AuthorMessage
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet
DDO character: Fighter
RK Profession: None

What Greensteel Items Do You Have? Empty
PostSubject: What Greensteel Items Do You Have?   What Greensteel Items Do You Have? EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 4:28 am

So I'm all excited about starting Vale of Twilight. Did the Explorers with Dee and then ran three of the flagging quests with Zog and Jaayse, and am really enjoying this adventure pack. I'm starting to browse through the guides linked here to crafting and reading about it on the ddo wiki. All very interesting.

If you have a greensteel item, it would be smashing if you would post what they are here. I'm looking for inspiration! Cheers =)
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger
RK Profession: Blacksmith

PostSubject: Re: What Greensteel Items Do You Have?   What Greensteel Items Do You Have? EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 4:54 am

On my ranger I have:

smoke cloak tier 2 (will be smoke 2) working on this
crushing wave guard gloves tier 2 working on this
concordant opposition bracers - completed

2 lightning strike (will be lit 2) khopeshes tier 2 working on these
1 lightning strike (will be lit 2) heavy pick tier 2 side project for next life epics
1 mineral (will be min 2)heavy pick tier 2 side project for next life epics
1 lightning strike (lit 2) longbow - completed

For a grand total of:

38 Large Devil Scales
32 Large Stones
35 Large Shrapnel
30 Large Arrowheads
26 Large Bones
19 Large Chains

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.nngo.biz
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What Greensteel Items Do You Have?   What Greensteel Items Do You Have? EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 5:08 am

Some examples to see:
(remember, these can all be customized differently!)

Min 2 WEAPON:
What Greensteel Items Do You Have? Weapon3-MDP-MDE-EO(PE)

Min 2 ACCESSORY:
What Greensteel Items Do You Have? Accessory3-MEE-EEP-EE(PE)

Concordant Opp ACCESSORY:
What Greensteel Items Do You Have? Accessory3-MON-EEP-EE(NP)

Lit 2 WEAPON:
What Greensteel Items Do You Have? Weapon3-MDP-MDA-MD(PA)

Triple positive WEAPON:
What Greensteel Items Do You Have? Weapon3-EEP-EEP-EEP

More examples can be found here, but not all of them:
http://ddocrafting.com/crafting_examples.html

Happy crafting! Smile
Back to top Go down
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet
DDO character: Paladin
RK Profession: Weaver

PostSubject: Re: What Greensteel Items Do You Have?   What Greensteel Items Do You Have? EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 8:22 am

I'll just explain what I have because it might make things easier to follow.

Gilders is a Paladin, so I am lucky in that I didn't have to worry so much about Greensteel at first, because I have a spell that allows me to make a holy sword for little over 1K Plat and it's one of the best boss beaters in the game (it breaks the DR of all the big bosses - Harry, Sulu and Horoth). However, when I started doing epics, I noticed that it didn't quite do as much damage as I wanted against mobs, etc and so I decided to craft a Lit II (lighting II) Greataxe.

Then I started worrying about only having 450 HP so I decided to craft a HP necklace, which gave me +10HP (tier 1), +15HP (tier 2) and will give me +25HP once I get tier 3 finished. I also added +6 wisdom, with +10 to haggle and diplomacy so that it could also help me to cast the few spells that I need.

In my search to get even more HP, I decided to craft another weapon, but knowing that I'd have to use it in order to benefit from it, it really had to be Min II (Mineral II) so that it will be able to break the DR on the big bosses. Therefore, I put acid on the first tier, +20% Healing Amp on the second (means I get healed better) and will eventually put +2 Exceptional Constitution on the final tier for more HP. The added bonus is that it also has 2 stoneskin clickies that last for 16 minutes each Smile

Your MoPG Greataxe will serve you well at first as it breaks DR, but I'd highly recommend making a Min II item first of all so that you can really dish the damage to end bosses. These can take a long time to make as they require a large splintered horn for the blank and 5 Large Devil Scales, along with quite a few other large mats, but it'll be worth it in the long run Smile As for HP items; a basic one only requires a few large mats (2 large devils I think) So there's less of a grind and they can be crafted much more quickly (and by that point, you should have lots of small and medium mats anyway).

Large materials can drop in Amrath quests as well as in Elite Devil's Assault - knowing this can speed up the process instead of just doing Shroud repeatedly until you get what you need.
Back to top Go down
Dee_Snider
Knight
Dee_Snider

Character sheet
DDO character: Wizard

PostSubject: Re: What Greensteel Items Do You Have?   What Greensteel Items Do You Have? EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 5:01 pm

Using the Montreal Green Steel Planner, here's a list of items & weapons that I have completed:

ITEMS:

45 HP Cloak

45 HP Concordant Opposition Cloak

300 SP Concordant Opposition Goggles (FVS and Sorcerers get 600 SP - double)

WEAPONS:

Lightning 2 Falchion

Lightning 2 Khopesh

Mineral 2 Greataxe

Mineral 2 Khopesh (+4 AC)

Triple Positive Khopesh (+30% healing amp)

Here's a couple in-game screenshot samples of my Green Steel items and weapons, FYI:

What Greensteel Items Do You Have? Supreme_Tyrant_Concordant_Opposition_Green_Steel_Goggles

What Greensteel Items Do You Have? Lightning_2_Falchion

If you would like to see screenshots of any of my other items or weapons not shown above, just let me know.

BTW, the "2" in Lightning 2 or Mineral 2 refers to the two supreme shards you need to use to craft them. Wink
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What Greensteel Items Do You Have?   What Greensteel Items Do You Have? EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 5:54 pm

Thanks for the examples! Been mulling over the options and reading up on it all. Looking forward to getting started when I eventually decide on what I need and begin to gather ingredients Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tod_Whitesnow
Squire
Tod_Whitesnow

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: What Greensteel Items Do You Have?   What Greensteel Items Do You Have? EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 4:53 pm

Ok I have no real idea how GS works but I have done half the quests in the Vale.

What items are good for monks.

I know there are 2 rings somewhere.

I have +6/7 Str new Gloves from Pirate Event and the +6 Dex ring.
I have a hat that gives +5 Natural AC bonus.

I am a light Shinto Monk so I am able to bypass the following at Level 16
Magic, lawful. Adamantine, byeshk, cold iron and at Level 18 I also get silver.

My AC with the Ship buff is 54 but with the Level 16 I think its the same without them.

I am using at the moment my Vampire wraps as I dont have to think allot about healing.

I tend to hit allot but not do a huge amount of damge.

Thanks Tod
Back to top Go down
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What Greensteel Items Do You Have?   What Greensteel Items Do You Have? EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 5:07 pm

Well Harry (shroud boss) is Good and silver (as are most raid bosses), so you should be able to break his DR by level 18. You can make an item to fit in any slot you want and put stuff on it.

You might want to make an HP item, or one with resists. By the sounds of things, you won't need to make any weapons, although I've known monks to make GS Kukri and even shuriken!
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What Greensteel Items Do You Have?   What Greensteel Items Do You Have? EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 7:56 pm

i still dont know how anyone uses that montreal planner crap. whenever someone links their items from there i cant even tell what you are trying to link lol

tod, monks usually dont make GS weapons. you will want a HP item tho. if you look at the perfect web you can use the drop down boxes and see what choices you have and customize it to your needs. some combinations give bonus effects.

For example, a min 2 will give you a stoneskin clicky (2 per rest, 150 damage, 15 mins each cast), heavy fort and +5 protection. here is an example of goggles, but you can use any slot for green steel except rings:
http://www.perfectweb.org/ddo/crafting/base_crafting.php?base=15&tier1=56&tier2=132&tier3=164&tier4=168&bonus1=11&bonus2=59&altC=0

As an AC build, the guards might not be what you are looking for, but i wouldnt write them off yet. I think the first time you fight harry you will realize that your AC is not going to be very effective. Harry's BAB is estimated to be around 50 or so, so if your AC is 54, that means Harry will hit you on a 4 or higher, or 80% of the time. Some have estimated his BAB to be higher, but no one knows exactly for sure. People say 70-75 AC is an effective number against him.

my AC is only about 45 or so buffed, so harry hits me on every roll except a 1 which is automatic miss. My guards work great against him (and everything else).

My uber end game build will one day wear 4 green steel items, each one will have a guard on it. I'll then have:

Concordant opposition: On-being-hit chance, gain 30 temporary hit points or restore 22-32 spell points, 4% chance on each
Corrosive salt guard: On-being-hit chance, hit opponent with Corrosive Salt, 4 ticks of 77~100 dehydration damage
Disintegration guard: On-being-hit 2% chance, around 490 damage reported
Lightning guard: On-being-hit chance, 580-650 electricity damage
Crushing wave guard: On-being-hit 2% chance, 3~4 ticks of 30-40 cold + 30-40 bludgeon damage
Nightmare guard: 5 to 40 force damage, Will vs. Enchantments negates; It may also expose your foes to their greatest fears, acting as a Phantasmal Killer spell.

As for what you will want as a monk, you will want 2 ToD rings. these rings will make you uber:

Shintao Monk (Mnk)

* Shintao Cord - Necklace: Constitution +6, Concentration +15 [A New Invasion]
* Kyosho's Ring - Ring: Wisdom +6, Exceptional Strength +1, Incredible Potential
o Set Bonus: +2 Exceptional Bonus to To-Hit and Damage. If you have the Shintao Monk 3 Enhancement, your unarmed attacks bypass Good and Evil damage reduction.

Henshin Mystic (Mnk)

* Oremi's Necklace - Necklace: Constitution +6, Ki On Hit +1 [Bastion of Power]
* Oremi's Ring - Ring: Wisdom +6, Exceptional Constitution +1, Incredible Potential
o Set Bonus: 1d6 Fire Damage per Attack

Ninja Spy (Mnk)

* Nyoko's Necklace - Necklace: Invisibility (CL:15, 3/3), Constitution +6 [Genesis Point]
* Nyoko's Band - Ring: Wisdom +6, Exceptional Dexterity +1, Incredible Potential
o Set Bonus: bonus to hit (+2 exceptional bonus to hit) and damage with sneak attacks (+5 damage from attacks considered sneak attacks[nonstacking]), 20% less threat

Basic sum up:
Frenzied Berserker Set (+2 to damage)
War priest Set (+2 to hit)
Shintao Set (+2 to hit and damage that stacks)
Oremi's Set (Henshin Mystic)(1d6 Fire Damage an attack)

The key element to your rings is the incredible potential:
http://ddowiki.com/page/Incredible_Potential

You can take 2 ToD rings, and add bursts to them. For example, slot one ring with shocking burst and the other with holy burst. Use force burst handwraps with an icy burst recipe on them and you then have 4 bursts all at once.

ToD rings are a bitch to get tho.

Back to top Go down
Tod_Whitesnow
Squire
Tod_Whitesnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: What Greensteel Items Do You Have?   What Greensteel Items Do You Have? EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 8:32 pm

Thanks Anto.

I was looking at a GS Googles and maybe a cloak and bracers

I plan to Get DT robe as well to fit it out.

So I plan to be farming hard for those rings in a few levels.

I am unsure of how the higher AC stuff stacks but I am sure I will be able to get over 60 without allot of trouble

Thanks Tod
Back to top Go down
Dee_Snider
Knight
Dee_Snider

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What Greensteel Items Do You Have?   What Greensteel Items Do You Have? EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 9:15 pm

Perfect web - lol

Montreal - ftw
Back to top Go down
Tod_Whitesnow
Squire
Tod_Whitesnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: What Greensteel Items Do You Have?   What Greensteel Items Do You Have? EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 10:22 pm

Well I can get 5 bursts as that new trinket I have from the festival gives me a Burst now I am sure it is shocking.
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What Greensteel Items Do You Have?   What Greensteel Items Do You Have? EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 2:24 pm

trinkets gives shocking blow, not burst Wink

is still nice tho
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What Greensteel Items Do You Have?   What Greensteel Items Do You Have? EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 2:32 pm

Dee_Snider wrote:
Perfect web - lol

Montreal - ftw

lol

montreal ftl. their website isnt even working right now so i cant even give side by side comparison. Laughing

http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~delallea/ddo/shroud/index.php

Quote :
Bad Gateway

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
Apache/2.0.54 (Fedora) Server at www.iro.umontreal.ca Port 80

when it is back up i'll post the comparison.

here is perfect web instructions on how to make a lit 2 bow:

http://www.perfectweb.org/ddo/crafting/base_crafting.php?base=10&tier1=12&tier2=79&tier3=187&tier4=192&bonus1=6&bonus2=33&altC=0&type=i

here is the planner for the lit 2 bow:

http://www.perfectweb.org/ddo/crafting/base_crafting.php?base=10&tier1=12&tier2=79&tier3=187&tier4=192&bonus1=6&bonus2=33&altC=0

as you can see with the drop down boxes, you can easily visualize all the different combinations that would work to make a lit 2 bow. instead of holy, you can add +6 CON, +6 CHR, improved devotion and some others.
Back to top Go down
Dee_Snider
Knight
Dee_Snider

