AuthorMessage
JonathanDailey
Commoner
JonathanDailey

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Butcher

Other Games Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other Games Thread   Other Games Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 3:23 pm

ok El i'm downloading perfect world to check it out....
Back to top Go down
http://http//:www.dukes-gaming-haven.com
Zakku
King of the Incinerator!
Zakku

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Blacksmith

PostSubject: Re: Other Games Thread   Other Games Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 4:22 pm

Elois wrote:
To add onto the reasons why Hobowars is great, instead of getting moderator names like Anteater, you get moderator names like Secretary Sopping Wet Weng[TV] Other Games Thread - Page 2 Male Very Happy

well shit why dont I just kill myself now then? Razz
Back to top Go down
Aidan
Noble
Aidan

Character sheet
DDO character: Fighter
RK Profession: None

PostSubject: Re: Other Games Thread   Other Games Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 6:08 pm

LoTRO is gonna be free soon Very Happy
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger

PostSubject: Re: Other Games Thread   Other Games Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 10:48 pm

it already is Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.nngo.biz
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: Other Games Thread   Other Games Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 3:56 am

JonathanDailey wrote:
ok El i'm downloading perfect world to check it out....

Let me know if ya like it. I'll add you to my guild.

Zakku wrote:
Elois wrote:
To add onto the reasons why Hobowars is great, instead of getting moderator names like Anteater, you get moderator names like Secretary Sopping Wet Weng[TV] Other Games Thread - Page 2 Male Very Happy

well shit why dont I just kill myself now then? Razz

You would fit in well in Hobowars, Zakku. Laughing

Quote :
Banned from MB for 3 days ({AK} (((Hugs))))
Reason: no referrals for your sex line on the MB

9/13 08:20.24 PM pandacorn kicked out basketti (1833762) (Reason: no fat people, fat person)

------

Playing Requiem quite a bit lately because they're having a special where for the next few days, every hour logged in, players receive a free cash shop gift. It's been very lucrative. Very Happy Requiem's Cash Shop items tend to be expensive.

But...Requiem does have an auction house, so things can be bought from other players and the stuff in the cash shop isn't necessary. All new characters get a free cash shop mount for the first 3 days. Then there's a long quest where ya can get a mount for free (around level 20, if I remember right). Game has free teleporting to designated city. It also has Wingriders, which are old fashioned airplanes, that go to different parts of the zone for a small fee.

Also, the special effects are great. Every monster killed breaks into bloody pieces and writhes around, kind of like Fallout. And they have Nightmare monsters, which gives the game a kind of Silent Hill type quality at the Nightmare hour.

And when I've run out of quests to do, I can go to an Agent who will sell me a quest for a small fee, but the rewards are often 100 times as much.

The crafting system for the game isn't really difficult. Basically whatever equipment you get from drops or quests can be reinforced or bonuses can be added on. There's a card game involved in the process.

And...there's an epic quest where every character gets a Possession Beast. Possession Beast can be used when the meter is full. The one my Soul Hunter has is a crazy arse melee type. I believe the others work differently.
Back to top Go down
Boris
Commoner
Boris

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Whiskey Distiller

PostSubject: Re: Other Games Thread   Other Games Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 5:09 pm

I have been playing DDO for about a month now, and have managed to get a Paladin type nearly to Level 4. Couple of problems. I can only manage about an hour or two per day, so progressis slow, and anotherthingis that my graphics card really does not like something about it, and keeps spazzing out. Still, I will persist, and get a new card when I am sure it isn't something else that is the problem. What's the name of the RK guild again? Very Happy

I have tried a lot of the above, and many others, but when I get bored, I just ditch them. When time is valuable, you only spend it on the best.

My one guilty secret. I have been playing a football management game for about three years. (Thats soccer to you US types) I don't know why, I have played others, and just quit. This one has hooks. It's called Trophy Manager, and is Dutch in origin, I think.
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Other Games Thread   Other Games Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 5:11 pm

I'll send you an invite for the guild Wink
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Other Games Thread   Other Games Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 5:20 pm

I recall Xavierson telling me he liked Trophy Manager. So, you're not the only one.
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger

PostSubject: Re: Other Games Thread   Other Games Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 8:05 pm

hey boris! Smile

we're all on khyber, hope to see ya in the guild soon, we're getting pretty big Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.nngo.biz
Toasti Jen
Noble
Toasti Jen

Character sheet
DDO character: Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: Other Games Thread   Other Games Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 11:03 pm

yay boris!
I only play a few hours a week as well, so I am a slooooowly progressing barbarian. But it is still fun, especially running with this crew! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Boris
Commoner
Boris

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Whiskey Distiller

PostSubject: Re: Other Games Thread   Other Games Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 8:13 am

Yay. I'm fucking up for it. Apart from anything else, the pure joy of getting to run with Anto and not having to answer to the stiffarses for the pleasure.

Also, when not online, I spazz out with the civ games, the total war games, oh...

Crazy Taxi. Years old, but pure joy. Grand Theft Auto too. Sometimes flattenting some skanky ass ho with a pool cue is the ONLY way to relax.
Back to top Go down
Toasti Jen
Noble
Toasti Jen

Character sheet
DDO character: Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: Other Games Thread   Other Games Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 10:11 am

Boris wrote:
Sometimes flattenting some skanky ass ho with a pool cue is the ONLY way to relax.

*plussed*
And cackled out loud. Too true, too true.
Back to top Go down
Zakku
King of the Incinerator!
Zakku

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Other Games Thread   Other Games Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 2:56 pm

lol damn Crazy Taxi? I havent played that shit in years
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Other Games Thread   Other Games Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 10:45 pm

http://www.tooncrisis.com/

try it
Back to top Go down
Biggumbo
Serf
Biggumbo

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Other Games Thread   Other Games Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 7:38 pm

I just started playing Travarian, not sure if any you up for it, but I'm in the northwest corner, My ig name is Spicee, it seems pretty cool, Classic Server 3

http://www.travian.com/

I have not gone to DDO yet, can't wait to up the internet access...
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Other Games Thread   Other Games Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 5:08 pm

Oh man, I'm in love with Neverwinter Nights Gold. I bought it a few years ago but I never finished it. I finished Chapter 1, all excited and ready to kill the obvious baddy, but then Chapter 2 started and I had to go to some farm and I was like, that's it? And so, I never bothered to finish it.

But i reinstalled it now and wow, so much fun. I'm doing every quest available to me and cleaning house. Laughing I'm rolling a human Cleric, which is surprisingly really enjoyable. I'm up to the arc of Chapter 2, clearing ot all quests in Luskan and ready to head to the High Tower. I've done all of the henchmen quests so far but I'd say my favorite henchmen are Tomi and Grimgnaw. I suppose if I didn't have some magic powers, I'd go with a spellcaster henchman. Tomi's such a crackmonkey and really useful for opening chests, obviously. Laughing But Grimgnaw, as creepy as he is, can kick massive ass and has enough power to break chests and doors rather easily. He also looks like Carl Paladino.

I killed Baram and then I killed Kurth. It felt sooo good. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Edrahil
Commoner
Edrahil

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Other Games Thread   Other Games Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 7:37 pm

Grimgnaw was a total bro. I hated Tomi on the other hand, the annoying little shit.

But the best henchmen by far, is the one and only Deekin!

Other Games Thread - Page 2 200px-Deekin_portrait
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Other Games Thread   Other Games Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 1:38 pm

I miss out on Deekin because I don't have the 2nd expansion. But I hear a lot of things changed that people don't like in the 3rd, so I don't feel to bad.

I'm in some Fire Giant cave of something right now and I'm wasting potions, and there's a trap every 5 steps and on 75% of the chests. So I have no choice but to use Tomi right now. Laughing I hate it when I open a chest and it kills my henchman, summon and me. Don't understand why it's so hard when all the other areas were so easy. Guess maybe i need to change my spells.

----

And has anyone heard of Trine 2? I get these emails from Atlus sometimes. I'm a longtime Atlus fangirl because they tend to localize some of the most interesting games, like the Shin Megami Tensei series. Anyway, the game kind of look like Lost Vikings, but I'm not quite sure.
Back to top Go down
Telcara
Squire
Telcara

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Other Games Thread   Other Games Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 2:10 pm

Trine 2 looks cute! and looks like everyone else except me will manage all those jumps and stuff.. I like the music hehe
Back to top Go down
fhead
Commoner

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Other Games Thread   Other Games Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 2:47 pm

anybody hear of or play battlemaster.org?

setting is medieval with some fantasy elements, and 2 turns a day so not a bunch of clicking needed. mainly the game seems to be about fighting wars, kingdom vs kingdom. a feudal political system is coded into the game and looks interesting. there are different classes to play as, and you can play multiple characters (tho they are all of the same family unit).

anyways, my main noble character is on the island atamara in the realm of darka.
Back to top Go down
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet
DDO character: Paladin
RK Profession: Weaver

PostSubject: Re: Other Games Thread   Other Games Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 11:24 am

I love DDO and the West (those of you who play what worlds are you on? I´m on 1,11,12 and Arizona but under a different name) at the moment.

Got quickly bored of Secfenia and Divine Rights so quit them. I still play EM, RK, NK and SK but only EM seriously these days... have to get back into my awesome RP with Aiiane from RK though!

I´ll have to check out Trophy Manager Boris, because I always used to be addicted to Championship manager but since it changed to Football Manager I´ve kind of lost interest :s

I´m also considering giving LotR a look, but Beth said it was slow in Europe and I don´t have a reliable internet connection right now Sad
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Other Games Thread   Other Games Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 12:02 pm

I play RK, SK, NK and Secfenia. I don't really read the forums in the other games, so I really don't know WTF is going on.

In Secfenia, I picked the best kingdom, Fenia. It's great because most of the people I can't stand in RK chose Bravia instead. The king is awesome and my favorite folk are there. Preparing for level 3, Sorcerer right now.

In SK, I like my town. What i know is, Sajan livs in my town, so lots of people hate my town. Laughing

In NK, I was oblivious to my surrounding. Came out of retreat one day to discover I was living in the same county as the Monties from RK. Naturally, they've already worked themselves into a feud with a warlord, so I get to watch em burn a second time. Razz I got a grant and I've moved to a town one node away so I dont have to read the crap. Laughing

In retreat in SK at the moment. Will probably retreat in one or two other games soon. Too much games. Razz
Back to top Go down
Stalvan
Commoner
Stalvan

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Other Games Thread   Other Games Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 12:48 pm

I'm just on RK and Secfenia. RK, I'm just a vagrant, nobody really Smile

Secfenia I'm a level three army way, but that's new, so I still have a lot of studying to do. I'm in Bravia, though I don't pay much attention to the forums there recently. Just do my thing...
Back to top Go down
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet
DDO character: Paladin
RK Profession: Weaver

PostSubject: Re: Other Games Thread   Other Games Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 7:20 am

I just tried applying to the Scottish Thugs guild and it says you've reached maximum number of members!
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Other Games Thread   Other Games Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 10:49 am

Anyone living in Fenia kingdom, please mail me with what your name is there. Things to discuss.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Other Games Thread   Other Games Thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Other Games Thread
Page 2 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next