Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Sullihan
Commoner

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Blacksmith

Funny Scottish Shit - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 10:09 pm

Terrasophia wrote:

In all seriousness, the oldest account doesn't get eradicated, assuming she wasn't able to talk herself out of the accusations.  Just look at what's her face, Grace.  

Is that new? Shaylynn and I were both eradicated together before the shared account thing.
Back to top Go down
Springtime
Noble
Springtime

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 11:10 pm

I think it depends on a few things, what the offense was, whether tokens are bought often, etc.

Back on topic, Galloway and Glasgow need to decide if they want to try to work this out or not, without going to war.  I don't think either side really wants war, but Galloway and all of it's citizens/agents need to stop interfering in Glasgow, in every way.  The question is can that happen?
Back to top Go down
Bekah
Noble
Bekah

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 2:34 am

As an aside, you are still building ramparts?  You do know that they can be deleted with one click by a mayor right?  Until the Admins fix that little bug, ramparts are a huge risk with no gain.  As to the rest, I have no stake in any of it so will just watch from afar Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fitz_
Squire
Fitz_

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 7:27 am

Evan_t wrote:
Funny Scottish Shit - Page 3 Evan_CoA_Collar

From the Duke of Galloway

Ducal decree regarding labelled pirates by the Grand Duchy of Bretagne

Having received news of the recent lawless actions of a group of people, labelled as pirates by their own County, the County of Galloway proceeds with the following measures:

The following ships will not be allowed to dock in any port in Galloway, nor will be tolerated to force dock in natural bays:

Ar spontus - Battle carrack - cap. Pit51
Sainte reyne Nathan - Battle carrack - cap. Alieniore
Black salt - war cog - cap. Evenice06
Edelweiss - war cog - Cap. Guiyom
Duché 1 - war cog
Arch'wadeg - war cog
le Sans Nom - war cog

This does not exclude cases of urgent repairs, sea storms or any other reasons that may be presented. A change of captain will also not cause lifting of this measure.

The following list of people, in order to guard the security of our transportations and ensure the safety of our citizens, will not be allowed to enter the County by any means, whether by ship or land routes, either on their own or as part of the crew of neutral ships or as members of neutral groups or armies:

Alieniore
Astrabald
Eirine
Emma_sdk
Erika007
Evenice06
Guiyom
Indri
Linkii
Mael.de.kerdraon
Marcus54
Pit51
Tatoo
Zazzera
Zeldaa

This is to be enforced by all authorities in Galloway. Harbourmasters and the General of the GAF are hereby instructed to keep this list in mind and enforce this decree.

Signed on the 30th of June, 1463
Evan T.Campbell
Duke of Galloway

Funny Scottish Shit - Page 3 Galloway_y
Back to top Go down
Jurias
Commoner
Jurias

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 7:51 am

Jurias wrote:
It is things just like this, that break any trust we built into dust and put us right back into the same mindframe as before this treaty ever existed.

Whenever statements like "We are different" are used, they are naturally met with skepticism that is eradicated over time through proof and action.
Recent events have made that time spent irrelevant. It is a shame to be sure. But now we only see the old Galloway who would lie and cover for "rogue" elements.

I do hate to sound harsh, but that will be how it is viewed.

Trust is a very delicate thing... Especially when histories are long and complicated.

This is what I said to some of the Galloway councilors, not long after the incident. I stand by that now. We do not crave war, but we simply cannot trust them and have ourselves in the same position time after time. It is an endless cycle and a major threat. I cannot speak for all of us at fury but... If a bulk of us leave home, we certainly do not feel safe or comfortable with Galloway to our south, even with a standing peace treaty.
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 8:03 am

HandsomeFin wrote:
About the fight: Y'all attacked people, possibly conspirators but it seems only on a personal level, and killed people who just happened to be in the group. That's murder, sure if we want to be the bad guys but you can't claim to be helping the county by killing people before a trial, that just makes your council look bad and possibly guilty by association.

You really shouldnt lecture Glaswegians about Glasgow's laws and customs.

Tam/Spr wrote:
Nine grand was never put into the city, I know that for sure. I think if it didn't go to the debt, it went to the getting the materials, paying for stone on the counties end and the likes. The only way that could have been stolen is it had been misplaced outside of the county officials hands. Truth ain't trusted, and Sierra never got on the council beyond the time the attack on Stirling took place, so how'd the hell these funds vanish? O.o

They didnt vanish. GC now should have quite big walls. But who can say if Sierra didnt fund Sheridan's elections with GC's money ? Admins have the audits disabled at the moment Neutral

Springtime wrote:
Back on topic, Galloway and Glasgow need to decide if they want to try to work this out or not, without going to war.

So far, I didnt hear anything that Galloway could offer to us.

