SW: TOR anyone?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
the_flame
Squire

SW: TOR anyone? Empty
PostSubject: SW: TOR anyone?   SW: TOR anyone? EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 1:59 am

Is anyone playing it? I do the free version and it's very nice (most restrictions hit pvp players and I am not a big fan of pvp anyways). We could occasionally group, or something.

I have 25 lvl sith warrior on Progenitor server atm.
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger
RK Profession: Blacksmith

PostSubject: Re: SW: TOR anyone?   SW: TOR anyone? EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 4:29 am

i never tried it, is free now?
Back to top Go down
http://www.nngo.biz
the_flame
Squire

PostSubject: Re: SW: TOR anyone?   SW: TOR anyone? EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 4:53 am

It's f2p. With free version you can go through main story and reach lvl 50, pretty much enough for me. Imo, quite OK game, worth to try.
Back to top Go down
James
Squire

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: SW: TOR anyone?   SW: TOR anyone? EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 9:22 am

Hmm nice. I did the beta for it, didn't stick with it because of the subscription. Didn't know it was f2p now.
Back to top Go down
kythera
Commoner
kythera

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: None

PostSubject: Re: SW: TOR anyone?   SW: TOR anyone? EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 11:56 am

It's F2P, but worth the sub. I think F2P also limits some of your social interactions, like chat and mail and guilds and stuff, and you can't do endgame ops for free. Most of the restrictions are convenience things, like quicktravel or fleet travel or not being able to sprint until level 10 or stuff. But all of those things you can buy unlocks for. And if you were never a sub before you might not notice the inconvenience of not having them. I had a sub originally and then tried it again on F2P and bought a sub within the first 10 minutes because I was so annoyed at the restrictions.

I love the game, though, I'm addicted Razz Been playing since the beta, on and off. The stories are great, the grouping and social interactions with other players are the best I've experienced in an MMO, and they recently added pvp starfighter which just rocks. Pvp warzones is hit or miss depending on what class you roll and which warzone you end up in. All my chars are on The Red Eclipse, I think I have one of everything at this point. My main is a sorcerer. Would love to run with any of you anytime! Also, even if you're in the Americas I recommend using the EU servers. I've found that the US servers have WAY more trolls and 12 year olds, or at least they did last time I tried playing on them. I always ended up turning chat off so I didn't have to see it. Don't have that problem much on Red Eclipse.

For a good first experience I recommend rolling a sith warrior or bounty hunter/trooper. They have good stories and are fairly easy to level and solo. And of course the dark side is way more fun  Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
the_flame
Squire

PostSubject: Re: SW: TOR anyone?   SW: TOR anyone? EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 2:06 am

Yeah, you can buy unlocks for separate features, if you don't want to subscribe. But free version is very much playable, has some inconviniences and, I suppose, since you ain't getting coolest gear you shall suck in PvP at higher levels. Also, you don't have all content with free version, like lvl 55 quests and planets, but to go till lvl 50 (what is available) will take enough time anyways.

Quests are quite good as for MMORPG. They surely got some inspiration from KotOR I & II, which is nice. And - of course! - lightsabers! I am not a fan of SW franshise, but I just can't resist the temptation to kill someone with lightsabers ;P
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SW: TOR anyone?   SW: TOR anyone? Empty

Back to top Go down

SW: TOR anyone?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All your Nachos are belong to us! :: General :: Various Games-
Jump to: