AuthorMessage
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger
RK Profession: Blacksmith

Next open game planning Empty
PostSubject: Next open game planning   Next open game planning EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 11:42 pm

What say we all try to start near each other? I was thinking Ireland but am open to other suggestions as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nngo.biz
Lance
Knight
Lance

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Whiskey Distiller

PostSubject: Re: Next open game planning   Next open game planning EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 1:33 am

Wasn't able to get in the last round (or didn't try as it seemed very tight). And unlike DDO, my crappy computer can handle these graphics Razz.  I have a span of free time the next 6-8 months and reading all the info about this game, I'm interested in diving in. No idea about the maps, but in wherever everyone else decides to go.
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Next open game planning   Next open game planning EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 3:46 am

Yea definitely.

Depending on how many people we have, Ireland might be too small. I was trying to count the cities there, and it seem there was around 25. Considering I am about to have 7 myself, we might not want to all move to Ireland but we should try to stay relatively close.

If we do all move to Ireland, or wherever, it would be fine as well; because we can all ally each other and expand outward from there- taking over Scotland and England.

Ireland and/or Scotland would seem most strategic of placements, but honestly I have no idea the scope of the map. England seems in a bad spot with so many roads in and out, so I don't think that would be the best idea to go there.

Even if we wind up all starting right next to each other, it wouldn't be bad at all, because we'd be able to easily defend each other. We would just have to make alliances so that we can expand outwards. Smile
Back to top Go down
Roby Lambourne
Citizen
Roby Lambourne

PostSubject: Re: Next open game planning   Next open game planning EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 6:27 am

I am up for this, but I am not sure how we will do it at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Sullihan
Commoner

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Next open game planning   Next open game planning EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 10:35 am

I was thinking just that about Ireland Anto, it's great that it's isolated for an easy start but once you start expanding there's no room for friends Laughing
Back to top Go down
James
Squire

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: Next open game planning   Next open game planning EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 2:01 pm

Its true, we could maybe even do scotland and ireland depending on how many of us there are. Secure both of them before we move on to england.
Back to top Go down
Bekah
Noble
Bekah

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Next open game planning   Next open game planning EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 2:58 pm

I think we have enough of us to eventually take over all of England/Scotland/Wales, so we shouldn't limit ourselves to Ireland Very Happy
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Next open game planning   Next open game planning EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 1:56 am

yea but the thing is if we are too far away from each other its useless. fran and i are both in spain, but on opposite sides and cant help each other at all.

if we are all allies, we can then march thru each others lands and keep supply lines for our troops open by simply being allied territory. as long as we're allies, we can't block each other in because we'd be allowed to march right through.

looking at the map:

12 cities in munster
12 cities in chonnacht
total 24 in ireland

12 cities in highlands
13 cities in lowlands
total 25 in scotland

14 cities in wales

and then england to expand first to. we can also consider sicily, or somewhere else as well. i guess a lot depends on how many of us show up and what is available. there won't be much time for debate before all those cities are taken. i think if 6 of us are playing it would be a stretch to even think we'd all get the choice of starting in ireland, but it would make taking over ireland very much easier for sure- and consequentially taking over everywhere else.
Back to top Go down
Roby Lambourne
Citizen
Roby Lambourne

PostSubject: Re: Next open game planning   Next open game planning EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 11:40 am

Quote :
yea but the thing is if we are too far away from each other its useless. fran and i are both in spain, but on opposite sides and cant help each other at all.

My cities aren't even in the same country. Your problem is mute. Razz Not being able to scroll out on the map is my biggest annoyance at the moment, but I am hopeful that it is something to be altered when they work on the game more.

I am very hopeful that we can all be established in a close area, so long as people don't mind me flying pick socks above my city/ies.

Back to top Go down
Sullihan
Commoner

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Next open game planning   Next open game planning EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 12:03 pm

Do the titles mean anything? I'm not sure how the whole obtaining the titles works but if we are too squished being unable to obtain nearby towns it may keep us from getting those titles. I believe it has something to do with the number of vassals you have though, my liege transferred my vassalage to another vassal of his to give her a title.
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Next open game planning   Next open game planning EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 12:16 pm

Titles give prestige, which as far as I know only affects ranking. It might affect casus belli though, not sure. One thing I know little about.

They aren't a big deal though, and we would be able to work it out that we'd each at least be Counts. Only enough Dukedoms though (4 in all Scotland and Ireland). Right now, I only have 1 viscount with 6 cities so it doesn't really affect anything as far as I know yet.
Back to top Go down
Sullihan
Commoner

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Next open game planning   Next open game planning EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 12:28 pm

http://www.marchofhistory.com/wiki/index.php?title=Titres

It's in French though so have to translate.

Also confirmed how to make marriage alliances on their wiki if someone has family to marry off:

"To form an alliance by marriage, the husband must be close relatives of the head of household, ie brothers, sisters or children. But this alliance is extinguished at the death of one of the heads of households signatories."
Back to top Go down
James
Squire

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Next open game planning   Next open game planning EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 5:45 pm

Brother and sisters do not work, has to be the head, the heir, or a parent or child of the head.
Back to top Go down
DonJaime
Serf
DonJaime

PostSubject: Re: Next open game planning   Next open game planning EmptyThu Sep 11, 2014 6:10 am

Just letting you know that you can ONLY play in one game at a time, with one account. So we'd have to leave the 750/500 to join another game, and that's a lot to give up.
Back to top Go down
Grigori
Commoner

PostSubject: Re: Next open game planning   Next open game planning EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 12:03 pm

New 850 game just opened. I took the family de Bangor in Northern Ireland. Wexford and Sligeachcheach (somewhere in Connie) are still open, plus some Scottish and English ones.
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Next open game planning   Next open game planning EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 12:18 pm

crap, well can only join 1 game at a time it seem. i'll join that one once i get myself killed in this one i guess. ^^
Back to top Go down
James
Squire

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Next open game planning   Next open game planning EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 12:48 pm

I am in the new game as Winchester, England.
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Next open game planning   Next open game planning EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 12:56 pm

you got in both games?
Back to top Go down
James
Squire

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Next open game planning   Next open game planning EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 12:59 pm

No, I got wiped out on the 1st one. I only had 3 family members left all 60+, so I was gone soon anyways.

Quote :
2014-09-16 18:34:17 Oxford (illusia) : I introduce myself. Illusia, Viscount of Gloucester and propably the next King of England

Chatting with this guy, seems a bit cocky, but doesn't mean we can't work together.
Back to top Go down
Adik
Commoner

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: None

PostSubject: Re: Next open game planning   Next open game planning EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 1:05 pm

LOL I dealt with Illusia on the first server, lot of hot air if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
James
Squire

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Next open game planning   Next open game planning EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 1:16 pm

apparently players on the 500 server are all given a subcription so they can play on the new server as well. Also 750 is going to be open for another month.
Back to top Go down
James
Squire

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Next open game planning   Next open game planning EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 1:21 pm

174/849

We need 700 players before the game actually starts.
Back to top Go down
Sullihan
Commoner

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Next open game planning   Next open game planning EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 3:29 pm

Grigori wrote:
New 850 game just opened. I took the family de Bangor in Northern Ireland. Wexford and Sligeachcheach (somewhere in Connie) are still open, plus some Scottish and English ones.

We could definitely work together. I'm Douglas, on the big island between Ireland and England Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bekah
Noble
Bekah

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Next open game planning   Next open game planning EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 3:33 pm

Well since the new one has opened up I can't access my game at all Sad
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Next open game planning   Next open game planning EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 3:57 pm

Bekah wrote:
Well since the new one has opened up I can't access my game at all Sad

might have to clear cookies
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next open game planning   Next open game planning Empty

Back to top Go down

Next open game planning
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next