AuthorMessage
refutor
Commoner
refutor

Character sheet
DDO character: Cleric
RK Profession: None

Cheap crafting boost Empty
PostSubject: Cheap crafting boost   Cheap crafting boost EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 9:10 am

once you get enough free agent favour (50? 75?) go to the vendor in the harbor and buy a whole bunch of Crude Vials (you can get about 2500 of them for 250plat). go to the crafting place and craft a bunch of shards of potential and rake in the crafting xp. it sounds complicated but you'll get the hang of it quick and even if i am lying (which i'm not) you're out 250 plat. the trick is that the crude vial is a crafting ingredient and the shards of potential (and stuff like that) are crafted based on a set number (50,100,175,275,etc.) of *any* crafting ingredient, including cheap-ass Crude Vials from the Free Agent Vendor

Good luck!

Refutor

p.s. once you've convinced yourself this works, buy tens of thousands of crude vials. i got myself up to level 50 crafting (gained about 5 levels doing this in each discipline) and i can easily craft myself a +4 holy silver great axe of evil outsider bane ML:15. not much you're going to be able to find at level 15 that will be better in the vale than that. at those levels you can also craft yourself greater shards, which give a +2 to DCs...ML:11
Back to top Go down
Darkness
Commoner
Darkness

Character sheet
DDO character: Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Cheap crafting boost   Cheap crafting boost EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 10:57 am

ok, the crude vials are 3 plat per 25 (with a haggle skill of 1) so yes can be cheap.

minimum level for bound shards is 33, minimum level for unbound is level 60.

So while it is plausible to gain some crafting rather cheaply, you have to have a fair amount of crafting level to begin with.
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet
DDO character: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Cheap crafting boost   Cheap crafting boost EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 4:58 pm

Thanks for the tip, I'll be trying this out Very Happy
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger
RK Profession: Blacksmith

PostSubject: Re: Cheap crafting boost   Cheap crafting boost EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 5:16 pm

huh, wish i knew this trick about 30 crafting levels ago.

still, might make some use of it now, but am level 90+
Back to top Go down
http://www.nngo.biz
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Cheap crafting boost   Cheap crafting boost EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 7:12 pm

Worked beautifully getting my arcane crafting lvl from the start of 80 to halfway through 84. Not sure how efficient I was being, but used the unbound shard maker first.

This is something you can start at lvl 20 crafting, as you then have a 50% chance of making a bound shard of potential +6.

How high can you go? Up to making unbound shards of potential +14 at crafting lvl 140 (or starting at 130 with a lower chance to craft), and bound shards of potential +14 at crafting lvl 90 (starting at 80 with a lower chance to craft).

The shards of potential +15 doesn't seem possible due to requiring stacks of 1150 crude vials, and they can only stack up to 1000 in your inventory.

+1 for the tip!

ETA: Tried out how effective it was at lower lvls on a crafting toon on Thelanis. I had a few essences of each school in the ingreds bag already which helped, but got the arcane crafting lvl from 26 to 39 in a short space of time. Divine and elemental crafting lvls went from 25 to 34, and will get another boost soon as I hit lvl 35 and start making bound shards of potential +9.

This is really worth doing.
Back to top Go down
refutor
Commoner
refutor

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Cheap crafting boost   Cheap crafting boost EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 8:32 am

Beth wrote:

This is really worth doing.

glad it helped!

Refutor
Back to top Go down
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet
DDO character: Paladin
RK Profession: Weaver

PostSubject: Re: Cheap crafting boost   Cheap crafting boost EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 9:58 am

Thanks for the tip! +1
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Cheap crafting boost   Cheap crafting boost EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 10:05 pm

Bumping this up so new peeps can read and take note.
Back to top Go down
Seldomseen
Knight

Character sheet
RK Profession: Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: Cheap crafting boost   Cheap crafting boost EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 1:06 pm

so to start on crafting (after the tutorial) we should just break crap magical items into essences? At what level crafting should we start doing the trick with the vials?

ETA I think this site is helpful

http://cannith.cubicleninja.com/

Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Cheap crafting boost   Cheap crafting boost EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 4:37 am

Seldomseen wrote:
so to start on crafting (after the tutorial) we should just break crap magical items into essences? At what level crafting should we start doing the trick with the vials?

ETA I think this site is helpful

http://cannith.cubicleninja.com/

Yup. Deconstruct your vendor trash into essences. Deconstruct everything. You still get plat when you deconstruct items, so don't worry about going broke and you also get small amounts of crafting xp doing this. Then make shards using those essences for the main source of crafting xp. I'll usually make shards that have an 80% chance of success for a larger amount of xp. Then deconstruct those shards . Repeat.

When you get to lvl 20 you can start using crude vials to make shards of potential. A bound +6 shard of potential is a lvl 30 crafting technique BUT at lvl 20 you have a 50% chance to succeed at making one. As the crude vials are so cheap it doesn't matter if you get a number of failed attempts.

When you get to lvl 50, you can also start to make unbound shards of potential on the other side of the room. I highly recommend selling these unbound shards of potential on the AH. You can make nice money considering how little is spent in the buying of the crude vials. There's always some idiot trying to control the AH by buying up stuff and repricing higher. Undercut this idiot just enough that he thinks he's getting a bargain and buys all of yours up - daily :p
Back to top Go down
Seldomseen
Knight

Character sheet
RK Profession: Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: Cheap crafting boost   Cheap crafting boost EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 7:52 am

thanks sounds easy enough and will help fill in the time when i dont have enough to run a quest
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cheap crafting boost   Cheap crafting boost Empty

Back to top Go down

Cheap crafting boost
Page 1 of 1