Join us at our NEW forum: www.nngo.biz
All your Nachos are belong to us!
Join us at our NEW forum: www.nngo.biz
All your Nachos are belong to us!

~NNGO IZ SRS BSNS~

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» TORN
Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2018 3:03 pm by anto_capone

» Ridiculously rough draft ideas
Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2018 7:50 pm by James

» The Music Thread!
Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 08, 2018 1:19 pm by Trinity

» How's life treating ya?
Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 05, 2018 8:06 am by Trinity

» Games to Replace RK - Reviews
Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 23, 2017 7:28 pm by Bekah

» Queen of Ireland
Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 23, 2017 12:28 am by jaqk

» RPG Maker
Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 18, 2017 9:52 pm by Trinity

» Fight of Ages
Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 17, 2017 8:43 pm by Trinity

» Access to NNGO Forums
Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 28, 2017 2:28 pm by gonads

» Laugh of the day
Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 21, 2017 9:40 pm by Bekah

Navigation
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 215 on Tue May 18, 2021 2:52 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Discord

Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.

Go down 
+34
Achilles_
Alessandra_oct
Tod_Whitesnow
WhiteSnow
Telcara
ArcaneJill
Ragehammer
Angeljoy25
Devin
Edrahil
Corinna
Aidan
Bekah
Mikhaila
Edwin
Motherlucka
Roxxane
Donnor
_Melissa.
Mick
Beth
Aalish
Magogh
Ziona
Zakku
Toasti Jen
Grace
Boris
Lance
anto_capone
Bellz
Sephrenia
Elois
Likaios
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Aalish
Citizen
Aalish

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Baker

Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 5:34 pm

Censors are pretty inconsistent, they let some obvious ooc attacking happen to some players but not others. Then they get snappy when you call them out on it. Irritating.
Back to top Go down
Likaios
Commoner
Likaios

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: None

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 6:38 pm

A certain amount of inconsistency is unavoidable with any volunteer work force. That's just how it goes.

I'm more and more of the opinion that Badger and Swallow just need to scrap the entire censor council and start over. It's such a mess now I think that's probably easier than fixing what exists.
Back to top Go down
Aalish
Citizen
Aalish

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 6:42 pm

I just wish some censors didn't act like they had an extreme case of PMS -.-
Back to top Go down
Likaios
Commoner
Likaios

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 6:47 pm

Heh. Yes. Totally agreed there. *cough*Anteater*cough*

I think I'm done in that thread unless another censor shows up to discuss. Anteater is turning it into something reminiscent of the political threads I tend to avoid. Yanno, the ones where they end up arguing over whether turquoise is more blue or more green, etc. I don't know if she's being willfully obtuse just cause she likes to argue or if she really doesn't get it, but it doesn't seem worth pursuing.
Back to top Go down
Aalish
Citizen
Aalish

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 6:50 pm

I don't know either, she reminds me of my physio teacher. She is right and her logic is right, everyone else is just wrong.
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 7:10 pm

"Obtuse." That's the word I've been thinking about the past few days. Seems the perfect word to explain so many people in RK.
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet
DDO character: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 7:35 pm

Some ppl get promoted to positions of responsibility because they're active, not necessarily because they're any good. Likely the pool of ppl volunteering to take on HC work is small. After all, who'd want to have to deal with the bitches and bastards of RK.
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger
RK Profession: Blacksmith

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 6:10 am

Beth wrote:
Some ppl get promoted to positions of responsibility because they're active, not necessarily because they're any good. Likely the pool of ppl volunteering to take on HC work is small. After all, who'd want to have to deal with the bitches and bastards of RK.

this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nngo.biz
Grace
Mummy Bait
Grace

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 7:52 am

Elois wrote:
"Obtuse." That's the word I've been thinking about the past few days. Seems the perfect word to explain so many people in RK.

I refuse to even try to understand what you mean by this Wink

"That bitch Anteater" pretty much sums up precisely what I thought when I saw Anteater's PM about editing my post. There is definitely a double standard going on. So far in recent months, I've had multiple very clear OOC attacks on me in the forum, been called a bitch in the forum, and currently have an entire thread by a whiny brat aimed at me - as in, I am named in the title. Now, I generally laugh it off, except for the one thread from Hannah that was just way out of line, but when stuff like that is allowed and yet most of us constantly have our posts edited to protect the fragile feelings of certain specific people, it really pisses me off. When I defend myself against attacks, and my defense is edited but not the attacks, and my defense was certainly not close to worse than the attack, that pisses me off too.

If they don't like dealing with the whining in RK, then apply consistent rules and get out of the way. Half the whining is because of this bullshit.
Back to top Go down
Mick
Squire
Mick

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 9:37 am

Beth wrote:

True.

Also, like any position of power. The ones who actually want itare the ones you should avoid giving it to at all costs. If people actually want to do such a shitty job, it's basically never out of a sense of altruism, and almost always because they're getting something out of it, even if what they're getting isn't always noticeable to everyone else.
Back to top Go down
Boris
Commoner
Boris

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Whiskey Distiller

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 10:50 am

All censorship is wrong.

All censors are cunts.

It's quite easy really.
Back to top Go down
_Melissa.
Knight
_Melissa.

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 11:02 am

Mick wrote:
Beth wrote:

True.

Also, like any position of power. The ones who actually want itare the ones you should avoid giving it to at all costs. If people actually want to do such a shitty job, it's basically never out of a sense of altruism, and almost always because they're getting something out of it, even if what they're getting isn't always noticeable to everyone else.
did ya do psychlogy or socio? Smile

ye i think a lot of the censors because they have the power to do as, can be as twattish as poss. they can give no reason as to locking threads if they feel like it. i wasn't completely just talking about locking spam thread, in general was concerned and curious so asked questions openly. censors didn't have to interfere in the discussion if they didn't wanna but that so and so butts in.

anteater even goes anymore discussion about it, next person gets a ban or point whatever shit i dunno don't have forum open. how does that work? i was quite clearly formally being serious asking how their logic exactly works. it is non existent, she didn't answer shit all just locked it. what a fuckin ego.

it gives em less work to just lock anything oh so they think? btw that thread where censors were actually answering hmm tl;dr

you'll see how censors vary, in ireland there's this whole nice nice approach. in places like i remember seeing pl and some munster ones lately. censors come in and go to people now all aww i loved your writing, aren't ya all good ikkle gals and boys playing nicely, see keep that up. i saw it and was like LOL but some of them even answered players who questioned them Razz pl forums were so dead and empty, didn't even know who censor was so i started rp'ing with piglet but noone replied Crying or Very sad lol
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger
RK Profession: Blacksmith

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 9:46 pm

Boris wrote:
All censorship is wrong.

All censors are cunts.

It's quite easy really.

cheers.

that they even prefer the to be called censors rather than mods is very telling.

Moderator:
# someone who presides over a forum or debate
# someone who mediates disputes and attempts to avoid violence

Censor:
# someone who censures or condemns
# subject to political, religious, or moral censorship; "This magazine is censored by the government"
# a person who is authorized to read publications or correspondence or to watch theatrical performances and suppress in whole or in part anything considered obscene or politically unacceptable
Back to top Go down
http://www.nngo.biz
Grace
Mummy Bait
Grace

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 11:35 am

Wombat strikes yet again.

People commented that all the Peace people sound just like each other. Wombat told people to knock it off and stay IC. Paddy rightly said that all they were doing was IC observations of their speaking styles - nothing was said of witches, clones, etc. (and btw, ANYONE that read all the posts from Peace would first absolutely notice they all sound exactly alike, it doesn't at all take any sort of brains). Wombat then got huffy, split it and locked it, ending with a comment that any complaints about censoring must take place in private.

I'm collecting names for a get-Wombat-out-of-Ireland-or-we-will-begin-to-be-more-hellish-than-you-can-imagine petition to Badger. Give me a shout if you want to be on it.
Back to top Go down
Donnor
Knight
Donnor

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 11:38 am

I'm not in Ireland, yet, but I am always up for being on a petition like that... Laughing
Back to top Go down
_Melissa.
Knight
_Melissa.

