Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 26 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Ritaa
Commoner

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: None

How's life treating ya? - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 18 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 2:35 pm

Congrats Jill!! Very Happy

A stupid rant:

In the summer of 2013, I went to Burkina Faso (it's in Africa, right above Ghana) for a two week humanitarian mission. Needless to say, I had THE most amazing time of my life so far then. It was enriching, beautiful, and really all the cliché stuff you can think of.

Before we came back, we gave our contact information to some of the friends we made there. At first, it was amazing to still be able to get in contact with these people with whom we shared our experience there... But then, the conversations started being all "Hey, how are you? How's school? Yes, I wish I could come back too." It was honest... but it really had no meaning... We weren't discussing anything important but I could never bring myself not to reply at all. After a while, I just kept the messages sitting in my Facebook inbox until I was semi-sure they were offline and wouldn't answer, then replied.

I'm not a self-centered, hypocritical bitch, I genuinely am not. But... even now, almost a year and a half after we came back, the same meaningless conversations keep happening. What inspired this rant was one of my favorite people there getting WhatsApp and talking to me through my phone... and with these "Read" ticks, I cannot avoid conversation...

And I hate that. I hate that what's left of the single most meaningful experience I've ever gone through is a bunch of chitchat that has no value. It makes me think of the movie Before Sunrise, how the characters didn't exchange contact information in the end because they knew it would mess the memory up. They regretted it in the sequel lol, but I think they really had the right idea. I also hate that it makes me feel so much like an arrogant snob when I am annoyed at the sweetest people I've ever met.

Like I said, it's stupid, but ugh! >.<
Back to top Go down
Trinity
Noble
Trinity

Character sheet
DDO character: Paladin
RK Profession: Butcher

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 18 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 4:36 pm

awwa Rita <3 You know, they probably don't even realize it's annoying you, being in their own little world and with technology I find that people really don't 'think' it's just more 'automatic'. Not sure how to explain...I miss the good old fashioned pen pal days hehe, really I do. To me it made making contact more special, hand written and giving time in between to really add to it each time. Idk. You know, in settings there's an option to turn off your notifications. Maybe it would help? Then, when you have time or feel a need to reply it's not as stressful? Without hurting feelings, because you can honestly say you've just been busy. ^^ I get this a lot from a younger cousin of mine that really has issues health wise. Messages me a lot, talking about old times constantly and it can really be draining. I just have to remind myself to have patience because I know on her end, it's all she's got. Hope it buffs out for you, hugggssss
Back to top Go down
Ritaa
Commoner

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 18 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 12:36 am

Yes, exactly! It doesn't mean you don't care for them, it just means you wish you could reply on your own time! And yeah, letters are great! You can take your time writing them, putting all info on them before getting one back. It's a lot more personal. ^^ But even online, I think most of us here have bonded with people through RK (at least) and even if it's purely virtual, we don't get tired of each other often. Maybe we have more in common? I don't know.

Thanks for understanding though, you're a gem! <3 <3 Huuuggss!
Back to top Go down
Minority01
Commoner
Minority01

Character sheet
DDO character: Fighter
RK Profession: Blacksmith

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 18 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 3:11 am

Life's being mean to me. It popped my knee. :'(
Back to top Go down
Trinity
Noble
Trinity

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 18 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 4:04 am

For a moment Minty, I thought I read 'pooped' your knee >.< gawd I need sleep LOL! You know, it happens when you get old, all that snap, crackle, poppin'...hehe, take it easy then!

Always Rita! <3 huggssss
Back to top Go down
ahlia
Knight
ahlia

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Miller

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 18 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 7:52 am

Firstly: Congrats Jill!! That's awesome news! Will we get to see pics? :3

Secondly: Rity, that's part of the reason I don't text or call anyone. Calling people and talking to them over the phone puts me on the spot and it gets awkward, I have to fill in the blanks with conversation that doesn't have any meaning. I like my private life to stay private, and I don't go out enough to have an interesting life. Who am I gonna talk to and what about? Bleh. And texting eventually just devolves into "oh cool Smile" or "kay" after a while and I hate that. So I totally feel ya there.

Thirdly: Lol, Minty. Suck it. I mean - Damn, you poor thing. Hugs and kisses xx
Back to top Go down
FinleyIrvine
Commoner
FinleyIrvine

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 18 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 1:03 pm

Guess I'll give this another go. Life is busy as hell, but I need some escape in my life.

Back to top Go down
Sephrenia
Citizen
Sephrenia

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Baker

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 18 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 7:01 pm

Life will be better with smolder.
Back to top Go down
ArcaneJill
Admin
ArcaneJill

Character sheet
DDO character: Cleric

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 18 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 7:40 pm

@ Viery - I have a feeling my brother would much rather have one of his childhood friends over his sister's boyfriend that he sees once or twice a year, so I highly doubt it!  I don't know if she will have any godparents actually.  No idea on my brother or his fiancee's thoughts on infant baptism.

@ Ahlia (and anyone else who wants to see the cutie!)
How's life treating ya? - Page 18 Img95112

Counting down till I get to see her!
Back to top Go down
Trinity
Noble
Trinity

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 18 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 7:55 pm

omg what a little cutie pie!!! so precious Jill ^^ and i bet! have another niece due in january, can't wait either Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roby Lambourne
Citizen
Roby Lambourne

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 18 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 9:29 pm

That 'fertilizing' American water finally paid off, my 'unofficial' step sister gave birth to twins this afternoon, a boy and a girl, Vinnie and Poppy.
Back to top Go down
Trinity
Noble
Trinity

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 18 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 9:32 pm

My goodness! Congratz Roby! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bekah
Noble
Bekah

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 18 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 10:20 pm

As we are sharing, here is my new niece: http://prntscr.com/58i13l
Back to top Go down
Trinity
Noble
Trinity

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 18 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 10:28 pm

OMG! All that beautiful hair! She's a doll Bekah! Very Happy gosh >.< can't wait til our newest one is here lol
Back to top Go down
Mysterie
Squire
Mysterie

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 18 EmptyFri Nov 21, 2014 7:38 am

Sometimes, I wish I could duct tape my daughter to a wall in order to keep those greedy, all exploring fingers from touching equipment she ought to keep her hands off. Such as my laptop, on which I wrote a wall of RP text to post. Only to lift my laptop with the intent to continue pounding away on my keyboard to finish the last phrase and see my screen go black with that 'pfeeew' *click* noise. Closer inspection showed she wriggled out the charger just enough to have it pop out, and as my battery doesn't charge anymore. The laptop simply stops working.

Fuck. Fuckidy. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

That is all.
Back to top Go down
ahlia
Knight
ahlia

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Miller

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 18 EmptyFri Nov 21, 2014 11:27 am

Awh No Mystie that's a total RP killer Sad I know I've done stupid shit like that before and instead of writing it all again I just let the thread die :/

Jill she is positively adorable! So tiny! And cute!! N'aww!!! :3 Thanks for sharing, you too Bekah! My goodness there is so much hair on that tiny head!

There must be something in the water. Oh I know, it's 9 month belated Valentines day presents haha.
I've been a little bit broody lately. I don't want kids, I have implanon to stop me from having them but I think it's sending me a little hormonally insane. I see a baby and I just can't help myself now, and I used to be like AGH KEEP THAT THING AWAY FROM ME. Which is useful, I guess, because doing santa photography and my own photography business, I see alot of kids under the age of 2.

I think I'm addicted to seeing chubby toothless grins.
Back to top Go down
Ritaa
Commoner

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 18 EmptyFri Nov 21, 2014 12:20 pm

ahlia wrote:
There must be something in the water. Oh I know, it's 9 month belated Valentines day presents haha.

+1 Laughing

And I'm the same, except with children rather than babies! TINY THINGS THAT TALK!! xD lol
Bekah and Jill, your nieces are absolutely precious!! Very Happy And congrats Roby!! (PS: Your fertilizing water comment made me snort. Razz )

And Myst, OMG that's the worst thing that could happen! My heart goes out to you and your post! lol Hate when that happens!!
Back to top Go down
Aidan
Noble
Aidan

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 18 EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 9:19 pm

All I ever seem to say when I meet you guys in the tavern is; I'm very very busy. This is 100% accurate btw. I have no free time.
BUT, this Thursday I got off work (was such a pain in the ass getting a day off, shit, a day off, asking for so much, right?  Evil or Very Mad ) so hitting the town. I'm going to transform into a wrecking ball and HIT the town, super hard.

Also, college is difficult, leaving every assignment to the last minute and barely submitting on time. Work is shit at times but I'm starting to receive recognition for actually working hard. Pay raise on the table, not til January, whatever, won't be much if it happens.
Girls are... THERE IS NO TIME FOR GIRLS.

Playing with the idea of joining the gym and actually become the 6'6" monster I was born to be but... when could I ever get a chance to go? Maybe Smile

Last thing: I bought an Airsoft gun, an AK47 Razz . Hopefully I will get to bring it to a game or two soon, never been so should be fun!
Back to top Go down
Minority01
Commoner
Minority01

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 18 EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 10:12 pm

Aidan wrote:
Girls are... THERE IS NO TIME FOR GIRLS.

BLASPHEMY!
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 18 EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 10:39 pm

eye on the prize, Aidan! keep up the good work bro! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.nngo.biz
Bekah
Noble
Bekah

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 18 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 12:42 am

Sooo, I have been working very hard on getting my health back on track.  I've given up on the doctors and done my own thing.  Finally I am seeing results in that I am able to be more active again, I have less pain, all is sunshine and roses right?  Wrong.  Because now my liver has decided to start playing me up again.  So now all I want to do is sleep and I have no appetite whatsoever.  Yes life, I did think that I was winning, thank you for throwing me another curve ball, I really didn't have enough on my plate as it was.  

On the plus side, I have been asked to write and then read an autobiographical short story that will be distributed with the Christmas edition of the Talking magazine, meaning that I will have a captive audience of about 300 people.  I keep this up and I might become a local celebrity Razz
Back to top Go down
Trinity
Noble
Trinity

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 18 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 1:32 am

You're doing great Aidan, we're very proud of you! ^^

oh Bekah *gentle squeezes* I'd like to hear updates please? will be sending healing thoughts to you <3 and also very excited for you too! you have worked so hard and am so very happy to hear you're getting a spotlight! hehe very well deserved! and totally would love to read it if it'll be available for me to get in my area? Very Happy

Not sure where to even begin. I've been very disconnected lately dealing with more than I think I can handle. There are days that I feel like I'm just done, and there are days I feel that maybe I can keep pushing forward. Will abso-fucking-lutely be glad when the holidays are over.
Back to top Go down
Mysterie
Squire
Mysterie

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 18 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 4:32 am

Aidan wrote:
I'm going to transform into a wrecking ball and HIT the town, super hard.

You should go to the pub like that.

Trin, Bekah; lots of positive thoughts going your way. Sad
Back to top Go down
Toasti Jen
Noble
Toasti Jen

Character sheet
DDO character: Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 18 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 11:23 am

anto_capone wrote:
eye on the prize, Aidan! keep up the good work bro! Smile

Yes indeed. It feels like shit is never gonna end, but it does and it is totally worth it. We know of what we speak! Very Happy

Bekah wrote:

On the plus side, I have been asked to write and then read an autobiographical short story that will be distributed with the Christmas edition of the Talking magazine, meaning that I will have a captive audience of about 300 people. I keep this up and I might become a local celebrity Razz

That is SUPER cool. If you can, please share the link so we can read your work (and give the magazine (specifically your piece) the clicks!)

Trinity wrote:
Y
Not sure where to even begin. I've been very disconnected lately dealing with more than I think I can handle. There are days that I feel like I'm just done, and there are days I feel that maybe I can keep pushing forward. Will abso-fucking-lutely be glad when the holidays are over.

The Holidaze are total bullshit. Here is to a speedy December. Come to us, January!!! We need you!!
Back to top Go down
Ritaa
Commoner

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 18 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 12:59 pm

Aidan wrote:
Also, college is difficult, leaving every assignment to the last minute and barely submitting on time.

I totally get it. I have an assignment I haven't started that is due... one day and eight hours ago. Razz But busy's good! And getting recognition is always rewarding. Good luck with all that! Smile

Trin and Bekah, I'll be sending you good thoughts! Hopefully things will start looking up before long! <3

Also, congratulations for your story, Bekah! Very Happy I haven't read anything of yours in a while, but I remember from long ago that I always enjoyed your posts in RK. Looking forward to reading this! (If it's ever available online.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How's life treating ya?   How's life treating ya? - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

How's life treating ya?
Page 18 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 26 ... 34  Next