Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Seldomseen
Knight

Character sheet
DDO character: Cleric
RK Profession: Carpenter

Stupid laws.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid laws....   Stupid laws.... - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 8:34 am

anto_capone wrote:
fhead wrote:
i hate the stupid carpool lane laws. i treat it as a passing lane, because some inconsiderate jerks drive slow in the fast lane.

omfg, i cant stand people who drive like that, but i figured out why they do it.

they think going 65, is going FAST. so, they go into the FAST lane.

we need to call the lane what it is:

the passing lane.

and hope to hell these morons can take the hint.

pass, then get the fuck out of my way already!!!

Have to agree with that, i think it is the number one reason i experience road rage on a daily basis. They dont understand that if they are going 70 and i want to do 80 they should get the way out of my truck.
Back to top Go down
Diragon
Citizen
Diragon

PostSubject: Re: Stupid laws....   Stupid laws.... - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 9:05 am

I like to give people road rage. A few weeks ago I was heading down a 2-lane road, speed limit 50, with no shoulder. Some little dick was speeding around 80 or so, had to be, with his little gay blue import. In my rear view, I saw him swirving left and right around cars, and when he got behind me, he starting swirving in the lane. Like I wasn't going fast enough for him. But I was going faster then a van in the right lane, so I guess he thought he'd snake behind me and then cross in front of the van once I passed.

But then he flashed his headlights. Combined with the swirving, I knew I was dealing with a real american faggot. So I slowed down to match speeds side by side with the van, and roadblocked him for a good 5-6 minutes. It sounded like a Beethoven concert with his horn. Eventually the van turned off right, and he went around me, and yelled some expletives in my window. I smiled and waved.

Then the showdown began. We got to a red light, and as I expected he jumped out of his car and headed over to mine. So I got out too and rolled up my sleeves, with my wife screaming at me "He's not worth it! Get back in the car! I don't want you to go to jail!!" (I've been arrested twice before for fighting, though was drunk those times.)

But it was a bluff, I knew once I got out, and he realized who he was dealing with, the 5'4" curly haired pudgy midget would stop. He yelled a few more times, but stopped coming over to me. But his insults were pretty lame, the worst thing he could think of was calling me a "nigger lover". Maybe if I lived in Arkansas in 1940's I'd take offense to that. Anyway, he got back in his car and sped off, with his engine sounding horrible. I guess he thought it was cool, but it was high pitched like a muffled cat in a burlap bag. Oh yea, one other insult he said like 5 times "Woah, you drive a Focus?"

I've got tons of other stories like these.
Back to top Go down
Kazimi
Citizen
Kazimi

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Baker

PostSubject: Re: Stupid laws....   Stupid laws.... - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 9:16 am

lol. In Belgium you may drive on all the freeways 120 km/hours. So that means you can drive 80 miles/hour on every freeway here Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ikids
Serf

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Blacksmith

PostSubject: Re: Stupid laws....   Stupid laws.... - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 11:13 am

Kazimi wrote:
lol. In Belgium you may drive on all the freeways 120 km/hours. So that means you can drive 80 miles/hour on every freeway here Very Happy

Haha lucky you Razz In PA the max is 65 mph granted most people go atleast 80 lol
Back to top Go down
Diragon
Citizen
Diragon

PostSubject: Re: Stupid laws....   Stupid laws.... - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 4:57 pm

Yea I usually cruise control around 78. I like to keep just under the 15-over for plausible deniability.
Back to top Go down
Aidan
Noble
Aidan

Character sheet
DDO character: Fighter
RK Profession: None

PostSubject: Re: Stupid laws....   Stupid laws.... - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 8:05 pm

15 over? I thought it was 10%, but maybe thats just Ireland. And I found out why the other day in Physics, its cause the gun they use isnt accurate enough to arrest someone for speeding over by a couple..

In Ireland i'm pretty sure the speed limit was 100mph on the main motorways but then they changed to the metric system and now its only 120kph... Sad
Back to top Go down
fhead
Commoner

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: Stupid laws....   Stupid laws.... - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 5:41 am

iirc, wyoming has $5 ticket on the spot for speeding on highways, or something like that. hardly worth it to stop speeders on the long lonely flat straights, smart law.

and ever notice, the less cops in rush hour traffic the smoother the flow? and notice on the last friday of the month that there is less traffic? thats because civil servants get a day off every month and thats the day they most pick,,, at least here in az.
Back to top Go down
ikids
Serf

Character sheet
DDO character:
RK Profession: Blacksmith

PostSubject: Re: Stupid laws....   Stupid laws.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 12:10 am

Aidann wrote:
15 over? I thought it was 10%, but maybe thats just Ireland. And I found out why the other day in Physics, its cause the gun they use isnt accurate enough to arrest someone for speeding over by a couple..

In Ireland i'm pretty sure the speed limit was 100mph on the main motorways but then they changed to the metric system and now its only 120kph... Sad

Wait, so in Ireland they go by a percent? Huh... In the U.S. it varies by state, but mostly if it is over 35 mph they wont pull you over if you are within 10. There is a jump in ticket price though if you get over 15 over. Depends on the states, cops, and judge if you fight it Razz
Back to top Go down
Diragon
Citizen
Diragon

PostSubject: Re: Stupid laws....   Stupid laws.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 6:00 pm

Yea, 15 over is like Reckless Endangerment or Reckless Driving or something like that. Price jump, and more points.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stupid laws....   Stupid laws.... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Stupid laws....
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2