anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger
RK Profession: Blacksmith

The BETA Thread Empty
PostSubject: The BETA Thread   The BETA Thread EmptyThu May 10, 2012 8:23 pm

First, if you want to play, you need to download and install the beta client lamania.

http://content.turbine.com/sites/clientdl/ddo/beta/ddohigh.exe

We can then organize to give out friend passes (each of us that got the x-pack got 1 friend key), so everyone who wants can access.

Release notes are here: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=372231

Remember all, the Closed BETA is held by non-disclosure agreement for now, until it becomes OPEN beta we cannot discuss specifics here.

Last edited by anto_capone on Fri May 11, 2012 5:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.nngo.biz
ArcaneJill
Admin
ArcaneJill

Character sheet
DDO character: Cleric
RK Profession: None

The BETA Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BETA Thread   The BETA Thread EmptyThu May 10, 2012 10:07 pm

Anto and I are running around in the beta ATM if anyone wants to join us. Character copy isn't working so we have new toons. Look for Tilda and Anto Smile
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet
DDO character: Fighter

The BETA Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BETA Thread   The BETA Thread EmptyThu May 10, 2012 10:32 pm

Smile This is really generous of you. I'll start downloading lamania, but if its anything like the initial download for ddo, I may be some time Rolling Eyes

Did you roll druids?
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

The BETA Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BETA Thread   The BETA Thread EmptyThu May 10, 2012 10:50 pm

I rolled a druid and made a NNGO guild there.

Word of warning if making a druid: INT is NOT the base stat, WIS is. You will have to re-roll if you go full INT like I did. Sad
Back to top Go down
Rannos
Serf

Character sheet
DDO character: Wizard
RK Profession: Butcher

The BETA Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BETA Thread   The BETA Thread EmptyFri May 11, 2012 12:51 am

I am interested if there is an extra code floating around.
Back to top Go down
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet
DDO character: Paladin
RK Profession: Weaver

The BETA Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BETA Thread   The BETA Thread EmptyFri May 11, 2012 6:07 am

Guess who went full int Smile

My toon is called Shifty - lvl 1 druid invite plz Smile
Back to top Go down
Seldomseen
Knight

Character sheet
RK Profession: Carpenter

The BETA Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BETA Thread   The BETA Thread EmptyFri May 11, 2012 8:43 am

i have the x pack and will download tonight when i get home, is it obvious how to give a friend an invite?

I also am guessing having a guild full of druids will not be fun ( well maybe funny Smile ) so i will roll something else.
Back to top Go down
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet

The BETA Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BETA Thread   The BETA Thread EmptyFri May 11, 2012 8:56 am

If you got the e-mail from Turbine regarding the Beta, then it should have a code in it for a friend.

I didn't get the mail.

I don't think I will bother with Beta tbh - I've always been a loyal customer and have rarely complained, but I'm feeling extremely screwed over by this Beta for two reasons.

1 - I'm ineligible for the contest because it's only open to US, UK and Germany citizens (I paid the same f*ing price and don't give two hoots if it's a problem with the laws in my country about free giveaways - if that's the case then don't make it available to anyone. This is really shitty customer service).

2 - My character copy didn't work. I bought the pre-purchase pack to test the Beta as promised. I do not have access to any of the MotU content because I don't have a character at that level. Again, I paid good money, except this time I have not got what I have paid for because Turbine are incapable of making anything work properly. It is false advertisement and quite frankly it makes me sick. There is NO way I'm going to level a toon from 1-20 on a beta server, when I have a thousand TRs to do on live.

I rarely bitch about Turbine, so I think you can gather I am extremely pissed at this customer service and I'm not sure I can be arsed with a game that treats its customers like this. It's disrespectful and, in my eyes, illegal - they advertised something, got us to pay for it and then didn't come through with the goods.

Dunno if I wanna waste much more time on DDO and might actually try and do something constructive with my life.
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

The BETA Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BETA Thread   The BETA Thread EmptyFri May 11, 2012 10:50 am

Jeez Zog, take it easy Razz

I wasn't able to transfer any toons over yet either, they are supposed to be flushing the char copy tool today though. I don't think its disrespectful to have issues on the first day of a beta, but that is a matter of opinion I guess. Smile

The contest thing sucks, but I don't expect them to do something illegal or on the same token to never hold contests for anyone. TBH I'm not even sure how they could tell if you won and gave a fake address... Razz

I didn't get my email yet either, I hope that it comes soon. A lot of people didn't get their emails yet either though, so I expect it is in the works soon. Smile

Cheer up Zog, not worth getting stressed over! The reason are upset is because you care about this game of course, but no need to let it burn you up like this!
Back to top Go down
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet

The BETA Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BETA Thread   The BETA Thread EmptyFri May 11, 2012 1:09 pm

Probably the worst thing you can tell someone who's pissed off to do is to take it easy.

I'm weak and don't bear grudges so if Turbine ever pull their fingers out of each other's arses and fix it, I'll forgive them... but until then I have every right to bitch and be pissed off at their crappy customer service Wink

Oh and I've been told the reason I didn't get the e-mail is that I checked the "don't send spammy crap to my inbox" option. Obviously, this includes their beta information mail Shocked
Back to top Go down
Seldomseen
Knight

Character sheet

The BETA Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BETA Thread   The BETA Thread EmptyFri May 11, 2012 5:33 pm

you cant vet into the druid class, but can you vet 7 levels into another class then mutilclass into the druid class?
Back to top Go down
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet

The BETA Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BETA Thread   The BETA Thread EmptyFri May 11, 2012 6:14 pm

Btw, I got my mail from Turbine today with my friend code. So if you haven't got access and would like it please send me a PM on this forum, first come, first server Smile

If you get someone else to give you access before I get back to you, please let me know as my internet access this weekend will be sporadic.
Back to top Go down
ArcaneJill
Admin
ArcaneJill

Character sheet

The BETA Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BETA Thread   The BETA Thread EmptyFri May 11, 2012 6:48 pm

Got my code today as well, so that is up for grabs.

