AuthorMessage
Ragehammer
Commoner
Ragehammer

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger
RK Profession: None

New Yorkers? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Yorkers?   New Yorkers? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 8:18 am

I live in Eastern Pennsylvania, about 15 miles from NY. I work in NY, and go to the city once in a while for a concert.
Back to top Go down
_Melissa.
Knight
_Melissa.

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: New Yorkers?   New Yorkers? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 5:03 pm

*poof*

Last edited by _Melissa. on Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Grace
Mummy Bait
Grace

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Baker

PostSubject: Re: New Yorkers?   New Yorkers? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 8:12 pm

Um, I drive through NYC sometimes....

Actually, every time I've spent time there it's been cool. I like NYC.
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: New Yorkers?   New Yorkers? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 4:08 pm

Hey Anto
http://shop.nathansfamous.com/hot-dogs.html

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet
RK Profession: Blacksmith

PostSubject: Re: New Yorkers?   New Yorkers? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 2:09 pm

sabrett > nathans
Back to top Go down
http://www.nngo.biz
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: New Yorkers?   New Yorkers? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 2:48 pm

So true.
http://www.foodsofnewyork.com/order.shtml

Wink
Back to top Go down
_Melissa.
Knight
_Melissa.

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: New Yorkers?   New Yorkers? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 6:23 pm

Last edited by _Melissa. on Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lordmatthew
Citizen

PostSubject: Re: New Yorkers?   New Yorkers? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 7:21 pm

Tons of Indians speak English from what I remember when I went there.
Back to top Go down
_Melissa.
Knight
_Melissa.

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: New Yorkers?   New Yorkers? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 8:36 pm

Last edited by _Melissa. on Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lordmatthew
Citizen

PostSubject: Re: New Yorkers?   New Yorkers? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 12:09 am

Okay, FUCK New York during summer. The fucking heat with the car fumes kills me. And the worst part is the ROACHES. Winter they die off, crawling back to their little holes. But during summer! these little fuckers walk around like they own the city. Literally two seconds ago one crawled on my bed!!!(I was eating in my room earlier but still!)
In my bathroom they have started coming out of a hole near a pipe, this only happens during summer for me!

They are always in the kitchen at night(one the light goes off in the kitchen for over an hour after 10pm, if i leave the light on all night they dont come out as much)

Gah, it was so gross...the little fucker just crawled on my bed and i kept thinking i killed it till it squirmed more!!!!

No more eating in my room..fuck that. Time to take the offensive, we already have the combat out, but it is time to plug up all those holes and cleaning the kitchen every night again...those little fuckers are going to starve and if I see them I will kill them and then their whole fucking family, shit just got personal...come in my room and you are fucking finished!!!!
Back to top Go down
Lordmatthew
Citizen

PostSubject: Re: New Yorkers?   New Yorkers? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 12:14 am

Luckily we only get german roaches it seems so they are never to large. Air conditioner is going up along with fan, those little assholes hate circulation and cold, my room will never be humid and hot which they love!
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet
RK Profession: Blacksmith

PostSubject: Re: New Yorkers?   New Yorkers? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 1:40 am

make sure you dont leave any water running or have water lying around or leaks as well.

im so thankful that we dont have them here Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.nngo.biz
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: New Yorkers?   New Yorkers? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 2:24 am

They'll eat fecal matter and paint if they cant have food. Then they'll mass migrate to your neighbors until they have reason to return. Where I grew up the whole neighborhood was so infested. We had to seal all the food or we'd find fake raisins in our raisin bran. No Got used to it at the time but I wont put up with it again.

When I was doing real estate, one of the supers told me that they use peppermint oil at full strength. They mix I think a vial of the stuff with a bucket of boiled water, then mop up everywhere. Apparently the peppermint is to strong for them to stand. I haven't tested it myself but I know someone who tried it and it worked for them. Of course, their neighbors are pigs, so it's not a permanent fix.
Back to top Go down
Telcara
Squire
Telcara

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: New Yorkers?   New Yorkers? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 3:13 am

Yuck... Get a pet lizard who can nom them for you? Razz

One of my childhood memories is when I was 4-5 and my grandmother was crushing bugs in her apartment. She was so hardcore she'd crush them with her fingers. She had roaches as well which during my mom's childhood was used to feed their pet scorpion, it was my grandmother's fav pet Very Happy
(she had roaches etc cause of pig neighbours)

A bit off but I remembered how she'd give me and my older brother small buckets to collect small snails with shells in from her garden. As a good child I happily went around and collected the from plants and everywhere. Then she poured the out on a biggie rock and crushed them with a brick. Ah... memories...

Last edited by Telcara on Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:17 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: New Yorkers?   New Yorkers? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 3:15 am

Yeah...just make sure it's a pet you're willing to lose. If any pets eat roaches that have pesticides in them, you can wind up with a paralyzed or dead pet.
Back to top Go down
Telcara
Squire
Telcara

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: New Yorkers?   New Yorkers? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 3:18 am

Hmm true that. Glad such pets aren't much of a problem in Sweden and people quickly get rid of them if they'd occur. My mom has two cats who LOVE hunting and eating any insect which moves. Or rather, one does the kill and the other eats...
Back to top Go down
_Melissa.
Knight
_Melissa.

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: New Yorkers?   New Yorkers? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 7:00 am

Last edited by _Melissa. on Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: New Yorkers?   New Yorkers? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 7:14 am

I'll be honest with you. Living in NYC is not glamorous unless you're rich. If you want to live in a nice neighborhood in Manhattan, you're paying thousands a month. What would be a typical 1 bedroom apartment anywhere else, around NYU it gets converted into a 3 bedroom apartment and you have to pay something like $2500-$3000/month. And then you need a guarantor to sign or fax over documents with their information, saying that they can cover your rent for you if you cant pay. You could definitely live in a dorm but a lot of dorms are crappy as hell.

All those places will have roaches.

If you live in Brooklyn, you can find cheaper apartments. A lot of college students look for places in Red Hook, Williamsburg, Carrol Gardens, etc., basically northern Brooklyn, so they they can be in a neighborhood close to Manhattan, with similar neighborhoods, but for less. But again, there's going to be roaches and Brooklyn also has the highest rate of rape in the 5 boroughs.

I haven't frequented the other boroughs that much so I have nothing really solid to say.

If you do decide on an area in the Lower East Side, Alphabet City, East or West Village, or Harlem, I'll refer you to someone.

Oh! Also, one option you could go for is living in someone's basement, who has a detached house. If you look in a good neighborhood, you have a better chance of finding a basement apartment that's not infested.
Back to top Go down
_Melissa.
Knight
_Melissa.

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: New Yorkers?   New Yorkers? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 8:19 am

Last edited by _Melissa. on Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
_Melissa.
Knight
_Melissa.

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: New Yorkers?   New Yorkers? - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 4:44 pm

How much living expenses do you think a 22/23 year old student would spend there per month, for a basic cheap life?
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: New Yorkers?   New Yorkers? - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 4:54 pm

http://newyork.craigslist.org/hhh/

Look through there for an idea. Don't look through Westchester, Long Island, Fairfield or New Jersey if you want a faster commute. Though some places in Jersey are pretty close to the city.

All the other areas are boroughs of NYC. Again, it depends on where you want to live, and whether you want a studio, 1 bedroom, or want to share a multi-bedroom apartment. Then there's utilities and food. Generally speaking, the closer you live to special places, the more things cost. But I'd say you should choose somewhere that's close to a subway, that way you wont get lost too easy and don't have to worry too much about traveling home after a party.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Yorkers?   New Yorkers? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

New Yorkers?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All your Nachos are belong to us! :: General :: Off Topic-
Jump to: