Aidan
Noble
Aidan

Character sheet
DDO character: Fighter
RK Profession: None

Xbox One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox One     Xbox One EmptyThu May 23, 2013 10:49 am

Yup, so far, everything to me has been meh.

Won't be buying it on release anyway as I assume it'll cost an arm and a leg Smile

Back to top Go down
Rareit
Commoner
Rareit

Xbox One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox One     Xbox One EmptyThu May 23, 2013 2:22 pm

I might buy if it it ever comes down to 200 or 300 hundred(I'm sure it will be more on release) and when they work the bugs out every system has them.
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger
RK Profession: Blacksmith

Xbox One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox One     Xbox One EmptyThu May 23, 2013 9:52 pm

yea, if/when its affordable, sure i'll get it probably

but this crap about used games and the new kinect and the online needed is kinda stupid
Back to top Go down
http://www.nngo.biz
Kerin_logan
Commoner
Kerin_logan

Xbox One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox One     Xbox One EmptyFri May 24, 2013 5:15 pm

agreed, just was watching something on it. What ya buy a game and that it... download it and its no good after that, kinda sucks ass.

I dont think ill buy it, seeing i barely use the Xbox i have. Kids not really gamers (other then mortal kombat) i am and all mine are here on the PC.
Back to top Go down
Zukran
Commoner

Xbox One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox One     Xbox One EmptyFri May 24, 2013 6:46 pm

I don't think I'll be getting it, however then again I never got the last one, nor the one before that. In terms of Console Gaming I have just stuck to the three generations of Playstation. Yet to me, the Xbox One is not a Games Console.

It is, as they advertised it 'an all in one entertainment system' where one of it's greatest features is it allows you to play TV (So you Buy an Xbox to watch TV...on your TV...) yet again that feature upon release is at this time US Only. So for anyone in Europe - like myself or the rest of the world, that feature as of release is pointless.
Another issue for me is the Download games feature. Not because of the Pre-Owned issue (Which is Bull-shit but it's already been mentioned) but because with only 500GB Memory, which in part will be used up by other features, it is going to be very limited considering you have to download every single game from disk to the hard-drive so you can play it without the disk. This means you're going to be eating up memory very quickly. In terms of New-Games this would mean you could fit 10-20 games on your console 'if that' and six years down the line that may be even lower depending on game development at the time. So therefore for anyone with a large gaming collection you're going to be limited.

I go back to my PS1 and 2 when I had hundreds of games (many of those pre-owned and bought for about 2 pounds down my local game shop) and so this has two negative effects. Firstly your limited to 20, this is going to make you think about what you want to download/buy/try ect your not going to go and stretch the boat out to something - that you'll be paying full price for - and will use up valuable memory. Secondly, if you ever have to sell the disk - no one will buy it - because they know they'll struggle to sell it for anything.

You in affect destroy the Pre-Owned system, and Microsoft, EA and all those others will profit off it, but destroying your third-party game stores in the process, where much of their sales come from the Pre-Owned Market.
Obviously this is a step taken towards stopping Pirating, but let's face it, no matter how much time, money, and effort is put into protective barriers, within a week of Xbox One being released it'll be cracked, and likelyhood is this entire disk protection mechanism will be bypassed by those Microsoft are desperate to stop, and instead penalise the normal gamer as a result.

Also the Kenect is always 'on' meaning you'll be welcome to the Big Brother World of the console being voice commanded and Kenect always being 'on' when you play it, regardless of if your actually using the kenect itself. Again another weird and rather pointless feature, but nothing compared to the always online situation.
According to interviews after the release the console must be online once every 24 hours, which inaffect is 'always online' not sure exactly what happens if it is not online every 24 hours, but for holidays and what not you have to wonder what effects that has to the console. It was also stated how Microsoft want developers to push towards adding 'online features' to their games, again in this attempt to make all games more focused on the online elements.

I don't know. I just don't see the point of all these 'bonus' features that either my phone or my TV (Which can already watch TV for me) can do already. I buy a Game Console to 'shock horror' play games, whilst with the Xbox One (Did I mention the name is shit?) it's about this total entertainment system, which is cool but honestly I don't need. My TV does the TV Part, my Phone does most of the other things, sadly neither can let me play a game like skyrim...and at the end of the day, that's what a games console should fundamentally be about...

