Join us at our NEW forum: www.nngo.biz
All your Nachos are belong to us!
Join us at our NEW forum: www.nngo.biz
All your Nachos are belong to us!

~NNGO IZ SRS BSNS~

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» TORN
What is RK worth? Besides a pile of crap EmptyMon Oct 29, 2018 3:03 pm by anto_capone

» Ridiculously rough draft ideas
What is RK worth? Besides a pile of crap EmptyMon Jul 09, 2018 7:50 pm by James

» The Music Thread!
What is RK worth? Besides a pile of crap EmptyThu Feb 08, 2018 1:19 pm by Trinity

» How's life treating ya?
What is RK worth? Besides a pile of crap EmptyMon Feb 05, 2018 8:06 am by Trinity

» Games to Replace RK - Reviews
What is RK worth? Besides a pile of crap EmptySat Dec 23, 2017 7:28 pm by Bekah

» Queen of Ireland
What is RK worth? Besides a pile of crap EmptySat Dec 23, 2017 12:28 am by jaqk

» RPG Maker
What is RK worth? Besides a pile of crap EmptySat Nov 18, 2017 9:52 pm by Trinity

» Fight of Ages
What is RK worth? Besides a pile of crap EmptyFri Nov 17, 2017 8:43 pm by Trinity

» Access to NNGO Forums
What is RK worth? Besides a pile of crap EmptySat Oct 28, 2017 2:28 pm by gonads

» Laugh of the day
What is RK worth? Besides a pile of crap EmptySat Oct 21, 2017 9:40 pm by Bekah

Navigation
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 215 on Tue May 18, 2021 2:52 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Discord

What is RK worth? Besides a pile of crap

Go down 
+13
Grace
jaqk
Zakku
James
Elois
Stalvan
Bekah
Telcara
Beth
Zogdor
Dee_Snider
ArcaneJill
anto_capone
17 posters
AuthorMessage
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger
RK Profession: Blacksmith

What is RK worth? Besides a pile of crap Empty
PostSubject: What is RK worth? Besides a pile of crap   What is RK worth? Besides a pile of crap EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 2:59 am

http://mysitecost.com/www.lesroyaumes.com

Quote :
This page contains a website estimated worth report about Lesroyaumes.com. Lesroyaumes.com is a website that ranks 41306 in Alexa and has a Google PageRank of 3. The hostname or fully qualified domain name (FQDN) Lesroyaumes.com is identical to the domain name Lesroyaumes.com. The server links to network IP address 195.60.188.37 Lesroyaumes.com is Yes listed in the DMOZ open directory project. Lesroyaumes.com have about $162.75 daily revenue from ads. We are estimate this website and gives the domain an overall value of about $59,902.00 USD.

http://mysitecost.com/www.renaissancekingdoms.com

Quote :
This page contains a website estimated worth report about Renaissancekingdoms.com. Renaissancekingdoms.com is a website that ranks 117178 in Alexa and has a Google PageRank of 4. The hostname or fully qualified domain name (FQDN) Renaissancekingdoms.com is identical to the domain name Renaissancekingdoms.com. The server links to network IP address 195.60.188.37 Renaissancekingdoms.com is No listed in the DMOZ open directory project. Renaissancekingdoms.com have about $57.37 daily revenue from ads. We are estimate this website and gives the domain an overall value of about $21,755.00 USD.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nngo.biz
ArcaneJill
Admin
ArcaneJill

Character sheet
DDO character: Cleric
RK Profession: None

PostSubject: Re: What is RK worth? Besides a pile of crap   What is RK worth? Besides a pile of crap EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 3:02 am

I'll see your pile of crap and raise you two root canals.
Back to top Go down
Dee_Snider
Knight
Dee_Snider

Character sheet
DDO character: Wizard

PostSubject: Re: What is RK worth? Besides a pile of crap   What is RK worth? Besides a pile of crap EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 7:34 am

Well, RK has been worth two tokens less each 20 days for about 6 months now. Laughing

I barely have the interest to login to RK and feed myself / find a job each day.

Both my toons in NK and SK are dead lol.

DDO ftw!
Back to top Go down
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet
DDO character: Paladin
RK Profession: Weaver

PostSubject: Re: What is RK worth? Besides a pile of crap   What is RK worth? Besides a pile of crap EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 8:01 am

Definitely DDO ftw at the moment! I'm still vaguely involved in RK, I'm interested in the RPpossibilities SK has to offer (although I haven't had time to explore them yet), and have little to no interest in NK and have often thought about letting my toon die there.
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet
DDO character: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: What is RK worth? Besides a pile of crap   What is RK worth? Besides a pile of crap EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 10:37 am

Stopped playing NK and SK a while ago. I've restarted a character in RK (not in Ireland) but not sure if I will be continuing. No longer buying tokens.
Back to top Go down
Telcara
Squire
Telcara

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: What is RK worth? Besides a pile of crap   What is RK worth? Besides a pile of crap EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 10:48 am

Stop making me bad for playing RK! XD

Never played NK and SK, people have tried to make me join but I haven't understood why I should if its near the same...
Back to top Go down
Bekah
Noble
Bekah

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: What is RK worth? Besides a pile of crap   What is RK worth? Besides a pile of crap EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 11:52 am

I am terrible, I play RK, SK and NK. In NK I tend to run around looting, pillaging and getting away with it (so far) but I never go on the forums in NK or SK. I like the idea behind SK, but the colours they have chosen hurt my eyes ( I have photosensitivity and bright colours hurt my eyes for some reason).

For me, it is not about the game, it is about the people, the community. I am not good at games like DDO because I get annoyed with running around, falling off things and hitting stuff - not really my scene I guess.
Back to top Go down
Stalvan
Commoner
Stalvan

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: What is RK worth? Besides a pile of crap   What is RK worth? Besides a pile of crap EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 12:27 pm

I quit all the celsius games at once, total clearout, then only started playing RK again. I have to admit, I enjoy the game's setting, and the community/social aspects of RK. It's still a chore - between the way the admins handle (or don't) things, and the cloning problems in Ireland - it sometimes feels ridiculous to keep logging in. I'll plod on though.

I wonder if RK's actual value might be a little higher than what those sites list -- they cite the web traffic and ad revenue, but I wonder how much "token revenue" they get...

This game is bad crack. Sometimes I think I hate it. Keep coming back though.
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: What is RK worth? Besides a pile of crap   What is RK worth? Besides a pile of crap EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 12:33 pm

Think how much money they could make if they made one really good, functional game. How much time they could save answering emails across 3, 4, 5 websites. People who invented Yahoo made so much money. The Facebook guy made billions. These guys? They'd make more money if they worked at McDonalds.
Back to top Go down
James
Squire

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: What is RK worth? Besides a pile of crap   What is RK worth? Besides a pile of crap EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 12:43 pm

Those estimates are based only on profit from advertisments though, they don't take tokens into account.
Back to top Go down
Zakku
King of the Incinerator!
Zakku

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: What is RK worth? Besides a pile of crap   What is RK worth? Besides a pile of crap EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 5:26 pm

The biggest problem RK has is the fact that the damn Admins are so attached to it, they like to screw around with the actual game instead of you know being fucking admins.
Back to top Go down
jaqk
Noble
jaqk

Character sheet
DDO character: Druid???

PostSubject: Re: What is RK worth? Besides a pile of crap   What is RK worth? Besides a pile of crap EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 11:32 pm

They admins must be going a major screw job with the game tonight. 1 and 1/2 hours and still doing maintenance.
Back to top Go down
Grace
Mummy Bait
Grace

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Baker

PostSubject: Re: What is RK worth? Besides a pile of crap   What is RK worth? Besides a pile of crap EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 12:13 am

I still like playing RK, still involved and having fun with people. There are times, oh, there are times....but honestly I can deal for now with the admin screwups. It's when things crash and burn with the people that I think about leaving.
Back to top Go down
Boris
Commoner
Boris

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Whiskey Distiller

PostSubject: Re: What is RK worth? Besides a pile of crap   What is RK worth? Besides a pile of crap EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 2:55 am

The game itself sucks badly. When I first started, it looked to me like a low-rent tamagotchi. What grips me is what the players themselves have created, the social aspect, and the character and real-life friendships. I like to use the forums for writing warm-up, because it is the only way I get to write stream of consciousness stuff, because everything else has to be analysed and serially redrafted. That is why old Boris is so extreme.

I find I care lessand less about what actually happens in the game, which is a shame, because the potential is awesome. All it needs is a few decent rules, and some customer service, thats all. It ain't gonna get it though.

Bad crack...only sometimes. On a good day, it is like fine acid.
Back to top Go down
jaqk
Noble
jaqk

Character sheet
DDO character: Druid???

PostSubject: Re: What is RK worth? Besides a pile of crap   What is RK worth? Besides a pile of crap EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 3:00 pm

Crap if it wasn't for NNGO I would have blown this game a over a year ago.
Back to top Go down
_Melissa.
Knight
_Melissa.

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: What is RK worth? Besides a pile of crap   What is RK worth? Besides a pile of crap EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 6:19 pm

*poof*

Last edited by _Melissa. on Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Aidan
Noble
Aidan

Character sheet
DDO character: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: What is RK worth? Besides a pile of crap   What is RK worth? Besides a pile of crap EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 8:38 pm

I remember i was all like "ohh nooos guys stop playing DDO that means you'll all quit RK" but as soon as i got laptop good enough to play it i went into "DOO ftw" mode Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Trinity
Noble
Trinity

Character sheet
DDO character: Paladin
RK Profession: Butcher

PostSubject: Re: What is RK worth? Besides a pile of crap   What is RK worth? Besides a pile of crap EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 8:27 am

don't really have time to play other games honestly. rk sucks horribly, i stay cause of the friends i've made. i think it's bullshit that they make that much money alone in ads and like said above not counting token purchases...you'd think they'd make it more enjoyable...i've come to the conclusion it's not worth whining about anymore, it's a browser game and it is what it is, crap.
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: What is RK worth? Besides a pile of crap   What is RK worth? Besides a pile of crap EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 8:45 am

That's not much money though, when you consider that they need to split the money between staff, plus tokens. When you split it between them, they'd be better off working at McDonalds. Not to mention traffic costs.

I looked at Travian.com. They make over 2.5 million a year in ads alone.

To me, what the statistics on RK mean to me, is that if they actually put more effort into making RK better, they'd have more income than they do now. They just don't give a shit.
Back to top Go down
_Melissa.
Knight
_Melissa.

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: What is RK worth? Besides a pile of crap   What is RK worth? Besides a pile of crap EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 6:16 pm

i've heard from a lot of people that adverts on RK contain malware, viruses etc from 2nd parties... someone smart who does computing or something similar from rk, told me once you token up the ads go away and they don't have the infected problem any more. that is unethical
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: What is RK worth? Besides a pile of crap   What is RK worth? Besides a pile of crap EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 6:30 pm

Not really. I'll explain why.

Websites that want to make money tend to sign up with advertising companies to get money. These advertising companies give them advertisements in batches. They put the coding from the advertising company on their website. Sometimes the advertising company gives them ads that have viruses and crap in them, and the website owner is completely unaware of this.

We've made Celsius aware of the problem, and they'll keep denying the problem exists. Why? Because the lazy fucks don't feel like taking the time out to complain to the advertisers and/or find a new advertising company to work with.

Charging money to get rid of ads is an entirely different issue. A lot of websites do this. A lot of softwares do this too. I'm sure a lot f us remember the good old ad-free days, but it just doesn't work that way anymore. If we pay tokens, that covers the money they would have made if they displayed the ads.

Of course...we can always use Ad-Block Plus, and then we never need to see ads or give them money.

I hate it though, to think that if I didn't have Ad-Block, RK would ruin my computer. They have no pride in their website at all.
Back to top Go down
_Melissa.
Knight
_Melissa.

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: What is RK worth? Besides a pile of crap   What is RK worth? Besides a pile of crap EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 7:57 pm

*poof*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is RK worth? Besides a pile of crap   What is RK worth? Besides a pile of crap Empty

Back to top Go down

What is RK worth? Besides a pile of crap
Page 1 of 1