Join us at our NEW forum: www.nngo.biz
All your Nachos are belong to us!
Join us at our NEW forum: www.nngo.biz
All your Nachos are belong to us!

~NNGO IZ SRS BSNS~

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» TORN
New Policy Regarding Inactives - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2018 3:03 pm by anto_capone

» Ridiculously rough draft ideas
New Policy Regarding Inactives - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2018 7:50 pm by James

» The Music Thread!
New Policy Regarding Inactives - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 08, 2018 1:19 pm by Trinity

» How's life treating ya?
New Policy Regarding Inactives - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 05, 2018 8:06 am by Trinity

» Games to Replace RK - Reviews
New Policy Regarding Inactives - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 23, 2017 7:28 pm by Bekah

» Queen of Ireland
New Policy Regarding Inactives - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 23, 2017 12:28 am by jaqk

» RPG Maker
New Policy Regarding Inactives - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 18, 2017 9:52 pm by Trinity

» Fight of Ages
New Policy Regarding Inactives - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 17, 2017 8:43 pm by Trinity

» Access to NNGO Forums
New Policy Regarding Inactives - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 28, 2017 2:28 pm by gonads

» Laugh of the day
New Policy Regarding Inactives - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 21, 2017 9:40 pm by Bekah

Navigation
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 215 on Tue May 18, 2021 2:52 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Discord

New Policy Regarding Inactives

Go down 
+9
Blainwolfe
James
Dee_Snider
Toasti Jen
Zogdor
the_flame
Beth
Likaios
anto_capone
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet
DDO character: Fighter
RK Profession: None

New Policy Regarding Inactives - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Policy Regarding Inactives   New Policy Regarding Inactives - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 8:10 am

I will respect your decision to not discuss your reasons for leaving, Thor, but I think it is a big shame to see you leave the DDO guild.

I cannot imagine you arguing with anyone in the guild or anyone picking a fight with you - as you are so good tempered and well-liked.

However I am going to hazard a guess ... is this to do with RK matters? If so, I will emphasize again that there is no game crossover from RK to DDO. Infact the majority of member in the NNGO guild in DDO are not part of the RK organisation of the same name.

Please reconsider before pulling your toons out of the guild.
Back to top Go down
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet
DDO character: Paladin
RK Profession: Weaver

PostSubject: Re: New Policy Regarding Inactives   New Policy Regarding Inactives - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 8:18 am

I agree totally. It would be a great shame to see you go as DDO is a completely different game to RK.

I don't know if it has anything to do with RK, but just in case you didn't know, in RK (although I'm entirely inactive there now), Anto and I were pretty much arch-rivals, Bella and I had some arguments too, but none of that matters as it was only RK-related.

We grow attached to our guildies in DDO, so it worries us when someone wants to leave. Many of us have been invited to join other guilds at some point or other, but at the end of the day we are NNGO and we have a great gaming relationship with each other. We help each other out, we wipe together, win together and are there for each other for a laugh or a moan.

Naturally, I don't want to see you go, so please re-think before leaving.
Back to top Go down
refutor
Commoner
refutor

Character sheet
DDO character: Cleric

PostSubject: Re: New Policy Regarding Inactives   New Policy Regarding Inactives - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 10:47 am

anto_capone wrote:

1: First, we are going to make a separate chat channel. This channel will be for all our guild members and all our friends in DDO. Invite anyone you like, just type /joinchannel NNGO [Zarkon] to join. Soon, I will be invited 'allies' and various friends I have met in DDO who are not in our guild to this chat channel as well.

haven't been on khyber for quite a while...is this still the guild chat?
Back to top Go down
Bellz
Knight
Bellz

Location : in a galexy far far away or Khyber... or stuck at work dreaming of Hawaii

Character sheet
DDO character: Cleric
RK Profession: Baker

PostSubject: Re: New Policy Regarding Inactives   New Policy Regarding Inactives - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 12:11 pm

Hehe.... I think everyone has had arguments with Bell over there Laughing

And I'll chime in with the whole bit if it has to do with RK, it's not a reason to leave. Hell most of NNGO hates Bell still and when Anto mentioned DDO, I jumped at the idea.

I get nasty letters still over there and accused of all sorts of things because I play ddo with people who are bad guys in some other game. Rather stupid and a bit mentally unbalanced if you ask me. I've taken to politely telling them to get bent.

Guess my point is, don't do things because someone is making you do them, especially if it has to do with game cross over. That would be their problem for not being able to see outside of one other game, not yours.

Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger
RK Profession: Blacksmith

PostSubject: Re: New Policy Regarding Inactives   New Policy Regarding Inactives - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 6:27 pm

Thor, we'll talk next time you log in, and work out what is best for you. Of course we will take good care of Aly, and we all will miss you horribly if you go.

I'm not going to jump to conclusions, and I will respect your privacy, but I just want to repeat something Bella just said:

Bellz wrote:
don't do things because someone is making you do them

The above quote applies to everything in life. You only have one life, and it is yours alone. I am not going to tell you what to do, because that defeats the point. Don't stay because you will be sorely missed by us, you will of course be missed.
But just please remember, doing things because you are forced to do so will only make you resentful of whomever is trying to control you over time.

Cheers bro, and best wishes,

anto
Back to top Go down
http://www.nngo.biz
Thorisin
Serf

PostSubject: Re: New Policy Regarding Inactives   New Policy Regarding Inactives - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 10:03 pm

I thank you all for your kind words and want to reassure you that I made this decision on my own.

I have been into online games for 20 years now... I started in 1992 in a game called Neverwinter Nights on AOL. I joined a guild there called Soldiers of Light. I could go to any game they play and rejoin them. I was even their Arch Prelate (Guild Master) for a year and a half. Things went OOC and I was threatened to be sued, so I left. I did go back after about a year and a half.

I have been through many other games. Darksun Online, The Realms, Meridian something or another, Ultima Online, Everquest, Dark Age of Camelot and World of Warcraft.

So as you can see I have been around a few places. Noone is making me do anything

As far as RK goes... well Aly and I still owe Anto a sword in the gullet for sinking our ship... unarmed no less. I would have liked to have been the one who recently sank him but alas...

I even had a running joke that I would load a cannon on a rowboat and row out to sink him.

Again thank you for your words.
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet
DDO character: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: New Policy Regarding Inactives   New Policy Regarding Inactives - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 6:05 am

Okay, well if you're determined to leave ...

To answer your question, it doesn't really matter if you take both your toons out at the same time or separately. On leaving, each of your toons will take with them 10% of the renown they've earned for the guild. When the last toon has gone, we will then have 2 weeks of a leaving penalty on the modified guild size (this penalty is based on the account rather than separate toons). But that's no biggie as it just like you being part of the guild for two weeks but not playing.

ETA: the ones who are the douches are the ones who log on once a month to keep their account active but never play. Totally different kettle of fish.
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger
RK Profession: Blacksmith

PostSubject: Re: New Policy Regarding Inactives   New Policy Regarding Inactives - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 5:37 pm

Yes, what Beth said.

Really hope you don't go, but if you must you must. Just know that you'll always have a place in our guild, Thor. Its been a real pleasure running with you, and a lot of fun. I hope we are still friends!
Back to top Go down
http://www.nngo.biz
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Policy Regarding Inactives   New Policy Regarding Inactives - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

New Policy Regarding Inactives
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2