But i'll leave you with this question. What happens if I use Xbox Voice commands and I request to watch the TV Show "Pawn Stars" Anyone know? Razz
Back to top Go down
Kerin_logan
Commoner
Kerin_logan

Xbox One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox One     Xbox One EmptyFri May 24, 2013 6:54 pm

Quote :
But i'll leave you with this question. What happens if I use Xbox Voice commands and I request to watch the TV Show "Pawn Stars" Anyone know?

good point alot of PAWN will be on i think
Back to top Go down
Darkness
Commoner
Darkness

Character sheet
DDO character: Rogue

Xbox One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox One     Xbox One EmptySat May 25, 2013 6:37 pm

I'll get one

when they pay me to take it/use it
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

Xbox One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox One     Xbox One EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 10:29 pm

Quote :
Negatives:

1. Xbox ONE consoles must check in with servers once a day in order for games to be played. If you log in on another console, then it will check every hour. Without these verification checks, games cannot be played on the console at all.

2. Xbox ONE does allow for used games to be played without a fee from MS. But the buying and selling of used games is restricted to authorized retailers only. Publishers may also not allow for used games to be bought and sold. And publishers are allowed to decide if they wish to charge a used games fee which they would outline with retailers.

3. Games can be traded or gifted to friends who have been on your Xbox Live friendslist once and only after they have been on your list for 30 days. The friend that is gifted cannot trade or gift the game to anyone else.

4. Game trades and rentals will not be available at launch. This may have to be supplemented by rental specific versions of games being made later on, which might increase dev costs.

5. A broadband connection is required for Xbox ONE to do it's daily checks, without one, no games can be played, therefore, this console cannot travel with you anywhere that does not have a stable broadband connection.

6. So far, the new Kinect still must be connected to Xbox ONE in order for it to operate, and there isn't a way to replace it if it is broken.

Positives:

1. Games whether purchased on disc or digital will have an infinite number of digital back ups available after purchase. (with the same licensing code, gifted or traded games may not allow you to download the game again to your own console without a new license)

2. Up to 10 family members can access any game in your shared games list from any Xbox ONE console.

3. Controller and other inputs can be used to control the Xbox ONE in its menus other than the Kinect.

4. Kinect can be put to sleep in order to avoid accidental use of commands during conversation.

5. Users have control of privacy information and what is shared by the Xbox ONE.

6. Used games will still be supported, though very limited.
Back to top Go down
Rareit
Commoner
Rareit

Xbox One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox One     Xbox One EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 11:11 pm

The negative list seems a lot longer than the positive list.
Back to top Go down
Bekah
Noble
Bekah

Character sheet
DDO character:

Xbox One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox One     Xbox One EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 11:57 pm

I've just been labled a "Retro gamer" because the only console I own is a PSOne.  Never bought the eggs box £3.60 or anything else.  Guess I am old skool Razz
Back to top Go down
Aidan
Noble
Aidan

Character sheet

Xbox One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox One     Xbox One EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 6:12 pm

http://sourcefednews.com/microsoft-caves-xbox-one-drm-removed/

Sourcefed wrote:
In the wake of E3 and possible loss of most of their market base, Microsoft caved and removed the insane DRM requirements for the Xbox One.
In a statement released just one hour ago, Microsoft revealed they will be removing the once per twenty-four hour internet check-in’s for the Xbox One. Furthermore, there will no longer be any restrictions regarding used games, and it will be backwards compatible.

According to the Xbox One update earlier today:

An internet connection will not be required to play offline Xbox One games – After a one-time system set-up with a new Xbox One, you can play any disc based game without ever connecting online again. There is no 24 hour connection requirement and you can take your Xbox One anywhere you want and play your games, just like on Xbox 360.

Trade-in, lend, resell, gift, and rent disc based games just like you do today – There will be no limitations to using and sharing games, it will work just as it does today on Xbox 360.

In addition to buying a disc from a retailer, you can also download games from Xbox Live on day of release. If you choose to download your games, you will be able to play them offline just like you do today. Xbox One games will be playable on any Xbox One console — there will be no regional restrictions.

The change comes after Microsoft the serious amount of backlash the console received from customers. Also, their response to the problems posed by their always-on DRM was “There’s always the Xbox 360!” which began to alienate a large part of their consumer base.
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

Xbox One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox One     Xbox One EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 6:24 pm

Yes! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Aidan
Noble
Aidan

Character sheet

Xbox One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox One     Xbox One EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 6:48 pm

I just re-read that and one thing I missed the first time: NO REGIONAL RESTRICTIONS..... Does that mean I can buy American games and play them on my Irish Console? That's something that has restricted me in the past as you can see by the Xbox One price, there is no difference in $ and € when in the real world there actually is (AFAIK Razz )
Back to top Go down
Rareit
Commoner
Rareit

Xbox One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox One     Xbox One EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 8:14 pm

Now I know I am going to buy it!!!
Back to top Go down
ahlia
Knight
ahlia

Character sheet