AuthorMessage
Tod_Whitesnow
Squire
Tod_Whitesnow

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

New Guild members Empty
PostSubject: New Guild members   New Guild members EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 9:07 pm

As I have created this I question.

Do we as a guild want new blood from the wider DDO community.

Should we have a application form that a prospective can fill out here for a wider vote from the Guild. Which outlines the ethos of the guild and what will and wont be tolerated.

Then that form has some information about the other partyl

Then we have a run I suppose with some guild members if the person is not well known to a few members of the guild
Back to top Go down
Likaios
Commoner
Likaios

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: None

New Guild members Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Guild members   New Guild members EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 9:22 pm

No option for don't care? I actually don't care much at all. I trust that Anto and officers will make good decisions on who to invite, wherever they may come from.
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger
RK Profession: Blacksmith

New Guild members Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Guild members   New Guild members EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 3:50 am

Doesnt matter to me, as long as they are nice, and active. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.nngo.biz
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger

New Guild members Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Guild members   New Guild members EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 3:51 am

oh and added 'dont mind either way/dont care' as an option. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.nngo.biz
ArcaneJill
Admin
ArcaneJill

Character sheet
DDO character: Cleric

New Guild members Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Guild members   New Guild members EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 3:58 am

Voted "Yes, with conditions."

Anto and I were talking about it today, and while most of our recruiting has come from RK and RL friends/family of RK people, many of us no longer play RK or play in a very limited capacity (log in, eat, click an action, done.) If we want to grow at all, we're going to have to do outside recruiting.

That said, I like our little family. I don't want us to turn into a bunch of elitist jerks, but I do think that anyone invited to join the guild has to run with a few of us and have some people vouching for them. It's far more important that someone be friendly, willing to help others, and not a cause of drama than it is for them to be able to build or gear an uber toon. I also think that for the sake of anyone new to the guild, they need to be made aware of things that could potentially bother them: we are small, we are all on different time zones around the world, and some of us have known each other for years so they may feel like an outsider especially at first.
Back to top Go down
Dee_Snider
Knight
Dee_Snider

Character sheet
DDO character: Wizard

New Guild members Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Guild members   New Guild members EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 4:44 am

Voted "Don't mind either way/Don't care"
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet
DDO character: Fighter

New Guild members Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Guild members   New Guild members EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 10:44 am

Voted the "don't mind" option, as honestly being from RK is no guarantee of knowing who someone is either, so it makes little difference to me. Already plenty in the guild that I don't know from RK.

Really I agree with what Jill wrote, no matter if someone comes from RK or not.

ArcaneJill wrote:
I do think that anyone invited to join the guild has to run with a few of us and have some people vouching for them. It's far more important that someone be friendly, willing to help others, and not a cause of drama than it is for them to be able to build or gear an uber toon. I also think that for the sake of anyone new to the guild, they need to be made aware of things that could potentially bother them: we are small, we are all on different time zones around the world, and some of us have known each other for years so they may feel like an outsider especially at first.
Back to top Go down
Bellz
Knight
Bellz

Location : in a galexy far far away or Khyber... or stuck at work dreaming of Hawaii

Character sheet
RK Profession: Baker

New Guild members Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Guild members   New Guild members EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 12:13 pm

I agree with Jills comments too.

Personally, I don't want to see us being some huge guild. I think that is where the issues start to happen, and with having friends in so many different guilds I get this peek into the not so fun side of them all. It's what I would like to avoid.

I won't say omg no! Because that would be silly, and I know there are some very awesome people in ddo that would be great in our guild. (no I'll never ask any of the ones I run with... I'm strange like that and like to keep the two groups apart....Anto knows too many stories, and Phornax would ask too many damn questions to a group who's known me for practically ever...at least online)

They'd need to fit in, laid back and fun... Maybe we can make some sort of trial period up, giving both them and us a chance to test out things, see if both sides want it and are comfortable then have them join? I think theres a few guilds around that do that.
The one thing I will say no to is open recruiting of anyone and anything that crosses our path.
Back to top Go down
Likaios
Commoner
Likaios

Character sheet
DDO character:

New Guild members Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Guild members   New Guild members EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 3:10 pm

Agreed with Jill as well. Rather than making a hard and fast rule on this, would it be more fitting for this group to just leave it up to consensus of officers and Anto to make each decision? NNGO-DDO has never really seemed like a big rules and laws kind of group to me.
Back to top Go down
Tod_Whitesnow
Squire
Tod_Whitesnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

New Guild members Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Guild members   New Guild members EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 3:51 pm

Thanks all this was the discussion I was after. I am happy to leave all my other DDO friends where I find them in what ever guild they are in, just this one had no guild and run with Dark and I and asked could she join ours.

Thanks Tod
Back to top Go down
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet
DDO character: Paladin
RK Profession: Weaver

New Guild members Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Guild members   New Guild members EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 5:34 pm

I don't care either way. I think the majority of us regulars should try to run with someone before we invite them to make sure that their style of play fits with ours and vice-versa.

Heck, if this one person has been running with you Todd and she still wants to join us, then I'd say ya - she has to be laid back and have the patience of angels Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tod_Whitesnow
Squire
Tod_Whitesnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

New Guild members Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Guild members   New Guild members EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 10:35 pm

Also a very good healer ( I know you wanted to say that)

She likes accents as well Zog (well Aussie ones)
Back to top Go down
ArcaneJill
Admin
ArcaneJill

Character sheet

New Guild members Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Guild members   New Guild members EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 3:52 am

Yes, good to have a discussion on this. First time we've had to have this discussion really.

I'm not a fan of having a set of rules and regulations on who can and can't join. I think our "rules" are just common sense: don't be a dick, help each other out, have fun!

I, like Bella, don't want to invite just anyone. If we don't have another new person for the next 6 months it doesn't bother me. Anyone who does join should be people we (or at least some of us) know and like. The goal has never been to have the bestest most awesomest guild evar. It's to have our family together where we can find them and know that when we do accomplish something, we did it together.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Guild members Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Guild members   New Guild members Empty

Back to top Go down

New Guild members
Page 1 of 1