McQueen
anto_capone
Bellz
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Bellz
Knight
Bellz

Location : in a galexy far far away or Khyber... or stuck at work dreaming of Hawaii

Character sheet
DDO character: Cleric
RK Profession: Baker

Just a question ;) Empty
PostSubject: Just a question ;)   Just a question ;) EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 12:24 pm

So I'm wandering thru Munster right now and they are all freaking out about the new rules about debt and what it'll do to the county (most figure Munster will close) Chonnacht is still in the positive right? I honestly haven't paid much attention to political stuff, so wouldn't have a clue. And is the rule just for counties or towns too? I know BAL was like 5k in the hole
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger
RK Profession: Blacksmith

Just a question ;) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a question ;)   Just a question ;) EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 12:38 pm

Very small debt but back on the up and up. Had a clusterfuck with the gold mine and we had to spend a bit to have it closed and upgraded. A couple good weeks and County is back to positive, as long as the gold mine doesn't downgrade (again Sad).

I'm not sure about what will happen with towns, but BAL is doing rough still, with the population under 40...

Have they announced anything further? I am definitely curious about when this all goes into effect..

But no, not worried about Chonnacht tiny debt at all. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.nngo.biz
Bellz
Knight
Bellz

Location : in a galexy far far away or Khyber... or stuck at work dreaming of Hawaii

Character sheet

Just a question ;) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a question ;)   Just a question ;) EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 1:02 pm

They said in 2 months, so lots of time.... Munster has like 450k debt still and they're all(munster) either kissing daubs ass or paddys atm, it's sort of funny to watch.

I'll be coming home in a bit, just had to come get a friend. If they decided not to close any of our towns, we should maybe see what we can do to get people to move to BAL
Back to top Go down
McQueen
Serf

Just a question ;) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a question ;)   Just a question ;) EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 1:57 pm

Between you and i i think the time limit being forced on the county{ies} is unrealistic. No way Munster is getting out of debt on 2 months. 450k is a lot of money and even if EVERY citizen in Munster was to give up his hoard they would still be less than halfway there. Might be fun to see how this turns out.

Not to mention why are u surprised Bella? But kissing is practically a part of the culture in Munster. Heck i probably did my fair share of it. When your dealing with ego's as monumental as those we have here its the only way to get ANYTHING done.

Q
Back to top Go down
Bellz
Knight
Bellz

Character sheet

Just a question ;) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a question ;)   Just a question ;) EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 2:13 pm

Can't recall anyones ass I ever kissed, even when I lived there Razz

Honestly, I think it's just a way of the admins "fixing" a f'd up game. They know populations are going down, they screwed up with the whole closing of towns thing so now it this. I'm pretty sure Chonnacht is the only Irish county close to positive, but we have 2 towns in the neg. Laig and Munster both neg.. so I can see them doing all sorts of stuff to mess up Ireland
Back to top Go down
the_flame
Squire

Just a question ;) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a question ;)   Just a question ;) EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 2:19 pm

Bella_catorina wrote:
Munster has like 450k debt still and they're all(munster) either kissing daubs ass or paddys atm, it's sort of funny to watch.
i almost feel sad i cant see it lol
Back to top Go down
Edrahil
Commoner
Edrahil

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Butcher

Just a question ;) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a question ;)   Just a question ;) EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 2:26 pm

How do you even get to a debt of 500k?
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet
DDO character: Fighter
RK Profession: None

Just a question ;) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a question ;)   Just a question ;) EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 4:07 pm

Edrahil wrote:

You carry out fiscal policies that ignore the debt and assume that it'll never matter. Last year Munster was addressing the debt and it was going down at a steady rate. This year, well let's say those who've been leading the council policies have let it increase again on the assumption that it was too big to even try to get down and that the admins would never bother doing anything about it. Not sure why they're kissing Paddy's arse though. He's not been on council all this year so he's not making the decisions although he has been advocating debt management from the sidelines.

It'll be interesting to see if they do close the county down. I'm in retreat atm (lost my RK mojo again) but tbh one town is much like the other so if they shunt us all out somewhere else I won't mind. In the end speaking from a player rather than character perspective, its about being with other players you get along or can at least tolerate without logging off with a curse on your lips. Not enjoying cork too much right now as the player mix has changed and the tavs are filled with constant vacuous lapleaping huggling snuggle bunnies who witter on in baby voices and seem clueless when you try to have an actual conversation. I can tolerate the nonsense stuff in small doses but when its every day and all the time ... tbh I'd welcome a change of scene as a player. I can count the players on one hand who currently are keeping me there.
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

Just a question ;) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a question ;)   Just a question ;) EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 4:14 pm

Yeah but Paddy still tries to micromanage whoever's on council. Anyone in Ireland can see that.

I do find this new adjustment rather disadvantageous but I do admit it is a bit more realistic, considering the times we, the players, live in right now.
Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet

Just a question ;) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a question ;)   Just a question ;) EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 4:17 pm

Paddy just says what obvious and tries to mitigate the daftness of those in charge. I used to ask the difficult questions and point out the elephants in the room too but stopped when it became clear you couldn't have a conversation with rounder types without them getting all emotional and plain nasty.
Back to top Go down
Mikhaila
Knight
Mikhaila

Character sheet

Just a question ;) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a question ;)   Just a question ;) EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 4:42 pm

Gah...if they close it we don't want them in Connie. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Achilles_
Admin

Just a question ;) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a question ;)   Just a question ;) EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 5:07 pm

Beth wrote:
Edrahil wrote:

It'll be interesting to see if they do close the county down. I'm in retreat atm (lost my RK mojo again) but tbh one town is much like the other so if they shunt us all out somewhere else I won't mind. In the end speaking from a player rather than character perspective, its about being with other players you get along or can at least tolerate without logging off with a curse on your lips. Not enjoying cork too much right now as the player mix has changed and the tavs are filled with constant vacuous lapleaping huggling snuggle bunnies who witter on in baby voices and seem clueless when you try to have an actual conversation. I can tolerate the nonsense stuff in small doses but when its every day and all the time ... tbh I'd welcome a change of scene as a player. I can count the players on one hand who currently are keeping me there.

It's interesting that everyone seems to think they'll close down the county. Admins didn't say that. County will suck, but won't necessarily close down.
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

Just a question ;) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a question ;)   Just a question ;) EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 5:15 pm

Emotional and nasty? You obviously haven't been to Scotland. Razz

Back to top Go down
Beth
Squire
Beth

Character sheet

Just a question ;) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a question ;)   Just a question ;) EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 4:48 am

Mikhaila wrote:
Gah...if they close it we don't want them in Connie. Evil or Very Mad

No worries on that score Laughing
Back to top Go down
Rayzar
Serf

Character sheet
DDO character:

Just a question ;) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a question ;)   Just a question ;) EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 3:03 pm

So the idea is to close all counties in the negative? How fun!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Just a question ;) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a question ;)   Just a question ;) Empty

Back to top Go down

Just a question ;)
Page 1 of 1