AuthorMessage
Raniets
Commoner
Raniets

Character sheet
DDO character: Fighter
RK Profession: None

Europa Universalis IV Empty
PostSubject: Europa Universalis IV   Europa Universalis IV EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 4:46 am

Well, i see there is a topic for Crusader Kings 2 in here, but no EUIV topic, so im making one.

What is EUIV?
well, its basically a direct continuation of where the CK2 timeline ends(there even exists a CK2 - EUIV converter, which allows you to convert your ended CK2 game over to EUIV and continue taking over the world, the WHOLE world), its also made by the same people.

EUIV starts in 1444, though its also very different to CK2 in terms of how you play it.
CK2 is mostly based around people management, throw marriages east and west, assassinate babies, your wife you vassals, you next door neighbor cause you want his land, keep your vassals happy so you get troops, etc, etc.
EUIV is in that aspect much easier. you deal less with people, and more with countries, making it quite a bit easier in terms of that, but challenging in its own way.
if you want to expand your country or kingdom, you just don't declare war, march over, win and its yours.
you get a reason to attack, either through fabricating claims, or trade disputes, or to show superiority, or because they insulted you and other reasons, you take over their stuff.. but you only get a few counties at most or else your overexertion is gonna blow you up.
then its a whole lot of work to core provinces and so forth.

it also involves the whole world, you can start as native tribe in America, or a clan in japan, or jump straight in to the 100 years war between England and France.. or go for the real challenge.. unite Ireland and take over England (not all that simple as it sounds like, believe me, ive tried)

i might not be the best at explaining how this game works in a good way, so check this out instead:

i play it quite often, both single and multilayer, and with mods of all sizes and flavors ofc.
available on steam, i highly recommend the "Conquest of Paradise" expansion as well.. which allow for randomized new world, aka a totally random generated south and north America. allows for a mod that randomizes the whole world, making it much more exciting.
Back to top Go down

Europa Universalis IV
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All your Nachos are belong to us! :: General :: Various Games-
Jump to: