Toasti Jen
Noble
Toasti Jen

Character sheet
DDO character: Barbarian
RK Profession: Blacksmith

Pigeon Post Empty
PostSubject: Pigeon Post   Pigeon Post EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 12:25 am

Even as Toastini walked from the campfire to her tent in between towns, she had not regained her land legs. The earth seemed to move beneath her as she stepped deliberately and slowly. Her campmates laughed and said a few jokes at her expense as they watched from around the campfire. She offered a rude gesture before disappearing in her tent for the night, knowing what they said was in jest.

She left a flap open, a candle burning, and settled on her bedding. She carefully removed a quill, ink bottle and roll of parchment and began writing.

Dear Connie,
Just yesterday I returned home to Ireland. Oddly enough, there was no welcome wagon to greet the small group of us that returned. How strange!

We just left An tInbhear Mór. I have never been to that town before, and we certainly didn't waste anytime getting out. We are headed to our new home, Gort. I hope I see you in passing at least. I am not even quite sure where you lay your head these days. I am sure I will run in to you soon; tis a small Island, after all.

The adventure to England went well. I had a grand time, although I did spend quite a bit of money. Most of it was spent studying in Scotland. I believe I told you about that in my last letter. I understand that there have been rumours abound concerning the battles in England. I don't think I care to dispel them at this time. People will believe whatever they want to, as you well know. Between you and I, I had a great deal of fun, I did get injured quite badly, lost my weapon and shield, and still consider our efforts to be victorious. I love going in to battle, you know that. But I don't care to discuss the amount that perished by the blade of my sword. I find it tactless and gauche, quite frankly. Those who wish to quibble over the amount dead on either side to determine victory are shortsighted and miss the point entirely of being a soldier, in my opinion. But I digress, as usual.

I hope this letter finds you well. If you happen to be in town with any of the cousins, please share this letter with them. I would love to hear from them, or best of all, see them soon!

I've missed you all something fierce. I am looking forward to settling in and gaining some sense of normalcy for a spell. I am so tired of living out of my trunk and satchel. When I get settled in to a cottage of my own, I am going to burn these wartorn clothes I have been wearing for months on end and actually wear a pretty dress! Perhaps I will have a reason; are any of the cousin's getting married anytime soon?

Well, dear sister, my candle has burnt down to a nub. I shall sign off before I am left in pitch black and inevitably spill my ink on my bedding.

Love and hugs to you and any of the family you run into before I do! I hope to see you soon.

Love,
Toastini

PS. I miss Rosa. Can you tell me where she is buried? I'd like to pay my respects when I get the chance.

Also! Please do share this letter with our cousins. If you do: Hello to you, Porcina, Elish and Aria!

The next morning Toastini handed her sealed letter to a passing courier. Not everyone in her party had a horse, so they were making the trek on foot. The intercounty courier was sure to get the letter to Conkord quickly.
Back to top Go down

Pigeon Post
Page 1 of 1