Bekah wrote:
As an aside, you are still building ramparts?  You do know that they can be deleted with one click by a mayor right?  Until the Admins fix that little bug, ramparts are a huge risk with no gain.

I do think that the admins would restore the walls if asked. Maybe I'm too hopeful. But in our place, when our county comes under the attack frequently, we've got to do our best to defend ourselves and we do need those walls. None knows if and when admins will fully implement them, but we cant do anything about it.
Back to top Go down
julius_octavius
Serf

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 8:13 am

Jurias wrote:
Jurias wrote:
It is things just like this, that break any trust we built into dust and put us right back into the same mindframe as before this treaty ever existed.

Whenever statements like "We are different" are used, they are naturally met with skepticism that is eradicated over time through proof and action.
Recent events have made that time spent irrelevant. It is a shame to be sure. But now we only see the old Galloway who would lie and cover for "rogue" elements.

I do hate to sound harsh, but that will be how it is viewed.

Trust is a very delicate thing... Especially when histories are long and complicated.

This is what I said to some of the Galloway councilors, not long after the incident. I stand by that now. We do not crave war, but we simply cannot trust them and have ourselves in the same position time after time. It is an endless cycle and a major threat. I cannot speak for all of us at fury but... If a bulk of us leave home, we certainly do not feel safe or comfortable with Galloway to our south, even with a standing peace treaty.

Then move.
Back to top Go down
Angeljoy25
Noble
Angeljoy25

Character sheet
DDO character: Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 8:18 am

Jules just keeps proving, that this I think is the issue:

How do we trust Galloway with JO and that mindset? He just wants Fury gone from Scotland.
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 8:21 am

Jo is a marginal obviously, but why Galloway tolerates him ?
Back to top Go down
julius_octavius
Serf

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 9:28 am

Wrong. I want whatever is causing the same old bullshit, done. Its obvious that this cannot happen, unless there is distance between us.

I am the biggest supporter of the death of the Whitesnow family, yes.

Reasons are my own, but pretty obvious. Im only here, to provide a voice for those who are truly innocent in all of this. The people of Galloway, and the people of Glasgow. Im saying, if you want a war so badly, dont come up with silly claims. Raise your swords and let's have at it. Our counties are in bad enough shape as it is. Id rather not have them broken.

But, to the point. I actually believe, if Fury moved to Ireland. All of Scotland would come together, and like I said, we have more than one reason to be friends. You are seeing things, that aren't there. Maybe out of mistrust, but we are feeling the same.

Doesnt have to be that way. Doesnt have to be this boring. All we are doing is holding each other back between the counties. Galloway tolerates me for a reason. But you dont find me calling our mayors "Agents of Fury".. Laughing That's just paranoia.

Isn't there a county that got crushed in Ireland, available for colonization?
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 9:35 am

We wont move to Ireland. We like Glasgow too much. Maybe its you and cowbells who should go back to England ?
Back to top Go down
Jurias
Commoner
Jurias

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 9:43 am

Are you actually asking us to give up Glasgow, to give up our home, so you can have Scotland?

Is this guy serious?

The reason things stay the same is because people like you say dumb stuff like
julius_octavius wrote:
But you dont find me calling our mayors "Agents of Fury".. Laughing That's just paranoia.

Just because it is easier to escape from a crime than it is to prove one (Such is often the way of lawful process), doesn't make it less real to people who know the truth of matters Smile

Either way, I think it's quite evident that none of us are planning to go anywhere and we hate you just as much as you hate us. Healthy, isn't it?
Got any other bright suggestions for preventing this "boring" cycle?
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 9:45 am

JO is just a locust Razz

I do still want to hear if Galloway has anything to offer to us.
Back to top Go down
Tam/Spr
Citizen

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 12:54 pm

Dry wrote:
They didnt vanish. GC now should have quite big walls. But who can say if Sierra didnt fund Sheridan's elections with GC's money ? Admins have the audits disabled at the moment Neutral

Well, we've got decent walls, but I'd always like to build more.
I reckon had she been fiddling our finances, we'd clearly see it, or at least the mayor after her would have. I left two grand or a bit less when I left office, it was down to five hundred or the likes last I heard. Though there's been other mayors in that time, without the audit getting to the bottom of it would be a nightmare.
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 12:59 pm

Evan_t wrote:
The Council of Galloway has nothing to tell on the matter of peace. We have an ongoing peace treaty, one that neither Galloway nor Glasgow has broken by declaring war.

Now, Duke Sinthas, if you accept that Lord Whitesnow's Call to Arms in the Glasgow Inn is a declaration of war against Galloway County, this is a completely different situation. First of all, it raises a question as to whom Galloway should be talking to as the official authority of Glasgow. Secondly, I would like to receive proof that the current peace agreement is not in place, due to such a declaration.