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What Greensteel Items Do You Have?   What Greensteel Items Do You Have? EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 12:53 pm

ftw

http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~delallea/ddo/shroud/index.php

Although I'll hand it to perfectweb with the pretty icons in case you can't read. Cool
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What Greensteel Items Do You Have?   What Greensteel Items Do You Have? EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 1:19 pm

to each their own. glad they finally brought it back online Razz

now i have a crappy planner like montreal to compare the good one to once again. Very Happy

http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~delallea/ddo/shroud/cgi-bin/shroud.cgi?forced=lightning_1_&altar=3&weapon=longbow&item=item&craft=1&effects=lightning_strike_,holy,_shocking,__shocking

thats how to craft a lit 2 bow on montreal. the planner isn't that intuitive but here it is:

http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~delallea/ddo/shroud/cgi-bin/shroud.cgi?item=item&weapon=longbow&effects=lightning_strike_,holy,__shocking,_shocking&altar=3

it's hard to tell that if you wanted you could switch shocking blast for +4 AC, or other things... if you make conc opp its not listed with other guards (for some reason its listed with SP); and the guards on all items are not listed together. some guards are on the left listed as special guards, other guards are on the right listed as misc. and why does it list burst after blast? that makes no sense, burst is on there first..
its also impossible to 'reset' and just play with options without going back to square one constantly.

its a good planner if you already know what to expect i guess. Smile

enjoy
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What Greensteel Items Do You Have?   What Greensteel Items Do You Have? EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 1:22 pm

by the way, there is no printer friendly version on montreal apparently. none that i could find anyway.

the print outs for perfect web rock Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dee_Snider
Knight
Dee_Snider

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What Greensteel Items Do You Have?   What Greensteel Items Do You Have? EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 1:38 pm

anto_capone wrote:
its also impossible to 'reset' and just play with options without going back to square one constantly.

Actually, it does provide options - that's why I like using it because it automatically shows what's available after each step back and forth.

As far as printing goes - just click "print" and choose landscape format.

To each his/her own I guess...

Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What Greensteel Items Do You Have?   What Greensteel Items Do You Have? EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 10:24 am

For my own reference:

http://www.perfectweb.org/ddo/crafting/base_crafting.php?base=41&tier1=12&tier2=80&tier3=188&tier4=192&bonus1=11&bonus2=37&altC=0&type=i

http://www.perfectweb.org/ddo/crafting/base_crafting.php?base=41&tier1=12&tier2=80&tier3=188&tier4=192&bonus1=11&bonus2=37&altC=0&type=r

Finished!

Last edited by Beth on Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What Greensteel Items Do You Have?   What Greensteel Items Do You Have? EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 2:48 pm

will be a nice min 2 Smile

dont forget the large splintered horn when crafting the blank tho Wink
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What Greensteel Items Do You Have?   What Greensteel Items Do You Have? EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 5:09 pm

Again for my ref - hp goggles

http://www.perfectweb.org/ddo/crafting/base_crafting.php?base=15&tier1=55&tier2=129&tier3=165&tier4=163&bonus1=3&bonus2=52&altC=0&type=r

http://www.perfectweb.org/ddo/crafting/base_crafting.php?base=15&tier1=55&tier2=129&tier3=165&tier4=163&bonus1=3&bonus2=52&altC=0&type=i
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What Greensteel Items Do You Have?   What Greensteel Items Do You Have? EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 6:30 pm

Finished my Min II Great Axe today =)

Starting to collect large ingreds for the HP goggles, which are already at tier 2.

Will be starting a triple positive GA for the raise dead clicky soon and looking into starting a Lit II GA. Need a few more pebbles and such, but shouldn't take too long to gather.

Very happy. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What Greensteel Items Do You Have?   What Greensteel Items Do You Have? EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 8:53 pm

Nice work Smile
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What Greensteel Items Do You Have?   What Greensteel Items Do You Have? EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 9:35 pm

congrats! big damage boost eh? Razz
Back to top Go down
Dee_Snider
Knight
Dee_Snider

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What Greensteel Items Do You Have?   What Greensteel Items Do You Have? EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 10:20 pm

Congrats - you'll definitely get some use out of that.

I have a triple positive khopesh with raise dead and 30% healing amp for my warforged - comes in handy when the heals are a little light. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Greensteel Items Do You Have?   What Greensteel Items Do You Have? Empty

Back to top Go down

What Greensteel Items Do You Have?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next