anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger
RK Profession: Blacksmith

The Ganja Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Ganja Thread   The Ganja Thread EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 4:21 pm

Ok, I am looking into getting a vaporizer, anyone have any recommendations? I've been smoking bongs for years and love them but trying to blaze more healthy, figured since I quit smoking cigs I might as well try to cut out unnecessary smoke from weed as well.

I don't have any clue about it though, and all my old crew are all long gone. Really don't have anyone knowledgeable to ask, so figured it was worth a shot here.

I want a vaporizer that can work on homemade iso hash as well as simple grinds, not too expensive but good quality of course. I buy mostly mid grade stuff, if the quality is kinda low I make hash out of it but normally I just blaze it all.

Do you still taste the weed? Do you wind up smoking more/less than with a bong? Are there any other benefits/drawbacks?

Thanks for any help. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.nngo.biz
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

The Ganja Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ganja Thread   The Ganja Thread EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 4:41 pm

A nice, easy way to make some hash:

You need:

Razor blade
Clean plate, preferably white
Rubber band
Coffee filters
A clean glass mason jar
As high % alcohol you can find (MUST be unscented- be careful of this)
Weed of any flavor (even stems, shake etc)

What I like to use, is Bacardi 151. Is way more expensive than some simple ISO 90%, but has a good caramel flavor.

First, break up all your ganja as small and fine as you want. Don't have to be too picky about it, but the more you break it up the better. Of course, don't break up any seeds into the mix Razz
Dump all of it into the mason jar. Make sure to scrape whatever you broke it up in real good- lot of the keif will stick to the plate or whatever you use to break it up. Keif = Trichomes = THC.

You don't need to fill the damned mason jar- I've done this with as little as 1 gram of ganja that was kinda nasty. I think it was getting moldy, idk.

Once it is in the mason jar, dump in the alcohol- just enough to cover the weed. You don't need a lot of alcohol at all.
Then, make sure to cover the top and gently shake the mixture for a few minutes. Stir or shake it is fine. Not too violent- if you shake it too much you will release extracts of the weed plant that are not as desirable. You only want the THC. If you see the alcohol is starting to turn green, that means it is time to stop shaking Smile

Then take 2-3 coffee filters and secure them to the top of the jar with the rubber band. Now, you simply turn it upside down and dump out what filters through onto the plate, and then leave it. The alcohol will evaporate, and what is left will be a sticky goo stuck to the plate. This is your hash!

Take the razor blade to scrape it all off. It might not look like a lot at first, but after scraping for a bit you will find a decent amount!

This is a great way to make use of weed that is iffy, going bad from budrot or beginning to mold (warning about moldy weed- smoking moldy weed can be deadly. using alcohol will kill the mold, but there can still be toxins and byproducts left behind that can still get you sick. It's your life, I've smoked moldy weed in the past before and I've made hash out of it and I am still kicking, but people have died from smoking mold. If you want to be safe, throw it away.).

You can use the hash in edibles or smoke it. There are various ways to smoke it, I just scoop some ashes into my bong and drop the hash onto that usually. Just don't pull too hard, one little drop packs a lot of smoke and THC in it, so if you suck it down the bong you are SOL.

Back to top Go down
Fordo
Commoner
Fordo

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: None

The Ganja Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ganja Thread   The Ganja Thread EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 5:23 pm

My experience with vapes is quite hazey, I have tried the volcano once in Barneys in Dam with some nice pineapple chunk. It was nice, bit of a shock as I expected it to give me that chesty feeling you get when you take a bong hit. The high was nice and I found myself not needing to smoke for a while but being able to control it (not like when you have edibles and it makes your whole body high). I also have tried a box vape which I found a lot simpler to use and equally as nice as the volcano (and a shit load cheaper). As for the taste, I was quite blazed so cant really remember at all  Laughing .

Advantages:
Health +
Longer lasting high
(I guess you don't have to smoke it as much so it saves money, but I cant really judge as I have only used one a few times)

Disadvantages:
It seems like something to get out on a special occasion.
If you are smoking with others it just doesn't have that same social vibe as a joint, bong or pipe.
Also I cant really imagine waking and baking with it.

If I had the money, I probably would invest in one though. Hope this little insight helped.
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

The Ganja Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ganja Thread   The Ganja Thread EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 5:24 pm

How to grow magnificent weed from crappy bud bagseed:

I've grown a few really nice plants, indoors and out; but honestly I've had bad luck outdoors with pests and deer. Deer love weed and will eat your stash, and I don't feel like investing in things like coyote piss or stupid shit like that.

Me, I am a cheap bastard.

First, you need a plan: where the fuck are you going to put your plants? First of all, let me make this clear: if you are growing weed and it is not legal where you live, don't tell ANYONE. Not your best friend, not your relative, no fucking body. Growing a single plant is a 3-4 month time investment, in those 3-4 months you might have 1 argument and that 1 person makes 1 phone call and you are fucked.

Find a place that you can provide with light. More the better. I grew my first plant when I was 16, using a simple fluorescent light I got for 5 bucks at a hardware store. You want the plant to receive light at all times for the first 3 months, 24 hours a day. This could be a problem. If you are growing outside, you don't need to worry about light, but you must have your plants out in the sun at least 3 months before September. Otherwise it is a waste of fucking time.

Starting is easy. Take a bunch of seeds, and throw them into a clear glass or even plastic cup. Take some room temperature water, and then add a dash of salt to it and mix it well. Not too salty, just a little bit. Then add the water to the cup until the cup is 3/4 full.
Some seeds will sink right away, others will float and sink later. Don't worry about 'healthy' seeds or any of that crap- the nutrients from 'bad' seeds will be soon absorbed by the good ones.
Soon all the seeds should sink, at least within a day. You can sometimes poke them with your finger to get them to sink.
Now just leave the cup where it will get a decent amount of light. You don't need to 24 hour light it just yet. Within a few days, some will sprout, others may not.
Once you have a decent amount sprouting, prepare your planters pot or wherever you plan for the plants to grow. Any typical garden or houseplant pot should work, but remember this plant will grow so unless you want to keep repotting the thing, might as well start big.

What I like to do, is then dump all the seeds right into the same spot, at least 10 sprouts into one single hole. It's simple 'survival of the fittest'. One time I did this, I used 15 seeds and had 12 sprouts all pop thru the soil all at once! This is great, because it gives you some leeway, you will know you wont have to baby the plant so much, knowing it is stronger genetic material. Smile

After you bury the seeds, it is important to keep a light on the plant 24 hours a day from here on out. You might need a backup plan or back up light. Incandescent lights shouldnt work, but flourescent lights do sort of. The best if high pressure sodium but man those are pricey. Hell, I even used the streetlights once in a 3rd story apartment at night, just place the plant in the window. Wink

Anyway, once the sprout pushes through the surface, it is important to try to keep the light as close as possible to the plant. Otherwise it will 'stretch'- it will grow very long, very fast, and eventually the weight will tip it over. It will grow to try to reach that light! When it is first growing, you want it to stay short and small until the stalk gets thick enough to support more weight and branches. If its already stretched, don't worry so much- you can fix it by adjusting your light closer right now and propping up the plant using popsicle sticks. If the weight is too much, and the plant simply lays limp, it will die. it is important for it to grow upright.

If you have multiple sprouts still fighting for life after about 2 weeks, it is time to play god and select the 1 or 2 you want. I typically grew 2 plants for each pot. Choose the strongest, healthiest specimens of course. Dont pull out the other ones, cut them with scissors. Pulling out their roots can uproot the ones you want to keep!

Now is the easy part, or the hard part if you dont have patience. Just water it once a day, with room temperature water. People say dont use miracle gro but its fine if you do. fish scales and bat guano are supposedly great nutrients for the plant, but i never used them.

