Join us at our NEW forum: www.nngo.biz
All your Nachos are belong to us!
Join us at our NEW forum: www.nngo.biz
All your Nachos are belong to us!

~NNGO IZ SRS BSNS~

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» TORN
Travel in Glasgow... or not! [IC/OOC warning!] EmptyMon Oct 29, 2018 3:03 pm by anto_capone

» Ridiculously rough draft ideas
Travel in Glasgow... or not! [IC/OOC warning!] EmptyMon Jul 09, 2018 7:50 pm by James

» The Music Thread!
Travel in Glasgow... or not! [IC/OOC warning!] EmptyThu Feb 08, 2018 1:19 pm by Trinity

» How's life treating ya?
Travel in Glasgow... or not! [IC/OOC warning!] EmptyMon Feb 05, 2018 8:06 am by Trinity

» Games to Replace RK - Reviews
Travel in Glasgow... or not! [IC/OOC warning!] EmptySat Dec 23, 2017 7:28 pm by Bekah

» Queen of Ireland
Travel in Glasgow... or not! [IC/OOC warning!] EmptySat Dec 23, 2017 12:28 am by jaqk

» RPG Maker
Travel in Glasgow... or not! [IC/OOC warning!] EmptySat Nov 18, 2017 9:52 pm by Trinity

» Fight of Ages
Travel in Glasgow... or not! [IC/OOC warning!] EmptyFri Nov 17, 2017 8:43 pm by Trinity

» Access to NNGO Forums
Travel in Glasgow... or not! [IC/OOC warning!] EmptySat Oct 28, 2017 2:28 pm by gonads

» Laugh of the day
Travel in Glasgow... or not! [IC/OOC warning!] EmptySat Oct 21, 2017 9:40 pm by Bekah

Navigation
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 215 on Tue May 18, 2021 2:52 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Discord

Travel in Glasgow... or not! [IC/OOC warning!]

Go down 
+5
Telcara
Sephrenia
Elois
Likaios
HappyHerder
9 posters
AuthorMessage
HappyHerder
Commoner
HappyHerder

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: None

Travel in Glasgow... or not! [IC/OOC warning!] Empty
PostSubject: Travel in Glasgow... or not! [IC/OOC warning!]   Travel in Glasgow... or not! [IC/OOC warning!] EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 12:03 pm

For those who have not yet see this...

October 16

Barerose wrote:
*sorry with the forums actin' up this is the 3rd time I'll try to post this one lol hope I re-typed it all out the same as the one that whent to la la land*

Looks up at all the happy faces of new arivals, into Glasgow County.

"Aye, Telcara it does apear that I filled out the last copy of that form there," he says with a grimiss....... "No worries m' dear, I have more in here indeed."
Hands her the Form...... "I will consider it approved upon re-submition and I thank you for all that you have done for Glasgow."

Hands one to Blainwolfe, as well...... aye, and yours I will aprove as well upon it's resubmision.

So once you have completed them, and returned them, Welcome to Clan Glasgow. Laughing

Quote :
[rp]Aplication for Ducal Aproval into Glasgow County:

I _your name_,
do hear by swear to honour all laws & proceedures of the County of Glasgow while I remain on Glasgow Soil, to _your reason_
for the duration of _time you plan stay_.
After such time, I shall vacate all Glasgow Soil within 24hs (next rest).
I understand, that the Duke has the power to cancel this agreement at will, and that all applictions of amendment (time extentions) must be submitted four (4) days prior to the closure of this agreement.[/rp]

Quote :
[rp]Aplication for Ducal Aproval into Glasgow County:

I _billy_joe_bob _&_fluffy_,
do hear by swear to honour all laws & proceedures of the County of Glasgow while I remain on Glasgow Soil, to _to return a travel grant to Stirling town, that a former mayor AJ granted me so i could travel_
for the duration of _7 to 8 day should cover my stay._.
After such time, I shall vacate all Glasgow Soil within 24hs (next rest).
I understand, that the Duke has the power to cancel this agreement at will, and that all applictions of amendment (time extentions) must be submitted four (4) days prior to the closure of this agreement.[/rp]

Aproved, enjoy your stay in Glasgow, and receive all protection of the Law while you adhere to the agreement.

Stamps the last one, and posts it with the rest..... an' places extra Quills on the desk fer people to use.... an' a bottle of Scotch for them to make it offical....... Laughing

*to all that seek protection of the law of Glasgow, please fill out the form with a simple ->copy/paste->edit to fill it in->submit here or via PM to me, where I'll post your acceptance for you. I check this thread daily, and at multiple times, so your request will be procesed in a timely fasion I promise you.*

Related to:

October 14

Barerose wrote:
By Official Decree of the Highest Authority of the County of Glasgow, I Barerose the duly elected Duke, do hear by announce that ALL procedures, Laws, and ordinances of County of Glasgow will from this announcement on, be solely controlled. Administered, and Ordained by the Dukes decision.
These Laws will remain in effect, but only with Dukes Decision, until such time as the Duke Replaces them.
(lay-man's terms, all cases presented to the PP Thread must 1st get the approval of the Duke before proceeding to the Court.)

To all Non Residents entering the County of Glasgow.

The Laws of Glasgow County, protect and serve the People of Glasgow.
No one of ANY other county residence (without pre approval from the Duke by written hand) from this announcement on, will be allowed, to bring forth to the Public Prosecutor any cases, of crimes against them.

Any Glasgow Resident, that brings a case on behalf of a Non Resident (that lacks Ducal Approval Papers) will surrender their Rights as a Glasgow Citizen, and be charged with Traitorness to the County.

Any Non Resident captured and found guilty, in the Court of Glasgow, will from this announcement receive double punishment up to the max allowable by Judges Charta (up to and including death) of that of a Glasgow Citizen.

No Non Resident will be allowed to hold chambers within the County Council or hold any Seated Position. Any none residents that have failed to move their official Address to Glasgow, and swear their Allegiance to the Duke of Glasgow, that have achieved a vacant seat in the Council through the Electoral Process will be asked to resign their Seat to a Glasgow Resident.
Failure to Resign within 24hr (next reset) will Result in the Immediate Kill Listing of said person on all Armies that hold Glasgow Star Rating, and Face Charges of High Treason.
(I will NOT have our Cc Chambers displayed for other Counties by usage of the electoral process!)

Signed,
Barestar MacAllen Rose "Barerose" ~Duke of Glasgow County, Scotland
Travel in Glasgow... or not! [IC/OOC warning!] Seals-bc-glasgow-ylw

It seems a bit sad that clansmates need a travel visa to visit their families, but I guess it will keep the courts busy. Poor Onyx MacTavish has been charged.

I am still trying to learn the way they apply their Legal Corpus here...

So take proper measures if you are coming to Glasgow County, and Welcome!

HH chuckles.

(Edit: This thread is both IC/OOC... please keep personal attacks to IC or start a flames thread)

Edited for Spelling

Last edited by HappyHerder on Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Likaios
Commoner
Likaios

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Travel in Glasgow... or not! [IC/OOC warning!]   Travel in Glasgow... or not! [IC/OOC warning!] EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 12:07 pm

Actually, charging Onyx makes this finally amusing rather than just sad.

Who let Bare be duke, fer cryin out loud? Oi, and I thought Bevin was a bad idea.
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: Travel in Glasgow... or not! [IC/OOC warning!]   Travel in Glasgow... or not! [IC/OOC warning!] EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 12:24 pm

A bit of old news that we covered in the other thread. I'm quite fine with it. And my daughter is the wife of Mactavish's Chief. My experience in Ayr with Onyx leave me not being as fond of her as you are. Many in Glasgow feel the same.

But knowing what I know about my son-in-law, I can't say I'm really fond of him either. I'd like to give him a sharp kick in whatever available orifice he may have.
Back to top Go down
Sephrenia
Citizen
Sephrenia

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Baker

PostSubject: Re: Travel in Glasgow... or not! [IC/OOC warning!]   Travel in Glasgow... or not! [IC/OOC warning!] EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 12:29 pm

Hey, I live in Glasgow and I just got back. AndI can't follow any of it... I need to grab someone to filter things down and explain them, because there's just too much going on there. I can't figure it all with my brain so fried. Bare is too wordy.

