Join us at our NEW forum: www.nngo.biz
All your Nachos are belong to us!
Join us at our NEW forum: www.nngo.biz
All your Nachos are belong to us!

~NNGO IZ SRS BSNS~

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» TORN
Thinking of Trying DDO? Post here! - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2018 3:03 pm by anto_capone

» Ridiculously rough draft ideas
Thinking of Trying DDO? Post here! - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2018 7:50 pm by James

» The Music Thread!
Thinking of Trying DDO? Post here! - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 08, 2018 1:19 pm by Trinity

» How's life treating ya?
Thinking of Trying DDO? Post here! - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 05, 2018 8:06 am by Trinity

» Games to Replace RK - Reviews
Thinking of Trying DDO? Post here! - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 23, 2017 7:28 pm by Bekah

» Queen of Ireland
Thinking of Trying DDO? Post here! - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 23, 2017 12:28 am by jaqk

» RPG Maker
Thinking of Trying DDO? Post here! - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 18, 2017 9:52 pm by Trinity

» Fight of Ages
Thinking of Trying DDO? Post here! - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 17, 2017 8:43 pm by Trinity

» Access to NNGO Forums
Thinking of Trying DDO? Post here! - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 28, 2017 2:28 pm by gonads

» Laugh of the day
Thinking of Trying DDO? Post here! - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 21, 2017 9:40 pm by Bekah

Navigation
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 215 on Tue May 18, 2021 2:52 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Discord

Thinking of Trying DDO? Post here!

Go down 
+36
Helter Skelter
asrieldesmond
Kaireth
Vonkas
Kerin_logan
ahlia
Trinity
Mikhail_216
Jazmyn
Jaseph
Giles Ratcliffe
Liadain
Gilan
Zakku
Ragehammer
Sephrenia
Lunamist
hypno
Rannos
Seldomseen
Cheatley
rhyse
Terrasophia
Dee_Snider
Angeljoy25
ArcaneJill
Goblindad
Diragon
Lance
Beth
Bellz
Zogdor
Tod_Whitesnow
Likaios
Mikhaila
anto_capone
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet
DDO character: Paladin
RK Profession: Weaver

Thinking of Trying DDO? Post here! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thinking of Trying DDO? Post here!   Thinking of Trying DDO? Post here! - Page 4 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 7:14 am

There are also a lot of newer players who probably have toons at around your level!
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger
RK Profession: Blacksmith

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of Trying DDO? Post here!   Thinking of Trying DDO? Post here! - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 2:47 pm

Just noticed on the splash screen:

Limited Time Offer!
Offer ends July 10th.

Just for signing up for a new account on DDO, can get 5 bucks worth of points. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.nngo.biz
Gilan
Commoner
Gilan

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of Trying DDO? Post here!   Thinking of Trying DDO? Post here! - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 6:41 pm

Whats end game like? Pvp? Crafting?

Or is the game based on leveling and exploring and building one character sort of thing?
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of Trying DDO? Post here!   Thinking of Trying DDO? Post here! - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 7:11 pm

its heavy on the end game, but there is no pvp. crafting system is still kinda new bug enormous and ever-growing. crafting at first kinda seemed a shitty grind at first, but now that ive reached a crafting level that can make anything i dont know how i ever lived without it Razz

the 1-20 levels are still great, right now there is a bug with elite difficulty however- its just fuck off difficult and will be fixed soon
Back to top Go down
Gilan
Commoner
Gilan

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of Trying DDO? Post here!   Thinking of Trying DDO? Post here! - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 7:53 pm

need to buy windows to play on bootcamp to play but I'm interested fo sho
Back to top Go down
Bellz
Knight
Bellz

Location : in a galexy far far away or Khyber... or stuck at work dreaming of Hawaii

Character sheet
DDO character: Cleric
RK Profession: Baker

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of Trying DDO? Post here!   Thinking of Trying DDO? Post here! - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 11:42 pm

oooh another guildie =)
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet
DDO character: Fighter
RK Profession: None

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of Trying DDO? Post here!   Thinking of Trying DDO? Post here! - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 3:12 pm

There is PvP, but not many bother with it. The emphasis is on PvE, teaming up with other players to beat the quest - although many take the solo route too.

You can have a load of characters. If you're a free to play member, you can have two toons on each server. The option to have many more on a single server is available if you use the turbine points that accumulate from just playing the game to purchase this option.
Back to top Go down
Gilan
Commoner
Gilan

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of Trying DDO? Post here!   Thinking of Trying DDO? Post here! - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 3:57 pm

Beth wrote:
The emphasis is on PvE

I'll give it a shot when I get a copy of windows, however my play style is more competitive so I may be inactive because I will be trying to play Guild Wars or another game that is PvP oriented.

I appreciate the PvE style and play D&D IRL but I like to focus on only PvP at end game in MMOs. Razz
Back to top Go down
Liadain
Serf

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of Trying DDO? Post here!   Thinking of Trying DDO? Post here! - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 12:39 am

More PvE than PvP kinda lures me back into wanting to try it. I made an account and even downloaded the game last year I think, but I never actually played it because it sounded group-heavy. I am more of a soloist because I tend be the weakest link in groups unless i end up with a lot of patient and awesome players at my side. lol

I used to be big into FFXI before we ran out of spare money to keep playing and ended up closing our accounts. Now I sometimes dabble in Perfect World, when my internet connect will allow me to.

Long and short of it? I'm looking through my bazillion email accounts trying to find my log in info to DDO right now and if my internet connection permits it, I'll actually make a toon this time! Smile
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of Trying DDO? Post here!   Thinking of Trying DDO? Post here! - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 11:12 am

Cool Smile Soloing is pretty easy to do if you prefer that to grouping. Just grab a hireling to complement what you can do and go. Most of the quests can be soloed.

If you find you like the game and think you'll be playing on a regular basis, I can fix you up with a guild invite.
Back to top Go down
Giles Ratcliffe
Serf
Giles Ratcliffe

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of Trying DDO? Post here!   Thinking of Trying DDO? Post here! - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 10:18 pm

Hi guys,
can someone please add me to the guild?

I have only been playing a little while so only have a lvl 4 rogue/wizard as my main.

My toons names are:-
* Zephryn Stormsong - lvl 4 rogue/wizard (this is only one that is off Korthos so far)
* Flistern - lvl 2 fighter
* Lazaare Menendez - lvl 2 sorcerer

Mostly, so far I have only really been playing solo all the time...except when I double up with my daughter

Cheers. I hope to hear from someone in there soon.....most people I have met so far are either dicks or know less about playing than I do (but seem to think they are experts)...which is a feat lol
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of Trying DDO? Post here!   Thinking of Trying DDO? Post here! - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 11:41 pm

Tried to send an invite to Zephryn but it came up as not existing.

Sent invites to the other 2.
Back to top Go down
Giles Ratcliffe
Serf
Giles Ratcliffe

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of Trying DDO? Post here!   Thinking of Trying DDO? Post here! - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 1:03 am

ahh sorry Anto....it's 2 n's.....I forgot I couldn't have the other and had to change spelling cos said it was taken

so the name is:
Zephrynn Stormsong

Thanks heaps

Um...I am a complete noob at DDO.....where do I find the guild invite?
If it is in a mail then I will have to make it to stormreach with those toons first to get it or is there a mail box I can access on Korthos?

What does a guild do? Just the basics....
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of Trying DDO? Post here!   Thinking of Trying DDO? Post here! - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 2:57 am

yes, its in the mail. ill send you an invite to your other toon when i log on later tonight, unless someone gets to it first.

if you are online at the same time as any of our guild officers, you wont need to get to a mailbox, we can invite you directly then. Smile

basic guild stuff is bonus buffs and fast transport, guild chests and storage, and back when there were more of us we had all guild raid parties. Smile
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of Trying DDO? Post here!   Thinking of Trying DDO? Post here! - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 10:03 pm

Sent guild invite Smile
Back to top Go down
Giles Ratcliffe
Serf
Giles Ratcliffe

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of Trying DDO? Post here!   Thinking of Trying DDO? Post here! - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 10:43 pm

Great thanks Anto Smile

Let me know if you need me to do anything

Oh, one of them...Lazaare will take a while to get through Korthos
I made him to play with my daughters toon and is only new..shes not always home but we'll get to Stormreach eventually lol
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of Trying DDO? Post here!   Thinking of Trying DDO? Post here! - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 10:56 pm

Np

If you need anything let us know Smile
Back to top Go down
Jaseph
Commoner

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of Trying DDO? Post here!   Thinking of Trying DDO? Post here! - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 10:54 am

Anto, you should really check out conquer online. You can play on a laptop and it is totally free. Of course there are pay options, but I've made some killer characters without ever spending a dime.
Back to top Go down
Jazmyn
Serf
Jazmyn

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of Trying DDO? Post here!   Thinking of Trying DDO? Post here! - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 3:22 am

I was told to give name of toon.  Not sure here or where.

I am Jazmyn in Rk.  

Toon in ddo is Jazzygirl.  I just started playing, again.  Made it through Korthos hards and working on Storm.  Never been in guild, so not sure what I need to do.  Almost lvl 4.  I am halfling/rouge specialized in sneak/hide/devices.

I do not usually talk there(ddo).  Please contact my mail or better chance on msn/skype jazmynfun@hotmail.com since I there daily.
Back to top Go down
Mikhail_216
Serf

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of Trying DDO? Post here!   Thinking of Trying DDO? Post here! - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 am

With the constant lack of sleepings I'm going to get around to trying this game I need things to do anywho, on the 1/10 how much is it like swtor because that's pretty much where my mmorpg knowledge starts and stops.
Back to top Go down
Trinity
Noble
Trinity

Character sheet
RK Profession: Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of Trying DDO? Post here!   Thinking of Trying DDO? Post here! - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 4:28 pm

Got to play it yesterday, Mik helping quite a bit which was very much appreciated btw!, and really enjoying it! Took forever to download lol, but well worth the wait Smile
Back to top Go down
ahlia
Knight
ahlia

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Miller

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of Trying DDO? Post here!   Thinking of Trying DDO? Post here! - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 6:12 am

So I'm thinking of playing....
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of Trying DDO? Post here!   Thinking of Trying DDO? Post here! - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 9:09 am

Cool. Download it and give it a spin. We're on the khyber world server. You can create two toons on each server for free. If you like it, we can send you an invite to the guild which gives you access to the guild ship - this gives your toon lots of useful buffs for questing.

Truthfully the guild is very inactive - big membership but most don't play. Those who do play have toons at high level. Recommend nudging RK friends who have lapsed from DDO to join you for questing and to see if they'll make a new toon to run with you through the low levels, or put up a group for random strangers to join you in the game. That last option can be surprisingly good fun Smile

If you want to solo the quests, that's doable. Pick up a hireling to help you along (cheap heals).
Back to top Go down
Trinity
Noble
Trinity

Character sheet
RK Profession: Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of Trying DDO? Post here!   Thinking of Trying DDO? Post here! - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 2:00 pm

Ah! If you do hit me up Ahlia, lvl 3 or 4? I believe, been needing someone to run with for certain quests and can help you out too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Terrasophia
Squire
Terrasophia

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of Trying DDO? Post here!   Thinking of Trying DDO? Post here! - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 2:07 pm

Rage is trying a clean install, so we might be back soon-ish (I know, I keep saying that...)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of Trying DDO? Post here!   Thinking of Trying DDO? Post here! - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Thinking of Trying DDO? Post here!
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next