Join us at our NEW forum: www.nngo.biz
All your Nachos are belong to us!
Join us at our NEW forum: www.nngo.biz
All your Nachos are belong to us!

~NNGO IZ SRS BSNS~

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» TORN
Would you consider these good builds? If not, suggestions. EmptyMon Oct 29, 2018 3:03 pm by anto_capone

» Ridiculously rough draft ideas
Would you consider these good builds? If not, suggestions. EmptyMon Jul 09, 2018 7:50 pm by James

» The Music Thread!
Would you consider these good builds? If not, suggestions. EmptyThu Feb 08, 2018 1:19 pm by Trinity

» How's life treating ya?
Would you consider these good builds? If not, suggestions. EmptyMon Feb 05, 2018 8:06 am by Trinity

» Games to Replace RK - Reviews
Would you consider these good builds? If not, suggestions. EmptySat Dec 23, 2017 7:28 pm by Bekah

» Queen of Ireland
Would you consider these good builds? If not, suggestions. EmptySat Dec 23, 2017 12:28 am by jaqk

» RPG Maker
Would you consider these good builds? If not, suggestions. EmptySat Nov 18, 2017 9:52 pm by Trinity

» Fight of Ages
Would you consider these good builds? If not, suggestions. EmptyFri Nov 17, 2017 8:43 pm by Trinity

» Access to NNGO Forums
Would you consider these good builds? If not, suggestions. EmptySat Oct 28, 2017 2:28 pm by gonads

» Laugh of the day
Would you consider these good builds? If not, suggestions. EmptySat Oct 21, 2017 9:40 pm by Bekah

Navigation
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 215 on Tue May 18, 2021 2:52 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Discord

Would you consider these good builds? If not, suggestions.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Thorisin
Serf

Would you consider these good builds? If not, suggestions. Empty
PostSubject: Would you consider these good builds? If not, suggestions.   Would you consider these good builds? If not, suggestions. EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 3:35 pm

I put these together for Aly with her Ranger as part of the equation but also as being able to pass from char to char...

Both are Green Steel Longswords...

Negative Energy Absorption 15%
+6 Wisdom (+10 Haggle and Diplomacy)
Alignment Burst (Good)
Concordant Opposition(HP)
+2 Exceptional Con

Healing Amp 10%
Chain Lightning
Elemental Burst Shocking
+2 Exceptional Strength

Are these good or would you suggest a different build... and why would help me to understand as well, hehe.
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet
DDO character: Ranger
RK Profession: Blacksmith

PostSubject: Re: Would you consider these good builds? If not, suggestions.   Would you consider these good builds? If not, suggestions. EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 10:30 pm

not imo

i would only ever put damage things on a weapon if it is ever going to be swung at an enemy. if you are a caster or something that is different, but casters dont need green steel weapons.

so nothing like +2 exceptional stat, healing amp, or energy absorption, because having those things on a weapon when you can place them in other spots is not worth it.

you can slot all those things somewhere else; you cannot slot more DPS anywhere else
Back to top Go down
http://www.nngo.biz
ArcaneJill
Admin
ArcaneJill

Character sheet
DDO character: Cleric
RK Profession: None

PostSubject: Re: Would you consider these good builds? If not, suggestions.   Would you consider these good builds? If not, suggestions. EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 10:58 pm

If you're looking at TR'ing, greensteel is some of the best twink gear in the game since you can use the wearable items at level 11 and the weapons at 12. But I definitely agree with Anto, nothing but damage effects on weapons unless you are a caster (and even then for most things there are better items than wasting your ingredients on a caster stick.)

I usually make my wearable items pretty basic so they can be used on any life. This means an all SP concordant opp item (wizardry 6 and 150 stacking SP) and an all HP item (+45 stacking HP). The HP item I make either triple-positive for the raise dead clicky or Min II for the heavy fort and the stoneskin clicky.

Weapons Lit II is the way to go. They are expensive but worth it. If Aly is going to stay ranger and go Tempest she may want to consider taking khopesh proficiency and make 2 Lit II khopesh's.

Sounds daunting, I know. Any double-shard item is quite expensive. But we were all there. The best thing to do is run all your Shroud-flagged toons as often as you can (unless you're rich enough to buy your mats which I know I'm not lol) and prioritize your items - build one at a time.
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Would you consider these good builds? If not, suggestions.   Would you consider these good builds? If not, suggestions. EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 11:08 pm

Simple rule of thumb:

If you are making a greensteel weapon, in order to swing it at mobs and damage them: then everything on the greensteel should do damage. having +2 exc. CON on a weapon is going to make the entire thing scrapped later on when you get +2 exc. CON on something else. you cant just swap out +2 exc. CON for something else later, you will have to scrap the entire thing and rebuild it from scratch.

for weapons, you cannot go wrong with a lit 2 greensteel. it does the most damage of any green steel weapon, and does more damage than most epic weapons. for a lit 2 longsword, this is what it would take:

http://www.perfectweb.org/ddo/crafting/base_crafting.php?base=6&tier1=12&tier2=79&tier3=187&tier4=192&bonus1=6&bonus2=33&altC=0

you can make a lightning strike weapon other ways, but to do so any other way that the way I just linked will result in you replacing the item down the road. the lit 2 khopesh's i made years ago are still super useful on my ranger and are still what he uses at levels 12-20.

wearable items are a bit more tricky. if you are a caster or divine/healer, you want a conc. opp item for the spell point regeneration. there are a couple ways to make one, but imo only one way is the best. i screwed up my first conc. opp and have one rotting in my bank. that was a waste of 5 large scales, and 20 other large ingredients.

another thing to keep in mind, if you are looking to wear 2 green steel items you will need to cleanse one of them. that requires 20 shroud runs for essence of cleansing. otherwise you will take damage trying to wear 2 items every 2 seconds, and will die. Razz

however, you can dual wield green steel weapons without cleansing either of them.
Back to top Go down
anto_capone
Royal
anto_capone

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Would you consider these good builds? If not, suggestions.   Would you consider these good builds? If not, suggestions. EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 11:18 pm

just examples, my ranger has 4 greensteel items he uses at all times:

2 lit2 khopeshes (holy, shocking burst, shocking blast, lightning strike):
http://www.perfectweb.org/ddo/crafting/base_crafting.php?base=3&tier1=12&tier2=79&tier3=187&tier4=192&bonus1=6&bonus2=33&altC=0

a conc opp spell point item (blindness/disease immunity, 100 SP, 50 SP, +5 UMD, +6 WIS):
http://www.perfectweb.org/ddo/crafting/base_crafting.php?base=14&tier1=71&tier2=126&tier3=162&tier4=161&bonus1=20&bonus2=65&altC=0

a cheap hit point item (+45 HP, crushing wave guard, +6 jump- only costs 3 large scales to make, is a single shard):
http://www.perfectweb.org/ddo/crafting/base_crafting.php?base=20&tier1=58&tier2=130&tier3=166&tier4=0&bonus1=16&bonus2=47&altC=0

those are just examples. my wizard uses just about the same exact thing for conc. opp except it is slotted somewhere else. also, my wizard uses a min 2 as his HP item (45 HP, +5 AC, heavy fort):
http://www.perfectweb.org/ddo/crafting/base_crafting.php?base=13&tier1=56&tier2=132&tier3=168&tier4=164&bonus1=11&bonus2=59&altC=0

let us know what you are trying to do, we'll be sure to help Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would you consider these good builds? If not, suggestions.   Would you consider these good builds? If not, suggestions. Empty

Back to top Go down

Would you consider these good builds? If not, suggestions.
Page 1 of 1