AuthorMessage
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger
RK Profession: Blacksmith

Elite Hound? Epic Devil Assault?  Empty
PostSubject: Elite Hound? Epic Devil Assault?    Elite Hound? Epic Devil Assault?  EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 1:11 am

Seems there is an easy button or two. Would like to do both of these quests with some of you guys.

First, there is the Hound which on elite can give +3 tomes. That is always awesome.

I believe Jaayse was shown a way to make it easy, and crazydamage just posted the details of how to do it on Khyber forums:

crazydamage wrote:
Since people in the general forum didnt care I guess I'll share the wealth with khyber ;).
There is a method new to me which is now circulating widely (having seen several lfm's in the last 2 weeks).
I've been taught this by someone else, so I don't know who discovered it orginally.

This method can be done in a complete PUG group with 1 or more competent healers. It could also easily be triod (or less) by a bard + 2 healers.

Zone in.
Hug South wall. Go go SW corner, kill mindflayer grab stone (1). Range mindflayer to the NW and draw him back to the SW, grab stone (2). Repeat same process in SE corner. Now have (4) stones.
Wait 5 minutes, all mindlflayers respawn. Now you have (8) stones.
Go back to S where you zoned in and range xxyzy + puppies. Charm 3 and buff with bard songs. Recharm all 3 and you're done.

NO trash beholders/reavers. The only thing you have to do is charm, buff and heal the dogs. Could even be solod by a bored healer who was willing to repeatedly wait 5 minutes to collect 16 + stones or however many it would take and then scroll heal/SP pot his way to a victory.

Second, there is Epic Devil Assault. I am not sure if it would be wise to try it without a caster with dancing balls (maybe a bard?); but I recently was experimenting with the epic shield from the event and found that it indeed works on epic quests. From what I hear it still isn't changed, so not sure 100%; but the sap effect works on everything and lasts forever (or until you hit the monster again).

What I propose is a caster/bard with ottos/fascinate; a willing healer; and at least a couple melees with the new epic shield. We fascinate/sap the shit out of everything and then nail on one enemy at a time.

If you do not have the shield, i recommend you get it ASAP when the event comes back briefly. What it does, is when you have the shield equipped: on your melee attacks if they are critical hits it procs a 'sap' effect which is essentially fascinate. It is GREAT for crowd control.

+3 tomes can come from Hound.

2 epic tokens, 2 LARGE greensteel mats, and a chance for special epic augments can come from epic devil assault:
Epic difficulty can also drop some special augment crystals.[1]

* Red Augment Crystal of Aligned Planes: bypass all alignment based damage reduction
* Red Augment Crystal of Demon's Ruin: bypass good aligned and cold iron damage reduction
* Red Augment Crystal of Devil's Ruin: bypass good aligned and silver damage reduction
* Red Augment Crystal of Metallic Edges: bypass all metallic based damage reduction
* Red Augment Crystal of Xoriat's Ruin: bypass law aligned and byeshk damage reduction
* These augment crystals' enchantment last for 100 hours after being slotted, after which your item reverts to the original empty augment slot.

High risk, but possibly extremely high reward! Is anyone interested in trying either of these? Would like to do these asap and often. :)

Last edited by anto_capone on Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:53 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.nngo.biz
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet
DDO character: Fighter
RK Profession: None

PostSubject: Re: Elite Hound? Epic Devil Assault?    Elite Hound? Epic Devil Assault?  EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 1:52 am

Happy to bring Zillee along for the ride
Back to top Go down
Tod_Whitesnow
Squire
Tod_Whitesnow

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: Elite Hound? Epic Devil Assault?    Elite Hound? Epic Devil Assault?  EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 1:56 am

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH why all the good stuff when i am away the torture.
Back to top Go down
Blainwolfe
Commoner
Blainwolfe

PostSubject: Re: Elite Hound? Epic Devil Assault?    Elite Hound? Epic Devil Assault?  EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 2:59 am

I'm in! I did do the extremely easy hound, everyone except the healers and ranger/casters were pikers. We only did it on hard because some people were skeptical, but, it worked really well. I think we could do it for sure if anto brings his ranger, jill and I show (or dee with his favored soul) and a caster or DPS.

Personally I wish they hadn't posted the easy way on the forum as it's likely to be fixed. By word of mouth it'd take them much longer to hear of it.

As for the devil's assault... what's the worst that could happen? We die? Razz
Back to top Go down
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet
DDO character: Paladin
RK Profession: Weaver

PostSubject: Re: Elite Hound? Epic Devil Assault?    Elite Hound? Epic Devil Assault?  EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 7:26 am

I'm in for both Smile

As for when, I'm not around this weekend because I'm going to England for my Dad's birthday.
Back to top Go down
Bellz
Knight
Bellz

Location : in a galexy far far away or Khyber... or stuck at work dreaming of Hawaii

Character sheet
DDO character: Cleric
RK Profession: Baker

PostSubject: Re: Elite Hound? Epic Devil Assault?    Elite Hound? Epic Devil Assault?  EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 12:09 pm

the epic shield was fixed ...the charm only holds for 5 seconds now Sad
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger
RK Profession: Blacksmith

PostSubject: Re: Elite Hound? Epic Devil Assault?    Elite Hound? Epic Devil Assault?  EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 8:05 pm

ok so we wont do epic devil assault until i get my wizard to 20 then

we should run more together as a guild tho, i wish we would anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nngo.biz
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Elite Hound? Epic Devil Assault?    Elite Hound? Epic Devil Assault?  EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 6:07 am

May be if we had a regular guild night each week. Folk could make suggestions for what they'd like to run at that time. Quite often when I'm online, I'm already in a quest when I see folk ask if anyone wants to run something on the guild channel.
Back to top Go down
Tod_Whitesnow
Squire
Tod_Whitesnow

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: Elite Hound? Epic Devil Assault?    Elite Hound? Epic Devil Assault?  EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 3:43 am

We now have a core of 7-10 who have level 17-20 chars, I know I have a great time with guild members just before I left.

Tod
Back to top Go down
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet
DDO character: Paladin
RK Profession: Weaver

PostSubject: Re: Elite Hound? Epic Devil Assault?    Elite Hound? Epic Devil Assault?  EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 7:19 am

I prefer running with guildies to Pugging any day of the week (although I don't hate Pugging)!
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Elite Hound? Epic Devil Assault?    Elite Hound? Epic Devil Assault?  EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 11:44 pm

Hitler obviously didn't use the piking method for Hound. Saw this on the ddo site and couldn't resist reposting here Very Happy

http://www.overstream.net/view.php?oid=snsbudl7a6lc
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elite Hound? Epic Devil Assault?    Elite Hound? Epic Devil Assault?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Elite Hound? Epic Devil Assault?
Page 1 of 1