A typical sativa will grow about 1 foot each month, while an indica will grow half that. Every strain is different tho, so dont be alarmed at its height or size. Just let it grow. If you keep letting it grow, the thing can literally get 10 feet tall lol

After about 3 months it will be ready to bud. Its up to you. If you keep giving it light 24 hours a day, it will never bud. Once you are ready to begin budding the plant, all you do is give it a rotation of 12 hours light and 12 hours of complete darkness. Make sure it is completely dark in the dark cycle, even a little bit of light can cause stress to the plant during the flowering cycle and cause it to become a hermaphrodite. If you do it right- you won't get any seeds. If you do it wrong, you will.

After 1 month of the flowering cycle, your plant will be ready to harvest. Make sure to cure it properly! Would hate to waste all that time invested!

Happy smoke! Smile

Tips:
Prune your plant often, using only scissors. Cut away dead or dying leaves daily if possible. Smoke them or save them up and make hash!
If you want, you can easily clone your plant. Just cut a healthy branch off near the main stem, and then sit the stem in water. It will begin to 'root' after about a week, and you just plant it! It will be the same strain as mom Wink
Don't use spray bottles to water the plant. People say to do it- but it can cause them to rot from mold. Mold will kill your plant fast!
Stress can cause the plant to change sex or become a hermaphodite. It is particularly vulnerable when you are flowering, so be gentle with temperature changes as well!
If you use miracle gro or ANY chemical, make sure to STOP using it a month before you start the flowering cycle. It will make your bud taste like shit if you dont. A month before is plenty of time to 'flush' all of it out of the plant before you start the bud cycle.
To cure the plant, cut it at the base of its stalk and hang it upside down in a well ventilated area for a day or 2. The plant will drip, so be careful where you put it. Some people use a fan, but I never did. After that, chop off all the buds and cure them for final drying phase. Your bud wont be smokable just yet, you need to cure it first! There are various methods to cure it, but the best imo is the old fashioned water cure. This way leaves all the flavor intact while leaving a smooth smoke!
To water cure is simple, take the bud, place in a container, and weigh them down somehow. You need to keep the bud fully submersed so use a plate or something with a weight on it to hold the buds underwater. Then use icewater and ice cubes and leave it submersed for a day. After a day, take all the bud out and let it dry on some plates- use something that you can scrape the oils off of if you like. Once that plate dries, there might be THC oil on it! Wink
Make sure the buds are very dry before storage- the stems need to snap firmly. If they bend, they aren't dry enough and if you dont smoke it all within a week it can start to mold. Wink

I probably have more tips but this is enough for now Razz
Have fun!
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

The Ganja Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ganja Thread   The Ganja Thread EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 5:25 pm

Fordo wrote:
My experience with vapes is quite hazey, I have tried the volcano once in Barneys in Dam with some nice pineapple chunk. It was nice, bit of a shock as I expected it to give me that chesty feeling you get when you take a bong hit. The high was nice and I found myself not needing to smoke for a while but being able to control it (not like when you have edibles and it makes your whole body high). I also have tried a box vape which I found a lot simpler to use and equally as nice as the volcano (and a shit load cheaper). As for the taste, I was quite blazed so cant really remember at all  Laughing .

Advantages:
Health +
Longer lasting high
(I guess you don't have to smoke it as much so it saves money, but I cant really judge as I have only used one a few times)

Disadvantages:
It seems like something to get out on a special occasion.
If you are smoking with others it just doesn't have that same social vibe as a joint, bong or pipe.
Also I cant really imagine waking and baking with it.

If I had the money, I probably would invest in one though. Hope this little insight helped.

That helps a lot. I've heard a lot about Volcano on various websites, but I always just buy 15 dollar bongs so investing 50-75 bucks into a vape makes me leery.

