Join us at our NEW forum: www.nngo.biz
All your Nachos are belong to us!
Join us at our NEW forum: www.nngo.biz
All your Nachos are belong to us!

~NNGO IZ SRS BSNS~

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» TORN
Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2018 3:03 pm by anto_capone

» Ridiculously rough draft ideas
Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2018 7:50 pm by James

» The Music Thread!
Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 08, 2018 1:19 pm by Trinity

» How's life treating ya?
Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 05, 2018 8:06 am by Trinity

» Games to Replace RK - Reviews
Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 23, 2017 7:28 pm by Bekah

» Queen of Ireland
Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 23, 2017 12:28 am by jaqk

» RPG Maker
Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever? - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 18, 2017 9:52 pm by Trinity

» Fight of Ages
Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 17, 2017 8:43 pm by Trinity

» Access to NNGO Forums
Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 28, 2017 2:28 pm by gonads

» Laugh of the day
Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 21, 2017 9:40 pm by Bekah

Navigation
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 215 on Tue May 18, 2021 2:52 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Discord

Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever?

Go down 
+7
Cheatley
WhiteSnow
Mikhaila
Telcara
Elois
Aidan
anto_capone
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Is Skyrim the best single player game?
Hells Yes!
Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever? - Page 2 Vote_lcap33%Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 33% [ 5 ]
No Way!
Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever? - Page 2 Vote_lcap27%Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 27% [ 4 ]
I don't know, I'll change my vote when I figure it out
Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever? - Page 2 Vote_lcap40%Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 40% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Blacksmith

Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever?   Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 3:52 pm

anto_capone wrote:
"Single Player Game" Razz

I wonder if some of it is just nostalgia with other games being mentioned. Can make a case for some of them tho, but some games like mortal kombat would have never been considered if it didn't have multiplayer..

Morrowind was great game, but imo its just dated now. Same with other games, like original mario bros and zelda ect. Idk how many times I dusted off the emulator, played these games, and got bored in a half hour.

Can make a case for GTA, I guess, but mafia? Not even close to Skyrim. Can make a case for Sims/Simcity.

I briefly checked out Neverwinter and Diablo 2, and they seemed fun, but they have multiplayer as well I think so not sure if they are in a different 'class' or w/e. Same goes for Baldurs Gate as well.

hmmm

Yeah, my bad. Just took some of the best ones out of my head.

About nostalgia, defo it plays a role, but also there is a thing, that some of those games (Fallout/Jagged Aliance/M&M) were in the genre that simply isnt produced anymore. Hence why those even 10+ year old games are still lying in my HD. What game that would be turn based, tactics etc out of released today is that good, if any ?

Mafia - because I got it way before I got Gta. So while its my personal view, it still has value. And it was a good game.

And about being outdated - you're sure you wont get bored by Skyrim in lets say half a year ? K lets add few monts with various mods ?

Also will list some more, will try not to list ones with multiplayer: Same Deus Ex, Wizardry, Saints row, Freelancer, Thief, Civilization, Drakensang. Out of my head again, so there can be mistakes Smile

Last edited by WhiteSnow on Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cheatley
Serf
Cheatley

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Miller

PostSubject: Re: Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever?   Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 4:18 pm

Yeah, the emulators for some reason in my opinion anyway, make the games a bit meh, I've still got my brother's super nintendos so if I'm ever in the mood for mario or streetfighter, I hook one of em up to the tv and I can sit and play em for hours still.

Morrowind is certainly "dated", but it is still the most open ended, detailed TES yet, the guilds weren't finished with in 15-20mins in fact it probably took that long to travel to their task giver. The only thing I really hated about Morrowind was them fucking cliff racers.

Skyrim, in a few months will be ready for this years goty, thats if they stamp the bugs out fast. The downloadable content is supposed to be big, two big ones. So its got time yet to become the best.
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever?   Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 4:27 pm

Cheatley wrote:
Yeah, the emulators for some reason in my opinion anyway, make the games a bit meh, I've still got my brother's super nintendos so if I'm ever in the mood for mario or streetfighter, I hook one of em up to the tv and I can sit and play em for hours still.

Morrowind is certainly "dated", but it is still the most open ended, detailed TES yet, the guilds weren't finished with in 15-20mins in fact it probably took that long to travel to their task giver. The only thing I really hated about Morrowind was them fucking cliff racers.

Skyrim, in a few months will be ready for this years goty, thats if they stamp the bugs out fast. The downloadable content is supposed to be big, two big ones. So its got time yet to become the best.

Goty against Deus Ex 3 and Saints Row the third ?
Back to top Go down
Cheatley
Serf
Cheatley

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever?   Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 4:41 pm

Not played Deus Ex yet, and Saints Rows isn't really a serious game at all this time round, I just don't think a game in which you can drive around running people over and then firing them out of the cannon on your car is goty material....highly amusing but not a contender. They've realised they cant beat GTA for crime game champion and have thought, yknow what, fuck it, we don't have to be serious, thats for that rockstar lot, lets just make it as amusing as we possibly can at the sacrifice of the storyline et al. Its more a "hahah, you played sr3 its lolsy crazy."
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever?   Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 4:46 pm

Cheatley wrote:
Not played Deus Ex yet, and Saints Rows isn't really a serious game at all this time round, I just don't think a game in which you can drive around running people over and then firing them out of the cannon on your car is goty material....highly amusing but not a contender. They've realised they cant beat GTA for crime game champion and have thought, yknow what, fuck it, we don't have to be serious, thats for that rockstar lot, lets just make it as amusing as we possibly can at the sacrifice of the storyline et al. Its more a "hahah, you played sr3 its lolsy crazy."

GTA IV has its flaws as well. Maybe V will be better, but in my oppinion SR beats GTA IV.
Back to top Go down
Cheatley
Serf
Cheatley

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever?   Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 5:00 pm

I dunno, I just can't continue to file Saint's Row and GTA in the same genre anymore. Saint's Row is like an Arcade version of GTA.

GTA gets into the gritty, seedy underbelly, and then catapults you into the flashy penthouse of the rich via a string of gangland executions, robberies and betrayals and the likes.

Saints Row, the new one, is just, here, have 30grand, buy some shit, and tactical missile your enemies.

I, personally, believe when the bugs are ironed out and the dlc has been released and patched, Skyrim will be game of the year. It's just a shame its probably gonna have to wait till next year to be this years game of the year lol
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever?   Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 5:14 pm

Cheatley wrote:
I dunno, I just can't continue to file Saint's Row and GTA in the same genre anymore. Saint's Row is like an Arcade version of GTA.

GTA gets into the gritty, seedy underbelly, and then catapults you into the flashy penthouse of the rich via a string of gangland executions, robberies and betrayals and the likes.

Saints Row, the new one, is just, here, have 30grand, buy some shit, and tactical missile your enemies.

I, personally, believe when the bugs are ironed out and the dlc has been released and patched, Skyrim will be game of the year. It's just a shame its probably gonna have to wait till next year to be this years game of the year lol

So mods + dlc are going to make the final product ?
Back to top Go down
Cheatley
Serf
Cheatley

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever?   Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 5:34 pm

Pretty much. Rather than releasing an entire game these days they all like to release the majority of a game, then make the rest available later for more cash.
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever?   Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 6:17 pm

Ok. Whats about L.A Noire then ?
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger

PostSubject: Re: Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever?   Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 7:53 pm

All good points. Dry, you mention Civilization, man I forgot that one. That is a great fucking game and is definitely up there in the top imo. It's one of the few games I get excited about, even though I know the new one is pretty much the same as the old one. Smile

Total war is a good series, speaking of turn based; but I actually take points away from it because the campaign isn't multiplayer. Idk.

