AuthorMessage
Dee_Snider
Knight
Dee_Snider

Character sheet
DDO character: Wizard
RK Profession: Blacksmith

TR (True Reincarnation) Empty
PostSubject: TR (True Reincarnation)   TR (True Reincarnation) EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 7:50 am

Well, finally got up to courage to true reincarnate (TR) Deesnider.

It was surprisingly simple to do - just take the True Heart of Wood to the trainer in House J, and you're on your way.

You start back in Korthos at level 1 even if you have Vet status (no exceptions).

Any paid for bank slots and the shared account are retained but all earned backpack and bank slots are gone, along with all your favor and any tomes you had eaten.

Everything from your former inventory and bank account goes in a separate Reincarnation cache (like a 2nd shared bank account) that you can access when you go to the bank (withdraw only).

Planning to shift Rhankor's Chrono gear to Dee when he gets to level 5. That way I don't have to buy twink gear and worry about it wearing out because the Chrono loot is BTA and doesn't take permanent damage. It's a good set and will serve from level 5 - 11 no problem. Wink

So far, so good... will keep you posted! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet
DDO character: Paladin
RK Profession: Weaver

PostSubject: Re: TR (True Reincarnation)   TR (True Reincarnation) EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 8:03 am

There's a TR channel on Khyber, which I joined a while back. Look on the forums for info or send a PM to Nexx in game. There are lots of people running together, trying to help each other power-level. Double the XP? I can't even imagine it right now....
Back to top Go down
Tod_Whitesnow
Squire
Tod_Whitesnow

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: TR (True Reincarnation)   TR (True Reincarnation) EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 8:06 am

Well done Dee

I can give you the low down on Lesser Hearts.
Your Aligment will not change
Your Race will not change
Your Name will not change

Its a very tricky process, I have learnt through trial and error mostly error.

They are rated from a normal heart and then 1-3.

If you are one single class it is easy. But you cannot modify you ability scores around other than by picking one of the classes Sub packs.

You pick a new class when you speak to the Girl on the ship you stay on that path. You you select. I want to go my own way you will end up with some of your Old class.

If you get a heart 1-3 you can add or change your class 1-3 times.

Say you had a Monk Level 9 and you wanted to make him a wizard and you had a Heart +1. you get one level of Wizard and 8 of Monk. Fail

So if want to change a whole class the Level of the char best be Level 3 or less.

Hope this helps some one so you dont have the heart ache I did.

Tod
Back to top Go down
Dee_Snider
Knight
Dee_Snider

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: TR (True Reincarnation)   TR (True Reincarnation) EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 3:34 pm

Thanks for the information and for the support guys! Please feel free to use this thread to discuss all things regarding reincarnation. Wink

In addition to TRing, I've also greater and lesser reincarnated Dee (GR to convert from a 28-point to a 32-point build and LR +1 to remove a rogue level), so I feel your pain. Laughing Dee was my first toon and it's always a learning experience building a new one, regardless of how many toons you already have. I unlocked the 32-point build via 1750 favor (so no more GR) and really try to go with proven builds (i.e. builds posted on the forum) as the framework when I roll a new toon so I don't have to LR anymore, as it is expensive.

The 5% extra healing amp (pally passive TR feat) and 2 extra build points is about all the benefit that Dee received from his first TR (going from a 32-point to a 34-point build). Was able to fit in an extra charisma point and an extra wisdom point (allowing me to use a +1 wisdom tome instead of a +2, which is not a really great benefit, but I'll take it). If I would have had 1 more build point, I could have had an extra strength point instead of wisdom (that's for the next TR). I refused to gimp my constitution (the only stat I could draw points from) to have the extra point to use for strength (+1 STR for 2 build points) while I was still getting a +1 CON stat increase for just 1 build point (a great deal, btw). As the old saying goes, constitution is not a dump stat (especially for melees). Laughing

The big problem with TRing Dee is that pallys (especially TWFs) have such a tight feat progression is that there is simply no room for an active (selectable) TR feat - therefore I just kept him a pally for his first TR (34-point build). As you know, there are two feats available when you TR. The passive feat is simply added on to your feats (does not use an existing feat slot), but the active feat must be selected (and uses a feat slot). There's no sense in becoming a 34-point fighter (which has an awesome active past life feat) if I can't use that active feat during my second TR back to a pally (36-point build), so Dee will remain a pally.

That said, the 5% healing amp is pretty nice and can be stacked 3 times to 15%. Plus I already have all the high-end raid gear that is bound to character (and spec'd for a pally), so TRing into something else would require having to track down some new gear. If I do wind up TRing him again to a 36-point pally, I'll have yet 2 more build points, which would perfect him in the stat department and match him with the much over-touted drow pure pally build (he's actually better already, imo because he uses khopeshes, and not rapiers, like drow do).

My goal for this TR (34-point) is to get at least one +4 tome in STR or CHR before considering TRing Dee again (to a 36-point). +4 tomes are much, much harder to come by (I've only seen 3 drop in over a year's worth of playing). I may be waiting a long time - even longer that I did for this TR (only pulling +3 tomes, which still took quite a while).

Dee was collecting dust, so I figured it was time to TR him. Should dovetail pretty well using Rhankor's hand-me-downs until I can start using my raid gear - I'll keep you posted on the progress. Wink

Last edited by Dee_Snider on Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: TR (True Reincarnation)   TR (True Reincarnation) EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 4:47 pm

I found an awesome WF Paladin build on the forum but I'm afraid I may not be able to follow it on Gilders as he's a TWF build Sad
Back to top Go down
Dee_Snider
Knight
Dee_Snider

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: TR (True Reincarnation)   TR (True Reincarnation) EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 4:54 pm

There's a lot of excellent pure pally and pally-hybrid builds on the forums. Pallys are awesome.

However, as they are quite complicated to build, there are many out there (probably over 80%) that really suck. Laughing

I always recommend reading Junt's excellent guide to paladins (like Deesnider and Gilders did) before you considering rolling one.

Here's the link:
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=218542
Back to top Go down
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: TR (True Reincarnation)   TR (True Reincarnation) EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 5:05 pm

I'd recommend avoiding the splash ones though because the capstone is just too good not to have Smile
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger

PostSubject: Re: TR (True Reincarnation)   TR (True Reincarnation) EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 5:13 pm

Dee, really proud bro, congrats so much Smile

I am uber jealous lol

You are the first NNGO guild member to get your 'wings' Smile

i should be there soon as i get my 40th shroud, i wont even wait for my titan belt. i'd really like my tod ring, but wont wait for that either!

10 more shroud completions and ill be there too!
Back to top Go down
http://www.nngo.biz
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: TR (True Reincarnation)   TR (True Reincarnation) EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 5:17 pm

Btw, TR experience is 5% cumulative extra XP needed.

check the link, hit the tabs for XP needed for TR1 and/or TR2

the difference is, mainly at level 20

first life you need 1,900,000 to get to 20

second life you need 3,139,250 to get to 20

third life you need 4,378,500 to get to 20

http://www.ddoer.com/guide/xp

sounds like its gonna be a lot of fun Smile
Back to top Go down
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: TR (True Reincarnation)   TR (True Reincarnation) EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 8:52 am

Btw Dee, this is the WF Paladin that I've been getting all excited about Smile

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=219888

The best thing is that he's a THF, not a TWF so I was wrong and I can roll Gilders into this toon ^^
Back to top Go down
Dee_Snider
Knight
Dee_Snider

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: TR (True Reincarnation)   TR (True Reincarnation) EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 5:04 pm

Looks pretty cool - should have fun with that.
Back to top Go down
ArcaneJill
Admin
ArcaneJill

Character sheet
DDO character: Cleric
RK Profession: None

PostSubject: Re: TR (True Reincarnation)   TR (True Reincarnation) EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 8:13 pm

Quick question on the reincarnation cache gathered from some things I read on the DDO forum..

Can you access anything in the cache all at once or is it a page-by-page thing (i.e. you have to clear out the first X items before you can get to the next items)?
Back to top Go down
Dee_Snider
Knight
Dee_Snider

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: TR (True Reincarnation)   TR (True Reincarnation) EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 8:21 pm

TR cache is one page - everything is accessible - no order to withdraw items.

Looks exactly like the guild chest screen but you can only withdraw items, not put items back in.

Btw, starting to feel the burn on the XP grind even with the 10% bonus.

