AuthorMessage
Goblindad
Squire
Goblindad

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Blacksmith

Other Games Thread - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other Games Thread   Other Games Thread - Page 12 EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 10:46 am

So, I officially played the living crap out of Skyrim.

I think I actually came as close to finishing everything as you really can... and there are a million naked corpses dotting the wilderness to prove it... and only about half of them left posed in amusingly suggestive positions.

Hey, at least I'm not the only one

So for lack of anything more productive to do I picked up a copy of Deus Ex.

And there is sadly no comparison.

People talk about the dumb AI in The Elder Scrolls series, and sure you can toss baskets on their heads and they don't react, you can kill a shopkeepers spouse and then buy and sell from them like nothing happened, sure you can tote a dead body through town and not hear a word, but the AI in Deus Ex takes dumb to a whole new level.

Got a guard in a long hallway that you cant sneak past? pick up a pop machine and carry it in front of you all the way down: he won't notice (or care) that soda is apparently delivering itself these days. Got a guard around a corner that you can't get past? punch a hole in the wall 6 feet away without alerting a soul. Being chased and need to hide? pop into a room, drop a pop machine in front of the door and a couple seconds later it's like you were never there as the guards wander off in search of a doughnut.

It's disappointing really.

Couple it with clunky, needlessly convoluted level design (fences across the road for no good reason that you can't jump over? really?) and quest waypoints that force you to jog back and forth across the entire level 4-5 times per quest, sneaking past the same guards again and again (why? because fuck you , that's why) makes it the longest movie I've ever played.

Pretty? yes. The cutscenes are beautiful. The levels are... meh. I found myself pausing every now and then playing Skyrim just to admire the scenery (hold on there cave bear, if you could stop mauling me for a sec and just look at this vista!) but Deus Ex is recycled dark scenery, no day or night just a gloomy, dreary existence... which could be what they were going for.

The cyborg add ons, also while somewhat useful aren't exclusive (you can buy both a cloaking device and super armour) and halfway through the game I've got every one I really wanted and now am just buying the rest because they are there.

All in all, I'll definitely play another round of Skyrim. Deus Ex I'll finish because I hate leaving things half done, but when the credits roll I won't look back.

Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: Other Games Thread   Other Games Thread - Page 12 EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:53 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/welcome-baby-dovakiin-couple-name-child-skyrim-hero-183228801.html

Laughing
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger

PostSubject: Re: Other Games Thread   Other Games Thread - Page 12 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 12:30 am

anyone ever make a forum game, using the forum dice?

like a choose your own adventure book with 20 sided dice...
Back to top Go down
http://www.nngo.biz
Mikhaila
Knight
Mikhaila

Character sheet
DDO character: Cleric
RK Profession: None

PostSubject: Re: Other Games Thread   Other Games Thread - Page 12 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 3:03 am

WOS does that in their forums Smile I was very fun to do a story up using the dice.
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Other Games Thread   Other Games Thread - Page 12 EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 4:35 pm

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002I0K5NC
Deus Ex just went down from $60, to $30, for PS3. Thought I'd share. On sale for XBox at $35.
Back to top Go down
Aidan
Noble
Aidan

Character sheet
DDO character: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Other Games Thread   Other Games Thread - Page 12 EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 5:55 pm

i only got lag on xbox when i was fighting 20 bandits while a dragon fought me and npc's were constantly being spawned and a dragon was fighting something in a mountain to the side :? and only a tiny bit of lag.

Most of my skills are like 20-30, whereas destruction is at 65 Razz

EDIT: just muffled my way to lvl 100 illusion haha
Back to top Go down
Goblindad
Squire
Goblindad

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Other Games Thread   Other Games Thread - Page 12 EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 9:31 pm

Elois wrote:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002I0K5NC
Deus Ex just went down from $60, to $30, for PS3. Thought I'd share. On sale for XBox at $35.

Don't do it....
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Other Games Thread   Other Games Thread - Page 12 EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 10:21 pm

Do iiitttt
Back to top Go down
Bekah
Noble
Bekah

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Other Games Thread   Other Games Thread - Page 12 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 6:59 pm

anto_capone wrote:
anyone ever make a forum game, using the forum dice?

like a choose your own adventure book with 20 sided dice...

I don't have time from now until the new year, but after that I am happy to start just such a game, all I will need to know is who would be interested in taking part.
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger

PostSubject: Re: Other Games Thread   Other Games Thread - Page 12 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 8:03 pm

I would. I actually have a large outline of a forum game about the zombie apocalypse. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.nngo.biz
Kazimi
Citizen
Kazimi

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Baker

PostSubject: Re: Other Games Thread   Other Games Thread - Page 12 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 4:37 am

The only game I want to buy now is Battlefield 3 but I will wait a few months until the price went down and I have some more spare time.
Back to top Go down
Aidan
Noble
Aidan

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Other Games Thread   Other Games Thread - Page 12 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 9:50 pm

anto_capone wrote:
I would. I actually have a large outline of a forum game about the zombie apocalypse. Razz

Elois wrote:
Do iiitttt
Back to top Go down
Fitz_
Squire
Fitz_

PostSubject: Re: Other Games Thread   Other Games Thread - Page 12 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 3:00 am

I decided to check out the Secfenia home page after leaving the game a little while ago. I was amused to see this...

Quote :
Dec 10, 2011 9:14 am:
Winter Fest has begun! You will receive 2 snowballs every 12 hours. Careful, some might dodge your snowball

Yeah, cause that's not copying RK at all Suspect
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Other Games Thread   Other Games Thread - Page 12 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 3:55 am

Aion is going free to play, in Europe. Enjoy! Smile
http://www.mmobomb.com/news/aion-going-free-to-play-in-europe/
Back to top Go down
Telcara
Squire
Telcara

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Other Games Thread   Other Games Thread - Page 12 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 4:11 pm

eww... Secfenia.. One of the games I'll never join again, even though I can admit I sometimes miss it. But I hate the admin, who was Viceroy in RK. So fucking biased.
Back to top Go down
Bellz
Knight
Bellz

Location : in a galexy far far away or Khyber... or stuck at work dreaming of Hawaii

Character sheet
DDO character: Cleric
RK Profession: Baker

PostSubject: Re: Other Games Thread   Other Games Thread - Page 12 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 6:44 pm

I started playing SWTOR and am having a blast. If anyone else is playing, I'm on the Vrook Lamar server =)
Back to top Go down
Goblindad
Squire
Goblindad

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Other Games Thread   Other Games Thread - Page 12 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 7:18 pm

Picked up Eve a couple days ago... I may be hooked.

If anyone wants a free trial, let me know. I have 20 day trials and one 60 day trial for someone.
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Other Games Thread   Other Games Thread - Page 12 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 10:12 pm

My game of the week is Allods. Gave it another whirl. I love the races available in the Empire Faction but tried playing an elf from the League faction and it's so much better for me. Empire players are in a more steampunk environment, whereas the League are in a more fantasy/WoW environment. So, it helps me deal with missing WoW quite a bit. The battle system is pretty smooth and the graphics are beautiful.

Other Games Thread - Page 12 Allods111222060808cap

And I just realized my elf looks like Nicole Kidman. Razz They keep giving me free hats, so her hat of the moment is a crab hat. Razz
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Other Games Thread   Other Games Thread - Page 12 EmptySun Dec 25, 2011 7:29 am

So...Deus Ex and Skyrim...

I've come to realize that video games have spoiled me. I haven't played a really good game since PSX was around. And thus, I've lost patience.

Deus Ex is great, if I enjoy getting my ass handed to me. The game is a shooter and my aim is utter crap. However, the game has the option to let me use stealth to get around areas. I am thinking I will just have to be patient and go the more stealthy route. My way of playing is usually the berseker way, going in your face, killing indiscriminately. Will have to reel it in. Razz

Skyrim, by comparison, is an easy game. The hard part of Skyrim is finding where I need to be, which only takes some more patience and checking the map sometimes. I do love that like Fallout, there's lockpicking and I can always break into someone's home and mass murder before I get killed by some guards. Razz Broke into some Battle-born dude's house after he called me a coward, then I killed his mum! Yay. My sis is a complete mental case when it comes to Fallout, so we'll have fun with that.
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Other Games Thread   Other Games Thread - Page 12 EmptySun Dec 25, 2011 7:38 am

BTW, I'm thinking one of these cheap controllers to play Skyrim with:
http://www.amazon.com/Snakebyte-Final-Fantasy-XIV-Controller-000009/

Mmobomb is giving away a few in their contest, for anyone interested.
http://www.mmobomb.com/giveaway/free-pc-controllers/
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Other Games Thread   Other Games Thread - Page 12 EmptySun Dec 25, 2011 6:08 pm

Dude from my gamer comm made this vid. It's a handheld program that allows SNES games to be played like they'd be in a Gameboy.
http://blip.tv/the-bastard-gamer/yobo-fc-16-go-review-5846875
Back to top Go down
Aidan
Noble
Aidan

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Other Games Thread   Other Games Thread - Page 12 EmptySun Dec 25, 2011 7:23 pm

With high enough sneak, you'll never get caught, and even a moderately high speach will get the guards to stfu. + pretty sure if you kill all witnessess the bounty goes away.

I have a lvl 32 orc tank, lvl32 kajit sneaky guy and a lvl 32 dark elf destruction mage >Smile

Gonna get mw3 with a gamestop voucher mah' bro got me. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Other Games Thread   Other Games Thread - Page 12 EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 12:03 pm

Deus ex is good, but first one is the best still. Possible to go straight and shoot all that moves, but it takes away lots of fun Smile
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Other Games Thread   Other Games Thread - Page 12 EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 6:03 am

Never played the first or second. I think the PS2 version was voted game of the year back then?

How's everybody doing with Skyrim? The more quests I do, the more into it I get. Up to level 8, almost, and just joined the Companions. Think I'll have my char marry Farkas though I'm not sure.
Back to top Go down
Aidan
Noble
Aidan

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Other Games Thread   Other Games Thread - Page 12 EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 7:46 am

The game annoys me because you can't get to level 50+ by sticking to a single character build, i feel like all my guys would hit their peek at like lvl 35 or so without touching into a skill I don't use at all, so I started a Nord one handed + shield at the minute who im going to make into a master-of-all trades Very Happy lvl 50 here I come Very Happy

And another thing I noticed is bandits and other enemies that come in masses are too easy, makes you crank it up to master to save you from boredom but then most everything else is now overpowered Razz

EDIT: unless your a strict mage, smithing and enchanting are amazing things to upgrade. one of my friends had a lvl 90 smithing at like lvl 10 just from iron daggers, but he had no house and had put no skills into his weapons.. a bit squishy for a tank imo because in a party he'd always be screaming " f_king drugers Laughing Laughing "
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Other Games Thread   Other Games Thread - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Other Games Thread
Page 12 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next