Join us at our NEW forum: www.nngo.biz
All your Nachos are belong to us!
Join us at our NEW forum: www.nngo.biz
All your Nachos are belong to us!

~NNGO IZ SRS BSNS~

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» TORN
What Greensteel Items Do You Have? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2018 3:03 pm by anto_capone

» Ridiculously rough draft ideas
What Greensteel Items Do You Have? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2018 7:50 pm by James

» The Music Thread!
What Greensteel Items Do You Have? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 08, 2018 1:19 pm by Trinity

» How's life treating ya?
What Greensteel Items Do You Have? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 05, 2018 8:06 am by Trinity

» Games to Replace RK - Reviews
What Greensteel Items Do You Have? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 23, 2017 7:28 pm by Bekah

» Queen of Ireland
What Greensteel Items Do You Have? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 23, 2017 12:28 am by jaqk

» RPG Maker
What Greensteel Items Do You Have? - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 18, 2017 9:52 pm by Trinity

» Fight of Ages
What Greensteel Items Do You Have? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 17, 2017 8:43 pm by Trinity

» Access to NNGO Forums
What Greensteel Items Do You Have? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 28, 2017 2:28 pm by gonads

» Laugh of the day
What Greensteel Items Do You Have? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 21, 2017 9:40 pm by Bekah

Navigation
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 215 on Tue May 18, 2021 2:52 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Discord

What Greensteel Items Do You Have?

Go down 
+4
Dee_Snider
Zogdor
anto_capone
Beth
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Tod_Whitesnow
Squire
Tod_Whitesnow

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

What Greensteel Items Do You Have? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Greensteel Items Do You Have?   What Greensteel Items Do You Have? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 6:46 pm

Made my Blank last night for my HP Goggle and have enough bits with Dee's help to get it to Level 1
Back to top Go down
Grace
Mummy Bait
Grace

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Baker

PostSubject: Re: What Greensteel Items Do You Have?   What Greensteel Items Do You Have? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 7:56 am

I definitely like the perfectweb planner better; for someone that has absolutely no idea what they're doing it's far more self-explanatory.

I decided I might want to get around to actually collecting stuff for my greensteel. I need to make an item for my extra hp, and I also am TWF, so I have a ton of stuff to find. At least since the GR I can actually manage running around the Vale myself. That being said, if there are ingredients that people in the guild are looking for, or things that people have extra and are willing to trade, it might be helpful for a lot of us if you post that here? Just an idea. I know I'm way too broke to make use of the AH for ingredients or blanks myself, but I'm happy to farm and swap extra stuff.
Back to top Go down
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet
DDO character: Paladin
RK Profession: Weaver

PostSubject: Re: What Greensteel Items Do You Have?   What Greensteel Items Do You Have? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 7:57 am

I have lots of spare small mats, if anyone needs any!
Back to top Go down
ArcaneJill
Admin
ArcaneJill

Character sheet
DDO character: Cleric
RK Profession: None

PostSubject: Re: What Greensteel Items Do You Have?   What Greensteel Items Do You Have? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 1:33 pm

Same here, quite a few smalls and mediums free. Larges depend on what you need lol.
Back to top Go down
Grace
Mummy Bait
Grace

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: What Greensteel Items Do You Have?   What Greensteel Items Do You Have? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 4:40 pm

Ran my first shroud today, so got some more ingredients Smile

I think I'm going to make my HP bracers first, and then I'll start working on my weapons. I'm making a rad II rapier and a min II shortsword...eventually.
Back to top Go down
Bellz
Knight
Bellz

Location : in a galexy far far away or Khyber... or stuck at work dreaming of Hawaii

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What Greensteel Items Do You Have?   What Greensteel Items Do You Have? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 4:56 pm

Grace, you may want to think twice about bracers... there's the tharnes set for rogues,and I think one other one that is just as good.I finally went with a hp belt after getting the epic cloak of the night since the rogue belt in amarath really didn't do that much for me
Back to top Go down
Grace
Mummy Bait
Grace

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: What Greensteel Items Do You Have?   What Greensteel Items Do You Have? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 5:53 pm

I have greater false life on my belt, which is why I went with bracers. I have extra con on my necklace and charged gauntlets for my gloves. That leaves me with bracers, pretty much.

I looked at the dragontouched armor, but honestly it is way more of a headache to craft than I really want. The Tharnes set is nice, but I really only want the goggles. I already have tons of dex as a dex rogue, and I can live without ghost touch. I know it's not really the conventional wisdom, but after looking at the numbers and combos every which way, I really won't gain much of anything for the time it will take me to wait for bracers to drop, craft the dt armor, etc.

Now, it's quite possible I'm totally missing something here because I haven't run end game, so tell me if I am Smile

Edit: I'm curious how the new crafting system might make all this a bit moot as well. Since it will certainly take me a bit longer to farm the stuff I want anyway, I'm going to take a good look at it when the new update comes out. If I can combine a few things with a lot less hassle, even better.
Back to top Go down
Dee_Snider
Knight
Dee_Snider

Character sheet
DDO character: Wizard
RK Profession: Blacksmith

PostSubject: Re: What Greensteel Items Do You Have?   What Greensteel Items Do You Have? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 7:36 pm

For a rogue (based upon the Tharne's goggles/bracers set), I'd say the cloak spot is a pretty darn good spot for a GS item.

In addition, it's also handy to have the necklace/belt/boots of anchoring slots open (i.e. no GS) for various TOD gear (for your prestige line and any other useful gear) at endgame.

You can also put attributes on your GS weapons, but if doing so sacrifices DPS, then you might think twice about that.
Back to top Go down
Grace
Mummy Bait
Grace

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: What Greensteel Items Do You Have?   What Greensteel Items Do You Have? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 8:32 pm

The assassin set is a belt and a ring, so it isn't really affected by a bracer slot being taken. If I actually pulled both, I could just track down a greater false life ring and swap things a bit with that, which would be far far easier. Plus, it means that in the meantime, I'm not absent a big chunk of HP while I wait around for loot to drop for me. I have a cloak of night, which I like better for a rogue and don't want to give up.
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger

PostSubject: Re: What Greensteel Items Do You Have?   What Greensteel Items Do You Have? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 9:59 pm

epic cloak of night gives you deathblock and ghost touch, dont need tharnes bracers if you get the epic cloak

matter of fact the level 16 version gives you ghost touch..

my ranger went GS with gloves and bracers. the shocking blow is nice and all, but doesnt help much in that slot at 20.

i think you might want the titan belt (the one that drives me INSANE):

http://ddowiki.com/page/Belt_of_Brute_Strength

+6 str and greater false life on your belt, and its ML 9...

i would go with bracers and/or gloves for your GS, and keep your cloak spot for the cloak of night when mabar comes back personally. Smile

if you get the level 16 or 20 cloak of night, the tharnes bracers are just about useless. your ToD ring will have DEX 6 on it, and the armor bonus on tharnes bracers will not stack with any armor you wear. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.nngo.biz
Dee_Snider
Knight
Dee_Snider

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What Greensteel Items Do You Have?   What Greensteel Items Do You Have? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 10:10 pm

Bracers that you might consider acquiring...

https://2img.net/h/i153.photobucket.com/albums/s220/jgould2005/DDO/Items/Bracers/Chaosgarde.jpg

https://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s220/jgould2005/DDO/Items/Bracers/BracersoftheDemonsConsort.jpg

https://2img.net/h/i153.photobucket.com/albums/s220/jgould2005/DDO/Items/Bracers/EtheralBracers.jpg

https://2img.net/h/i153.photobucket.com/albums/s220/jgould2005/DDO/Items/Bracers/InfernoBracers.jpg

https://2img.net/h/i1036.photobucket.com/albums/a446/kvmathis/ScreenShot00000.jpg

https://2img.net/h/i153.photobucket.com/albums/s220/jgould2005/DDO/Items/Bracers/TharnesBracers.jpg

https://2img.net/h/i153.photobucket.com/albums/s220/jgould2005/DDO/Items/Bracers/LeviksBracers.jpg

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/i/hunterm.jpg/

https://2img.net/h/i153.photobucket.com/albums/s220/jgould2005/DDO/Unlimited/Items/Bracers/EpicKundarakWardingBracers.jpg

Back to top Go down
Grace
Mummy Bait
Grace

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: What Greensteel Items Do You Have?   What Greensteel Items Do You Have? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 1:52 pm

Here's the way I look at it. I can wait around and farm incessantly for bracers to drop somewhere for me, or I can fill the slot with something useful now. I need that 45 hp now, and that 45 hp is going to be more useful than anything else listed, anywhere. If I slot it on a belt instead, I have to drop my greater false life, which loses me 30 hp since greater false life rings are harder to come by. I have no desire at all to make DT armor.

*shrugs* Uber gear is nice and all, but it seems a little like ignoring the nice guy down the street that wants to date me while I'm waiting around for David Tennant to answer my lovelorn letters, no? If I ultimately pick up something like that, then I can reorganize a bit, and if that means I have to make another GS item, so be it. Since I can't predict what I'll pick up in the future or where it will slot, it's not worth making myself crazy over.

The cloak of night is definitely nice, Anto, I love it. I have the lvl 12 one, which has deathblock on it, as well as chance of invisibility when I get smacked (great for sneak attacks in melee, and it actually pops pretty often), and dusk. When Mabar comes around again, I'll upgrade it more for the nightmare guard, dodge bonus, and extra DR. I honestly can't think of any other cloak in the game I'd want more on my rogue, and it's been wicked useful. Plus, it's just fun to disappear in a cloud of bats ^^
Back to top Go down
Bellz
Knight
Bellz

Location : in a galexy far far away or Khyber... or stuck at work dreaming of Hawaii

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What Greensteel Items Do You Have?   What Greensteel Items Do You Have? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 3:32 pm

I think the reason we're all suggesting make sure it's where you want it, and as Dee pointed out the other options is because we know the grind for the mats....Large devil scales, even with my stupid luck in pulling them are hard to get.

My suggestion, go to the wiki page, look up dt armor, amarath sets, other fun loot and tick off what you want/need. Tharnes really isn't that hard to get. Most people if it drops give it to a rogue. Same with belts and necklaces in Amarath...most people will swap things over without a problem if they know you need it. Same with ruins for your DT armor. Prey is ridiculously easy to farm, you can buy the one ruin,and even pick it out from a list, and again, most people are willing to trade or even give their ruins.

I know you mentioned your armor as trap stuff on it, but there really aren't that many trap quests for rogues once you hit the level you are. The odd one yes, but Auro gimped and all managed every trap except that one in cabal on elite. They made traps pretty much idiot level... people with rogue splash can disable on epic... right now, all I have is whatever is on my gear... too lazy to swap out...but if I need it, a pair of +15 disable gloves.

I didn't plan anything out on Auro...I know now what a huge mistake that was. Right now I'm scrambling around trying to find things to "fit" again and it's a huge pain. I did however learn my lesson and Cari wasn't quite so bad, and Faye has been a breeze. Phornax, being the anally precise person he is plans out from the beginning what he wants for his toon and only puts that type of item in that slot...that way when he gets the uber whatever it is, he isn't revamping all his gear. I wouldn't go that far..but ya Auro has 3 dt armor sets, 2 gs hp items and the most varied array of +whatever stuff due to the chaos method...just tryin to save your sanity Wink

Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What Greensteel Items Do You Have?   What Greensteel Items Do You Have? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 5:04 pm

DT armor isnt that hard to get. You will want it I think. Smile

I will happily farm with you as well, both my monk and wizard are beginning their farming for DT. The wizard is just collecting runes tho, since he will eventually TR into a warforged.

I still wouldnt get tharnes bracers tho, if you are planning on getting the ToD ring for your set, because thats a redundant +6 Dex in two spots, and while you don't have ghost touch now, you will once you get your level 16 mabar cloak. Smile

You can make a 'cheap' green steel, for 45 HP. Cheap means it is only a single shard, which means a max 3 devil scales. My gloves for example are single shard, and they have a nice crushing wave guard on them that procs often.

I agree with bella tho, I have had to 'remake' gloves twice, bracers once, and a cloak once to have the final set up I wanted; but all the things I did craft have their use and were useful while I had them.