May have to invest in some XP pots sometime ahead. Thankfully I can equip my VOM at level 5.
Back to top Go down
Bellz
Knight
Bellz

Location : in a galexy far far away or Khyber... or stuck at work dreaming of Hawaii

Character sheet
RK Profession: Baker

PostSubject: Re: TR (True Reincarnation)   TR (True Reincarnation) EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 9:12 pm

I'll be doing this likely next month, or the end of this one. Auro could have done it whenever, but with that xp grind I figured it was best to do it with people I run with... easier to do it in a group

GL Dee and if you want, I have a lvl 4 FS gathering dust.. I can always grab her and sorta heal you Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dee_Snider
Knight
Dee_Snider

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: TR (True Reincarnation)   TR (True Reincarnation) EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 2:15 am

Here's what the bank looks like to me (bank, shared bank, reincarnation cache).

TR (True Reincarnation) TR_Cache
Back to top Go down
ArcaneJill
Admin
ArcaneJill

Character sheet
RK Profession: None

PostSubject: Re: TR (True Reincarnation)   TR (True Reincarnation) EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 4:26 pm

Another question... do you start off naked or with starter equipment?
Back to top Go down
Tod_Whitesnow
Squire
Tod_Whitesnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: TR (True Reincarnation)   TR (True Reincarnation) EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 5:36 pm

Naked
Back to top Go down
Dee_Snider
Knight
Dee_Snider

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: TR (True Reincarnation)   TR (True Reincarnation) EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 9:46 pm

ArcaneJill wrote:
Another question... do you start off naked or with starter equipment?

You are reincarnated naked. cheers

However, you are immediately asked if you want to skip the Korthos experience (the first training quest that teaches you how to move, pick things up, etc.). You can choose to run the training quest or skip it - your choice. Either way, you are soon granted a couple crappy starter weapons, rusted armor, and a pretty much useless ring. Laughing

I skipped the Korthos experience and just took the gear.

To get the rest of your gear, you then of course have to do all the Korthos quests. Once completed, you sail to Stormreach fully outfitted in your uber Korthos gear ready to tell everyone in the Harbor how awesome you are and how much you know about DDO in general chat.

Dee had to do Korthos from level 1 twice now (all my other toons started at level 4 via vet status) - he deserves a special n00b award or something. Laughing

Back to top Go down
Dee_Snider
Knight
Dee_Snider

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: TR (True Reincarnation)   TR (True Reincarnation) EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 8:28 pm

http://www.ddo.com/turbinetuesdays

50% off True Reincarnation - Tuesday February 15th
Back to top Go down
Dee_Snider
Knight
Dee_Snider

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: TR (True Reincarnation)   TR (True Reincarnation) EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 6:23 pm

Well Dee hit level 5 and now has the Abishai set equipped.

Zerged a bunch of harbor quests last night and it built up the XP pretty quick.

Ran with a TR2 and asked him about banking levels as a TR1.

He said bank as much as possible until about level 9, then you have plenty of quests to run. If you have a piece of equipment you really want to wear, then you can go ahead and level up, no biggie as a TR1.

However, as a TR2, he said he banked every level because the XP curve is so steep.
Back to top Go down
Dee_Snider
Knight
Dee_Snider

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: TR (True Reincarnation)   TR (True Reincarnation) EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 4:22 pm

Looks like we have another TR in the guild! Wink

Grats Bella!
Back to top Go down
Bellz
Knight
Bellz

Location : in a galexy far far away or Khyber... or stuck at work dreaming of Hawaii

Character sheet
RK Profession: Baker

PostSubject: Re: TR (True Reincarnation)   TR (True Reincarnation) EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 4:44 pm

awwa thanks hun =)
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: TR (True Reincarnation)   TR (True Reincarnation) EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 4:45 pm

fuuuck...

i mean congrats bella!

only a few more shrouds for me... Razz
Back to top Go down
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: TR (True Reincarnation)   TR (True Reincarnation) EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 5:07 pm

I only need 1 more large stone and 1 large shrap to have everything already crafted, although, I'd kind of like to have the Sword of Shadows before I TR too. I'm not sure if it can drop as a reward for the 20th run, but I have 12 completions on VoN so far and might wait for my 20th... decisions, decisions :s
Back to top Go down
Tod_Whitesnow
Squire
Tod_Whitesnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: TR (True Reincarnation)   TR (True Reincarnation) EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 11:15 pm

Well done Bells
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TR (True Reincarnation)   TR (True Reincarnation) Empty

Back to top Go down

TR (True Reincarnation)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All your Nachos are belong to us! :: DDO :: All Things DDO-
Jump to: