Join us at our NEW forum: www.nngo.biz
All your Nachos are belong to us!
Join us at our NEW forum: www.nngo.biz
All your Nachos are belong to us!

~NNGO IZ SRS BSNS~

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» TORN
The Life and Times of a Ranger - TR Journal One EmptyMon Oct 29, 2018 3:03 pm by anto_capone

» Ridiculously rough draft ideas
The Life and Times of a Ranger - TR Journal One EmptyMon Jul 09, 2018 7:50 pm by James

» The Music Thread!
The Life and Times of a Ranger - TR Journal One EmptyThu Feb 08, 2018 1:19 pm by Trinity

» How's life treating ya?
The Life and Times of a Ranger - TR Journal One EmptyMon Feb 05, 2018 8:06 am by Trinity

» Games to Replace RK - Reviews
The Life and Times of a Ranger - TR Journal One EmptySat Dec 23, 2017 7:28 pm by Bekah

» Queen of Ireland
The Life and Times of a Ranger - TR Journal One EmptySat Dec 23, 2017 12:28 am by jaqk

» RPG Maker
The Life and Times of a Ranger - TR Journal One EmptySat Nov 18, 2017 9:52 pm by Trinity

» Fight of Ages
The Life and Times of a Ranger - TR Journal One EmptyFri Nov 17, 2017 8:43 pm by Trinity

» Access to NNGO Forums
The Life and Times of a Ranger - TR Journal One EmptySat Oct 28, 2017 2:28 pm by gonads

» Laugh of the day
The Life and Times of a Ranger - TR Journal One EmptySat Oct 21, 2017 9:40 pm by Bekah

Navigation
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 215 on Tue May 18, 2021 2:52 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Discord

The Life and Times of a Ranger - TR Journal One

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger
RK Profession: Blacksmith

The Life and Times of a Ranger - TR Journal One Empty
PostSubject: The Life and Times of a Ranger - TR Journal One   The Life and Times of a Ranger - TR Journal One EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 9:25 pm

~Life One~

I woke up hung over and naked, with Jeets telling me crap I already knew. He told me to go to some grotto, and gave me a piece of shit sword. What a goon, maybe next time the dreaming dark take over his mind I'll go pvp instead..

So, after a bit of re-orientation, this bad ass mofo decided to take the first level as a rogue. UMD and disable device are beautiful thing afterall. It's too bad that the combination of a first level rogue and Jeet's stinginess made me feel like I was hitting things with a wet noodle. Not to worry tho, this was a rogue with 13 DEX but 18 STR and 17 CON. Not exactly optimal stats for a rogue I know, but its all part of the plan.

I met up with my honey, who was already pimping out in some adamantine. How she finds this crap I'll never know, but it made my free battleworn chainshirt seem less than...

Armed with my eternal wand of cure minor, ring of feathers, necklace of contemplation, a silly belt with small guild augment slot and the crap Jeet's gave me; we set out to conquer Korthos.

After running all the Korthos quests N/H/E; we leveled up and I took my first of many levels of ranger. 44 granted class feats and favored enemy: undead, along with the loot I had stashed from the syndicate chain showed immediate results. Not that we were dong bad before, hell, either of us still had yet to drink a pot, and never came close to dying. I couldnt dual wield just yet, not for another level...

We decided to blow right through all the Island quest on normal. We didn't do Misery Peak tho. Seemed most the quest were mediocre XP at best, but we racked up 100 slayer and a few explorers in between quests; the best xp seemed to be from the cannith manufacturary. Oh no, the fucking sahagin found me! We giggled non stop.

Quest Log:

All Korthos Village quests: N/H/E
All Island quests except MP: N

Almost level 3
Back to top Go down
http://www.nngo.biz
Tod_Whitesnow
Squire
Tod_Whitesnow

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: The Life and Times of a Ranger - TR Journal One   The Life and Times of a Ranger - TR Journal One EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 5:59 am

Well done Anto and keep up the posts they are great to read

Tod
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Life and Times of a Ranger - TR Journal One   The Life and Times of a Ranger - TR Journal One EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 7:30 pm

Well, my copy of 1000 ways to cook a Kobold has sure gotten it's use. Too bad it wasn't 10,000, because these kobolds sure hate me! No wonder they remember waterworks, we just fucking massacred them in their own house!

Level 3 was a bit of a pain. Even though I finally got my TWF feat granted to me, splashing that level of rogue sure does not help my to-hit ratio. I met my limit in the Missing in Action quest on elite, who would have known that those levers spawned red named shamans that cast hold person. Doesn't help when you've split up to each take a side. Ouch and double ouch.
All is well tho, because before I knew it I was level 4 and chugging heroism/rage/haste pots once again. Ahhh, guild pots; it's whats for dinner! Smile

Not to mention air elementals and a shocking blow trinket. We decided to do kobold assault, and summoned a couple of air ele's; then we went to go make dinner and let the ele's do the work. Good thing they don't have a good union, because these guys just dont know how underpaid they are! Next time, I think I'll pass the star to the air ele and let them choose the quest...

Quest Log:

Level 2 continued:
Info is key NX6/H/E
Haverdasher NX2/H/E
Smugglers Warehouse N
Garrison Missing Pack N
Recovering Lost Tome N
Bringing the Light N
Kobold New Ringleader NX6/H/E
Level up to 3

Level 3:
Misery Peak N
Catacombs Chain N
Missing in Action N/H/E
Sunken Sewer N/H/E
Butchers Path N
WW 1 N
WW 2 NX4
Sacred Helm N
Level up to 4

Level 4:
Baudry Chain N
Redfang N
Kobold Assault N
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Life and Times of a Ranger - TR Journal One   The Life and Times of a Ranger - TR Journal One EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 5:28 pm

Ahh, the thrills of having more backpack space are ever entertaining. Who would have guessed all the masterwork crap I could stash there? It seems I am just starting to finally get vendor trash in my loots, which is much better than the usual crap I just leave in the chest. Something has to pay for my addiction to haste pots...

With level 5, came my first level of fighter. Increased HP, a little extra feat called spring attack mwahahaa, and of course my +6 strength trinket, voice of the master, goggles of time sensing and charged gauntlets have brought much joy to unsuspecting kobolds everywhere. I still can't wait for level 6 tho, so I can retire these level 2 weapons I been using. Very Happy

Trap boxes are getting a bit easier to search, but some are still tough. Tharn's goggles seem ever so far away..

Quest log:

Garrison's H/E
Sunken Sewer E
Butcher's Path H/E
Depths series N
WW pt 3 Nx4
Misery's E
STK N
Miller's Debt solo
Level up to 5

Level 5:
Tangleroot Pt 1-6 E
Tangleroot Pt 7-10 H
WW 4 N
WW chain H
Sharn Syndicate chain N
Irestone N
Explosive situation solo
Home Sweet Sewer solo
Sacred Helm H (yay finally got 150 coin lord favor!)
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Life and Times of a Ranger - TR Journal One   The Life and Times of a Ranger - TR Journal One EmptyWed May 11, 2011 7:47 am

I've neglected this journal because it became a bit time consuming figuring out the entire grind of it.

Will post some great xp sinks in when I get a chance. Smile
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Life and Times of a Ranger - TR Journal One   The Life and Times of a Ranger - TR Journal One EmptyWed May 18, 2011 11:59 am

Delera's pt 2 and 4 window farming
VoN 3
wiz king

Always only run the quest at one level higher! And don't let anyone else in the group if they are two levels higher than the quest Wink

All ran each around 10 times. wiz king was by far the greatest xp per min so far, was cracking over 2k per min with a group. Jill and I duo's it in 15 min by splitting up and each taking a tower. Must have gotten 200k just from wiz king, I did use my first xp pot..

Finally got some 'decent' self healing for mid-battle. My cure moderate only hits me for 35-50 a shot, but it only costs 8 sp now with the update and my SP is plentiful. With the changes to spell point cost it's lead to a new dilemma: metamagics. it was so simple to take maximize and simply double the cost of my CSW from 25 to 50 for 100% boost, but now its 25 extra SP cost on top of.. 12.. Seems so inefficient. With human improved recovery and ranger devotion I will have to see if it is worth it by the time I have to choose. 37 SP is still cheaper than 50...

I finally have my 3rd tier GS HP item done. Is nice to have crushing wave guard back, it procs so often. Also, I am now over 400 HP, can get it to 410 if I find some feather falling boots with a medium augment.. I will need to do something, the FF boots with small augment I wear now are getting beat up to all hell, and will probably break soon.

I now have manyshot, evasion, greater TWF, and improved precise shot. My lit 2 bow is doing massive damage at these lower levels and manyshot active. Multiple lightning bolts that hit for 650 each on top of crit damage still makes me giggle.

I have not met a trap I could not disable yet, or a lock I could not pick (even though I am not putting points into open lock at all). Once in a great while I can't find the trap box, which has made me modify my build to place all further points that would go into spot, into search instead. I forgot that rangers get wild instincts, which is a spell that gives +10 stacking spot. I won't need so many build points in spot afterall, and with my intel being a dump stat it sure don't hurt to have a better chance of finding the box.

So far, the only trap box I could not find was the spike trap chest in cry for help in GH. I still was able to get that chest open tho hehehe.

I know have my tharnes goggles, true seeing is awesome. Also got my leviks shield for those 'oh shit!' moments. I havent had any of those just yet. Matter of fact, feels like a long time since I died.

Also, what is great to know is that my bow seems to never miss. I was worried that I wouldn't have enough DEX in this build but it seems to be enough.

Now that I am tempest 2, I get 100% chance to hit with my off hand attacks, which is nice. Each weapon I have has the same attack bonus. Smile

Having a lot of fun with this build, it just keeps getting better! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Life and Times of a Ranger - TR Journal One   The Life and Times of a Ranger - TR Journal One Empty

Back to top Go down

The Life and Times of a Ranger - TR Journal One
Page 1 of 1