Also, in the future, you will be able to deconstruct green steel and get mats back, which will be awesome Smile
Back to top Go down
Grace
Mummy Bait
Grace

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: What Greensteel Items Do You Have?   What Greensteel Items Do You Have? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 5:34 pm

I really don't want the Tharnes bracers, so the bracers aren't an issue. Don't want them, don't need them. I know that farming for DT armor isn't hard, but again, don't want it. Already looked it up - three times - and there's nothing about it that is significantly better than what I already have or am planning on having. Or all the slots I have, the bracers slot is the slot where there is pretty much absolutely nothing I want there, so that's where it makes the most sense to stick a GS item.

Anto, if you could get with me and explain how to make a cheap 45 hp GS item, I'd be eternally appreciative Smile
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What Greensteel Items Do You Have?   What Greensteel Items Do You Have? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 6:23 pm

Sure, no problem. One thing first tho about DT armor: the slot consolidation. You can place 3 different things of your choice on it. For example, you can place greater false life; any ability like CON, STR +6; AND a radiance guard. As a rogue you will eventually make some radiance weapons down the road, but they cost 6 devil scales each to make, so 12 scales for 1 radince set is rough.

Radiance guard helps with sneak attack, but that is only one of the options you can choose. 3 slots, and you can decide what to place on it might help you figure out slots later. Also, you can change out things later to more customize. For now tho, I am sure you can make do without DT, just don't write it off yet. Wink

Cheap single shard HP bracers:

Crushing Wave Guard with Panacea clicky costs you 3 scales, 2 stones, 2 shrapnel to make.

Air Guard with Haste clicky costs you 2 scales, 3 stones, 3 shrapnel to make.

Earthgrab guard with Summon Stone Elemental clicky costs you 2 scales, 2 stone, 3 shrapnel.

And finally, one that everyone wants, but usually they craft it onto a weapon, because you cannot wear two greensteel items without one being cleansed and that takes 20 shroud runs.

Raise Dead clicky, can choose many options beside HP ::: this item costs you ZERO large ingredients! Smile
I do recommend crafting your raise dead clicky onto a weapon tho, its much more useful as something like:
this which also costs no large ingredients.

There are some that will take 2 supreme shards to craft, like lightning strike, mineral 2, radiance guard and radiance attack, disintegration etc.. These are generally stronger blasts of damage than single shard, but they cost twice as much in ingredients. Most of your weapons will be dual shard and expensive.

Myself for instance, wanted a lot of guards on my ranger. I get hit a lot, I don;t have AC and never will have a viable AC, so instead I made a bunch of guards. When they hit me, they get hurt.
I wanted disintegrate, corrosive salt, and crushing wave guard. The first two are dual shard and would cost me 10 scales to craft and two item slots, so I fit them BOTH on my dragon touched armor. I then crafted a cheap single shard crushing wave gloves with my 45 HP on it, with a nice panacea clicky on it as well, and been really happy overall. Smile
Back to top Go down
Grace
Mummy Bait
Grace

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: What Greensteel Items Do You Have?   What Greensteel Items Do You Have? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 7:20 pm

Thanks Anto!
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet
DDO character: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: What Greensteel Items Do You Have?   What Greensteel Items Do You Have? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 12:20 pm

Finished crafting the Lit II great axe the other day and now thinking of a triple positive maul, going holy/good burst/30% healing amp, with the effects of one raise dead (tier 2) and greater disruption (tier 3).

For my ref:

Quote :
From the Vale Explorer Area and Vale Quests Collect
1 Bitterscrub Fungus
3 Chipmunk Funk
4 Energy Orb
3 Glistening Pebbles
2 Green Brier Twig
1 Lammanian Lily Petals
2 Locust Husk
1 Shavarath Stone of Battle
1 Shavarath Stone of Foresight
1 Shavarath Stone of Might
1 Shavarath Stone of Strategy
1 Shavarath Stone of Victory
From Phase 1 of the Shroud Collect
1 Shard of Power
5 Shavarath Low Energy Cell
3 Small Devil Scales
2 Small Glowing Arrowhead
2 Small Gnawed Bone
1 Small Length of Infernal Chain
2 Small Sulfurous Stone
2 Small Twisted Shrapnel
From Phase 2 and 3 of the Shroud Collect
3 Medium Devil Scales
2 Medium Glowing Arrowhead
2 Medium Gnawed Bone
1 Medium Length of Infernal Chain
2 Medium Sulfurous Stone
2 Medium Twisted Shrapnel
1 Shard of Great Power
5 Shavarath Medium Energy Cell
From Phase 4 and 5 of the Shroud Collect
3 Large Devil Scales
2 Large Glowing Arrowhead
2 Large Gnawed Bone
1 Large Length of Infernal Chain
3 Large Sulfurous Stone
1 Large Twisted Shrapnel
1 Shard of Supreme Power
5 Shavarath High Energy Cell