Thanks man!
Back to top Go down
Toasti Jen
Noble
Toasti Jen

Character sheet
DDO character: Barbarian

The Ganja Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ganja Thread   The Ganja Thread EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 10:05 pm

My boyfriend recommends the Hot Box (namebrand I guess. When I think "hot box" I think of my rental car back in the 90's on Huntington Beach, California. Good times! Very Happy Very Happy ). Disclosure: he has not used it but he did a fuck ton of research for his own future purchase. It is the one he was/is gonna buy. It is made in America. One setting. It is a "whip style", the bowl and wand are glass. They are $100-150 though.

Magic Flight launch box- portable, made in USA, wood carved. He heard it is very popular and highly reviewed.

Good luck on your search. When you finally do get one, do share your thoughts! Also- thanks for the tutorials. Pretty cool stuff.
Back to top Go down
Gilan
Commoner
Gilan

The Ganja Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ganja Thread   The Ganja Thread EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 10:08 pm

Yo anto,

for hand vapes theres:

the magic flight box
wooden box with an external battery that heats a metal tray inside the box with ur herbs, $100-150 (have to buy pre charged batteries from the website but they have a lot of charge in them)

the pax
nice little discrete black oval/glasses case shape, pop out mouth piece small herb loading tray in the box, really like this piece from the times ive used it runs around $250

the no2
hand held digital display a little bulkier than the others but really good vape, charges in the wall ~$150

as for the vapes that plug in, most of them are shit and the tubing from the plastic piece starts to release vapors sometimes, the only one id recommend is the volcano
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

The Ganja Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ganja Thread   The Ganja Thread EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 2:43 am

150 bucks, jesus

I can't afford that much for something I never tried
Back to top Go down
Aidan
Noble
Aidan

Character sheet
DDO character: Fighter

The Ganja Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ganja Thread   The Ganja Thread EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 8:49 am

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=138073306385842&set=vb.136940799832426&type=2&theater
Back to top Go down
Mysterie
Squire
Mysterie

Character sheet
DDO character:

The Ganja Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ganja Thread   The Ganja Thread EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 5:53 pm

This is a rage in the Netherlands, my brother uses it at school so no one notices that he's stoned as a parrot. Which is hilarious since his face looks like he just ate, sniffed, smoked and baked some space cake at the same time, but oh well.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_nkw=shisha+pen&_frs=1

Apparently you can reuse those oil capsules and fill them with oil you extracted from the cannabis.

Not sure what the recipe was for that, but to keep it a bit 'budget' you can use a rice cooker, a coffee filter and a 95% 'drinkable' alcohol.

ETA : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69ngb6Zf4GQ

Its Dutch, but who cares you can see the tools. Razz
Back to top Go down
Gilan
Commoner
Gilan

The Ganja Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ganja Thread   The Ganja Thread EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 7:10 pm

concentrates is what theyre called  Very Happy 

theyre wicked fun/intense if you're not careful, i smoke bho (butane hash oil) allll the time, its basically hash that is incredibly potent. I smoke mine on top of some herb (reducing how much I buy a week) but you can also smoke it on whats called an "oil rig" which is just a bong with a nail type thing in it with a glass dome that sort of vapes the oil.

the capsules are alcohol hash oil, same idea just different extraction medium. oil is all the rage on the west west coast and for co smokers.

speaking of, legal sales of herb on the first day in CO the other day topped $1 million.
Back to top Go down
Trinity
Noble
Trinity

Character sheet
DDO character: Paladin
RK Profession: Butcher

The Ganja Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ganja Thread   The Ganja Thread EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 7:51 pm

I believe it G! Had read about it too, been watching for articles from Colorado about all the happenings. Super stoked, hoping it stays positive and spreads across the nation! Woot Very Happy(at least in my lifetime Wink)

I vape but with the nicotine liquids, here's what I have, wonder if it can be used for the oils too? Was fairly cheap and have a few different tanks for it and a backup battery. Can adjust it to for harder or less hitting (variable voltage), and it holds a great charge can use it for 2 days. Love it. Had it for over a year now.

battery image:
http://image.dhgate.com/albu_285378962_00-1.0x0/original-joyetech-ego-c-twist-battery-with.jpg
tank image:
http://image.dhgate.com/albu_373858644_00-1.0x0/t2-atomizer-t2-1-new-vape-clearomizer-2-4ml.jpg

site-store, w/specs can find it cheaper elsewhere I'd imagine:
http://www.myvaporstore.com/Joye_eGo_C_Twist_Variable_Voltage_650mAh_Battery_p/ego-c-tst.htm
Back to top Go down
ahlia
Knight
ahlia

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Miller

The Ganja Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ganja Thread   The Ganja Thread EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 6:25 am

Fucking stoners.

Razz
Back to top Go down
Luffy1
Squire
Luffy1

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

The Ganja Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ganja Thread   The Ganja Thread EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 7:57 am

LOL like last night I was smoookin a hubbly, and I was doin my thang with a chocolate and mint flavoured tabaco when I decided to mix shit up! Put a fat load of nicely ground holy grail, as I like to dub my stash, and popped it in. Holy crap, was sooo gooooood. It was like choc-mint-with a light fragrancing of weed and I got so smashed. Went all cold and then dumb then chilled...Fking awesome. Was KO for like ever lol. Bestest!

my hubbly looks like this but black and base is a skull..its cool:
The Ganja Thread 420939_090430201700_DSC05218Blue27cm

I have a 1 pipe, 2 pipe, and 4 pipe hubblies LOL! I like my smoookin.
Back to top Go down
Fordo
Commoner
Fordo

Character sheet
DDO character:

The Ganja Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ganja Thread   The Ganja Thread EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 4:49 pm

Sounds nice man, I have a hookah but have never really used it for weed, might be something I try when I get lean next. I've been smoking on some nice lemon haze recently, my friends just harvested and has a spare Half o of Northern lights which I cant wait to get hold of.

The Ganja Thread Photo_10

Rate my bong? Its an acrylic with an ice twist. Not the best, but does the job.  Laughing
Back to top Go down
Luffy1
Squire
Luffy1

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

The Ganja Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ganja Thread   The Ganja Thread EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 1:30 am

LOL extra 5000 points for pulp fiction poster behind you while lighting up haha.

Bong looks top notch man! Mine is a home made job with a plastic coke 500ml bottle hahaha. Blockage is a bitch.
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

The Ganja Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ganja Thread   The Ganja Thread EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 5:13 pm

So,

Sativa or Indica? Smile

I guess I am more an indica guy myself, I like the mellow. But, I do enjoy some good sativa as well.

Trying this strain of sativa called 'Cat Piss' Razz
Back to top Go down
Fordo
Commoner
Fordo

Character sheet
DDO character:

The Ganja Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ganja Thread   The Ganja Thread EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 11:14 pm

Sativa, love that head high. I am a massive haze fan. Nothing like smoking a nice sativa and going on a walk or to a museum/zoo/cinema, just makes shit so much more interesting.  Laughing
Back to top Go down
Gilan
Commoner
Gilan

The Ganja Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ganja Thread   The Ganja Thread EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 2:42 pm

anto_capone wrote:
So,

Sativa or Indica? Smile

I guess I am more an indica guy myself, I like the mellow. But, I do enjoy some good sativa as well.

Trying this strain of sativa called 'Cat Piss' Razz

Proven fact that weed that smells awful=dank ass buds. Was parting at a college last weekend and we got some nugs that just smelled like a block of blue cheese, I was high off my ass.

As for S or I, depends on my mood, if I have a day off and wanna toke for the day I want something that will make whatever I'm doing more interesting like Fordo said but usually I'm toking after work and want something to relax. I also live in a strict state so its not like I have huge options for medicating myself but I take what I can get.

Actually, I live in NH and our house of reps just passed the bill to legalize (which will get swiftly turned down by senate and vetoed by governor) but thought it was pretty cool we were the first legislative body in America to vote for it.

Times are a changing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Ganja Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ganja Thread   The Ganja Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

The Ganja Thread
Page 1 of 1