmet, although I'm still pretty useless at jumping (that's my own fault though, nothing to do with my Pally Very Happy).

So, if I'm running these sorts of quests, is it a good idea for me, as a lvl 11 Pally to have my restoration spell ready?

I really need to rerun the whole Necro I chain cos I messed up somewhere and want to start afresh. Does it cause a problem if you have both trinkets on you? I had the emerald one and the silver flame one.
Back to top Go down
Dee_Snider
Knight
Dee_Snider

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Necro I (and maybe II)   Necro I (and maybe II) EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 7:02 am

I carry restoration scrolls on my pally in case I get negative levels (or someone else does).

I never do get negative levels though because I always wear the talisman. Wink

I didn't think you could carry both trinkets on you at the same time.

I'd ditch the emerald claw one so there's no problems upgrading the silver flame one.
Back to top Go down
Dee_Snider
Knight
Dee_Snider

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Necro I (and maybe II)   Necro I (and maybe II) EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 1:14 am

So here's a story about the Silver Flame Talisman and how important it is around beholders...

I've run "Invaders!" (F2P) a few times the past week to test out my new talisman and for outsider tokens (want my ring hehe).

There's about 20 beholders (and many reavers) in Invaders, which is a good proving ground to see if you are "beholder-proof".

Last Invaders run, an unprepared cleric was leading the group and complaining how he's out of scrolls, mana, etc.

As the only bard in the group, I'm not a dedicated healer, but I do carry tons of healing items (wands, scrolls, pots).

I'm also the only one in the group with a Silver Flame Talisman, 32 strength, and a set of icy/flaming burst greataxes.

Thus, I'm not only killing beholders left and right, but I'm also healing people (while the cleric hides in the back - lol).

The cleric is whining about being out of mana and how the shrine is used up (ran it on hard and he shot all his mana early).

So as our leader, Mr. Cleric runs us all over hell's half-acre telling us to stick together while people are asking to use the shrine.

No biggie because I don't need mana (I'm scroll & wand healing) - but I look down at my talisman - oops - 0 charges left.

Oh well, I still have deathblock, I think to myself - the shrine can wait - they're getting healed OK.

Next beholder we see I first kill a few stray ice/fire reavers, then roll a 1 on a disintegrate ray - 200 HP damage *dead* Laughing

The talisman would have absorbed that as one of my negative energy charges, but I was out of charges (i.e. no shrine).

Disintegrate is a nasty, nasty spell - deathblock and deathward don't block it - no spell resistance either (talisman ftw).

That's one of the reasons tanks need to have a lot of HP in raids - they need to be able to take 200 HP disintegrate hits.

After raising me, the cleric then makes the epic comment that he should have brought more rez scrolls than heal scrolls - lol.

I bit my tongue and upon completion, I politely thanked everyone for the group and split.

I love my talisman and will shrine it dutifully from now on (regardless of what a n00b cleric orders) - hehe.

Necro I (and maybe II) SilverFlameTalisman

Last edited by Dee_Snider on Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Necro I (and maybe II)   Necro I (and maybe II) EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 6:11 am

How long does a charge last?

It is now looking less and less likely that I'll be able to connect to the internet this weekend as my move has been brought forwards and I'll therefore be pretty much without internet for a week or two Sad
Back to top Go down
Dee_Snider
Knight
Dee_Snider

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Necro I (and maybe II)   Necro I (and maybe II) EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 6:19 am

Charges are instantly taken away after each spell or energy beam successfully hits you.

You have 10 charges to burn off the talisman until you have to start relying on your saves.

Beholders aren't the only thing that take the charges away.

Anywhere there are casters, the talisman will help out.

I hear ya - when I moved this past summer I didn't have internet for 3 weeks.

Back to top Go down
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Necro I (and maybe II)   Necro I (and maybe II) EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 9:23 am

I might be able to get online tonight, if anyone's up for it... it depends on my connection though as I've got a USB stick thingy (it's supposed to be able to go up to 7.5 Mb but we'll see...).
Back to top Go down
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Necro I (and maybe II)   Necro I (and maybe II) EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 11:43 am

USB stick seems to be working a treat! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bellz
Knight
Bellz

Location : in a galexy far far away or Khyber... or stuck at work dreaming of Hawaii

Character sheet
DDO character: Cleric
RK Profession: Baker

PostSubject: Re: Necro I (and maybe II)   Necro I (and maybe II) EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 1:07 pm

I'll be on later today and willing to run them with ya, I'll use Cari tho she's close to your level.

And Dee, I love necro 2. That one quest is a rogues fantasy Wink
Back to top Go down
Dee_Snider
Knight
Dee_Snider

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Necro I (and maybe II)   Necro I (and maybe II) EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 1:21 pm

Ran all the quests in Necro 4 today, got my sigil, which means I'm now flagged for Litany of the The Dead.

After the smoke cleared I had gone from level 13 to level 15 with the current 25% XP boost. lol

Have fun in Necro 2, Bella! Very Happy You need to come do the elite traps in Inferno of the Damned - ow da roofs movin'! What a Face
Back to top Go down
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Necro I (and maybe II)   Necro I (and maybe II) EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 11:59 am

So, I finally finished Necro I, got duped into doing a quest from Necro II (the one where you have to run around putting lights out and then kill Nsu), didn't like it very much. Then I ran 2 from Necro III and ran around like a headless chicken while the others did all the work.

Had a strange bug though for half of the second one. The first one we did was with the holy water and I didn't realise we were FOing, so I was running around being chased by oozes, I finally managed to get out, but I had bog rot or whatever it is and resting at the tavern didn't work. So I ran the first part of the 2nd quest (lots of ice monsters) with this disease which kept damaging all my stats. I eventually went into super slo mo and got killed which fixed it, then I had to wait til the group took me to a shrine.

Must say I'm not loving Necro III but then and again, it is my level (11/12) and we did it on hard, so it should be challenging I suppose.

I still want to finish the other two quests in Necro III and then farm the final part to update my amulet.
Back to top Go down
Seldomseen
Knight

Character sheet
DDO character: Cleric
RK Profession: Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: Necro I (and maybe II)   Necro I (and maybe II) EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 3:22 pm

Does it matter what level you run the quest on, ie can you do necro3 on normal 3 times and get the talisman
Back to top Go down
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Necro I (and maybe II)   Necro I (and maybe II) EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 9:35 pm

As I've been led to believe you can farm the last part to upgrade it.

I've done all of Necro I and upgraded my talisman once, then I did the last part of Necro III only (helping out some others) and upgraded it to the second lvl.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Necro I (and maybe II)   Necro I (and maybe II) Empty

Back to top Go down

Necro I (and maybe II)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All your Nachos are belong to us! :: DDO :: All Things DDO-
Jump to: