Aidan
Rareit
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Rareit
Commoner
Rareit

Looking for a writer(s) Empty
PostSubject: Looking for a writer(s)   Looking for a writer(s) EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 7:50 pm

I am looking for a writer or writers to help make a story line, dialogue, and such for an RPG I am planning on writing. As for settings and time period I am looking for. I want fantasy and adventure without technology per say middle age technology and magic. If you are interested get up with me whatever method you have to contact me(rk ingame mail, skype, kik, on this forum seriously I am not hard to get up with and if you want my skype name just contact me in game. My kik name is Rareit.) I can design levels and worlds just fine but I need something to go on in story section.
Back to top Go down
Aidan
Noble
Aidan

Character sheet
DDO character: Fighter
RK Profession: None

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a writer(s)   Looking for a writer(s) EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 8:04 pm

wait, you're creating an RPG? Did I read that right? Smile
Back to top Go down
Rareit
Commoner
Rareit

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a writer(s)   Looking for a writer(s) EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 8:11 pm

Yep
Back to top Go down
Aidan
Noble
Aidan

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a writer(s)   Looking for a writer(s) EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 8:20 pm

sweet, let me help Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rareit
Commoner
Rareit

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a writer(s)   Looking for a writer(s) EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 8:22 pm

with code?
Back to top Go down
Aidan
Noble
Aidan

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a writer(s)   Looking for a writer(s) EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 8:34 pm

No Shocked

..not quite there yet Razz
Back to top Go down
Rareit
Commoner
Rareit

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a writer(s)   Looking for a writer(s) EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 8:36 pm

writing?
Back to top Go down
Aidan
Noble
Aidan

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a writer(s)   Looking for a writer(s) EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 8:40 pm

DING DING DING

cheers
Back to top Go down
Donte
Citizen
Donte

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a writer(s)   Looking for a writer(s) EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 8:44 pm

Can help if you really need it. I randomly get bursts of inspiration.
Back to top Go down
Zukran
Commoner

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a writer(s)   Looking for a writer(s) EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 8:49 pm

I'm always happy to help out if need be. You can no doubt see my writing style in my RK RPs, and I would have no issue contributing and writing, since it's one of the things I can actually do.
Back to top Go down
ahlia
Knight
ahlia

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Miller

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a writer(s)   Looking for a writer(s) EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 8:55 pm

Good to see you asking for help Very Happy

I'm always up for helping if I've got time between all the art I'm doing for ya Razz
Back to top Go down
Rareit
Commoner
Rareit

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a writer(s)   Looking for a writer(s) EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 8:56 pm

Can you send me something each of you wrote? That you think is good that is I mean I could go searching through your RPs and stuff but I might come across stuff that you don't think well of or weren't trying on. I'll pm you my email send it there as a docx file or a regular .txt file.
Back to top Go down
Roby Lambourne
Citizen
Roby Lambourne

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a writer(s)   Looking for a writer(s) EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 9:29 pm

There is a story I have been writing sort of, maybe it will be a good setting. I don't have my file with me at the moment but I hope to find it and I can post it if you like. But for now here is the basic background I created for it.

'It's a continent shaped in almost a rectangle shape, and is split into 6 districts/countries/territories. Each with its own climate and culture.

In the north you have your traditional hardy Norse cold bracing men and women, in a state of civil war between a tyrannical king and his brother in an uprising fought from East to West of their ice land with frozen fjords and ice breaker long ships when naval combat is the way forward.

To the East is a tropical jungle/rain forest esque land, with crumbled medieval type ruins dotted throughout the land but this is the land of magic and reclusive magicians both masters and students. Not in the harry potter way, but journey men wizards who are hired as mercenaries, perhaps even hiding their skills in other lands or even their own, some people taboo magic others welcome it. Led by a secretive and powerful head wizard both feared and admired and often accused of being the cause of the decay and overgrown plants and over sized animals that plague their humid land with his blood magic, or so it is rumored. Necromancy is an epidemic and close to a splinter group rising up to take power from the leaders their guerrilla warfare approach, only with magic. If you don't want magic, then its best to leave this one out though its more of a 'game of thrones' approach to magic that its dying out and people are having to resort to getting whatever magic they can get.

To the south is a Mediterranean climate with a Carthaginian theme, experts sailors and fishermen, traders, marines and pirates. Currently the rich colorful vibrant lively country is loosely cut in three parts as 3 rival rich historic merchant family guilds use intrigue, assassination, pirates and mercenaries to attack their rivals companies at home and abroad resorting to a huge spike in piracy around their warm seas. Their rich wares are perhaps just a front for their ugly disloyalty to each other.

And to the west, your typical knights of the realm, lords in castles with their rules and authority. A land in peace with a king and his sole male heir, but they are military precise on land with roman-esquetactics only with a medieval setting. They have a superior complex and defend their borders avidly and their diplomats are hard line, but usually persuaded by money or power, as are their lords looking to worm their way into more land and more titles.

But these 4 nations are not bordering each other, for in the middle of the continent is a huge desert larger then the 4 nations together, and in it, every troubled criminal and general scum of the earth congregate in a mad max style gangs and roam the deserts on their horses with hun horseback skills and their constant warlorading to raid rival tribes and the 4 nations that border their dead dusty land.

But the most peculiar faction in the known world are those that belong to a hidden island in the west, connecting to the nation of knights by a bridge and a precarious relationship. belong a Buddhist type religious people who share in no worldly issues like money or war, but instead spare their existence to education in all areas, but none more so they documenting the stars and space in the hope to contact their god. Other people usually scorn their faces at the mention of such apparent weaklings in a world ruled by sword and might. Only a lesser known history of these monks is that they are trained warrior monks when the time calls to defend their temple island and their students. Should anyone ever attempt to invade them for their treasures and their other worldly knowledge, it may take more then brute might.

Trouble is brewing in all nations, between nations and every man, woman and child is in pursuit of something. Money, power, blood, god or glory, in a troubled world of such varying cultures, history is bound to be made.'
Back to top Go down
Trinity
Noble
Trinity

Character sheet
DDO character: Paladin
RK Profession: Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a writer(s)   Looking for a writer(s) EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 10:48 pm

I'll give ya a hand too Rare with whatever. With the writing however, to have an idea of what you're wanting described would be helpful, if that's possible?
Back to top Go down
Chyler
Citizen
Chyler

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Miller

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a writer(s)   Looking for a writer(s) EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 12:06 am

Rare i would love to help you if you needed me too Smile
Back to top Go down
Luffy1
Squire
Luffy1

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a writer(s)   Looking for a writer(s) EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 2:00 am

You cant have an RPG without the subnet uber boss level RARE! You need ME! ^.^ luffy1_rk@hotmail.com, thats my skype thingy-magigy, you know what to do brah!

http://www.nngo.biz/t1847-origins-the-tale-of-luffy-the-pirate-king
That above link is mostly for my dialog practise, but there is a RP Morgz and I did in the Glen somewhere, I just gots te findz it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a writer(s)   Looking for a writer(s) Empty

Back to top Go down

Looking for a writer(s)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All your Nachos are belong to us! :: General :: Off Topic-
Jump to: