AuthorMessage
Zakku
King of the Incinerator!
Zakku

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Blacksmith

Introductions - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 11 EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 4:44 pm

well how have you all been?
Back to top Go down
Aidan
Noble
Aidan

Character sheet
DDO character: Fighter
RK Profession: None

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 11 EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 4:50 pm

Good Good  king 
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 11 EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 5:18 pm

wow, congrats Zak, tell Mage we said hi Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.nngo.biz
Zakku
King of the Incinerator!
Zakku

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 11 EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 6:12 pm

Just did shes says hello and wants to know how you are Jill are doing
Back to top Go down
Achilles_
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 11 EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 6:51 pm

Congrats Zakku!

Nice to see you check in Smile
Back to top Go down
Aiiane
Commoner
Aiiane

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 11 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 8:24 am

I registered as Aiiane, since most might know me by that name but in-game I'm Isabel deClare. *waves to Anto* *huggles Jill*

Since returning to the game, I'm as bored as bored can be so I decided to join the fun side. *grins*
Back to top Go down
Bekah
Noble
Bekah

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 11 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 9:32 am

Welcome!  I remember you from the old days in Stafford, good to see you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Aiiane
Commoner
Aiiane

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 11 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 9:55 am

I swear, I think those early days in Stafford were the best! I was a new-born right after Litchfield became a colony and Jill had come from Bath (I think) to see if she could lead the town to prosperity, which she very well did. She also took me under her wing and all that I know of the game is due to her wonderful mentorship!
Back to top Go down
Luffy1
Squire
Luffy1

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 11 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 10:16 am

o.O wow you guys are old! I am a year old now woots! Got the trophy and everything! Im sexy and I know it YAR!
Back to top Go down
kythera
Commoner
kythera

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 11 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 3:23 pm

Me too Luffy Razz Noobs FTW!
Back to top Go down
Trinity
Noble
Trinity

Character sheet
DDO character: Paladin
RK Profession: Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 11 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 7:15 pm

Aiiane wrote:
I swear, I think those early days in Stafford were the best!  I was a new-born right after Litchfield became a colony and Jill had come from Bath (I think) to see if she could lead the town to prosperity, which she very well did.  She also took me under her wing and all that I know of the game is due to her wonderful mentorship!

It was and I miss those days! Everything felt so fresh and fun Smile

Think I'd started not too long after? Stafford was very new at the time, Leanasidhe, Jill and Aqueron helped me out quite a bit during those first few new days, was really good times for sure. Really glad to see you here Aiiane! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ArcaneJill
Admin
ArcaneJill

Character sheet
DDO character: Cleric

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 11 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 8:49 pm

Aiiane wrote:
I swear, I think those early days in Stafford were the best!  I was a new-born right after Litchfield became a colony and Jill had come from Bath (I think) to see if she could lead the town to prosperity, which she very well did.  She also took me under her wing and all that I know of the game is due to her wonderful mentorship!

About to head to work for a very long shift, but just wanted to post saying hi! Long time no see! Yes, my own fault since I left the game a long time ago Razz Glad to see you here Smile
Back to top Go down
Luffy1
Squire
Luffy1

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 9:15 am

"It was and I miss those days! Everything felt so fresh and fun Smile"

We should all find a new RP game and all join the same time and learn and explore and rock that place like we do rk! Maybe it will bring back the spark? ^.^

ps, not saying we leave rk lol. Thats too much fun killzing ppl Smile
Back to top Go down
Trinity
Noble
Trinity

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 11:35 am

Luffy1 wrote:

We should all find a new RP game and all join the same time and learn and explore and rock that place like we do rk! Maybe it will bring back the spark? ^.^

I'd like that Luff ^^ possibly right?
Back to top Go down
Luffy1
Squire
Luffy1

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 12:38 pm

RIGHT! Any suggestions? LOL.
Back to top Go down
Aidan
Noble
Aidan

Character sheet
DDO character: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 12:49 pm

Trinity wrote:
Luffy1 wrote:

I'd like that Luff ^^ possibly right?

Secfenia? Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Luffy1
Squire
Luffy1

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 1:13 pm

http://www.medieval-europe.eu/

Looks sorta like RK...
Back to top Go down
Aiiane
Commoner
Aiiane

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 1:41 pm

I have (as well as a few other RK'ers) an account at Mediaevalia (sorry, can't post the link yet).  There's some drawbacks:
The biggest drawback at the moment is that they are migrating to a new server and won't be back online until January 12th.

1) Not a lot of RP, but I think it's because we have so few players
2) Game mechanics are more "find out as you go" as the wiki is very basic
3) Few active players so it takes forever to accomplish anything
4) The graphics aren't that great, although they say they're working on them
5) Other aspects of the game aren't integrated or fully ntegrated

The reasons I stay despite the drawbacks:

1) Professions are well thought out.  Only those who craft the items can actually sell the items on the market, with the exception of the Merchant profession.  However, they can't buy up all the goods in town and then re-sell in their own town.  They have to travel to other cities to sell.
2) The players have the ability to control the development of their town and resources.  Players can gather resources or upgrade resources so that gathering is more profitable.  After your initial purchase of an animal, you can breed your own (need to be able to provide with proper food).  It's really player driven.
3) There are nobles, but it's dependent upon level and paying the fee - not who you know or who likes you.  The first 9 nobles form a council (it only takes 7 to elect a King/Queen).  We've not gotten that far yet, so can't say how the King/Queen mechanics work - but we do know that the Monarch has the ability to turn the resource of gold into coin.
4) There's 2 or 3 Knighthoods, with specific armor and weapons they can manufacture.  The city's defenses can be built as well as your home defenses.  You have the ability to upgrade your home based on nothing more than having your research done, then gathering the materials and upgrading.

Currently we have a handful of people scattered over England, Scotland and Ireland.  However, we're not sure if we can travel to and from Ireland yet because there's no enough on either continent to have gotten our research high enough.
Back to top Go down
Trinity
Noble
Trinity

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 1:46 pm

Think I tried that one too at one point, still playing Secfenia tho, upside to that is that things actually move forward there and seems oriented around the players more than rk is. Maybe just a wee bit oppressive in some instances but we'd at least have biz here Smile
Back to top Go down
Bekah
Noble
Bekah

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 2:35 pm

lol, I lasted how long was it on Secfenia?  Half an hour maybe?  Medievalia I tried, but won't go back.  The BIGGEST drawback I saw with that one is that if you forget to log in for just one day, then you lose all your progress to date. Sorry, but I am not going to spend a lot of time on a character only to have to start at square one if I happen to miss a day.  I expect some consequences, but not a total wipe out like that.  I did Medieval Europe too, but I found that too confusing, plus I found the forums were far too much about the same who you know kind of things that happen on RK and I don't need more than one of those.  I have spent many years searching for something that has the good bits of RK with fewer drawbacks and thus far have been unsuccessful.  The search continues ...
Back to top Go down
Trinity
Noble
Trinity

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 2:39 pm

Yeah lol!! I was banned from the forum for a bit on Sec. Think that might have been why I quit playing Medieval? It's been a while since I played it tho. Still searching too lol!
Back to top Go down
Aiiane
Commoner
Aiiane

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 3:25 pm

hmmm....That may have been a bug Bekah because I don't think that happens as quickly now. My daughter did not log in for several days and she did lose a couple of levels, but was able to gain them back pretty quickly.

However, that is one aspect of the game that might discourage people from playing. They do have a holiday feature that allows you to safely leave for an extended period, but losing all progress made just by forgetting to log in one day would definitely be off-putting.
Back to top Go down
Bekah
Noble
Bekah

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 6:06 pm

just my luck to get hit with a bug lol!  Story of my life really.  I am pretty snowed under with things at the moment so I think that joining another game isn't a good idea for me right now, but who knows, I might find something that suits me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kythera
Commoner
kythera

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 11 EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 12:03 am

Trinity wrote:
Yeah lol!! I was banned from the forum for a bit on Sec. Think that might have been why I quit playing Medieval? It's been a while since I played it tho. Still searching too lol!

Ugh yeah I got a warning for something unbelievably stupid on Secfenia and haven't been back since. It wasn't worth the bother of spending that much time self-censoring, especially when there really doesn't seem to be much interaction on the forums there. Everybody sort of has their own little clique and sticks to that.
Back to top Go down
Ritaa
Commoner

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 11 EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 8:01 am

Hey everyone! I'm TPB Ritaii in RK (she's been dead for like a year so most of you probably have no idea who she is Razz) Had nothing better to do today so I stumbled upon this Grace/Einstein person's thread in Babel and came here to check out all the "bullying". Laughed so much I decided to create an account so hi! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Introductions
Page 11 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All your Nachos are belong to us! :: General :: General-
Jump to: