anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger
RK Profession: Blacksmith

Oh Dear... Empty
PostSubject: Oh Dear...   Oh Dear... EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 8:42 am

Fucking epic ward is coming back, not fucking happy about it at all. Will be shelving the wizard I guess. Sad

So many changes.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.nngo.biz
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet
DDO character: Fighter
RK Profession: None

Oh Dear... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh Dear...   Oh Dear... EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 9:09 am

Didn't really know what you meant by epic ward, so looked it up. For anyone else going ?? here's the link:

http://ddowiki.com/page/Epic_Ward

Is it the no insta kill on orange names making you sad panda, anto?
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

Oh Dear... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh Dear...   Oh Dear... EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 9:21 am

No insta kill on any epic mob until they are less than 50% health. Sad

Never could insta kill orange/red names, they were always a 500-1000 spell point mana dump. Even assassin rogues are going to be fucked by this... Sad

Quote :
Epic monsters on hard and elite are now resistant against death if their CR is above 20. This ward is called “hard to kill” and acts as a death ward until the targets hps drops below 50% which removes the ward. The ward doesn’t restore after the monster heals.

Warning, it reads like a book and there are nerfs for everyone:

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=376774
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet

Oh Dear... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh Dear...   Oh Dear... EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 10:13 am

Yup, that was a bit of a tome. I found some of it confusing but it'll probably come clear in practice. Finding the changes to poisons and diseases weird; not happy that displacement is a self spell only now. Found the stuff on AC interesting. A lot to take in!
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet

Oh Dear... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh Dear...   Oh Dear... EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 1:44 pm

The amount of Doooooom!!!1! on the forums is kinda funny.
Back to top Go down
Blainwolfe
Commoner
Blainwolfe

Oh Dear... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh Dear...   Oh Dear... EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 4:34 pm

no more scroll farming... at least not on most of the quests we use atm... I'm thinking Chrono will be the hardest to farm, so I'm going to make an effort to get what I can from it right now.

still golden on PC
Back to top Go down
Bellz
Knight
Bellz

Location : in a galexy far far away or Khyber... or stuck at work dreaming of Hawaii

Character sheet
DDO character: Cleric
RK Profession: Baker

Oh Dear... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh Dear...   Oh Dear... EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 6:29 pm

I love DOOOOOOOMM!!111!! threads.. may have to go peek Laughing

and just to be cheeky ... told you epics were evil Anto Wink
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet

Oh Dear... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh Dear...   Oh Dear... EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 7:19 pm

Enjoy, Bella! There's a lot of tears being shed. There's also threads about clerics being reduced to heal bots as their damage is being nerfed because of the way the new spell power works. I was going to step into one of those threads and point out that healbots are obsolete too cos everyone is now self-sufficient after all the threads to do with clerics not being nannybots ... but I'm not sure people would appreciate the joke.

Jaayse, how will this affect farming scrolls in the current content? As you can probably tell, I'm still confused about the implications. What I can gather is that this death ward 50% thingy is for quests in the new content (which are all considered epic) that are on hard and elite, but not on normal difficulty?

Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

Oh Dear... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh Dear...   Oh Dear... EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 7:56 pm

Scrolls are going to be pretty useless anyway. Epic gear is outdated, the new random loot that is level 21-25 is going to be better.

Kinda mixed feelings about it, but I'm mostly ok with it.

But what you mean about epic scrolls? They should still drop on the 'lower' epic diffs, no?
Back to top Go down
Blainwolfe
Commoner
Blainwolfe

Oh Dear... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh Dear...   Oh Dear... EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 8:13 pm

I just reread it and it does say hard and elite will have the ward, I suppose you could still farm on normal, but it's for all epic quests not just the new content. I've seen some of the random loot level 21 to 25, and it didn't seem that much better than a lot of the normal epic gear. I'll admit I don't know much about epic/raid loot specific to the new update area.

As for threads about clerics not being nanny bots, I put one up myself for all divine raids... Not really because I think most people think of them as being solely for healing the party, but to have fun taking on other roles in raids (lets face it, if we just stopped healing to tank or dps then people would be mad). Hopefully we'll be doing one that will cause people to be like "oh that is such a fail" like ToD or LoB. I love getting tells saying you're an idiot and then posting a picture the next day showing a win.
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

Oh Dear... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh Dear...   Oh Dear... EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 8:56 pm

Well, better do it now because after the update divines damage is getting trashed. Razz

DoT's, BB, implosion, destruction, slay living....
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

Oh Dear... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh Dear...   Oh Dear... EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 9:57 pm

And yes I do think most epic gear will be replaced. We have +8 stat items coming out, with +3 insight bonus to stats, major spell focus item with +3 DC...
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

Oh Dear... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh Dear...   Oh Dear... EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 3:44 am

with 30+ pages of people pissed off about it, i kinda doubt it will go as is. well, im hopeful

otherwise anyone who uses death spells or attacks will be not be happy.

all casters (divines and arcanes), assassin rogues, even monks will be affected.

its just an annoying change. if it happens, whatever, i'll run someone else thru. but i was really looking forward to getting another past life for my wiz and now, im not so sure. Sad
Back to top Go down
refutor
Commoner
refutor

Character sheet
DDO character: Cleric

Oh Dear... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh Dear...   Oh Dear... EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 12:07 pm

anto_capone wrote:
with 30+ pages of people pissed off about it, i kinda doubt it will go as is. well, im hopeful

otherwise anyone who uses death spells or attacks will be not be happy.

all casters (divines and arcanes), assassin rogues, even monks will be affected.

its just an annoying change. if it happens, whatever, i'll run someone else thru. but i was really looking forward to getting another past life for my wiz and now, im not so sure. Sad

yes it sucks for soloing, but maybe the intent is to let the melee engage first and have the instakillers finish them off...not fun for melees running around with a powerful wizard and seeing things drop before you even get a swing in. they have epic ward on epic cannith challenges and i don't think that totally nerfed the use of rogues, monks and all casters did it? Wink
Back to top Go down
Dee_Snider
Knight
Dee_Snider

Character sheet
DDO character: Wizard

Oh Dear... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh Dear...   Oh Dear... EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 12:21 pm

Casters are way too overpowered anyways - wahhhhh.
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

Oh Dear... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh Dear...   Oh Dear... EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 8:14 pm

refutor wrote:
yes it sucks for soloing, but maybe the intent is to let the melee engage first and have the instakillers finish them off...not fun for melees running around with a powerful wizard and seeing things drop before you even get a swing in. they have epic ward on epic cannith challenges and i don't think that totally nerfed the use of rogues, monks and all casters did it? Wink

you remember the old epic ward? i do, and it sucked balls. it made my wizard a buff bot who threw hold monster on everything and then sat back and piked. Sad

it's intent might be for some more teamwork, but i can tell you from experience on how it used to be: thats not whats going to happen. everyone will simple TR into a sorc- thats what I would do.

i dont run much of the challenges, if i did i imagine it sure wouldnt be on my wizard.

Dee_snider wrote:
Casters are way too overpowered anyways - wahhhhh.

I know, frankly I am sick to death of people who say shit like that. People who think casters are overpowered either: have no clue about playing a caster, and/or they have no clue how long and hard it is to build and gear one properly.
No offense to our good old melee's, but being a caster/divine has an entirely different, and more difficult, meta-game than just 'hold left mouse button down the whole quest'. It takes a long time, a VERY long to time build and gear a caster.

Its why I like monks, because of all the different ki attacks and special attacks make it more interesting to me than my fighter who rots at level 13 or whatever. Its why my ranger can get traps and scroll heal.

Looks like they did wind up changing it, i've yet to read it tho.
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

Oh Dear... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh Dear...   Oh Dear... EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 8:19 pm

I've been working on my wizard what, 2 years? And he still don't have a torc, +4 tome, tod ring... he's only got a 42 necro DC which is kinda lame.

But all that aside, i've been out killed in epics by every class out there. I've led the kill count more than a few times, but the main reason for that is because I zerg. My ranger on his 3rd life out kills everyone, every quest we've run except once I got beat by a FvS who just plain zerged better than me. Credit where its due, it wasn't because the FvS was OP. It was because I had to stop and get traps.

The whole thing has made me kind of bitter on DDO for a bit.
Back to top Go down
Blainwolfe
Commoner
Blainwolfe

Oh Dear... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh Dear...   Oh Dear... EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 10:57 pm

Not only are casters hard to gear and get those epic DCs, they're expensive in pots for divines and you have to have skill to play them. Even with the best gear if you have not gained skill, you'll be booed out of a party :/
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

Oh Dear... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh Dear...   Oh Dear... EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 11:38 pm

I know. If a caster or divine is being played shitty (like when I'm really drunk hehe), everyone will notice it. I can get away with so much more alcohol with my ranger as long as there aren't traps hehehe.

