AuthorMessage
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

Other Games Thread - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other Games Thread   Other Games Thread - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 8:07 pm

The Sims is always buggy. No game I've ever played has as many issues as The Sims and begs for so much system resources. Yuck.

Forsaken World is made by Perfect World, and it has its similarities but it's said to be an improvement upon Perfect World. It's also more like WoW than Perfect World is. Has human, elf, stoneman, dwarf and kindred(vampires) class. The dwarf realm looks so much like WoW's that it confused me a bit. Laughing

If I recall correctly,
Humans can be Warrior, Priest, Mage, Assassin
Elves can be Warrior, Priest, Mage, Bard
Dwarves can only be Marksmen.
Stonemen can only be Protectors and can only be male.
Vampires can be Assassins, Mages and Vampires. Vampire class is kind of like a dark priest. Razz

And each class has three talent trees, so there's quite a bit of customization. I'm going for Divine Priest but there's option to go Rebel or Glacial priest.

They have jobs that can be taken. Ya cant take every job. Can take up to 6 out of the 13 that are available, plus some jobs are just given to ya. There will be a 14th soon. So I've taken up fishing, cooking, botany and alchemy. Then everyone is given socialite job. I intend to take up the tamer job when I get to level 35. It'll let me tame pets and sell them. Perfect World has a Venomancer class that can tame pets but with this system, anyone who takes up a tamer job can do it.

And they have guilds to join with guild bases, apparently. But I joined a GM made guild that lets me takeup guild specific quests without dealing with anyone. Razz Will have to join a real guild eventually, I guess, since the socialite job requires some level of socializing.

And they have instances and recurring quests everyday that give lots of experience, so there's always something to do. And it's easy to get into a party because the system can put you on a party waiting list and put groups together.

Etc etc etc
Back to top Go down
Diragon
Citizen
Diragon

PostSubject: Re: Other Games Thread   Other Games Thread - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 8:12 pm

Sounds okay, but I think I am just MMORPG'd out. I haven't logged into WoW for 2 weeks now. My wife still plays though, and if we ever had time, we'd try to get on together to do some heroic dungeons Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Other Games Thread   Other Games Thread - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 8:14 pm

I just cant bring myself to play WoW again. It's definitely a good quality game but the idea of spending $30 every 2 months to waste my life, yeah... I spend money on IMVU but at least they give me opportunity to try and earn some back through developing. Razz
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Other Games Thread   Other Games Thread - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 8:36 pm

LOL, once ya get past a certain point, I think in quests, they let ya train with one of the racial NPC groups. I can train with humans and vampires at the moment. And, I left my game unattended for 12 hours. It just leveled up my character. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Diragon
Citizen
Diragon

PostSubject: Re: Other Games Thread   Other Games Thread - Page 9 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 8:45 am

IMVU?
Back to top Go down
Devin
Citizen
Devin

Location : in a nice cabin bored out of my mind happy to be alive

PostSubject: Re: Other Games Thread   Other Games Thread - Page 9 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 9:30 am

its a chat site Diragon
Back to top Go down
Zakku
King of the Incinerator!
Zakku

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Blacksmith

PostSubject: Re: Other Games Thread   Other Games Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 3:03 am

WOW is dying anyway though, have heard news that Blizzard will shit out a StarCraft MMO sometime in the not so distant future..... I believe the working title of the game right now is StarCraft 7 the quest for more money
Back to top Go down
Diragon
Citizen
Diragon

PostSubject: Re: Other Games Thread   Other Games Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 7:43 am

Hahah People have been saying WoW is dying since the first expansion, I think it will be around for as long as it chooses to be. At least until the japanese develop some new awesome, FREE or very cheap next-gen gaming device.

I'm thinking.. completely 3-d, virtual reality MMORPG with complete body sensors to relay every move you make in a confined space (such as your living room) into actual game movement.

Oh wait nevermind, us gamers are way too lazy to actually move Razz
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Other Games Thread   Other Games Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 8:26 am

You'd just wind up with a party lined up, jerking off. I can see that for free without downloading anything as is. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Telcara
Squire
Telcara

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: None

PostSubject: Re: Other Games Thread   Other Games Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 4:57 am

Elois wrote:
I have Sims 3 and was going to play it again, making more RK characters to smack BJB. Razz But with the latest update patch, it doesnt want to work for me. I can go into create mode just fine but I cant play. Dunno what it's conflicting with.

Not sure what you mean by create mode, create a sim? Can you access the build and buy mode?

Things to look at:
-Have you deleted your game cache? Always do that first if game is being stubborn and refuses to run
-If you are running an ARRR'ed copy you might need to download a new no cd thingy, mebbe

And then the classical - Do you download custom content? Have you added anything recently?
Move your complete downloads folder to the desktop and start up the sims without any custom content at all. There might be a mod or other download which is incompatible with your current version, as the patch has updated the version of the game. To be on the safe side, always backup saves before adding a new expansion, stuff pack or patch. They like to fuck up your game real bad sometimes.

If you need help figuring out if you have a custom content conflict or something else, just ask Smile

------------------------------------------------

I've played Sims like, since it came out. Have all the expansions to Sims 2 and Sims 2. I remember how fun Sims 1 was and some things were awesome (pet draggie? Laughing) but after trying Sims 2 where kids actually grow and the sims age... um yeah, Sims 1 became too boring. Besides, my sim could earn more money making grape nectar than to work. At times I get completely obsessed with the sims and play it much for a while until I get tired, a few weeks or months go by and I'm back to obsessions. Its simply one of the games which I have played for years. Its a bit too easy so I download mods which give my simmies 50% less wages, things more expensive, higher bills... that stuff. Its more fun when they ave to fight to survive Twisted Evil

Switching over to Sims 3 was hard. Playing just the original game was a shitty experience. They want me to pay for the game which only has the very basic furniture and stuff after I've played Sims 2 with its 9 expansions and 8 stuff packs plus more GB of custom content than I want to admit.... huh!! I only got back to it after Late Night was released and I got my hands on shiny Sims Store items, and creators on the web had got more custom content out there. Oh yeah, the fact that the simmies themselves looked so damn ugly didn't help at the start. Only custom content prevented me from never ever playing it again, custom skin and eyes do A LOT to the game experience.

All Sims 3 store items can be found 100% free at MATY forums. I'd suggest grabbing the files from Moryrie as she makes sure she got them all and has deactivated townies from wearing some of the weird stuff. There's also Sims Medieval hair, clothes ad furniture conversions for Sims 3, as well as AWESOME MOD which really is an awesome mod you can configure and it fixes some crap in the game. Sadly the sims games seem to be put together very sloppily often and I don't want to think of all the times they've caused me a headache. But an obsession is an obsession...

I haven't played Generations as I had to leave my computer in Sweden when I moved to Uk. By the way, Pets expansions is coming out the 18-21 Oct this year cat

Yes... I'm suffering from abstinence.
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Other Games Thread   Other Games Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 6:15 am

Quote :
Other Games Thread - Page 9 Avatar-Telcara-TransparentDARK

Character sheet
RK Level:
Other Games Thread - Page 9 Left_bar_bleueOther Games Thread - Page 9 Full_bar_bleueOther Games Thread - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleueOther Games Thread - Page 9 Right_bar_bleue (3/4)
Other Games Thread - Page 9 Icon_minipost_new1Subject: Re: Other Games Thread Other Games Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitime1Today at 4:57 am Other Games Thread - Page 9 Icon_multiquote_off_en Other Games Thread - Page 9 I_icon_quote

+
----
-

Elois wrote:
I have Sims 3 and was going to play it again, making more RK characters to smack BJB. Razz
But with the latest update patch, it doesnt want to work for me. I
can go into create mode just fine but I cant play. Dunno what it's
conflicting with.

Not sure what you mean by create mode, create a sim? Can you access the build and buy mode?

Things to look at:
-Have you deleted your game cache? Always do that first if game is being stubborn and refuses to run
-If you are running an ARRR'ed copy you might need to download a new no cd thingy, mebbe

And then the classical - Do you download custom content? Have you added anything recently?
Move your complete downloads folder to the desktop and start up the sims without any custom content at all.
There might be a mod or other download which is incompatible with your
current version, as the patch has updated the version of the game. To be
on the safe side, always backup saves before adding a new expansion,
stuff pack or patch. They like to fuck up your game real bad sometimes.

If you need help figuring out if you have a custom content conflict or something else, just ask Smile

Did, legal, did. Out of care. TY sweetie.
Back to top Go down
Telcara
Squire
Telcara

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Other Games Thread   Other Games Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 6:12 pm

Did you manage to get it to work then? Smile
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Other Games Thread   Other Games Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 7:29 pm

No. I did everything you mentioned. Also did a fresh reinstall with default everything. No dice.

Which is why I'm out of care.
Back to top Go down
Telcara
Squire
Telcara

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Other Games Thread   Other Games Thread - Page 9 EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 3:06 am

http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall
http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Preparing_for_the_Next_Patch_Expansion
http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Install
http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Patching

Modthesims have pretty good articles but not that many in the Sims 3 area. I Googled the problem with updating the game version and the game stopping to work, seems more people than you have it.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,20525.0.html
I'd keep a lookout on that area, they're quick to point out issues and solving them

This is what I'd try:
Uninstall and clear files properly. I myself don't bother with registry stuff but if you know how, why not.
Reinstall in the order the expansions were released
1 Install base game
2 Test game
3 Install each expansion/stuff pack and after each install start up the game and see if it works.

To me it most likely seems like a patch issue with Generations update. Your choices would be to NOT UPDATE or to shelf Generations until a fix comes out for your problem. The patch is still new so creators are working on getting their content compatible. Your game did run just fine until that patch, right?
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Other Games Thread   Other Games Thread - Page 9 EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 3:16 am

I've had an account at that site for years.

No more helping, please! It's not a priority for me.
Back to top Go down
Telcara
Squire
Telcara

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Other Games Thread   Other Games Thread - Page 9 EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 3:19 am

Fine fine I don't mind though blabbing about Sims comes way too natural to me Razz
Back to top Go down
Mikhaila
Knight
Mikhaila

Character sheet
DDO character: Cleric

PostSubject: Re: Other Games Thread   Other Games Thread - Page 9 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 12:13 am

http://www.guildwars.com/ Very Happy My new fav Smile its free to try out if you download it and no monthly fees.

Back to top Go down
Rayzar
Serf

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Other Games Thread   Other Games Thread - Page 9 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 1:40 pm

Anyone in the Dungeons & Dragons: Heroes of Neverwinter Beta?

https://www.facebook.com/HeroesOfNeverwinter?sk=wall

(I keep trying to get in when they add new accounts but am never around to time it right)

If so, how is it?
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger

PostSubject: Re: Other Games Thread   Other Games Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 1:54 pm

oo i'd like to try that

been playing some poker now and then. pissing a lot of people off cleaning them out.

been on and off this one site for years, pokerrpg.com

anto_capone
rank 1 [449 overall]
Universal Champion (21)
35,699,249 chips hehehe
Back to top Go down
http://www.nngo.biz
Toasti Jen
Noble
Toasti Jen

Character sheet
DDO character: Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: Other Games Thread   Other Games Thread - Page 9 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 9:47 pm

Just started playing Shadow Cities for iEverything (for me, I use my iPhone). My character name is Eudoxia, if anyone else plays it or cares to!

http://www.shadowcities.com/
Back to top Go down
Toasti Jen
Noble
Toasti Jen

Character sheet
DDO character: Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: Other Games Thread   Other Games Thread - Page 9 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 4:18 pm

http://www.destructoid.com/dc-universe-online-set-to-go-free-to-play-in-october-211788.phtml

I will be checking this out come October!
Back to top Go down
Mikhaila
Knight
Mikhaila

Character sheet
DDO character: Cleric

PostSubject: Re: Other Games Thread   Other Games Thread - Page 9 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 5:41 pm

Just got my copy of gears3 yesterday and Sad I was told I have to wait for hubby to play it. *sigh* I guess after waiting almost a year for it to finally get to the house another day won't matter. The Multiplayer looks awesome though.
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Other Games Thread   Other Games Thread - Page 9 EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 3:52 pm

My browser games right now that I really love and have neglected all other browser games for...

Zombie Lane
Standard browser game that regenerates turns every few minutes. Have a house with a yard, and outside the fence are tons of zombies. Kill zombies to complete different goals. Farming for more food means more turns. Buy weapons to fight zombies, and craft special weapons to fight more elite zombies.

Crime City
Build businesses to collect money from. Go to different parts of NYC to do jobs and take hits out on NPCs. Visit other players' hoods to rob their businesses or kill them. Earn money, exp, respect, and collect items. Visit mafia's(friend's) hoods to protect their businesses. Take down NPC bosses to complete an area.

Play em both on Google + but Facebook has them too.

Only game I'll play on Facebook is Gourmet Ranch. Good thing about it is that if I'm gone a few days, I don't miss out on anything much. No withered crops or burned food. Farm and fish to collect ingredients, then cook dishes according to recipe, then place them on serving tables for the waitresses to hand out. Ingredients are unlocked with keys that are found while fishing, or given while leveling up.

They're all flash based, not text based.

And I found a game called Aika. It's been around for a while. Play Aika Online. They have an Aika Global for players outside of the U.S. and Canada as well. Liking the battle animations. Playing a dual gunner. It's a nation vs. nation pvp mmorpg. Players raise fairies, that evolve into kids, that evolve into teens, that eventually evolve into adults. Each nation has its own philosophy, and each fairy(called pran) have their own personality. Their personalities from the time they become teens, onward, are based on how they're communicated with. Prans need to be fed and they ask questions every once in a while. How the questions are answered determines which 1 of 6 personalities they get. If they're ignored, their devotion is low and they wont help in battle. Personalities are Cute, Hyper, Mean, Sexy, Intelligent, and Tough.

But I'm looking forward to getting to level 50 or so, when I can really take part in the nation vs. nation stuff. Everytime a player is pk'd, the killer earns a skull. The skulls can be turned in for special items. If a player kills their own people, their pran gets pissed off and they also lose honor points. Some prefer to do things that way. Razz

Classes are gender locked but it's not that big of a deal, imo. For magic class, they have Cleric and Warlock. For ranged class, there's Dual Gunner and Rifleman. For melee class, there's Paladin and Warrior. All human race.

From what I've read, mounts can be bought in the cash shop but at around level 41, there's a quest for a permanent mount. Either go on a very long 10 stage quest or pay $2,000,000.

Back to top Go down
Fitz_
Squire
Fitz_

PostSubject: Re: Other Games Thread   Other Games Thread - Page 9 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 11:20 pm

removed by poster

Last edited by Fitz_ on Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Elois
Noble
Elois

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: Other Games Thread   Other Games Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 11:08 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Other Games Thread   Other Games Thread - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Other Games Thread
Page 9 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next