Join us at our NEW forum: www.nngo.biz
All your Nachos are belong to us!
Join us at our NEW forum: www.nngo.biz
All your Nachos are belong to us!

~NNGO IZ SRS BSNS~

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» TORN
Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. EmptyMon Oct 29, 2018 3:03 pm by anto_capone

» Ridiculously rough draft ideas
Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. EmptyMon Jul 09, 2018 7:50 pm by James

» The Music Thread!
Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. EmptyThu Feb 08, 2018 1:19 pm by Trinity

» How's life treating ya?
Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. EmptyMon Feb 05, 2018 8:06 am by Trinity

» Games to Replace RK - Reviews
Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. EmptySat Dec 23, 2017 7:28 pm by Bekah

» Queen of Ireland
Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. EmptySat Dec 23, 2017 12:28 am by jaqk

» RPG Maker
Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. EmptySat Nov 18, 2017 9:52 pm by Trinity

» Fight of Ages
Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. EmptyFri Nov 17, 2017 8:43 pm by Trinity

» Access to NNGO Forums
Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. EmptySat Oct 28, 2017 2:28 pm by gonads

» Laugh of the day
Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. EmptySat Oct 21, 2017 9:40 pm by Bekah

Navigation
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 215 on Tue May 18, 2021 2:52 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Discord

Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.

Go down 
+34
Achilles_
Alessandra_oct
Tod_Whitesnow
WhiteSnow
Telcara
ArcaneJill
Ragehammer
Angeljoy25
Devin
Edrahil
Corinna
Aidan
Bekah
Mikhaila
Edwin
Motherlucka
Roxxane
Donnor
_Melissa.
Mick
Beth
Aalish
Magogh
Ziona
Zakku
Toasti Jen
Grace
Boris
Lance
anto_capone
Bellz
Sephrenia
Elois
Likaios
38 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Likaios
Commoner
Likaios

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: None

Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. Empty
PostSubject: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 12:00 pm

And the nazi regime of censorship gets a little worse. The one and only spam thread in the CCC has been locked now with no good reason provided. I'm asking the censor council for their reasoning here: http://forum.renaissancekingdoms.com/viewtopic.php?p=58956466&

Would appreciate any support anyone feels like offering. Just know we'll probably all get bans.

(And yes, right now I have no points, so if they ban me it's cause of this thread alone.)
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 12:08 pm

I dunno if you were around when they closed the spam thread in Scotland and moved it to the Lounge but...
The reasoning they gave over there is that because the national forums are supposed to be RP only, they wanted to get rid of any threads that are not meant to be RP.

I don't mind Wombat so much when I think of the alternatives. Like Anteater.

I hate that they locked it though. It was nice, warm and welcoming to me. I think all the national forums should at least have an off topic section, because we don't need to share all off topic threads with the entire English speaking, RK world.
Back to top Go down
Likaios
Commoner
Likaios

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 12:24 pm

Okay, so why can't we have IC spam? That's what this thread was usually regarded as. How is IC spam less RP than the many barely IC political threads? It just doesn't make any sense.

Sorry El, I know you're not speaking in favor of this, but I'm incredibly frustrated right now. I've tried very hard to follow the rules and such, but it just seems like they're determined to kill the forums.
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 12:57 pm

They seem to be under the impression that they can train us if they just give us a narrow guideline to follow. But what they get are just more frustrated, unhappy players. It's not as if we're there in abundance and the spammers are ruining it all. There's not much left to ruin. At least not on forum. Laughing

If they want the game to only have a bunch of stuckup, roleplay purists, then they're going to have to advertise exclusively at places like ren faires, Medieval Times, Colonial Williamsburg, acting guilds, and the English/history/acting departments of universities. Rolling Eyes And if they could squeeze out enough quarters after that, who really needs Celcius?
Back to top Go down
Likaios
Commoner
Likaios

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 1:19 pm

Yeah. :/

It's not the censor's job to decide how everyone should play though, just to provide a good/safe/welcoming gaming environment.
Back to top Go down
Sephrenia
Citizen
Sephrenia

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Baker

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 1:35 pm

Spam can be completely and entirely in character. In fact, me and a whole bunch of people got points almost exactly two years ago for spam. That was in character, light, fluffy, and wonderfully FUN above all that everybody could join in to. There were tiara fairies, a proposal competition, trying to figure out what on earth Leah was hiding, the most hilarious actual proposing I ever did see, mushy stupid silly romantic stuff that was OBVIOUSLY not serious, but it was fun.

Where's that kind of thing now?

People complained so much about it we got points and a devoted thread to keep it in one place.

The politics and shit like that is a protected play style. Light and fluffy fun isn't. And it REALLY needs to be. I refrain a lot from posting because I get sarcasm dripped all over me for trying to lighten the mood. AND a censor saying they appreciate that but it's not on topic but ranting and raving gets off scot free!

They say go RP, but heavy RP isn't something everyone's into. I love writing, and I can write SCREEDS when I want to. I adore it. By the same token I know others who're not so comfortable or find it hard to write, and they're more there for the interactions, and enjoy the light and fluffy interaction instead of the heavy duty, because whatever those of us who love the writing and are good at it think it is heavy duty to a lot of people. They're complaining that the spam isn't RP, well most of the politics damn well isn't RP, so let us have our spam!

Leah's brought it back in RP format in Highlands Hall. Roy Garlock got bitten by a munchkin six posts in and called bland in need of bergamot Laughing
Back to top Go down
Bellz
Knight
Bellz

Location : in a galexy far far away or Khyber... or stuck at work dreaming of Hawaii

Character sheet
DDO character: Cleric

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 2:18 pm

wtf, since when can't we have a spam thread? we have had it forever *grumbles and goes off to write badger*

eta : fucking anteater locked the thread
Back to top Go down
Likaios
Commoner
Likaios

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 6:19 pm

I made a new one. Razz And yep, I've mailed Badger too. Also, Marshy has opened a delicious ORP about special ham. Wink
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger
RK Profession: Blacksmith

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 6:24 pm

its been a month and a half, maybe ill go over there and get myself banned again Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.nngo.biz
Sephrenia
Citizen
Sephrenia

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 6:53 pm

They locked you again Razz
Back to top Go down
Lance
Knight
Lance

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Whiskey Distiller

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 6:56 pm

I don't see the big deal . . . Galloway has at least 3-4 spammerish threads.

Guess who's next
Observations
Galloway Gossip
You Know You're Addicted to RK if . . .

They're good for getting newer people to participate on the forums. Never had censors lock or close any of them. Most are IC posts too, even if they're just one sentence. Removing them, leaves only High Roleplay and Politics, which are intimidating for new players to jump right into.
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 7:11 am

I'm seriously annoyed with RK today.

They locked another petition for Medicine Way in Babel Tower. And Jon_snow is being an arse about it. Meanwhile, somehow a "New Music" thread belongs there.

Assholes.

I have better things to do with my day than be annoyed. *walks away to do them*
Back to top Go down
Boris
Commoner
Boris

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Whiskey Distiller

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 9:59 am

The censors regard being sent to Ireland in the same way as the nazis viewed the Russian front. They send the stick wielding yahoos there to wind us up. Apparently, we are seen as being hard to control. Can't imagine why.

I'm about to start a row in the Munster Inn, unless this one particularly snotty purist stops sending me private mails calling me an arse. If I go about it the right way, they might lock the thread and really piss her off.

Watch this space.
Back to top Go down
Likaios
Commoner
Likaios

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 11:44 am

Swallow has responded to a mail from one of the people who complained saying that she and Badger will look into the issue of locking down "spam" threads. The person she responded to says Swallow is in agreement with us.
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 3:28 pm

Boris wrote:
The censors regard being sent to Ireland in the same way as the nazis viewed the Russian front. They send the stick wielding yahoos there to wind us up. Apparently, we are seen as being hard to control. Can't imagine why.

I'm about to start a row in the Munster Inn, unless this one particularly snotty purist stops sending me private mails calling me an arse. If I go about it the right way, they might lock the thread and really piss her off.

Watch this space.

You've seriously never seen Scotland. LMAO. 20+ page long arguments we'd have there. The Crossing is boorrring in comparison. If I were to work as censor, I would have found Ireland sooo boring.

But the Irish have their charms. Wink

----

Glad to hear Swallow is being a bit more reasonable.
Back to top Go down
Grace
Mummy Bait
Grace

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 3:39 pm

Most of the interesting stuff in the Crossing has been locked/removed/edited.
Back to top Go down
Toasti Jen
Noble
Toasti Jen

Character sheet
DDO character: Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 10:13 am

When I returned to Scotland, all I realized was that people love to bitch, no matter where they reside in this game. Ireland, Scotland, people LOVE to bitch. I'd speculate that Ireland is a little quiet right now because their main enemy is just a bunch of clones who don't respond via forums.

I hate spam, I find it really unimaginative. That being said, most spam is FAR more in character than the majority of the "political" threads and whatnot. Those are so far from RP it is laughable. The point is: people come to this game to have fun. If making a spam thread is fun for them, what is the harm? I actually prefer it as a spam hater, then I can clearly see which threads to avoid. I DID post in Marshy's Spam RP because censorship makes my butt itch worse than spam itself.

(How's that for a morning image! Laughing )
Back to top Go down
Zakku
King of the Incinerator!
Zakku

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 12:18 pm

I dont get it why would spam make your bum itch?
Back to top Go down
Ziona
Commoner
Ziona

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 2:58 pm

Have you seen what's in Spam? Bum itch is the least of it.
Back to top Go down
Magogh
Serf

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 8:47 am

Always struggle with the assertion that political or similar threads are ooc or not ic. WTF do you think folk are talking about mines, animals, borders, armies, councils and shit for? Because this is their real life?

Forum rp doesn't really lend itself to any executive type stuff like getting game mechanics to work but that doesn't mean that discussion about ig stuff isnt in some way rp. Every single bit of discussion that is from a character point of view and exclusively about something in game (unless flagged as ooc) is without a doubt a form of rp - I doubt anyone playing RK actually does supervise a mine or get called Count something.

I think we tend to role out the rp purist crap to knock stuff we don't like. I quite like reading the spam threads but not so much posting in them. I also find a lot of the pure rp stuff so badly written as to be cringe worthy. The political discussions can be the liveliest in the game. The point being that these are my perspectives and other folk will have different ones about what is enjoyable and what isn't.

It's all rp in some way or another, which is why my only real big bugbear is the constant use off ooc to discuss characters and game stuff.
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 8:53 am

I agree with you. Honestly, at this point, I kind of feel like groups should be allowed to post however they want to. Just put a classification in the title and move on. If people want to High RP, they'll find other likeminded indviduals to do High RP with. If people want to do IC discussions, they'll do IC discussions. Don't have to toilet train people at gunpoint for a game.

A quick Google, I found this website:
http://rp.eliteskills.com/

Doesn't appear to be mods there at all. They just put the rules ahead of the RP and everyone RPs. Or doesn't. That's how it should be.
Back to top Go down
Bellz
Knight
Bellz

Location : in a galexy far far away or Khyber... or stuck at work dreaming of Hawaii

Character sheet
DDO character: Cleric

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 1:59 am

Badger finally answered me

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this. I asked about it in our forum ... and then forum 2 promptly crashed again. Rolling Eyes

I assume you are talking about the 10K post Spam thread Smile. I can see closing it as too large threads can slow things, but it should be allowed to reopen. Not sure what the deal is. Hmmmmm....stupid crashing forums.

I'll get it resolved or at least get you a really good reason (think resolved instead)

B
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 8:26 am

That bitch, Anteater, just edited Grace's post and split off mine, because we dared to mention how much OOC attacks people get away with, if they just mark it as RP.

Now yesterday, all the crap she was saying before had me feeling enough like I was done trying to discuss anything with censors but now I'm really done. There really is no point discussing these things with the censors because they will either edit posts, or spend the entire time defending their position, which means absolutely nothing will change.

I put this forum's link in my sig now.
Back to top Go down
Likaios
Commoner
Likaios

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 9:12 am

Anteater is one of the biggest problems on the RK censoring team. I can't imagine how she got promoted to HC or why she's been left there. She is hands down, no contest the worst active censor I've seen in the game, and this includes the pretty questionable censorship of the BT I see. Is it really *that* difficult to find reliable censors for RK?
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 9:50 am

When we were in England, she was sometimes locking 4 threads a day, and she'd park her ass in every thread that wasn't having a problem, just to let us know she was watching. I almost didn't want to do any sort of wedding RP in the Glen because I figured she'd show up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. Empty

Back to top Go down

Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.
Page 1 of 12Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next