On Onyx.... erm... Shuts up
Back to top Go down
Telcara
Squire
Telcara

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Travel in Glasgow... or not! [IC/OOC warning!]   Travel in Glasgow... or not! [IC/OOC warning!] EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 1:48 pm

First I thought... wtf... but then I couldn't be bothered to be upset. I tried making it into a fun thing instead. Not my county Razz
<- My OOC thought to be clear. Telcara is too stupid to think that anyone could actually mean to harm her. She was simply told to fill out a form of paper.
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Blacksmith

PostSubject: Re: Travel in Glasgow... or not! [IC/OOC warning!]   Travel in Glasgow... or not! [IC/OOC warning!] EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 1:56 pm

Quote :
It seems a bit sad that clansmates need a travel visa to visit their families, but I guess it will keep the courts busy. Poor Onyx MacTavish has been charged.

Poor ? She's an enemy of Glasgow and has nothing to do there anyways Smile
Back to top Go down
Lance
Knight
Lance

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Whiskey Distiller

PostSubject: Re: Travel in Glasgow... or not! [IC/OOC warning!]   Travel in Glasgow... or not! [IC/OOC warning!] EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 2:28 pm

Yeah . . . I can't wait till Pennsy goes up to Glasgow to flirt some . . . I mean to "help" you guys out Razz.

I like a lot of Bare's ideas, I think he went to far too fast though. You need public support for things to work and to acclimate people slowly, though CC works in the confines of 60 days. Galloway is staying out of this though, letting Glasgow deal with it's own problems, as they've asked several times before.

Please don't take anything Pennsy says about Galloway's involvement as truth. If Glasgow wants to fight England, you've got our full backing . . . but as to internal struggles, Galloway does not plan to interfere.
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Travel in Glasgow... or not! [IC/OOC warning!]   Travel in Glasgow... or not! [IC/OOC warning!] EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 12:55 am

Well, the problem more exists on the forums than for real. McTabies,Amelia and other scum wants to have their rule anyways despite losing the elections. We here, had very little to do with whats going on right now, and actually I could simply tell my guys and girls not to interfere and watch the flames, but we did decide to help the county as per our treaty. Besides I would rather get Mctabies dead for now, than to deal with the problems they can cause for months aftewards.
They dont want to work, they dont want prosperous and wealthy county, they want to whine and have titles in cc. And we want them dead because of it Razz
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Travel in Glasgow... or not! [IC/OOC warning!]   Travel in Glasgow... or not! [IC/OOC warning!] EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 5:35 am

You put it more clearly than I could have explained it, Dry.

I'm living in Ireland now but I still want Glasgow to be a prosperous land. Things have worked great there for over a year now. I used to be in opposition to the Fury treaty but they do well there. There are still people in MacTavish, Amelia and BJB, who are still too blind to see that, thinking they can just come in, change things, and it'll all be better. It will just be a problem.

Probably not things you're happy to read, HH.

Dry, weren't quite a few MacTavishes in the armies to fight Glasgow during the war?
Back to top Go down
Tod_Whitesnow
Squire
Tod_Whitesnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Travel in Glasgow... or not! [IC/OOC warning!]   Travel in Glasgow... or not! [IC/OOC warning!] EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 6:28 am

I charged Onyx

She knew full well she needed a pass after the drama with Maddog.

She choose to ignore it.

She was asked to DTP in Arden against 3 rebellions at the town in 3 or so months

2 were Newbs or english clone and now dead,

the other was a bored Last Crusader (any who know LC roll thier eyes)

LC was charged for his actions by me as well.

The MacTabs are trying to cause trouble and will pay the Price.

I am now County Captian and they have been ordered to disband.

Tod
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Travel in Glasgow... or not! [IC/OOC warning!]   Travel in Glasgow... or not! [IC/OOC warning!] EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 10:09 am

Quote :
Dry, weren't quite a few MacTavishes in the armies to fight Glasgow during the war?

Yes, they were in Krags army. I believe left it not long ago after Krag did hit Lanark, and did DTP in Largs till it all ended.
Back to top Go down
HappyHerder
Commoner
HappyHerder

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Travel in Glasgow... or not! [IC/OOC warning!]   Travel in Glasgow... or not! [IC/OOC warning!] EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 2:27 pm

Put the OP here more to share the travel pass form and need for it.

