Join us at our NEW forum: www.nngo.biz
All your Nachos are belong to us!
Join us at our NEW forum: www.nngo.biz
All your Nachos are belong to us!

~NNGO IZ SRS BSNS~

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» TORN
Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever? EmptyMon Oct 29, 2018 3:03 pm by anto_capone

» Ridiculously rough draft ideas
Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever? EmptyMon Jul 09, 2018 7:50 pm by James

» The Music Thread!
Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever? EmptyThu Feb 08, 2018 1:19 pm by Trinity

» How's life treating ya?
Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2018 8:06 am by Trinity

» Games to Replace RK - Reviews
Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever? EmptySat Dec 23, 2017 7:28 pm by Bekah

» Queen of Ireland
Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever? EmptySat Dec 23, 2017 12:28 am by jaqk

» RPG Maker
Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever? EmptySat Nov 18, 2017 9:52 pm by Trinity

» Fight of Ages
Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever? EmptyFri Nov 17, 2017 8:43 pm by Trinity

» Access to NNGO Forums
Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever? EmptySat Oct 28, 2017 2:28 pm by gonads

» Laugh of the day
Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever? EmptySat Oct 21, 2017 9:40 pm by Bekah

Navigation
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 215 on Tue May 18, 2021 2:52 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Discord

Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever?

Go down 
+7
Cheatley
WhiteSnow
Mikhaila
Telcara
Elois
Aidan
anto_capone
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Is Skyrim the best single player game?
Hells Yes!
Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever? Vote_lcap33%Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever? Vote_rcap
 33% [ 5 ]
No Way!
Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever? Vote_lcap27%Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever? Vote_rcap
 27% [ 4 ]
I don't know, I'll change my vote when I figure it out
Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever? Vote_lcap40%Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever? Vote_rcap
 40% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger
RK Profession: Blacksmith

Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever? Empty
PostSubject: Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever?   Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever? EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 9:00 pm

I hope this thread can one day be moved to flames, so for now I say yes, that Skyrim is the best single player game ever made.

Last edited by anto_capone on Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.nngo.biz
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever?   Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever? EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 9:03 pm

If they ever made an Elder Scrolls MMO I would never be seen or heard from again.

Incentive?
Back to top Go down
Aidan
Noble
Aidan

Character sheet
DDO character: Fighter
RK Profession: None

PostSubject: Re: Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever?   Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever? EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 9:06 pm

Yep, best one evarrrrr

I want DLC that enables me to play online with friends that let us like survive endless waves of a selected enemy or something similiary simple but thats off topic - I say simple cause i know even simple online is too much to ask for Razz
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever?   Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever? EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 9:24 pm

I want to say yes, but I remember how much I enjoyed all the old, old games. I would have to say that Skyrim is the best game in the past 10 years, at least.
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever?   Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever? EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 10:09 pm

Elois wrote:
I want to say yes, but I remember how much I enjoyed all the old, old games. I would have to say that Skyrim is the best game in the past 10 years, at least.

Name these games, blasphemer.
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever?   Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever? EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 6:56 am

I love how you turn these things into a challenge. Laughing

Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne. This game outsold Final Fantasy in Japan, and deservingly so. It was localized by Atlus, for America, and as such was a limited release. Game starts out with the world being destroyed, and the player has to decide their philosophy that they'll recreate the world with, while fighting many monsters along the way. Can recruit and summon over 250 different demons, all of which provide different powers. Summons can be merged together to create new summons. It's pretty much like Final Fantasy, if, if everything cute about FF was raped with tentacles.

I would also recommend SMT: Persona 3, as well as SMT: Digital Devil Saga. They have their similarities but very different.

Those are my niche games, games I would try to emulate on my PC, if my computer could handle it.

Primal, which I'm still hoping there's a sequel to.

The entire Legacy of Kain/Soul Reaver series, which I'm wanting sequels to.

Grandia and Lunar 2:Eternal Blue.

Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever?   Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever? EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 7:13 am

Grandia and Lunar 2 are for sale on Amazon for $170 and $140, btw.
Back to top Go down
Telcara
Squire
Telcara

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever?   Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever? EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 2:07 pm

I haven't played it... BUT from what I know it does have a good bunch of bugs and weird shit (pots over heads = invisibility) which puts me off a bit. Though can it be worse than TES III Morrowind's 'opps I jumped around so much I feel through the floor/ground and if I'm quick enough I might be able to cast a teleportation spell before I hit the end of the bottomless darkness'?! Whyyyy can't they fix the obvious shit before they release it ><

And... everyone knows the best single play game is the Sims series.. Razz

Back to top Go down
Mikhaila
Knight
Mikhaila

Character sheet
DDO character: Cleric

PostSubject: Re: Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever?   Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever? EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 2:26 pm

I loved Dragon age (first one) Smile I played that over and over again for the RP storyline. It was awesome.
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever?   Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever? EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 2:30 pm

Good but not the best in my book. Although I didnt play, except like 15-20 minutes at friends place. 3rd part stays the best in my book, besides there are plenty of old games that I still do play time to time, and hardly its going to top those for me Smile
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever?   Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever? EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 9:02 pm

Elois wrote:

Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne. This game outsold Final Fantasy in Japan, and deservingly so. It was localized by Atlus, for America, and as such was a limited release. Game starts out with the world being destroyed, and the player has to decide their philosophy that they'll recreate the world with, while fighting many monsters along the way. Can recruit and summon over 250 different demons, all of which provide different powers. Summons can be merged together to create new summons. It's pretty much like Final Fantasy, if, if everything cute about FF was raped with tentacles.

I would also recommend SMT: Persona 3, as well as SMT: Digital Devil Saga. They have their similarities but very different.

Those are my niche games, games I would try to emulate on my PC, if my computer could handle it.

dude i never heard of any of those games... Sad
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever?   Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever? EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 9:03 pm

Mikhaila wrote:
I loved Dragon age (first one) Smile I played that over and over again for the RP storyline. It was awesome.

heard about this one, was going to grab it on the cheap for the x cube. is there a pc version? yo ho and a bottle of rum and all that jazz
Back to top Go down
Cheatley
Serf
Cheatley

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Miller

PostSubject: Re: Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever?   Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever? EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 9:07 pm

4 games, all better, yeah, I went there :p :

Every Mario game for the SNES.
Cutthroats.
Morrowind.
Europa Universalis 3.

Skyrims quest lines are far too short and the games got that many bugs atm :\

But yeah TES MMO would lead to my local going bankrupt Razz

(forgot I had even registered here)
Back to top Go down
Mikhaila
Knight
Mikhaila

Character sheet
DDO character: Cleric

PostSubject: Re: Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever?   Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever? EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 9:20 pm

Yes their is a PC version. I have the 360 version. I also have every add on for it Smile I love that it is re playable..each action gives you a different ending....a different story line. You can also chose to romance the characters etc.. the possibilities go on Very Happy I was disappointed with DA2....waited for it to come out and it was not up to the RP quality as the first...however there is a DA3 coming out in a few years too. Suppose to go back to the awesome RP friendliness of the original...

Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever?   Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever? EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 9:21 pm

Cheatley wrote:
4 games, all better, yeah, I went there :p :

Every Mario game for the SNES.
Cutthroats.
Morrowind.
Europa Universalis 3.

Skyrims quest lines are far too short and the games got that many bugs atm :\

But yeah TES MMO would lead to my local going bankrupt Razz

(forgot I had even registered here)

Morrowind yes.

Why: because each of later ones are being watered down. In the other thread I did mention the skills, less and less with each part of the game. Same with factions etc. It became less complex, what in my oppinion is a negative thing.
Back to top Go down
Cheatley
Serf
Cheatley

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever?   Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever? EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 9:31 pm

The guilds have completely been watered down as well, to such an extent they've had to do what they've done with at least two out of the four on Skyrim (Companions and I think Thieve's guild.)
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever?   Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever? EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 12:09 am

Btw Cheatley, I think I can even beat your little list with the better games Razz

Fallout 1-2, Jagged Alliance, Diablo, Starcraft, Might & Magic 6-8, Mortal Kombat, Heroes of Might and Magic, Nwn, Arcanum, Vtm Bloodlines, GTA, Mafia, Quake, Half Life ...

Beat that Wink
Back to top Go down
Cheatley
Serf
Cheatley

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever?   Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever? EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 12:33 am

Controversial, didn't much care for Diablo either, nor Might and Magic.

Vamp Masc was pretty good, be better if it wasn't as linear.

Kingpin life of crime was pretty good as well, as were System Shock 1-2 and that star wars game, knight of the old republic or whatever, sucks the new ones p2p.

Shenmue 1 and 2 on the Dreamcast were amazing, as were the Crazy Taxis, Soul Calibur and the nomad soul. Razz

Mentioning quake and half life...Unreal Tournament was pretty fecking epic as was Duke Nukem (the first one, no idea about the 2nd.)
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever?   Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever? EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 5:28 am

"Single Player Game" Razz

I wonder if some of it is just nostalgia with other games being mentioned. Can make a case for some of them tho, but some games like mortal kombat would have never been considered if it didn't have multiplayer..

Morrowind was great game, but imo its just dated now. Same with other games, like original mario bros and zelda ect. Idk how many times I dusted off the emulator, played these games, and got bored in a half hour.

Can make a case for GTA, I guess, but mafia? Not even close to Skyrim. Can make a case for Sims/Simcity.

I briefly checked out Neverwinter and Diablo 2, and they seemed fun, but they have multiplayer as well I think so not sure if they are in a different 'class' or w/e. Same goes for Baldurs Gate as well.

hmmm
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever?   Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever? EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 8:25 am

anto_capone wrote:
Elois wrote:

dude i never heard of any of those games... Sad

Last 4 I mentioned are well known in the gamer communities I've been in. The SMT series, as I said, is very niche, but those who've played know its quality. I highly recommend, if you ever get the urge to play old games.
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever?   Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever? EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 8:54 am

You know you play too much Skyrim when you look at what a mess your home is, and wonder how many containers you could loot before the guards show up.
Back to top Go down
Diragon
Citizen
Diragon

PostSubject: Re: Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever?   Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever? EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 11:19 am

So I went to a table-top rpg with some friends last night. 6 of us total. And yea, 4 of them are Skyrim maniacs. All comparing how they pwned the game as lvl 35's whatever, and master blacksmiths, etc.

But then we finally got back into our zone, threw on our funny accents (I think we had 2 southern characters, a british, a jamaican, and one other who doesnt really do the voice role-play thing.), we forgot Skyrim even existed. Why? Because no matter what technology can throw our way (except maybe 3-d virtual reality RPG with full body censors) .. nothing can ever touch the epic nerdy fun of grown men acting like elves and halflings, killing goblins and such with our little figurines and perfected weighted 35dollar dice.

(Plus, wings, beer and mountain dew. Word.)
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever?   Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever? EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 11:31 am

I've never played tabletop. I jealous.
Back to top Go down
Diragon
Citizen
Diragon

PostSubject: Re: Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever?   Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever? EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 11:45 am

Other than Paintball.. most fun I have Smile
Back to top Go down
Edrahil
Commoner
Edrahil

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever?   Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever? EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 3:30 pm

Skyrim was good. The best? No, not even close.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever?   Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next