Zog I feel your pain. Wanted to check out the new stuff yesterday as well and couldn't since char copy is broken. Ended up making a clonk to try that out while Anto tried druid and looking for new gear. Was fun but probably not as satisfying as exploring the new high level stuff.

A lot of changes are coming, and a lot of it is currently severely bugged which makes it nearly unplayable. You're not the only one mad; Jaayse was nearly beside herself last night on beta because the bugs made her character incredibly gimped.
Back to top Go down
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet

The BETA Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BETA Thread   The BETA Thread EmptyFri May 11, 2012 6:59 pm

Character copy is working now - got 5 of mine over there, I think Dark sent me invites (or was it Seldom?).

There was a global announcement that it will be closing at 11 PM Eastern today and opening again on Monday.
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet

The BETA Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BETA Thread   The BETA Thread EmptyFri May 11, 2012 7:46 pm

I won't be taking part, despite the kind offers. I started to download lamannia and like the original download for ddo its going to take 24 hours min (fecking french hamsters can't power the internet any faster here Smile ). That I can cope with, but when I paused the download and then tried to restart it later, it said I didn't have access and wouldn't let me. Not sure what is going on with that but it's fine. I don't have the expansion pack anyway and I'd probably just pout when I see what is available. Have fun on beta, guys!
Back to top Go down
Blainwolfe
Commoner
Blainwolfe

The BETA Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BETA Thread   The BETA Thread EmptyFri May 11, 2012 7:49 pm

I was incredibly pissed because I didn't know they had a bug for spell casters/healers that made either metamagics or enhancements not stack or something. I assumed it was the new spell power system, which I still don't understand at all. I just figured it was turbine as usual changing things so I'd have to totally regear my toon (which I'll probably have to do with the new epic content anyways).

lets just say all my healing was at half or less than usual, like that of a fully battle speced fvs.

I'm still pissed about the power attack changes though, it really does gimp out any and all spell casters with power attack. So much for multi-classing melee and spells. Stick with one or the other it seems.
Back to top Go down
Seldomseen
Knight

Character sheet

The BETA Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BETA Thread   The BETA Thread EmptyFri May 11, 2012 8:27 pm

no wasnt me i will have my own access once this damn download finishes
must be alot of people downloading says 5 more hours
Back to top Go down
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet

The BETA Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BETA Thread   The BETA Thread EmptyFri May 11, 2012 8:31 pm

Well, the class that is most likely to be affected by the power attack problem is Paladin Sad

They are a melee based toon, but have spells that they cast, often during battle to improve their DPS and they have to be recast often as their duration is short (2 mins something without extend).
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

The BETA Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BETA Thread   The BETA Thread EmptyFri May 11, 2012 8:46 pm

Power attack borking is a bug, was a post by a dev about it.
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet

The BETA Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BETA Thread   The BETA Thread EmptySun May 20, 2012 3:25 pm

I'm noticing some Doooooommm posts on the DDO forums about the upcoming stuff, which naturally can't be elaborated on cos of the NDA.

Are you feeling okay about the coming changes? Players are warning players not to TR until after the expansion etc because they may not be happy with how the changes affect their TR choices etc.

Is it gloom and doom? Is it all fine and some ppl are just never happy with change etc?
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

The BETA Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BETA Thread   The BETA Thread EmptyMon May 21, 2012 2:47 am

Honestly, its too soon to tell. I think the NDA is kinda dumb too to be honest; it helps to talk through things and they aren't helping themselves by gagging people from sharing opinions.

Some of the changes I really like, but some I am not a big fan of at all. They are reworking a lot of mechanics, and honestly I don't think a lot of it is going to hit live as it is on Beta, but we'll see.

I'm nervous about it. DDO is my favorite game, and people are so split over all these changes that it worries me. Its definitely NOT all doom and gloom though. There are some VERY AWESOME things coming; its the mechanics changes that have people going cuckoo. Even myself, I've have been very vocal against a couple of the changes on their official forum. But, credit due where it is due and all. Smile

We'll just have to see how it all translates I think.
Back to top Go down
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet

The BETA Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BETA Thread   The BETA Thread EmptyMon May 21, 2012 7:31 am

I haven't been testing it tbh.

My playtime is limited at the moment due to an extremely busy work schedule and I actually enjoy TRing (as if you hadn't guessed Very Happy).
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet

The BETA Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BETA Thread   The BETA Thread EmptyMon May 21, 2012 4:21 pm

Thanks for the info. Musing it over as I remembered that I'd intended to TR Zillee again (likely to monk a few times, or maybe get that third fighter life), or if not, then TR Zkola to a second life of monk. I can't imagine things changing so utterly radically that I'll stop wanting to play melee toons. I should just stop reading the Doooomm!!1! posts on the ddo forums and enjoy the game for what it is. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The BETA Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BETA Thread   The BETA Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

The BETA Thread
Page 1 of 1