It IS true as many of you know from my recent RP that I am courting Willow MacTavish.

You may have also gleaned that many people, not just MacT have been DTP daily for a while now in Arden.

Everything I have been hearing around the tavies is a fear that county freedoms are being attacked and armies are forming in the capital.

The fact that if you have a corn field in Stirling you will be taxed 50p is a real problem... the newbs that live on corn can not even afford the 50p to change it. There is an unanswered question if the county would at least pay for those changes. I am not sure how taxing people into negative will sit with the King.

I am not opposed to much of the Dukes plan, but helping move the county toward that plan in a practical manner with more of a carrot than a stick I feel would be a better method.

Back to top Go down
Telcara
Squire
Telcara

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Travel in Glasgow... or not! [IC/OOC warning!]   Travel in Glasgow... or not! [IC/OOC warning!] EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 2:56 pm

Simply don't pay your taxes? Razz
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Travel in Glasgow... or not! [IC/OOC warning!]   Travel in Glasgow... or not! [IC/OOC warning!] EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 3:12 pm

Barerose did the same thing when he was mayor of Lanark...and during the war when Lanark was annexed, where a few people were in Glasgow City, unaware. It was a move many were not too happy with, including myself.

Still, from an economic standpoint, it's a good idea. Barerose has always been a number cruncher. John_carter is another one good with economics. Actually, the two best in the country. He does this to stop the overabundance of a particular product.
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Travel in Glasgow... or not! [IC/OOC warning!]   Travel in Glasgow... or not! [IC/OOC warning!] EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 3:29 pm

Elois wrote:
Actually, the two best in the country.

Kazgorath is better than those two Razz

HappyHerder wrote:
Put the OP here more to share the travel pass form and need for it.

And anybody so far got killed ? None. Few people are charged, in fact anybody is free to travel as long as they dont cause the trouble. The border lock does exist for a purpose that county could charge/kill hostiles at its wish. Considering the threats I do fully support it.

HappyHerder wrote:
You may have also gleaned that many people, not just MacT have been DTP daily for a while now in Arden.

No I didnt, its pretty much usual crowd - immigrants. Could you please tell me why they're defending as I dont see a reason for it ?

HappyHerder wrote:
Everything I have been hearing around the tavies is a fear that county freedoms are being attacked and armies are forming in the capital.

No new armies were formed except those two in Ardencaple since the summer. And about freedoms - could you elaborate more about it ?

HappyHerder wrote:
The fact that if you have a corn field in Stirling you will be taxed 50p is a real problem...

I do have it. Tosher has it, Dash, Angel, Dem, Mel, Divsie and more ours do grow corn. We all do live in Stirling, and even now I would recommend for a newcomer to choose corn. We dont see a problem at all, its our choice to pay the taxes or not, after all.

Btw its 30p not 50p tax Wink

HappyHerder wrote:

There is an unanswered question if the county would at least pay for those changes.

CC is not a charity club. Especially since people can simply choose not to pay the taxes.

HappyHerder wrote:
I am not sure how taxing people into negative will sit with the King.

What negative ? Taxes are separate matter, I myself do own thousands of pounds, taxes unpaid to Ayr, am I in negative ?

Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Travel in Glasgow... or not! [IC/OOC warning!]   Travel in Glasgow... or not! [IC/OOC warning!] EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 7:15 pm

Kaz arrived in Glasgow just before I left for the war, so I'm not as familiar with him. Glad to know he's doing well. Smile
Back to top Go down
Bekah
Noble
Bekah

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Travel in Glasgow... or not! [IC/OOC warning!]   Travel in Glasgow... or not! [IC/OOC warning!] EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 12:00 am

I have split some posts from here and sent them to the flames section where you guys can continue to have at it, I have my popcorn ready Wink

(I just thought to keep this more about the announcement than about clan politics - if that makes sense)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Travel in Glasgow... or not! [IC/OOC warning!]   Travel in Glasgow... or not! [IC/OOC warning!] Empty

Back to top Go down

Travel in Glasgow... or not! [IC/OOC warning!]
Page 1 of 1