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 11:43 am

can't remember but i think shark even discusses in public, their own actions with peoples.

have seen it with the new ones in ireland.

also comeon even iiiii as soon as i got to CC crossing, 1st thing i saw was noticing these things with PEACE. hence the pisstake i did with tea party. fun times? (i posted my observations elsewhere, might've been up later than usual but oddly enough actually wanting to read forum, well not really wanting but sure was interesting!)

(just saying, am fairly RK ignorant long term noob) yet even i noticed once getting back, what was going on kinda.

x m
Back to top Go down
Sephrenia
Citizen
Sephrenia

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 12:00 pm

Grace wrote:
Wombat strikes yet again.

People commented that all the Peace people sound just like each other. Wombat told people to knock it off and stay IC. Paddy rightly said that all they were doing was IC observations of their speaking styles - nothing was said of witches, clones, etc. (and btw, ANYONE that read all the posts from Peace would first absolutely notice they all sound exactly alike, it doesn't at all take any sort of brains). Wombat then got huffy, split it and locked it, ending with a comment that any complaints about censoring must take place in private.

I'm collecting names for a get-Wombat-out-of-Ireland-or-we-will-begin-to-be-more-hellish-than-you-can-imagine petition to Badger. Give me a shout if you want to be on it.

....seriously?

What happened to Wombat in the cross to Ireland?
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 12:12 pm

I'm thinking something behind the scenes must have happened. Maybe she was told she wasn't doing a good, proper job in Scotland or she was told she'd get a promotion if she kicked but in Ireland. I mean, it's either incentive or ego that drives, right?

Maybe players in Scotland drove her bonkers an they're trying to protect her?
Back to top Go down
Grace
Mummy Bait
Grace

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 12:14 pm

My suspicion is that they asked her to "crack down" on us, that the censors are whining that we are too difficult. We aren't, really, but when they start interfering in RP and IC and everything else to a ridiculous level, we will scream like an Irish banshee.
Back to top Go down
Sephrenia
Citizen
Sephrenia

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 12:21 pm

Only reason Ireland is difficult, I suspect, is that whilst I was there or when people I know were, they didn't tend to be kept an eye on at all and the censors were often pretty much non-existent.... But Wombat used to be a lot better and had more of a brain :/
Back to top Go down
Grace
Mummy Bait
Grace

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 1:12 pm

That's the problem. The censors SHOULD be nearly nonexistent. They should rarely be stepping in. Wombat and several of the others are overkill. We have had some seriously heated threads in the past, but in my experience, the censors only stepped in when it was just over the line and getting worse. Now, things are edited, locked, "so and so flutters on a branch to watch the proceedings carefully" BEFORE anything happens, just because they think it might go bad. That's just insanity.

In fact, Kair and I were talking, and I may change the petition to demand an entire overhaul of the censor standards.
Back to top Go down
Roxxane
Royal

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 2:26 pm

put me down on the list, thanks.
Back to top Go down
http://renaissancekingdoms.wikia.com/wiki/Nox_Noctis_Gentis_Obsc
Bellz
Knight
Bellz

Location : in a galexy far far away or Khyber... or stuck at work dreaming of Hawaii

Character sheet
DDO character: Cleric

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 2:39 pm

I'll sign it too... somethin has to change with things there
Back to top Go down
_Melissa.
Knight
_Melissa.

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 2:56 pm

Bella_catorina wrote:
I'll sign it too... somethin has to change with things there
hey i just saw yer with donnies now... Smile congratz and am so sorry i got a kitten to nippletwisted him, you should've done it lol didn't know and don't want people to think anything of that bad kitten. Shocked it just likes inflicting pain and well when asked to, who would say no lol *hides*

i'll type my name onto it agreeing too.
Back to top Go down
Donnor
Knight
Donnor

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 3:31 pm

_Melissa. wrote:

hey i just saw yer with donnies now

WHAAAAAAAA? Shocked

she may deny it, she is a groupie in denial...lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.   Welcome to Ireland, Wombat.  Now go back where you came from. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Welcome to Ireland, Wombat. Now go back where you came from.
Page 2 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next