If not, then there is peace, valid through a peace treaty that is already in place. In this case, we can give guidelines to our diplomats and let them negotiate treaties that will further enhance this peace and fortify it against the ill will of people from BOTH sides of the border. Or we can engage in talks directly, elected government with elected government.

I must remind you, yet, that more than enough Councillors and I, as the coordinator of this Council, have spoken for peace, while Glasgow officials have not done so in the same extent.

It is as it is.
Back to top Go down
Tam/Spr
Citizen

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 1:20 pm

Well, it's not exactly wrong. I'm not on the council, but they've followed nearly everyone of my suggestions, your not on the council yourself, so to them it'll look like you're supping the power from the county. So if there were to be talks, who are they to go to, county officials or you guys. Whether or not if you declare war, whether or not Glasgow is within that choice. Semantics really.
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 1:26 pm

I've signed the treaty and on behalf of Fury as well.
Back to top Go down
Tam/Spr
Citizen

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 1:29 pm

So... again, if I'm wrong happily say, if there's going to be a war county to county, won't this one need to vote on it? To makes it all official and the likes.
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 1:33 pm

I dont know. I do care more about how Galloway will fulfill their end of the treaty, because its clear we wont have any discussions on how to keep the peace.
Back to top Go down
Springtime
Noble
Springtime

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 1:47 pm

If Galloway's idea on how Glasgow and Galloway work together is electing Sheridan Queen, and sending Ian to Brittany looking for allies to force the CA out of Scotland, then I don't see how they can be seen to have kept to the terms of the treaty. And that's not even counting their subterfuge, used to loot Glasgow towns, essentially taking back 20-35% of the reparations paid, and stealing those monarch votes for Sheridan.

*shakes her head*

I see no reason to talk further. I know what needs to be done now. *sighs*
Back to top Go down
Tam/Spr
Citizen

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 1:56 pm

Again, if Ian had been on the council whilst he went to Brittany, there'd be some agreement there, he's on trial down there for impersonating the council by those talks he had over there. There's no evidence to say Glasgow city has been mismanaged, though the funds may be in such a state. Stirling was mismanaged by Davelish, a Glasgow citizen, so that's an internal one that needs to be dealt with by us.

It's grasping at straws at the moment without anything concrete to actually move on. And if there is war, being in Glasgow city, I'm first on the line here. If we go smashy smashy, can we at least make sure the reasons are water tight before Galloway turns into Munster and Scotland closes?
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 2:09 pm

Its all simple: either Galloway will try to make up for what was done and makes sure it wont happen anymore or we will be going to act. The old treaty will perfectly serve for casus belli. What I am asking for - some sort of dialogue/discussion between the sides. But it wont happen.

Last edited by WhiteSnow on Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jurias
Commoner
Jurias

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 2:14 pm

Tam/Spr wrote:
Again, if Ian had been on the council whilst he went to Brittany, there'd be some agreement there, he's on trial down there for impersonating the council by those talks he had over there. There's no evidence to say Glasgow city has been mismanaged, though the funds may be in such a state. Stirling was mismanaged by Davelish, a Glasgow citizen, so that's an internal one that needs to be dealt with by us.

It's grasping at straws at the moment without anything concrete to actually move on. And if there is war, being in Glasgow city, I'm first on the line here. If we go smashy smashy, can we at least make sure the reasons are water tight before Galloway turns into Munster and Scotland closes?  

Actually Ian WAS on the CC. Apparently in an unseated role, so he wasn't general of the GAF, but he was on the council (Or so I took from the HH discussions with Penn and Matori)
Back to top Go down
Bekah
Noble
Bekah

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 2:14 pm

Telling people to move just because you don't get along with them is bullshit.  Up to now I have been staying out of this because it isn't my fight, but seriously?  You can't play nicely with someone so they have to leave?  You are the one with the problem then.  

I don't advocate war, but I don't advocate pushing people around either.  The polarisation of Scotland is interesting and full of opportunity, but wanting to eliminate your opponents (this goes to both sides) is not a solution.  You are either going to constantly be at war or you are going to have to find a way to coexist in an uneasy peace.  Elimination is not going to happen, mostly because I think both sides love their homes too much and are too stubborn to budge Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Springtime
Noble
Springtime

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 2:22 pm

As I said, I have other duties to attend to now.  In my view Glasgow is not secure, so as a member of the CA, Laighean will be there to help our ally Glasgow, in every way possible.  I don't think the trial of Ian solved anything, unfortunately.  He was a good soldier, and fell on his sword.  I admire his loyalty to Galloway, but it doesn't really change anything.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Funny Scottish Shit   Funny Scottish Shit - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Funny Scottish Shit
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next