May also make a second raise dead clickie item too but only to tier 2 as I have the small and medium ingreds coming out my ears. Probably on boots just to swap in when needed.
Back to top Go down
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What Greensteel Items Do You Have?   What Greensteel Items Do You Have? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 7:57 am

Eventually for Trapp:

http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~delallea/ddo/shroud/cgi-bin/shroud.cgi?forced=exist_1_&altar=3&weapon=weapon&item=goggles&craft=1&effects=ee_1_str,concordant_opposition_,iee_2_con,gee_3_con

http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~delallea/ddo/shroud/cgi-bin/shroud.cgi?forced=&altar=3&weapon=weapon&item=goggles&craft=1&effects=wiz6_1_cha,esp_3_cha,esp_2_cha,positive_1_,great_disr_guard_

http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~delallea/ddo/shroud/cgi-bin/shroud.cgi?forced=&altar=3&weapon=falchion&item=item&craft=1&effects=mineral2_weap_,holy,_acid,__acid,mineral_1_
Back to top Go down
Dee_Snider
Knight
Dee_Snider

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What Greensteel Items Do You Have?   What Greensteel Items Do You Have? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 12:42 pm

Beth wrote:
...now thinking of a triple positive maul, going holy/good burst/30% healing amp, with the effects of one raise dead (tier 2) and greater disruption (tier 3).

Aka as a poor person's Lit2 (and a very nice piece to have). Also reasonably affordable (single shard so less larges in the recipe)

Very good for WF - I pull it out when the heals are lacking to amplify what is coming in (on top of 10% ship buff healing amp and 20% HA from Levik's). Doesn't have the metalline for full DR, but better than dying and have people give you a hard time for being hard to heal. Laughing

Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What Greensteel Items Do You Have?   What Greensteel Items Do You Have? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 3:23 pm

triple pos maul would break sorjek's DR i believe.
Back to top Go down
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What Greensteel Items Do You Have?   What Greensteel Items Do You Have? - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 10:58 am

HP goggs for Harzak

http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~delallea/ddo/shroud/cgi-bin/shroud.cgi?forced=&altar=3&weapon=weapon&item=goggles&craft=1&effects=ee_1_dex,iee_2_dex,gee_3_dex,air_1_

MinII GS for Trapp

http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~delallea/ddo/shroud/cgi-bin/shroud.cgi?forced=&altar=3&weapon=greatsword&item=item&craft=1&effects=holy,_acid,__acid,mineral2_weap_,mineral_1_
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet
DDO character: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: What Greensteel Items Do You Have?   What Greensteel Items Do You Have? - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 11:02 am

You sure you want a Min2? There are other options for harry beaters and the Lit2 really does deal a better punch at norm lvl quests.
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What Greensteel Items Do You Have?   What Greensteel Items Do You Have? - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 5:21 pm

yea, min 2 sucks as a weapon imo
Back to top Go down
Dee_Snider
Knight
Dee_Snider

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What Greensteel Items Do You Have?   What Greensteel Items Do You Have? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 12:07 pm

Yeah especially since you can craft DR breakers that do more damage, and are cheaper to build:

For example, a group member linked this the other day.

Said it cost about 1,000,000 plat to craft.

However, that is still much less than a min2 costs.

What Greensteel Items Do You Have? - Page 2 HBSGAofGEOB
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Greensteel Items Do You Have?   What Greensteel Items Do You Have? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What Greensteel Items Do You Have?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next