I agree with Cheatley about Saints Row vs. GTA. Both GREAT games, love them; but it is to me the difference between 'simulation' game and 'arcade' game. You can't discredit either of them, but in the end you can't really place them against each other, or at least into the same category.

And Dry, you may be right. Maybe, year from now; I won't give a fuck about Skyrim. Who knows. There are some things about Skyrim that I don't like even. I have Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim now; and I really do miss my super acrobatic skills and being able to run on water and snipe guards from rooftops. Acrobatics was my 'god' skill but I have come to enjoy Skyrim's simplicity for what it is. On the same token, I think Morrowind > Oblivion; but in all honesty my copy of Morrowind has been gathering dust for years now so even I might be nostalgic.

Things I did not like about Skyrim:
1: No super god jumping or running on water / few less skills I liked (but some skills I am glad are gone)
2: Why the fuck can't I attack from my horse?
3: No friendly fire option. How many times I reload a save point because I killed my companion.
4: Level scaling. It is WAY better than oblivion, but Oblivion's level scaling was the worst I've ever seen. I would have preferred the old way of Morrowind: no level scaling at all. That was fun, just exploring and your little level 5 stumbles into a level 50 dungeon and gets demolished... Good times.
5: Would have liked to see some of the 'ranks' regarding guilds expanded upon. Some of the quest lines are pretty long and have infinite quests which is awesome; but it seemed to not take so long to go from 'new recruit' to 'boss' ect. No spoilers provided.. Wink
6: Spears/Lances/Some big thing I can chuck at the flying dinosaurs? It seems a logical weapon to fight dragons with, and it would be awesome to be able to launch something long range like that. Sure, might wind up losing our weapon from it; but it would be bad ass and that's why we carry small arsenals.

But really, I think that's about it. They could have expanded on the family/marriage thing too, but I don't see it as a drawback to my gameplay. Besides, thats what Fable is for. Razz

I'm not even worried about bugs/glitches really because I haven't had anything game breaking and I don't go looking for anything. I remember duping items in Oblivion and I got super rich and then bored; Wound up starting a whole new toon. I know I hit a few bugs in Morrowind as well, something with alchemy I think but can't remember.

Oh shit, I just remembered the original Wing Commander... Hmmm...

Oregon Trail for nostalgia too Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.nngo.biz
Diragon
Citizen
Diragon

PostSubject: Re: Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever?   Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 8:46 pm

Oregon Trail! So much better than Amazon Trail.. I mean taking pictures of animals and harpooning logs.. meh.

And Dr. Quandry.. that game was really creepy.
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever?   Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 9:08 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-tAVx9VJIc
Back to top Go down
Cheatley
Serf
Cheatley

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever?   Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 10:15 pm

I'm gonna get L.A Noire some time soon I reckon, looks good.

Dead Island was pretty fun for a while as well. Far better than that one set in the shopping centre.
Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever?   Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 10:40 pm

I have it(L.A Noire) and looking forward to check it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever?   Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 11:28 am

It seems that PSN has Grandia in its store so my sis installed it. It's a real masterpiece, even if the graphics are old. Makes me want to stop everything I'm doing, just to watch her play. Price is $10 on PSN.
Back to top Go down
the_flame
Squire

PostSubject: Re: Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever?   Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 12:18 pm

Good game but not even close to best.
Back to top Go down
viery
Citizen
viery

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever?   Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 7:21 pm

my top 5 single player games

gta IV

Skyrim

heavy rain

ico

shadow of the colosus

sorry anto!! skyrim is fecking great, but not quite the best :p

Back to top Go down
WhiteSnow
Noble
WhiteSnow

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever?   Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever? - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 2:45 pm

Now that I had played both.

This is better. Deus Ex ftw. Not the best game of all times but is better than Skyrim in my book.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhqYBKZRg5I
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever?   Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Is Skyrim the best single player game, ever?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2