Ah well, they already changing it, actually the change seems kinda worse now because it will affect even heroic levels (non-epic quests). But we'll just have to see.

What bugs me the most, is why change it at all? Its causing so much division. Shouldn't everyone just be excited about the x-pack, instead of arguing and fighting about changes? This is not good business for Turbine, and quite frankly I don't see what the point of it is.
Back to top Go down
Blainwolfe
Commoner
Blainwolfe

Oh Dear... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh Dear...   Oh Dear... EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 3:13 am

too many people have complained about the overpower of monks, and casters (not really divines so much other than fvs... clerics are just fine imo). I suppose with the rework of the whole system they saw it as the perfect chance to rebalance things, although I think it will just make things worse for everyone. I play melee too and I don't mind casters being the way they are now.
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet

Oh Dear... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh Dear...   Oh Dear... EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 3:27 am

Actually, I rarely see anyone complaining about casters being overpowered on the forums.

What I do see are other classes referencing casters as a powerful class and then asking for some love for their own class. But that isn't complaining about casters.

I rarely see anyone saying casters should be nerfed. That sentence seems to come up only when casters are posting claims that others are calling for them to be nerfed.

And if you say something often enough, people believe its true and that a load of folk are actually complaining about casters being overpowered.

But honestly, I rarely see any posts like that.

Unless of course casters are interpreting others asking for some attention for their own class as a complaint against casters. Which is kinda warped.
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

Oh Dear... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh Dear...   Oh Dear... EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 4:53 am

i've heard only a few people complain about casters being OP, like axer and very few others. it kind of boggles my mind because honestly i think casters and divines are just right, while melee could use some extra crowd control and self sufficiency.

tbh i dont know what people see in a guy like axer, and why the devs give him so much attention.
Back to top Go down
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet
DDO character: Paladin
RK Profession: Weaver

Oh Dear... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh Dear...   Oh Dear... EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 6:04 am

it's all about DPS. DPS is the main thing in the game and if there is no DPS then the mobs won't die. Therefore, you have have to have great DPS otherwise the mobs' DPS will get you before you get them.

Did I mention DPS?
Back to top Go down
Dee_Snider
Knight
Dee_Snider

Character sheet
DDO character: Wizard

Oh Dear... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh Dear...   Oh Dear... EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 10:43 am

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet

Oh Dear... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh Dear...   Oh Dear... EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 9:24 am

anto_capone wrote:
i've heard only a few people complain about casters being OP, like axer and very few others. it kind of boggles my mind because honestly i think casters and divines are just right, while melee could use some extra crowd control and self sufficiency.

tbh i dont know what people see in a guy like axer, and why the devs give him so much attention.

Meh, I dunno. I'm kinda fine with melees not having more crowd control and self_sufficiency. I'm not a fan of every class being able to fulfil multiple roles. I still like the notion of having roles that complement each other and partying to support each other. I know this isn't for all and that many prefer to play DDO as a solo game, or six soloists in a party type thing. But that isn't what attracted me to the game initially when I first started to check it out.

I think I'd rather see a situation where those who choose to go pure build get to excel at whatever it is that makes that class special. And if a player chooses to multi-class, so that they can do a bit of everything, for that compromise to mean something too. Right now, melees can be more self sufficient if they splash, so the option is there, or do the helf thing or whatever. But they should then take a hit to their key skills as a melee.

I'd also like to see players thinking more about how they can work as a team, rather than trying to solo the quest while in a party - unless of course the LFM states it is a zerg etc.

And for ppl to stop saying how if you're not self-sufficient you should gtfo. I mean, I read ppl posting about having someone to heal the barb is a waste of a party slot. But is it? If that barbarian can do fantastic damage and is supported by a cleric ... isn't that just the same as having two mediocre melees who compromised their dps by splashing? I honestly don't know why those who think everyone should be self-sufficient don't just stick to their own BYOH pugs and stop telling those who enjoy groups where you have complementary classes how to play.

I mean, I really am starting to second think that helf ftr/rog build for Zillee. Do I really want to be able to easily heal myself? Do I really need evasion? I've managed two lifes without that so far. Sure it'll make soloing a breeze. I won't have to wait for groups. But I'm so sick of soloing already. I want to group up - and not with 5 others who are basically soloing the quest with little thought to the rest of the party.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Oh Dear... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh Dear...   Oh Dear... Empty

Back to top Go down

Oh Dear...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next