4 posters
AuthorMessage
Alyphia
Serf

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger
RK Profession: Carpenter

Menace of the Dark Quest Tips Empty
PostSubject: Menace of the Dark Quest Tips   Menace of the Dark Quest Tips EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 7:45 am

Don't Drink The Water

Ran 'Don't Drink the Water' last night for the first time. Mowed right thru it on normal until the end boss who ended up being a CR27 green dragon. Promptly got our asses handed to us in a paper bag after finding ourselves in a pit with no place to get away for regrouping and/or healing. And of course no shrine.

We are using our 2 lvl 22 dwarf fighters with hireling cleric (lvl 20 since higher don't seem to have resurrect) and a hireling favored soul as another healer (again lvl 20). She (dragon, I call them all she) promptly killed the hirelings and pots just don't heal enough fast enough vs. the damage she does per hit.

Anyone have any tips on beating the gorgeous green dragon?

P.S. Think I am going to regret not getting Dragons as a favored enemy on my Elf Ranger this life. Seems to be more dragons in the new pack.
Back to top Go down
Bellz
Knight
Bellz

Location : in a galexy far far away or Khyber... or stuck at work dreaming of Hawaii

Character sheet
DDO character: Cleric
RK Profession: Baker

PostSubject: Re: Menace of the Dark Quest Tips   Menace of the Dark Quest Tips EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 12:03 pm

There should be epic level hirelings with res....I know the 23fs has it...will have to look.

The trick to killing her easily is have a blue bar. There's a spot to stand at the back of the room, and she can't reach it. If you have someone dotting her up, she usually ignores more people pounding on her. The stacking acid is what will get you, there's nothing really that can help that.

I'd offer to take Cari in with you..but don't know if there would be an xp hit since she's 25. I only need 16 more green scales Razz

And there are 4 dragons in the new pack, 3 are rares tho....I've seen 2 other then the one in don't drink the water
Back to top Go down
Alyphia
Serf

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger
RK Profession: Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: Menace of the Dark Quest Tips   Menace of the Dark Quest Tips EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 2:18 pm

Thank you Bellz. Smile

I will have to look for the spot. Sadly we have no blue bar so dotting her is not possible. We could put up a LFM but having only ran it once not sure we would make proper leaders.

We did mow thru everything really easy on normal. We could run a few more times on hard to get it down more and maybe find that sweet spot for healing or putting a hireling cleric.

We don't die much but the resurrection is needed for the clerics to rez each other. lol..we always bust up laughing when we turn around and the hireling clerics are having a healing love fest with each other. Then again Omega just got the pack and he likes to run everything on elite. I am sure my dieing rate will sky rocket after he gets to lvl 20 and he starts running them.

Kings Forest
In the kings forest we've met two dragon rares. One we have beaten and the other we got her to only 1/4 life left when she got us. We have been trying to fight her again but everytime we see the NPC guy to talk to get inside he will not speak with us. Thats happened a couple of times. Not sure what is up with that. scratch

We've encountered 2-3 rares that we see a chest, NPC's and the encounter shows up on our 'to do list' but they will not speak with us. The last one that happened was a campfire with (from what I understand) werewolves. It was daylight so I am guessing because it's not night time with a full moon? We hung around for a bit but finally headed on to the next encounter. It seems like when they hit...you get one at every corner.
Back to top Go down
refutor
Commoner
refutor

Character sheet
RK Profession: None

PostSubject: Re: Menace of the Dark Quest Tips   Menace of the Dark Quest Tips EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 12:33 pm

Bellz wrote:

I only need 16 more green scales Razz

have you had any luck with green scales since then (August). i haven't farmed very much but am not even close to 20
Back to top Go down
Bellz
Knight
Bellz

Location : in a galexy far far away or Khyber... or stuck at work dreaming of Hawaii

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Menace of the Dark Quest Tips   Menace of the Dark Quest Tips EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 1:20 pm

I have 10....

I have ran it on elite with a full group and no one got any
Hard: 1 in 4 runs gets a scale
Normal: about 1 in 4 too, but I had 4 runs that got 4 scales in a row
Back to top Go down
Dee_Snider
Knight
Dee_Snider

Character sheet
DDO character: Wizard
RK Profession: Blacksmith

PostSubject: Re: Menace of the Dark Quest Tips   Menace of the Dark Quest Tips EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 5:17 pm

Run with a group of nukers - Green Dragon BBQ - nom nom nom.
Back to top Go down
Bellz
Knight
Bellz

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Menace of the Dark Quest Tips   Menace of the Dark Quest Tips EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 10:06 pm

hehe I love that dragon...did you get any scales?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Menace of the Dark Quest Tips   Menace of the Dark Quest Tips Empty

Back to top Go down

Menace of the Dark Quest Tips
Page 1 of 1